let me tell you guys alil secret...

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:
100% unstoppable. You will lose hair regardless of treatments.

sure, but every guy, even guys without male pattern baldness, lose hairs throughout their lifetime. hair thins as it gets older. that's what will happen with me. but i won't have a horseshoe at age 35-40 as my genetics planned for me, not even at age 50 or 60. i will have a very slow steady decrease in hair until i'm NW3 at maybe age 70. but either way, blondeguy, i'm young, only age 22, and by the time my hair loss gets super noticeable if it ever does, and that's a big if, hair cloning and other stuff WILL be out. You guys can keep saying that it will never come out but it is a virtual certainty that it OR something that at least stops hair loss period WILL come out sometime in the next 15-20 years. I will have no problem maintaining until then. Propecia has only been out for 10 years and minoxidil for ~20-25. Avodart for only 5.
Jay-
be careful not to give your hopes up.. I know kids who i went to high school with who started on propecia and now 8 years later are pretty much bald or very thin.

If hairloss is agressive, which hopefully yours isnt....medications arent going to hold onto it for 40 straight years, but hopefully you can be an exception

G

JayB said:
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:

sure, but every guy, even guys without male pattern baldness, lose hairs throughout their lifetime. hair thins as it gets older. that's what will happen with me. but i won't have a horseshoe at age 35-40 as my genetics planned for me, not even at age 50 or 60. i will have a very slow steady decrease in hair until i'm NW3 at maybe age 70. but either way, blondeguy, i'm young, only age 22, and by the time my hair loss gets super noticeable if it ever does, and that's a big if, hair cloning and other stuff WILL be out. You guys can keep saying that it will never come out but it is a virtual certainty that it OR something that at least stops hair loss period WILL come out sometime in the next 15-20 years. I will have no problem maintaining until then. Propecia has only been out for 10 years and minoxidil for ~20-25. Avodart for only 5.
Jay-
be careful not to give your hopes up.. I know kids who i went to high school with who started on propecia and now 8 years later are pretty much bald or very thin.

If hairloss is agressive, which hopefully yours isnt....medications arent going to hold onto it for 40 straight years, but hopefully you can be an exception

i disagree jayb. i would like to see pictures of these kids who had full heads of hair, were on propecia for 8 straight years, and are have very thin hair or are bald. if this did happen though, chances are they should have been on avodart which would have stopped their aggressive loss in its tracks most likely.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayB said:
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:

Jay-

i disagree jayb. i would like to see pictures of these kids who had full heads of hair, were on propecia for 8 straight years, and are have very thin hair or are bald. if this did happen though, chances are they should have been on avodart which would have stopped their aggressive loss in its tracks most likely.

why do you need pics...jayb is not gonna lie about it!!!

o yah...i know a kid who's been on it for 4 years...it did a fine job of maintaining but he DEFINITELY started to lose it again this year..

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
JayB said:
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:

Jay-

o yah...i know a kid who's been on it for 4 years...it did a fine job of maintaining but he DEFINITELY started to lose it again this year..[/quote

htgt, damnit, stop accusing me of calling people liars everytime i question the authenticity of a claim. i never said jayb was lying. i just said i'd like to see pictures aand then i said they prob wouldnt have balded had they been on avodart

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
JayB said:
JayMan said:
[quote="blondeguy":7b97d]

Jay-

o yah...i know a kid who's been on it for 4 years...it did a fine job of maintaining but he DEFINITELY started to lose it again this year..[/quote

htgt, damnit, stop accusing me of calling people liars everytime i question the authenticity of a claim. i never said jayb was lying. i just said i'd like to see pictures aand then i said they prob wouldnt have balded had they been on avodart
[/quote:7b97d]

cuz you dont need pics...jayb's word is good enough....like he has pics of dudes from his HS 8 years ago and now?! c'mon man.

michael barry

Reaction score
Jayman,

What SAF told you is something worth considering. If you hold onto what you have, in 10 years, your hair will be considered better than the norm, as the men around you will be starting to receed.

I'd wait for results in the HM trials before I'd even consider a transplant if I were you. It can be your "insurance" against dutasteride losing its effect for some unforseen reason. Nobody I know of has been on avodart for 20 years, and although it should pretty much keep recession in check, its still technically an unknown. You have nice hair. I know youve been dieting, etc. You can pull a loveworthy gal the way you are. I hope you at least give it alot of thought. Getting a transplant means you HAVE to keep up with your hair, you can never just say "screw it, Im gonna buzz it and forget about it".

G

thanks michael. this talk of me getting a transplant would not be for at least 3-4 years anyway. i am planning for the future. i will prob give the drugs two until summer 2009 before doing anything. hopefully results from hm trials will be out by then.

thanks for the kind words though. and btw i'm not keeping my hair to get a girl. i pulled girls even wheni was fat(190 pounds) and my balding was more noticeable. i guess they like my personality or something. now i'm 155 pounds. i just want to keep it because i feel like i look better when i wake up in the morning, with hair.,

michael barry

Reaction score
Blondeguy,

You let me down. You are dishonest in debate, and I now see it. Im going to paste your whole post and respond. By the way, Im wondering if you are Mahair, but I may be wrong.

