let me tell you guys alil secret...

Pondle

Reaction score
JustShaveIt was spreading alarmist scare-mongering claptrap about proven, safe treatments for hair loss. There's no place on this forum for blatantly false misinformation like that. And yes, people make money out of selling hair loss treatments. Other people make money out of selling food or housing or consumer products. It's called capitalism. If you don't like capitalism move to North Korea. :roll:

IBM

Reaction score
Baldness reversal success depends when we start treatments. A NW1.5 have great chances to maintain it. But a between NW3 and NW4 person becoming NW2 is a miracle. That's the true. The fault is starting treatments late.

bubka

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Yeah this thread opened my eyes about Jayman... what a clown, insulting someone who's bald like a f****ing 10 yr old. Bubka and Jayman are dissing someone who has taken a different path in dealing with hairloss. Both of you really deserve to go bald if someone does.
\

did you guys even read his first post, first he said "god" wants you to be bald, then says that doing anything that involves battling male pattern baldness other than shaving your head is "driving us crazy" and that we are all "depressed" and by doing so we are a "douche"

so who is the 10 year old here?

G

bubka said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Yeah this thread opened my eyes about Jayman... what a clown, insulting someone who's bald like a f****ing 10 yr old. Bubka and Jayman are dissing someone who has taken a different path in dealing with hairloss. Both of you really deserve to go bald if someone does.
\

did you guys even read his first post, first he said "god" wants you to be bald, then says that doing anything that involves battling male pattern baldness other than shaving your head is "driving us crazy" and that we are all "depressed" and by doing so we are a "douche"

so who is the 10 year old here?

Oh ok, that God thing was out of line. But it doesn't justify this kinda sh*t-throwing: "what a bald freaking retard, seriously, is it time to save your head already this week mr chrome dome (good one jayman) who looks 10 years older than he should???"

G

to you all except justshaveit:

he just wants to offer another solution. maybe he doesnt choose the right words and said it as an offense. maybe he did so coz he wanted to "open us the eyes".

i think though, justshaveit, we are all adults - even if some act like little kids (dont want to say names).

these drugs ARE NOT THAT RISKY. else they wouldnt have been approaved by FDA. and THEY DO WORK ... for a time and everyone who takes them decided to take them as long as possible.

i dont know so much about avodart though. its really a finasteride * 2 or 3.

though i think i will ask my doctor next time what finasterid does in long term. its pretty important. if its really that risky he will hopefully tell me.

i got a friend who got a hair transplant and he says it would have long term effects.

i think topicals are ok anyway. but these drugs are really a problem.

i seriously think about this. the first time when i started to use it, my hair was worth everything for me and i just took it without thinking.

but now, where i accepted my hairloss and yes, i think there should be a forum about acceptance, i think other about it.

i still want to save my hair and make it better. but not for everything.

i think i start a new thread and ask people what they know about long term effects. its a very very important question.

...and by the way , i think the only thing which justshaveit could say against us. because (really) risking our health IS NOT WORTH hair for a few years. which may be 10, 20 years but not forever.

i accepted it - how it is - and i already think that even if i was completley bald now i could handle it.

but fact is , hair gives you benefits in life. its not only "cosmetical". studies show that you earn less, have less success with women and some other negative things...statistically only though. if you make the best out of it, then there is not that much of a problem. important with baldness is that you accept it and can handle it.

i want to take here the example of cassin. yes , the cassin. he says he seriously thinks about stopping all treatments because its just not worth it.

and i think he actually has great success.

i think you all respect cassin - so at least think about this fact that he seriously think about stopping everything.

well, he s a bit older than most of us - so maybe you will come to this point in a few years.

but seriously. bubka, jayman, and some others, what would you do if you were nw3 or beyond???

i mean you got great hair and probably look good at all, but what would you do if you wouldnt anymore?

see my hair is not as good as yours. its ok and i dont have to shave it (i dont want to and it looks good if styled). so i have to accept that fact.

hiding is no good option...because you get crazy. so are hair pieces or concealors NOT the answer to balding and baldness. i know a forum though where are many happy people with a hair piece. they say they would just look better with hair.

if you try anything to have hair...i think its still important to accept the fact that you are going bald.

so jayman, its not good to call this guy a crome dome...you might end there too in a few years.

you maybe think that avodart works forever but it doesnt in fact. like you know, i accepted my hairloss....but i still have a weird feeling thinking about the day when finasteride stopps to work for me or the day when i find out it has incredible long term side effects.

well, there are other options like revivogen (which is a topical like you know) but i think it doesnt work that good in stopping dht.

Pondle

Reaction score
Neo, you asked about the long term effects of DHT inhibitor drugs. Well, finasteride has been on the market for 15 years and there is a natural biological analogue - adult males with genetically inherited Type II 5α-reductase deficiency.

These men have decreased levels of DHT. Except for the associated urogenital defects present at birth, no other clinical abnormalities related to Type II 5α-reductase deficiency have been observed. 5ARII deficient men have a small prostate gland throughout life and do not develop BPH or prostate cancer.

Dutasteride is somewhat different to finasteride since it inhibits type I as well as type II 5AR. However, I don't regard this as being a 'problem' because women also have much lower levels of 5ARI than men, and they seem to suffer no direct ill effects of 5ARI 'deficiency'.

Since most doctors have little or no knowledge of hair loss or its treatment you really have to do your own research on this one.

