let me tell you guys alil secret...

G

s.a.f said:
JayMan said:
fortunately my hair has never hurt me with women or getting sex and i don;t suspect that it ever will.

You're like a nw1.5 with slight diffuse though, what if you were a nw4/5/6 or 7 Jay?

BTW if we're being honest what MichaelBarry posted above is true.

saf, yes, if i was nw4/5/6/7 i know that i would not be able to get women that are as good looking anymore. i have a decent looking face so i would be better off than a lot of guys if i did bald, but obviously guys with more hair have an advantage. i was not disputing that. it does bother me though when i see guys like taug bitching about their lack of success with women when he's like nw2diffuse. it's ridiculous. even if his face is only average(he claims it's below average), there are plenty of average looking guys getting women.

and i am making plans to be a solid nw1 again with a hairline a quarter inch lower than i had even in childhood. we will see where minoxidil gets me but 2500-3000 grafts should give me very nice hair.

G

That´s bullshit. I never blamed my lack of success with women on my hairloss. It is my ugliness combined with my lack of social skills.

G

Taugenichts said:
That´s bullshit. I never blamed my lack of success with women on my hairloss. It is my ugliness combined with my lack of social skills.

re-read my post. i never said you blamed your hair loss for lack of success with women. i said look at taug, he's bitching about his lack of success with women and he's nw2 diffuse. i was basically saying that you have it a lot better than a lot of guys on here and even if your face is only "average" looking, there are a lot of average guys out there who manage to get women. your problem, is that like ccs, you are vain and a bit of an ***(no offense intended, i'm one too, but you're not the kind that women like), and that you won't "settle" for a woman that you believe is less physically attractive than you deserve or something like that. you said you have a lack of social skills. if this is really the case then having some casual sex with women who you view as below your league might help you develop some confidence and social skills. but who am i kidding in giving you this advice, you'll never take it . instead you'll just make another post on HairLossTalk.com talking about how your life sucks and you're a virgin instead of taking some initiative.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:
and i am making plans to be a solid nw1 again with a hairline a quarter inch lower than i had even in childhood. we will see where minoxidil gets me but 2500-3000 grafts should give me very nice hair.

This is a joke right? :eek:

G

s.a.f said:
JayMan said:

This is a joke right? :eek:

no. you only live once. i'm going to give avodart a solid 2-3 years at least to prove that i am at least maintaining my hair. if i am, i see no reason to not proceed with a 2500 or 3000 graft transplant to give me my solid juvenile hairline back with temple closure, like brad pitt's, only lower, since my center is lower than his now anyway. no one on here can give me a good reason to not get a juvenile hairline except for donor concerns. i do not buy the argument that they look ridiculous on older men. i see a few men around my city each week that have medium-low hairlines with little or no recession and i don't view them as cavemen. i don't want a super low one but i see nothing wrong with one that is straight and is 2.3 inches to 2.5 inches above my eyebrows. straight across, where that white line is. so actually not lower than what i had in childhood, because my childhood hairline was never low, but i want my temples back.

jaymantj7.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you can maintain what you have now by the time you reach 30 your hair will be better than nearly all your peers and you wont give a sh*t about those few mm's of recession is it realy worth paying thousands and getting a strip cut from your head for that tiny amount.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
How many of us would be interested in a woman who was going bald, front to back? Yup, very very few.

How silly. First, women with shaved heads are hot. :) Second, balding is a masculine trait so of course most people wouldn't be attracted to it on a woman. Men look for reproductive indicators, while women look for survival indicators. Full hair on a woman is a reproductive indicator of health, but not on a man. Confident men are attractive, because confidence is a result of success which means that guy is more likely to have the capability of ensuring her survival. Baldness has nothing to do with any of that. A lot of you use baldness as a justification to feel miserable and lonely, but you don't need to feel that way.

Baldness, like acne, psoriasis, big pores, thin hair, scrawny bodies, propensity to obesity, bad teeth, stuck-out ears, small genitalia, body odor, is NOT A FAVORABLE TRAIT.

Baldness has nothing to do with any of those things you listed. You're just lumping it in with a bunch of negatives.

You can indeed compensate by being trim and fit and having a nice face, and using skin care prodcuts so you have good skin, and you can dress tastefully, be economically successful and have a nice car.........................................but it still is not a "favored" trait.

Yes, it is. All men thin to some degree during adulthood as a sign of biological maturity. It happens with primates.

There are some women out there who absolutely wont date a balding man.

And there are some men who absolutely won't date redheads. So what?

Ive seen some ads in the personals from really hot chicks that explicity said they did NOT want a man with any kind of male pattern baldness and wanted a man with a full head of hair. They actually stated that. So some women view it as a dealbreaker, alot of others dont.

And I've seen really hot chicks walking arm in arm with a bald man. So what?

Its as if you met a chick with a face you liked, but she was prone to obesity or had bad teeth that were yellow and unstraight. Those teeth might piss you off so much, you elect to go out with a chick with a lesser face and bod, but perfect teeth.

Again, baldness has nothing to do with that. It's a totally natural male process.

JayMan said:
lol @dna and unstoppable

100% unstoppable. You will lose hair regardless of treatments.

s.a.f

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
women with shaved heads are hot.

Lets take a vote on that. Any guys out there who prefer women with shaved heads?.... :x

blondeguy said:
Men look for reproductive indicators, while women look for survival indicators. Full hair on a woman is a reproductive indicator of health, but not on a man. Confident men are attractive, because confidence is a result of success which means that guy is more likely to have the capability of ensuring her survival. Baldness has nothing to do with any of that.

