List Of Strongest To Weakest Antiandrogens

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really killed my expectations here. I had the thought that bica is the "cure".
Back to depression now :(

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People not responding to these extreme regimen must be very rare.
It really sucks big time being one of them. I cant imagine what I would do in your place. Maybe physical castration :(

Yeah I want to do it. I cannot reproduce so it doesn't matter (balls not working because of surgery, and I'm a genetic defect) so let's remove them.
Maybe Bica can be a cure for you, but I really don't think that's a safe cure in a long term run, better to use high dose estradiol (under doctors supervision), or normal dose estradiol + Lupron.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@itchymadscalp whats your hairloss like now ? Any pictures ? Just because you haven't responded to drugs doesn't mean your receptors have unregulated. Regulation of AR and ER happens very marginally and works both ways - after all if they regulated to greater extremes then post drug care for cancer patients would just not work and result them in getting Cancer again.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@itchymadscalp whats your hairloss like now ? Any pictures ? Just because you haven't responded to drugs doesn't mean your receptors have unregulated. Regulation of AR and ER happens very marginally and works both ways - after all if they regulated to greater extremes then post drug care for cancer patients would just not work and result them in getting Cancer again.
I have read that Bica stops working eventually for cancer partients. But it works at least for 6 years (the study went on for 6 years). So I dont know how it didnt work for itchy. Maybe it doesnt have an effect for him, just like how finasteride doesnt lower DHT levels for some people. And even talking about receptor upregulation, Bica would easily block all the upregulated receptors. Add to that the receptors of the hair follicles dont mutate or morph at all, so in theory and logic Bica is the cure.
These two point are why I find the case of itchy very interesting and contradictory. Anything can happen apparently.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that Bica stops working eventually for cancer partients. But it works at least for 6 years (the study went on for 6 years). So I dont know how it didnt work for itchy. Maybe it doesnt have an effect for him, just like how finasteride doesnt lower DHT levels for some people. And even talking about receptor upregulation, Bica would easily block all the upregulated receptors. Add to that the receptors of the hair follicles dont mutate or morph at all, so in theory and logic Bica is the cure.
These two point are why I find the case of itchy very interesting and contradictory. Anything can happen apparently.

You have to remember Cancer is a completely different thing all together. Cancer causes genetic mutations in the AR which essentially prevent the drugs from binding properly which is why the medical community are constantly trying to find AA's which have the greatest binding affinity - i.e. Daro and Enza. Back to regulation we also know that if regulation in healthy individuals occurred then very quickly 5ar inhibitors (finasteride and dutasteride) would stop working.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find likes and dislikes trivial. I would like to see his journey on this controversial drug. Maybe mods can give him a chance.

I don’t think that was the legitimate reason, however... That is a rumoured reason, which people are assuming, but there could be other reasons. He gets unbanned later this month.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ein Are you on topical or oral bicalutamide? If oral, I'm surprised you haven't had more sides than gyno. Are you doing a transition or anything?

I've got bica coming, going to try topical as 2+ years of dutasteride+RU haven't slowed down my loss

Hemingway used topical bicalutamide (in which there is a thread he created), he still managed to get gynecomastia though...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost 70% of my hair (top and around the ears) after I started Cypro, then later Bica, spironolactone ... and its still going on (I'm on Lupron now). Nothing works, I think because of upregulation of androgen receptors (Post Finasteride Syndrome). I had no sex drive for 10 years on Dutasteride (I stopped it was the same). My testosterone was high, but it was like it was not doing anything to me (hair loss stopped, no sex drive, no hair body, feminine face, no oily skin ...). Because my androgen receptors are so sensitive they stop to work normally.
When I started Cyproterone my testosterone was low ... but it was like my testosterone was high (androgen receptors were not overflowed by androgens, so they didnt shut down), my hair loss came back (even if I was still taking Dutasteride), itchy scalp, libido, oily skin, muscles, ...
It's very complicated to explain, and I look like a fool when I try to clear up my issue. But I'm sure I'm right. So now I'm expecting the upregulation of the androgen receptors will stop after some time on AA+ Estradiol ... but after 2 years I'm starting to lose hope, but I refuse to give up.
So ... what I want to say is ... ok it can work wonderful for a lot of guys but sometimes Fina/Duta/CPA/Bica ... do something to your body, that make your hair loss worse and after that there is nothing you can do to repair the damage. So just be careful, and keep it mind it could happen to you.
I was enthusiastic (after antidhtor post) but all of this was a big fail for me. And it's not just about hair loss ... I have now pain in my pelvic area, hips, arms, legs, eyes, ... and I'm sure its related to the upregulation. I cannot prove it, and tried a lot of drugs to alleviate the pain and give up because nothing worked.

Be careful, but don't be paranoid. I'm sure AA can work for 90% of men, but if you're sane guy and not a transgender, you shouldnt not considering at all those medications.

I thought you have hyperandrogenicity because you attempted to switch from strong anti-androgens to dutasteride (because you got into a relationship or something)...?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I want to do it. I cannot reproduce so it doesn't matter (balls not working because of surgery, and I'm a genetic defect) so let's remove them.
Maybe Bica can be a cure for you, but I really don't think that's a safe cure in a long term run, better to use high dose estradiol (under doctors supervision), or normal dose estradiol + Lupron.

Bicalutamide is alright for long-term use, assuming from it’s safety profile. It’s a medication which has been out for years, and there haven’t been any published negative effects when it comes to long-term use. There isn’t any proof suggesting it isn’t safe for long-term use beside assumptions. You shouldn’t exactly promote high-dose estradiol as a ‘safe cure’; that has long-term risks such as blood clots, breast cancer...

