List Of Strongest To Weakest Antiandrogens

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, so does this kind of thing apply to Daro too?

I was hoping to use Daro to hopefully regrow hair for maybe a year max and then hop back onto CB for maintenance of any gains.

I think I am a very, very strong responder to AAs.

I have been using less than half of the lowest amount of CB used in the trials and have had complete halting of hairloss + slight thickening, so I imagine Daro could do much, much more for me.

I have been going back over IdealForehead's posts and he like me too had no result from finasteride, but used Daro and pretty much regrew all his hair with it, but the infertility side effects scare me and I would probably not be prepared to use it if it had to be interminable use and not just one year.

What you guys think?

PS: Sorry for derail.
I dont really know much about darolutamide. If I remember correctly it is more powerful than bicalutamide, but much more expensive and harder to find. If CB halted your hair loss and regrew a bit, I wouldnt approach any additional regimen. Unless you want more regrowth, add minoxidil if you havent already.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont really know much about darolutamide. If I remember correctly it is more powerful than bicalutamide, but much more expensive and harder to find. If CB halted your hair loss and regrew a bit, I wouldnt approach any additional regimen. Unless you want more regrowth, add minoxidil if you havent already.

It was only thickening of hairs on my scalp that were still there but almost gone.

I don't think it really "regrew" anything.

Problem is I'm closer to 'bald' than 'full-head of hair' but have an okay hairline so am pretty keen to regrow hair, but minoxidil side effects are a big turn off because I am obsessed with anti-aging.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was only thickening of hairs on my scalp that were still there but almost gone.

I don't think it really "regrew" anything.

Problem is I'm closer to 'bald' than 'full-head of hair' but have an okay hairline so am pretty keen to regrow hair, but minoxidil side effects are a big turn off because I am obsessed with anti-aging.
I poured 2.2 ml of minoxidil twice a day for 5 months, and I am still 17 ;) . minoxidil sides are rare. But they do happen: my dad used minoxidil for a while, then out of nowhere he got a allergic reaction with a very swollen face.
What I am trying to say here, everything is a risk and reward gamble. You have to choose.

If you want real regrowth, without minoxidil, opt for estrogen. But this is extreme, look into it anyways.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, so does this kind of thing apply to Daro too?

I was hoping to use Daro to hopefully regrow hair for maybe a year max and then hop back onto CB for maintenance of any gains.

I think I am a very, very strong responder to AAs.

I have been using less than half of the lowest amount of CB used in the trials and have had complete halting of hairloss + slight thickening, so I imagine Daro could do much, much more for me.

I have been going back over IdealForehead's posts and he like me too had no result from finasteride, but used Daro and pretty much regrew all his hair with it, but the infertility side effects scare me and I would probably not be prepared to use it if it had to be interminable use and not just one year.

What you guys think?

PS: Sorry for derail.
how much does cb cost you per month?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have Spirolactone cream, Bica liquid, So you can just go topical.
Advantage product goes to scalp, not into bloodstream. I have tried this . Truth is it’s still not strong enough. I still use them though, because science is there.
It depends on your particular case whether one still needs more help. For me, my hair is fine in front & susceptible to DHT, so I use Hair Restoration shampoo/conditioner again for science.
Every night I saturate scalp with either Rosemary oil, Safflower Oil, & recently Sandalore oil. I believe last 3 oils really help. I hope this saves you some trial & error time

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Bicalutamide Better and Safer than Spironolactone? I am Norwood 1, but I can see that baldness is progressing despite taking Finasteride. It is unlikely that connecting Dutasteride will help me, the difference is small. So I choose between spironolactone and Bica
give it more time and chill a bit

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
give it more time and chill a bit
I think that finasteride didn't save me from my Androgenetic Alopecia progression is a bad sign. Therefore, I think it is wise to drink dutasteride. It is more efficient. I'll be sure to do my best. Avodart is expensive, so I will use it 3 times a week, and on other days finasteride

IMHO If baldness started in youth, it is better to jump on dutasteride. This increases the chances of keeping. Finasteride will only slow down the loss. And when the hair is thinning, it will be too late to use Dout, because it will preserve rather than grow back. I don't want to use minoxidil

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long you've been on finasteride?

Some respond better to finasteride than duta. Early balding will be "aggressive", most of the time; finasteride can still save your hair given enough time.
If your hair is fucked up, you would need serious regrowth. minoxidil can give you that, but at a very low chance. Also, almost all AAs are for maintenance. Regrowth depends if you are more sensitive to the slight increase of E.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long you've been on finasteride?

Some respond better to finasteride than duta. Early balding will be "aggressive", most of the time; finasteride can still save your hair given enough time.
If your hair is fucked up, you would need serious regrowth. minoxidil can give you that, but at a very low chance. Also, almost all AAs are for maintenance. Regrowth depends if you are more sensitive to the slight increase of E.
I thought so too, until I saw that my temple was thinning from finasteride. I think this suggests that finasteride cannot stop the progression. When I started taking finasteride, I was confident that he would keep my hair. It was sad to see worsening after 2 months of taking. I was ready for the molt, which is still ongoing, although it was not before the reception. However, hair miniaturization is a worrying sign
I accept it for 3 months. I originally wanted to wait 9-12 months before changing the regimen, but this deterioration started to change my mind

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia progresses with age, sooner or later you will still have to connect dutasteride. I think it's better to do it ahead of time than wait for finasteride to stop doing it. This applies to people with Androgenetic Alopecia at a young age. Because maybe when deterioration occurs, you only save, not restore the loss. Therefore, it is better to do everything possible to prevent damage.

