List Of Strongest To Weakest Antiandrogens

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
WHY IS THE OP BANNED?

There’s some reasons floating around, such as himself creating fake accounts to mass like his own posts and mass dislike others posts. I am guessing they connected the IP addresses together.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s some reasons floating around, such as himself creating fake accounts to mass like his own posts and mass dislike others posts. I am guessing they connected the IP addresses together.

Oh ... that's was pretty dumb. I hope he will come back, even if we don't agree.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
@Ein Are you on topical or oral bicalutamide? If oral, I'm surprised you haven't had more sides than gyno. Are you doing a transition or anything?

I've got bica coming, going to try topical as 2+ years of dutasteride+RU haven't slowed down my loss

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ein Are you on topical or oral bicalutamide? If oral, I'm surprised you haven't had more sides than gyno. Are you doing a transition or anything?

I've got bica coming, going to try topical as 2+ years of dutasteride+RU haven't slowed down my loss
Damn i wanted to try duta and ru now since finasteride is a disaster for me but 2+ years you been on it and still not working. Is your duta and ru legit?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I just want to temper the optimism, not just because I'm an a**h**, but because when I started those drugs I was so happy, I thought I was going to use the perfect drugs to win against baldness. And it made things a lot worse.
We should be a lot cautious. Because we are promoting drugs a lot of guys read us and some of us are desperate (like I was, and still am) and can try everything and it might be detrimental to their health. That's all.

@itchymadscalp What do you mean it made things a lot worse? which med are you talking about there? I'm currently looking into combining dutasteride with topical bicalutamide since dutasteride alone hasn't done anything. Worried I may have reflex hyperandrogenicity

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@itchymadscalp What do you mean it made things a lot worse? which med are you talking about there? I'm currently looking into combining dutasteride with topical bicalutamide since dutasteride alone hasn't done anything. Worried I may have reflex hyperandrogenicity

I lost 70% of my hair (top and around the ears) after I started Cypro, then later Bica, spironolactone ... and its still going on (I'm on Lupron now). Nothing works, I think because of upregulation of androgen receptors (Post Finasteride Syndrome). I had no sex drive for 10 years on Dutasteride (I stopped it was the same). My testosterone was high, but it was like it was not doing anything to me (hair loss stopped, no sex drive, no hair body, feminine face, no oily skin ...). Because my androgen receptors are so sensitive they stop to work normally.
When I started Cyproterone my testosterone was low ... but it was like my testosterone was high (androgen receptors were not overflowed by androgens, so they didnt shut down), my hair loss came back (even if I was still taking Dutasteride), itchy scalp, libido, oily skin, muscles, ...
It's very complicated to explain, and I look like a fool when I try to clear up my issue. But I'm sure I'm right. So now I'm expecting the upregulation of the androgen receptors will stop after some time on AA+ Estradiol ... but after 2 years I'm starting to lose hope, but I refuse to give up.
So ... what I want to say is ... ok it can work wonderful for a lot of guys but sometimes Fina/Duta/CPA/Bica ... do something to your body, that make your hair loss worse and after that there is nothing you can do to repair the damage. So just be careful, and keep it mind it could happen to you.
I was enthusiastic (after antidhtor post) but all of this was a big fail for me. And it's not just about hair loss ... I have now pain in my pelvic area, hips, arms, legs, eyes, ... and I'm sure its related to the upregulation. I cannot prove it, and tried a lot of drugs to alleviate the pain and give up because nothing worked.

Be careful, but don't be paranoid. I'm sure AA can work for 90% of men, but if you're sane guy and not a transgender, you shouldnt not considering at all those medications.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost 70% of my hair (top and around the ears) after I started Cypro, then later Bica, spironolactone ... and its still going on (I'm on Lupron now). Nothing works, I think because of upregulation of androgen receptors (Post Finasteride Syndrome). I had no sex drive for 10 years on Dutasteride (I stopped it was the same). My testosterone was high, but it was like it was not doing anything to me (hair loss stopped, no sex drive, no hair body, feminine face, no oily skin ...). Because my androgen receptors are so sensitive they stop to work normally.
When I started Cyproterone my testosterone was low ... but it was like my testosterone was high (androgen receptors were not overflowed by androgens, so they didnt shut down), my hair loss came back (even if I was still taking Dutasteride), itchy scalp, libido, oily skin, muscles, ...
It's very complicated to explain, and I look like a fool when I try to clear up my issue. But I'm sure I'm right. So now I'm expecting the upregulation of the androgen receptors will stop after some time on AA+ Estradiol ... but after 2 years I'm starting to lose hope, but I refuse to give up.
So ... what I want to say is ... ok it can work wonderful for a lot of guys but sometimes Fina/Duta/CPA/Bica ... do something to your body, that make your hair loss worse and after that there is nothing you can do to repair the damage. So just be careful, and keep it mind it could happen to you.
I was enthusiastic (after antidhtor post) but all of this was a big fail for me. And it's not just about hair loss ... I have now pain in my pelvic area, hips, arms, legs, eyes, ... and I'm sure its related to the upregulation. I cannot prove it, and tried a lot of drugs to alleviate the pain and give up because nothing worked.