You posted:

michael barry wrote:

How many of us would be interested in a woman who was going bald, front to back? Yup, very very few.

How silly. First, women with shaved heads are hot. Second, balding is a masculine trait so of course most people wouldn't be attracted to it on a woman. Men look for reproductive indicators, while women look for survival indicators. Full hair on a woman is a reproductive indicator of health, but not on a man. Confident men are attractive, because confidence is a result of success which means that guy is more likely to have the capability of ensuring her survival. Baldness has nothing to do with any of that. A lot of you use baldness as a justification to feel miserable and lonely, but you don't need to feel that way.

LEMME SEE< YOU CLAIMED WOMEN WITH SHAVED HEADS ARE HOT. MOST WOULD DISAGREE WITH THAT. NATALIE PORTMAN LOOKED GOOD WITH A SHAVED HEAD, BUT BETTER WITH HAIR. A HEAD SHAVED OUT OF CHOICE AND NOT MALE PATTERN BALDNESS LOOKS BETTER.

Quote:
Baldness, like acne, psoriasis, big pores, thin hair, scrawny bodies, propensity to obesity, bad teeth, stuck-out ears, small genitalia, body odor, is NOT A FAVORABLE TRAIT.

Baldness has nothing to do with any of those things you listed. You're just lumping it in with a bunch of negatives. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------BALDNESS IS IN A LONG LINE OF UNFAVORABLE TRAITS MUCH LIKE THE ONES LISTED. HOWEVER, I ADMIT READILY SOME MEN CAN BE BALD AND COOL AND BALD AND HANDSOME, UNLIKE MEN WITH ACNE OR STUCK OUT EARS. ITS (BALDNESS) NOT A "BIRTH DEFECT", BUT AS PRETTY LARGE COLORFUL EYES LOOK BETTER THAN HAZY, POORLY COLORED, SMALL ONES, A FULL HEAD OF BEAUTIFUL HAIR LOOKS BETTER THAN WISPY THIN HAIR AND WE BOTH KNOW IT

Quote:
You can indeed compensate by being trim and fit and having a nice face, and using skin care prodcuts so you have good skin, and you can dress tastefully, be economically successful and have a nice car.........................................but it still is not a "favored" trait.

Yes, it is. All men thin to some degree during adulthood as a sign of biological maturity. It happens with primates. =========================================================NO, NOT ALL MEN. SOME MEN KEEP ALL THEIR HAIR ALL THEIR LIVES. I HAVE A GREAT UNCLE WHO IS SEVENTY SOMETHING WITH A FULL HEAD OF BLACK HAIR.

Quote:
There are some women out there who absolutely wont date a balding man.

And there are some men who absolutely won't date redheads. So what? .............-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THAT WAS TO LET YOU KNOW SOME WOMEN DONT LIKE MALE BALDNESS. CAN YOU THINK OF ANY WOMAN WHO REFUSES TO DATE MEN WHO HAVE HAIR? ME EIHER

Quote:
Ive seen some ads in the personals from really hot chicks that explicity said they did NOT want a man with any kind of male pattern baldness and wanted a man with a full head of hair. They actually stated that. So some women view it as a dealbreaker, alot of others dont.

And I've seen really hot chicks walking arm in arm with a bald man. So what? =============================================================================================================MY POINT AGAIN, IT GOES TO SHOW THAT BALDNESS CAN BE SEEN AS AN UNFAVORABLE TRAIT BY SOME. SOME WOMEN PREFER MEN WITH ALL THEIR HAIR, ESPECIALLY IF HIS HEAD SHAPE IS NOT SYMETRICAL

Quote:
Its as if you met a chick with a face you liked, but she was prone to obesity or had bad teeth that were yellow and unstraight. Those teeth might piss you off so much, you elect to go out with a chick with a lesser face and bod, but perfect teeth.

Again, baldness has nothing to do with that. It's a totally natural male process. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IM GIVING AN EXAMPLE OF AN UNFAVORABLE TRAIT OVER-RULING OTHER UNFAVORABLE TRAITS IN SOME WOMEN'S ESTIMATION. YOU WERE EVADING THE ISSUE

JayMan wrote:
lol @dna and unstoppable

100% unstoppable. You will lose hair regardless of treatments.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................THIS IS WHERE WE STRONGLY DISAGREE. ARE YOU AWARE THAT A SIXTY THREE YEAR OLD MAN WHO HAD BEEN BALD SINCE TWENTY EIGHT, WAS ON SPIRONOLACTONE FOR SIX YEARS FOR CIRROHSIS, AND STARTED REGROWING HAIR ALL OVER HIS HEAD?

Receptor blockers, and topicals that inhibit receptor expression like what Andro-science is working on will probably end further baldness from a treatment end. They simply either block the androgen receptors in the scalp, or inhibit them from forming with daily usage. Ive seen pictures of people who used a receptor blocker on mustache hair (fluridil) and made the mustache completely disappear over a few months. HM is being worked on also, and is expected to be out in within a decade at the very most, but probably a few years less than that.