I just read this thread. The fact that Bicalutamide is guaranteed to stop baldness is very tempting. Moreover, it has only one side effect: gynecomastia. I could sit on it and keep Norwood 0 for the rest of my life! Moreover, my damaged hair could recover, increase its thickness, I could have the hair that I had at 15 years old.
The point is that when I lose my hair density, Bicalutamide will only preserve it, not restore it. This is the reason why I see the point in starting the strongest treatment as early as possible, rather than waiting for it to get worse. That is why I think that you should use dutasteride right away, and not use the half-measure finasteride. Better to maintain Norwood 0 than degrade to Norwood 2 and maintain it, right?
Discourage me from this at a young age. However, is this still a good fallback for the future? Sooner or later, finasteride and Duth will stop helping us all. And we will need to either shave baldly, or use something stronger. I do not want to shave baldly

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was sad to see worsening after 2 months of taking.
2 months is nothing. finasteride may stop your hair loss at the one year mark. You never know. Changing treatments and drugs without giving them enough time to work will certainly not save your hair.
I suggest you stick to finasteride and see what happens. Yes, you may resort to duta down the road. But if you start now duta, you'll rid yourself of that option.

Still, you are free to start with whatever you want, but rest assured, changing drugs every couple of months will result in nothing but failure.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the reason why I see the point in starting the strongest treatment as early as possible, rather than waiting for it to get worse.
From the point of simply saving your hair, bica is far better. However, it has some side effects that I dont think you're ready to endure, especially at this age. Believe me, I used to think the same.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months is nothing. finasteride may stop your hair loss at the one year mark. You never know. Changing treatments and drugs without giving them enough time to work will certainly not save your hair.
I suggest you stick to finasteride and see what happens. Yes, you may resort to duta down the road. But if you start now duta, you'll rid yourself of that option.

Still, you are free to start with whatever you want, but rest assured, changing drugs every couple of months will result in nothing but failure.
Finasteride lowers DHT in the scalp, probably almost immediately. Therefore, from the moment you started taking it, you should not have any worsening. There may be hair cycle changes and shedding, this is normal on finasteride, but not miniaturization. Note the orange arrow. The photo does not convey the situation, but my hair has become thinner. And the area of damaged hair has increased. This suggests that in my case, finasteride does not stop progression. A month was enough to bring down the DHT in the scalp. Why then did follicles continue to miniaturize? So this is not enough

Attachments

• 15964395245941.jpg
    15964395245941.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20201213_213842.jpg
    IMG_20201213_213842.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 176

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the point of simply saving your hair, bica is far better. However, it has some side effects that I dont think you're ready to endure, especially at this age. Believe me, I used to think the same.
Hair loss is very scary for me. I don't see anything worse than this. Probably only a fatal disease; a disease leading to disability; gender reassignment and complete feminization. Bicalutamide will not do any of the above unless doses higher than 50mg are used. I will try to keep NW0 until 25-30 years old, but when Duta stops working, Biсa will be the final remedy. Sooner or later, Duta and finasteride will stop helping all of us. What then will you do? Shave baldly? I don't want to shave baldly. Transfer? I don’t have enough donor area

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think hair loss works like that. When you lower DHT, your hair loss does not simply stop immediately. This can explain why many members here experience hair loss until a certain point on finasteride, then stabilize from there onwards.
But this is only speculation, I am not certain. I hope you're wrong though because I've lost some ground (minor worsening) while on finasteride.

I dont think anyone will be able to make you change your mind, I was once in your position. Whatever you do, give it enough time.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think hair loss works like that. When you lower DHT, your hair loss does not simply stop immediately. This can explain why many members here experience hair loss until a certain point on finasteride, then stabilize from there onwards.
But this is only speculation, I am not certain. I hope you're wrong though because I've lost some ground (minor worsening) while on finasteride.

I dont think anyone will be able to make you change your mind, I was once in your position. Whatever you do, give it enough time.
I wish I was wrong, but one should distinguish between hair loss and miniaturization. Miniaturization is the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia, hair loss may simply be a change in hair cycles that was triggered by Finasteride

I believe that if baldness began at a young age, especially at the age of 16-20, you should immediately use Dutasteride. Finasteride is too weak for early hair loss. I talked with many people whose baldness began at the age of 18-20. Despite taking finasteride, they are all Norwood 3 by the age of 30. Now they have moved to dutasteride, but because he does not grow, but supports, it is too late. Therefore, it is better to do it in advance.

The earlier baldness began, the worse the prognosis. Research backs this up, and it's obvious because you have more time to progress. You have receptor sensitivity at the boomer level of 30+ years, even though you are only 18. What will happen to you when you are 30? I'm afraid to think about it ... Finasteride will only slow down the process. You don't know what would have happened if you hadn't drank it at all: maybe you would have progressed in the same way if you hadn't done anything? Unless you have regrowth and obvious improvement in hair, there is no way you can tell if it works at all.
In short, I am constantly convinced over and over again to start dutasteride right away. Our situation is too bad to drink weak Finasteride. I would think about Bica, but I have no money for it. I can only allow dutasteride 3 times a week. But when I start earning more, I will definitely go to every day and connect Bica while I have something to save
I will give Dutasteride a year, but for now I will do my studies and other important things, despite my hair. If Duta doesn't help, I'm afraid that I will have to go to extreme measures.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no evidence that finasteride causes a change in hair follicle cycles. Miniturization is hair loss, but hair loss is not always miniaturization (aka not androgenic). Given 95% of all hair loss cases are androgenic, distinguishing between them is unnecessary most of the time.

I dont think my "hair loss" is caused by finasteride. We'll see though.

You can start duta now, but know that finasteride has a chance of saving your hair even if hair loss hits you early, given you've started early enough and being consistent. And know that you're ridding yourself of the chance of having duta as plan B if things go south.