Be careful, but don't be paranoid. I'm sure AA can work for 90% of men, but if you're sane guy and not a transgender, you shouldnt not considering at all those medications.
I really thought these drugs will always stop hair loss, but this doesnt seem the case.
Bicalutamide should put those receptors to sleep. How long you've been on oral bica?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score

If you're right then guys like us should taper off of Anti-androgens completely to prevent making thing worse. I had a few months of thickening, reduced itch, and less shed when first starting dutasteride. But quickly, it all started getting worse again and I am well below baseline from where I started. My body also slowly adjusted to the side effects. I still get sides, but less of them. My baseline Testosterone is also higher than before I started dutasteride (but this is probably expected in all people)

This sounds like hyperandrogenicity to me. I have bicalutamide ordered and plan to apply topically. Butt now I'm concerned adding it do my already dutasteride+RU regimen (that didn't even work) is just hair suicide. Still sucks because there doesn't seem to be anything else to do or try. I've tried EVERYTHING (dutasteride, ru, seti, sulfasalazine, minoxidil, and so much more)

Bicalutamide increases hormone levels by two to three folds. Stopping the drug is a death wish for your hair.

f*** this dutasteride/finasteride resistance hairloss

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really thought these drugs will always stop hair loss, but this doesnt seem the case.
Bicalutamide should put those receptors to sleep. How long you've been on oral bica?

I really don't remember... for some time I was taking Bicalutamide + Cyproterone (50mg +12.5mg), but I think it was at least 3 months.
I think Bicalutamide can work (alongside with Estradiol), but you cannot know if it will work after some years on it and if it will be harmful. It's safe for prostate cancer patients, but maybe not wise to take if you just want to save your hair.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand how could bica not work for itchy. It blocks all receptors. No matter how sensitive they are, bica will bind to these sites far more than the hormones, so even with reflex hyperandrogenicity, one could expect hair loss to be stopped, or at least slowed down.
Am I missing something?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're right then guys like us should taper off of Anti-androgens completely to prevent making thing worse. I had a few months of thickening, reduced itch, and less shed when first starting dutasteride. But quickly, it all started getting worse again and I am well below baseline from where I started. My body also slowly adjusted to the side effects. I still get sides, but less of them. My baseline Testosterone is also higher than before I started dutasteride (but this is probably expected in all people)

This sounds like hyperandrogenicity to me. I have bicalutamide ordered and plan to apply topically. Butt now I'm concerned adding it do my already dutasteride+RU regimen (that didn't even work) is just hair suicide. Still sucks because there doesn't seem to be anything else to do or try. I've tried EVERYTHING (dutasteride, ru, seti, sulfasalazine, minoxidil, and so much more)

f*** this dutasteride/finasteride resistance hairloss

Yeah maybe AA are safer when they used alongside with Estradiol ... without it your body try to adapt and make your androgen receptors more sensitive (for some guys), but with Estradiol your body just deal with this "new" hormone and your body can function normally in a "female" way (sorry for my english, it's hard for me to explain).
We are not taking candies, and we cannot pretend we know for sure what we are doing and what will happen to us in 10/20/30 years.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a period with no itch and it seemed like things stabilized a little. A week later the shedding ramped back up and I’m getting intermittent itch.

Also happened to me with dutasteride. First 1-2 months. Hair texture got better, itch died completely, lost only like 5 hairs in the shower. Then it quickly all came back, stronger. inflammation, shedding, hairfall all of it.

Yeah maybe AA are safer when they used alongside with Estradiol ... without it your body try to adapt and make your androgen receptors more sensitive (for some guys), but with Estradiol your body just deal with this "new" hormone and your body can function normally in a "female" way (sorry for my english, it's hard for me to explain).
We are not taking candies, and we cannot pretend we know for sure what we are doing and what will happen to us in 10/20/30 years.

Why would taking estradiol along with bicalutamide prevent reflex hyperandrogenicity?

I'm willing to try toical bicalutamide, but injecting estradiol is too much for me. I'm not trying to feminize. Just want to get my hair back.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also happened to me with dutasteride. First 1-2 months. Hair texture got better, itch died completely, lost only like 5 hairs in the shower. Then it quickly all came back, stronger. inflammation, shedding, hairfall all of it.

Why would taking estradiol along with bicalutamide prevent reflex hyperandrogenicity?

I'm willing to try toical bicalutamide, but injecting estradiol is too much for me. I'm not trying to feminize. Just want to get my hair back.

I really don't know ... that's the problem, I really dont know what to do anymore. I'm taking Estradiol (now with Lupron) because its not healthy to have no sex hormones), and maybe after some time my body will 'accept' my new profil hormones and stop being so sensitive to androgen and maybe my hair loss will stop and my hair will grow back. I cannot stop because I just refuse to give up. that's the only thing I cannot give up.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men with resistant prostate cancer use something stronger than just bicalutamide, something that can counteract for some time the upregulation of the androgen receptors. I think it's the same for some guys who are still losing hair with hardcore regimens ... their androgen receptors are so sensitive that bicalutamide or dutasteride or cpa ... are not strong enough to stop AR from reacting to androgens.
People not responding to these extreme regimen must be very rare.
It really sucks big time being one of them. I cant imagine what I would do in your place. Maybe physical castration :(

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't know ... that's the problem, I really dont know what to do anymore. I'm taking Estradiol (now with Lupron) because its not healthy to have no sex hormones), and maybe after some time my body will 'accept' my new profil hormones and stop being so sensitive to androgen and maybe my hair loss will stop and my hair will grow back. I cannot stop because I just refuse to give up. that's the only thing I cannot give up.

Good luck man. Keep us posted. I've already paid for bicalutamide so its on the way. Not even sure if I will take it anymore but I'll report back too. Those of use who don't respond to dutasteride/finasteride def have it rough. no options out there.