Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten results from rolling every 3 weeks? Is a 2 week frequency generally the minimum frequency for results?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the ultima A7 and compared with dermapen 2? I dont want to order dermapen due autistic staff.. I dont want them to be mad at me for a random reason and leave me with no cartridges.

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently started dermaroller once every 2 weeks. When i had decided to start i already had a 0.7 mm roller at home so i started with it. And man, it hurts! but I kept on going because I really want to see results. I see people talk about 1.5 - 2.5 mm rollers, but I already bleed heavily at 0.7 mm, check Telogen Effluvium images. Is that normal or is that oke?

Shall I continue with 0.7 mm or does it make no sense?

Boys??

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone clear up the possibility of shock loss? I'm like 99% sure thats what I've done to my right temple as I went super hard on it, and my left temple is like a norwood 0, so I concentrate on the right totally. Will this sh*t grow back?

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been rolling and anything else in your regimen? Recently start min, etc?

Can someone clear up the possibility of shock loss? I'm like 99% sure thats what I've done to my right temple as I went super hard on it, and my left temple is like a norwood 0, so I concentrate on the right totally. Will this sh*t grow back?

Jay_7862587

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thanks for the great information in this thread. I'm a Norwood 3 vertex, 34 yo. Losing hair slowly since I was about 20.

I've come across microneedling when using minoxidil to fix a patchy beard (going well, but ongoing), and after seeing some research and reading this thread I decided to get serious about my male pattern baldness as well. I've spend/wasted almost a complete day (o_O) going down the rabbit hole and this is the plan I've come up with...

I will start microneedling once a week (derminator 2) and applying minoxidil once a day.

I have the feeling that a topical DHT blocker would stop or reverse the hair loss from another angle, so adding a topical DHT blocker makes a lot of sense to me... I don't want to block DHT systemically so oral finasteride isn't an option (I already had some hormonal issues in the past).
Are there any tips/recommendations on this front? As far as I've seen, there are some ketoconazole (Nizoral) or azaleic acid shampoos, but they don't provide good results... The research/information I've seen so far seems a bit shoddy on topical blockers, but maybe there is something popular in the community that I'm missing?
For now, I will try a mix of rosemary, coconut and peppermint oil and leave that in for a couple of hours on some days.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude.
The general consensus is that wounding is ONLY achieved at depths between 1.5 and 2 mm (or even 2.5 mm). We reached this conclusion because this is how the studies do it.
Try 1 mm and see how you fare. Then slowly increase the depth as you get comfortable.
You can always use some numbing cream too.
Best of luck!

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone using iodine per at least one of the studies? If so, can you share what you do?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone read anything about needling and the effects it has on dht?

I can't find anything about it. Would be interesting to know if there is any relation to it.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any way to get Derminator for cheaper than the actual price on their site?
I'm afraid you can only get it on their website for that price.
Has anyone read anything about needling and the effects it has on dht?

I can't find anything about it. Would be interesting to know if there is any relation to it.
I tried looking before too but could not find anything either! Would be interesting indeed.

joni106

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It is known that during treatment with microneedling, the potential with regrowth of hair reaches its peak on 7-14 days after wounding.
Apart from Minoxidil I have been using what else can improve the chances of re-growth?
I thought maybe about castor oil, one day a week Minoxidil 15%. Do you have any other ideas? Maybe something related to nutrition?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It is known that during treatment with microneedling, the potential with regrowth of hair reaches its peak on 7-14 days after wounding.
Apart from Minoxidil I have been using what else can improve the chances of re-growth?
I thought maybe about castor oil, one day a week Minoxidil 15%. Do you have any other ideas? Maybe something related to nutrition?

vitamin D, iron (better with Vit C) , b12, biotin supplements at aprox their RDAs. I don't trust the diet absorption capabilities of my own guts.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude.
The general consensus is that wounding is ONLY achieved at depths between 1.5 and 2 mm (or even 2.5 mm). We reached this conclusion because this is how the studies do it.
Try 1 mm and see how you fare. Then slowly increase the depth as you get comfortable.
You can always use some numbing cream too.
Best of luck!

So you just increase the mm until wounding is achieved? I’m using 1.5mm and nothing is happening ...