Not strictly true the samson theory definatly does exist in society. Women look firstly for healthy males who can offer the best genetics for healthy offspring and baldness is associated (even if only subconciosly) with old age and failing health. Hair is always associated with youth/health and virility.

JayMan said:
lol @dna and unstoppable
blondeguy said:

Yes you cant change genetics but I've seen many examples of them being suppressed with drugs.

bubka

Reaction score
blondeguy: thats a lot of wishful thinking and i admire the positive attitude, but you are deluding yourself a bit, not that anyone should not do that to help with confidence as you mentioned

bottom line: most women like men with hair, most women would not want to bring home a shaved head home for mom and dad and her friends to see

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

The distributor of all the current treatment options indicate that these products MAY not work. I personally believe people sometimes go over board by throwing the kitchen sink at their hairloss and this inevitably leads to obsessive behavior and a depleted bank account. However, taking a pill a day and dropping some minoxidil on your head takes very little time and in some people (like me) can drastically slow down or halt their hairloss. It is up to the individual to seek their own reality on treatments and their their hairloss and it is irresponsible for others to tell how how THEY SHOULD FEEL about their hairloss!
If given the chance would a woman choose a man with full perfect hair, I suppose, but at the same time wouldn't every man (if given the choice) prefer a woman with perfect breasts, teeth, legs and hair. My point, we all have flaws so stop being so hard on yourself just because you have a genetic condition that you cannot control. Most men don't expect their partners to be perfect, so stop thinking that most women expect their partner to be perfect. I will also add that women care far less about looks then men think. Personality, career, sense of humor and ability to love are far more important to women.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Lets take a vote on that. Any guys out there who prefer women with shaved heads?.... :x

I wouldn't say prefer, but can be so hot on some girls.

Pondle

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Baldness, like acne, psoriasis, big pores, thin hair, scrawny bodies, propensity to obesity, bad teeth, stuck-out ears, small genitalia, body odor, is NOT A FAVORABLE TRAIT.

Baldness has nothing to do with any of those things you listed. You're just lumping it in with a bunch of negatives.

But it is a negative, to use the economists' turn of phrase, "all other things being equal".

[quote:8d8fe]You can indeed compensate by being trim and fit and having a nice face, and using skin care prodcuts so you have good skin, and you can dress tastefully, be economically successful and have a nice car.........................................but it still is not a "favored" trait.

Yes, it is. All men thin to some degree during adulthood as a sign of biological maturity. It happens with primates.[/quote:8d8fe]

I'm not sure if we really know why balding occurs. It happens to different degrees in different ethnic groups. I think it's a huge leap of the imagination to call it a favoured trait! :eek:

JayMan said:
lol @dna and unstoppable

Can you prove that? The Propecia data only goes out to 5 years. We have no idea how long it will keep a responder above baseline. If you get a hair transplant you can permanently solve your baldness problem.

G

blondeguy said:

sure, but every guy, even guys without male pattern baldness, lose hairs throughout their lifetime. hair thins as it gets older. that's what will happen with me. but i won't have a horseshoe at age 35-40 as my genetics planned for me, not even at age 50 or 60. i will have a very slow steady decrease in hair until i'm NW3 at maybe age 70. but either way, blondeguy, i'm young, only age 22, and by the time my hair loss gets super noticeable if it ever does, and that's a big if, hair cloning and other stuff WILL be out. You guys can keep saying that it will never come out but it is a virtual certainty that it OR something that at least stops hair loss period WILL come out sometime in the next 15-20 years. I will have no problem maintaining until then. Propecia has only been out for 10 years and minoxidil for ~20-25. Avodart for only 5.

Pondle

Reaction score
I have a book here by BT's futurologist, Ian Pearson (for those that don't know, BT is a big telecoms company - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Group). It predicts all kinds of hi-tech yet plausible health technologies and treatments like nanomachines etc becoming available by 2020. While nothing is guaranteed, you have to admit that human technology has advanced dramatically: from the first flight to reaching the moon in around 60 years! In the next 60 years we will see nanotechnology and biotechnology making impacts on our life that might seem like magic to us but will be quite normal to our children's children. In that context it's hard to imagine male pattern baldness still figuring amongst the more affluent citizens of the developed world in, say, 2030. In fact progress against male pattern baldness has been pretty good over the last few years. As JayMan says we've only had Rogaine since 88, Propecia since late 97, Avodart since 2002 and still not licensed for hair loss. There is undoubtedly more and better to come.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Pshhhhhhh.

The thing is, and its simple as this.

If your good looking, and I mean good looking, not good looking from what your mum or your sister says, youl be good looking with a shaved head.

The simple fact is, average,ugly people take the piss about shaving your head, this is for obvious reasons...Because there just regualer, like 70 percent of guys on this site.
I have always shaved my head, to me I feel more masculine.(to be honest hair is for women and little girls, thats it).Now Im not gonna be a guy like blondeguy who gives advice out willy nilly, , hell cos I dont no it, and I no for a fact he doesnt niether,perhaps his certanty in shaving is a little fake? (f*** knows,sorry if im fighting above your waste)Fact is though, your either handsome with hair or not.Hair doesnt mean f*** all
The thing that pisses me off really bad about this site, is the common sense that shaving your head means you become less than attractive.The only people that type like this are ugly fuckos anyway(sorry but its true), and this can have an adverse affect on others.

Fact is boys, if you cant pull off shaving your head, your not handsome.DEAL WITH IT!.
Dont f*****g try and tar everyone with your f***-ups by saying shaved heads/bald heads are ugly, dam chaps, its just you.Your ugly period!

Good evening.

I got laid tonight!,

Bald dave! cheers mate! (its weird, but cheers!)