You are wrong to think that science will not conquer baldness , because it will. Treatments can keep you "in hair" until the above methods become available or effective.

Im glad your happy with your shave. There is NOTHING wrong with being bald or shaving it. However, there is nothing wrong with using topical spironolactone, revivogen, or fluridil, or prox-n, or tricomin either. None of those have side effects, and all should help one hold onto their hair for several years until better things (or CURES) are available. These men are not freaks for putting a topical on their head or shampooing with nizoral. Finasteride has a biological precedent in Guatamalean men who dont even have the alpha five reductase type two enzyme, and they live healthy long lives, so it wont turn you into a green monster either.

I think you are awfully obsessed with what a few men decide to do with their own hair, and want to guilt monger them for it. They have simply made a different choice than you have. They may join you in shaving in a few years, or not. Getting a tatoo is a hell of alot more invasive than spraying crinagen or something on one's scalp.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Jayman,

What SAF told you is something worth considering. If you hold onto what you have, in 10 years, your hair will be considered better than the norm, as the men around you will be starting to receed.

I'd wait for results in the HM trials before I'd even consider a transplant if I were you. It can be your "insurance" against dutasteride losing its effect for some unforseen reason. Nobody I know of has been on avodart for 20 years, and although it should pretty much keep recession in check, its still technically an unknown. You have nice hair. I know youve been dieting, etc. You can pull a loveworthy gal the way you are. I hope you at least give it alot of thought. Getting a transplant means you HAVE to keep up with your hair, you can never just say "screw it, Im gonna buzz it and forget about it".

dutas has only been out for what 4 years? if that?

s.a.f

Reaction score
flimflam said:
s.a.f said:
Lets take a vote on that. Any guys out there who prefer women with shaved heads?.... :x

I wouldn't say prefer, but can be so hot on some girls.

Yeah very pretty girls. Although they'd still probably look better with hair.
Same as with men in nearly all cases a handsome guy is still handsome without hair but not as goodlooking as with it.

G

michael barry just owned blondeguy, hardcore.

he makes a great point that there are no women out there who refuse to date guys with hair. there may be women out there who refuse to date guys without shaved heads, but guys with full heads of hair can shave their head too. i've never met a woman in my life, an d i know you guys haven't either, that has said, "oh that guy has too much hair, it's disgusting". but i know you guys know women who will not date a bald guy. i know some. and i don't think they're pigs or unfair for it. how many guys on here would date a bald girl? i wouldn't, and that's a lot less socially acceptable to be a bald woman than to be a bald man.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
michael barry just owned blondeguy, hardcore.

he makes a great point that there are no women out there who refuse to date guys with hair. there may be women out there who refuse to date guys without shaved heads, but guys with full heads of hair can shave their head too. i've never met a woman in my life, an d i know you guys haven't either, that has said, "oh that guy has too much hair, it's disgusting". but i know you guys know women who will not date a bald guy. i know some. and i don't think they're pigs or unfair for it. how many guys on here would date a bald girl? i wouldn't, and that's a lot less socially acceptable to be a bald woman than to be a bald man.

I actually know a girl (17 years old) that PREFERS middle aged BALD italian men....soprano complex? maybe?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I was with some girls the other day, one of whom I really like and she points out a pic in her magazine of Bon Jovi with his highlighted feathered shoulder length hair, and says to the others I cant resist a man with hair like that, and they all agreed. Man I wished the ground would have just swallowed me up.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I was with some girls the other day, one of whom I really like and she points out a pic in her magazine of Bon Jovi with his highlighted feathered shoulder length hair, and says to the others I cant resist a man with hair like that, and they all agreed. Man I wished the ground would have just swallowed me up.

i wouldnt want hair like that...haha

bubka

Reaction score
I actually know a girl (17 years old) that PREFERS middle aged BALD italian men....soprano complex? maybe?
probably molested by one when she was young or something

G

bubka said:
probably molested by one when she was young or something

ooh youre gonna get it for that one from justshaveit haha :lol: :hairy:

bubka

Reaction score
i just cant win, i mean we should all just shave our heads, we will be more attractive, and have nothing to worry about, i mean, why is this billion dollar industry even? everyone should just shave it 3x a week

its literally Occam's razor :roll: :lol:

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
JustShaveIt said:
YOUR GOING BALD!! and there is NOTHING you can do about it...you can run all you want, but you cant hide. your GENES have determined that you will be BALD and there is no drug or carpet with hair that will save you. enjoy your lives while you can and enjoy what hair you got left and when your tired of running from the inevitable and spending thousands of dollars and driving yourself crazy due to stress and worry you will realize how much of a douche you've been.

if you doubt what i say , just ask donald trump why his millions of dollars can't buy him a good combover.

finasteride and minoxidil used together have been proven to work in some people but only if you get on them early. These meds weren't available when Donald Trump first started going bald.