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

We do not have prostate cancer. Please do not base your research on prostate cancer patients.

Nonetheless, it didn’t work for Itchy because he attempted to switch from strong anti-androgens to dutasteride, in which could have lead to his hyperandrogenicity. His sensitivity to androgens is seemingly self-inflicted. Although, we can’t be certain until he uploads image of his hair... We just have to take his word on the situation.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We do not have prostate cancer. Please do not base your research on prostate cancer patients.

Nonetheless, it didn’t work for Itchy because he attempted to switch from strong anti-androgens to dutasteride, in which could have lead to his hyperandrogenicity. His sensitivity to androgens is seemingly self-inflicted. Although, we can’t be certain until he uploads image of his hair... We just have to take his word on the situation.
Ikarus my man! back at killing my depression haha. I am on vacation and I cant stop checking out other peoples' hairlines.
I just want to ask something: my hair is long: 18-20 cm, most of the shed hair from the top are thick at the root and becomes progressively thinner towards the root. Half the strand is thick, the other half is thinner. As opposite to the hair shed from the back, where most are uniformely the same thickness all along the strand. Does this indicate miniaturization?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Excellent point you have here: we are not cancer patients, but I thought it would be somewhat informative and gives some hope that even cancer patients took bica for a long period of time without any sexual side effects.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikarus my man! back at killing my depression haha. I am on vacation and I cant stop checking out other peoples' hairlines.
I just want to ask something: my hair is long: 18-20 cm, most of the shed hair from the top are thick at the root and becomes progressively thinner towards the root. Half the strand is thick, the other half is thinner. As opposite to the hair shed from the back, where most are uniformely the same thickness all along the strand. Does this indicate miniaturization?

Itchy has self-inflicted hyperandrogenicity, and he is seemingly missing that part out of his story to create a narrative. I don't mean to be rude about him, but it's greatly irritating with how he's leaving such an important factor out. Along with that, hyperandrogenicity is greatly rare.

I have seen the images of your hair, and your hair is great; although it does lack slight density. Although, that can greatly depend on your race. That could mean miniaturisation, although I am not entirely sure...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent point you have here: we are not cancer patients, but I thought it would be somewhat informative and gives some hope that even cancer patients took bica for a long period of time without any sexual side effects.

We can use the experiences of cancer patients for some aspects, such as learning how bicalutamide works. Otherwise, using information from cancer patients can lead to confusion. My only issue with bicalutamide is that it has to be used consistently and you can't stop using it. If you are certain you are not going to stop the use of it, or are going to pair it along with estrogen, then it's fine.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itchy has self-inflicted hyperandrogenicity, and he is seemingly missing that part out of his story to create a narrative. I don't mean to be rude about him, but it's greatly irritating with how he's leaving such an important factor out. Along with that, hyperandrogenicity is greatly rare.

I have seen the images of your hair, and your hair is great; although it does lack slight density. Although, that can greatly depend on your race. That could mean miniaturisation, although I am not entirely sure...
So itchy doesnt seem to recognize his fault? I knew one could not have adverse effects on hair while on bica, it just doesnt make any sense, and there is no theory that supports his case.
My hair is lacking decent density at the top, but it could have been the same since I was born. Only time will tell.
At any sign of worsening, I am hopping on finasteride 1 mg and bicalutamide 100 mg.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So itchy doesnt seem to recognize his fault? I knew one could not have adverse effects on hair while on bica, it just doesnt make any sense, and there is no theory that supports his case.
My hair is lacking decent density at the top, but it could have been the same since I was born. Only time will tell.
At any sign of worsening, I am hopping on finasteride 1 mg and bicalutamide 100 mg.

Itchy does recognise his fault, but he is evidently fearmongering. His situation is rare, and self-inflicted.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Narrative... That's exactly what many people are doing here. Those having pretty slow hair loss in typical male pattern baldness pattern do not seem to understand plights of diffuse thinners. For those who have rare case come every now and then and try to discourage people. Some people just don't get that if sth happened to them doesn't mean it would happen to others; more so when it is rare.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s some reasons floating around, such as himself creating fake accounts to mass like his own posts and mass dislike others posts. I am guessing they connected the IP addresses together.
Can he simply download bluestack or any other android emulator and be done with the ban? I'm not sure it would work though.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can he simply download bluestack or any other android emulator and be done with the ban? I'm not sure it would work though.

I’m not sure, although I am certain that if he tries to surpass the ban, he could be permanently banned.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could stop the use of bicalutamide if you were using it with estradiol, since that will aid in lessening the amount of androgens which are brewing (since bicalutamide increases the amount). That’s why I don’t recommend bicalutamide unless you are actually going to stay on it permanently or going to use it with estradiol.

Bicalutamide increases hormone levels by two to three folds. Stopping the drug is a death wish for your hair.

Damn, so does this kind of thing apply to Daro too?

I was hoping to use Daro to hopefully regrow hair for maybe a year max and then hop back onto CB for maintenance of any gains.

I think I am a very, very strong responder to AAs.

I have been using less than half of the lowest amount of CB used in the trials and have had complete halting of hairloss + slight thickening, so I imagine Daro could do much, much more for me.

I have been going back over IdealForehead's posts and he like me too had no result from finasteride, but used Daro and pretty much regrew all his hair with it, but the infertility side effects scare me and I would probably not be prepared to use it if it had to be interminable use and not just one year.

What you guys think?

PS: Sorry for derail.