G

okay, thank you very much. maybe i ask a friend who studies medicine if he can do some research for me.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Here is what I find funny. This guy cant explain genes to anyone. He doesnt have any in depth knowledge of anything probably even wiping his own behind. Here he comes on here advising people what he thinks. Next people get diseases partly because of genetics and to my understanding some diseases have been completely cured or contained with treatments. I mean genes influence your vision and how many people wear glasses? obviously genes didnt stop these people from seeing. Current drugs can prevent or significantly slow down balding, and 10 years from now people will be regrowing larger more significant amounts of hair. This guy is full of crap hes basically saying you have genes that do bad things so just give up. Clearly science has beaten many genetic problems bad vision is just 1.

neomonk

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Here is what I find funny. This guy cant explain genes to anyone. He doesnt have any in depth knowledge of anything probably even wiping his own behind. Here he comes on here advising people what he thinks. Next people get diseases partly because of genetics and to my understanding some diseases have been completely cured or contained with treatments. I mean genes influence your vision and how many people wear glasses? obviously genes didnt stop these people from seeing. Current drugs can prevent or significantly slow down balding, and 10 years from now people will be regrowing larger more significant amounts of hair. This guy is full of crap hes basically saying you have genes that do bad things so just give up. Clearly science has beaten many genetic problems bad vision is just 1.

You know whats funny? Reading your weakass post. Your post is filled with misdirected hatred and extreme denial. This subject should be dead. All JustShaveIt was doing was just offering another way of looking at balding. It's obvious you're the uneducated one and do no possess any level of indepth knowledge on genes. If you're genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, then you will lose your hair - it's inevitable. Even if you spend millions on hair treatment etc, the reality is that you will lose your hair. Just look at celebrities for example...they have millions and millions of dollars at their disposal and they cannot escape their genes. Bruce Willis, Pete Samprass, Billy Zane, Vin Diesel, etc etc. Even Donald Trump can't hide the fact that his whole head is a comb over. You don't think these men have spent millions on different hair drugs and treatment? It really never got them too far. Have those drug treatments worked? No. Even if you get a hair transplant, your hair will look like sh*t anwyays because the hairs around the implanted hairs will look like sh*t in years to come. Let's just be realistic here. When you compare illnesses vs balding, you're making foolish uneducated comparsions. That's like comparing apples with ground beef. You can take Tylenol for a cold or fever. Genes control your height, the way you look, the way you age, etc etc etc. Things that cannot be simply controlled by any drug etc. Genes even control how long your peni5 is, and drug companies still push drugs that they know won't even work. But they do prey on your self consciousness and fear and thats how they make money. It's funny how you assume that people will be regrowing hair 10 yrs from now because someone like you said that 10 yrs ago to this day and there is still no cure. Just hope.

Eventually, everyone has to deal with the idea of being bald. Everyone has the right to fight that with the drugs or whatever they wish to take. Don't crucify someone who offers the harsh reality of the end of the journey, baldness - but offers a certain resolution to the scenario. Acceptance is the only thing you can when you are at the end...

We are all here to fight the same fight.

G

neomonk said:
abcdefg said:

You know whats funny? Reading your weakass post. Your post is filled with misdirected hatred and extreme denial. This subject should be dead. All JustShaveIt was doing was just offering another way of looking at balding. It's obvious you're the uneducated one and do no possess any level of indepth knowledge on genes. If you're genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, then you will lose your hair - it's inevitable. Even if you spend millions on hair treatment etc, the reality is that you will lose your hair. Just look at celebrities for example...they have millions and millions of dollars at their disposal and they cannot escape their genes. Bruce Willis, Pete Samprass, Billy Zane, Vin Diesel, etc etc. Even Donald Trump can't hide the fact that his whole head is a comb over. You don't think these men have spent millions on different hair drugs and treatment? It really never got them too far. Have those drug treatments worked? No. Even if you get a hair transplant, your hair will look like $#iT anwyays because the hairs around the implanted hairs will look like $#iT in years to come. Let's just be realistic here. When you compare illnesses vs balding, you're making foolish uneducated comparsions. That's like comparing apples with ground beef. You can take Tylenol for a cold or fever. Genes control your height, the way you look, the way you age, etc etc etc. Things that cannot be simply controlled by any drug etc. Genes even control how long your peni5 is, and drug companies still push drugs that they know won't even work. But they do prey on your self consciousness and fear and thats how they make money. It's funny how you assume that people will be regrowing hair 10 yrs from now because someone like you said that 10 yrs ago to this day and there is still no cure. Just hope.

Eventually, everyone has to deal with the idea of being bald. Everyone has the right to fight that with the drugs or whatever they wish to take. Don't crucify someone who offers the harsh reality of the end of the journey, baldness - but offers a certain resolution to the scenario. Acceptance is the only thing you can when you are at the end...

blablablablablablablablablalbbalbalablbalbalbalablbal

why dont you f*** justshaveit in the ***?

abcdefg just wrote that genes cant control everything. the human will is stronger and more powerful than genes.

period.

that s what abcdefg said.

you simply can fight baldness.

period.

wow, 10 years ago bill gates thought the internet is unimportant.

look now...google is ahead of microsoft, aol is ahead of microsof, ebay is ahead of microsoft, many other companies are ahead of microsoft in the internet, just coz bill gates thought in 10 years the internet will mean nothing.

if someone thought that 1987 he would have been right with that thought, or in that case bill gates was right if he thought it at his moment.

okay what i want to say is...the world developes. 10 years ago things were never possible which are now possible.

i guess you know nothing about future treatments?

sometimes you need to realize just the development. its about SIGNS.

signs which are very hard to interpret the right way.

so look at 10 years ago. compare that to the situation now...in the field of development of new drugs and treatments for baldness.

do you see any difference there? i see it.

and experts see it too.

even hair transplant surgeons say that in 10-20 years there will be hair multiplication.

since you dont know nothing about future treatments i think its senseless to talk with you about these.

i dont say acceptance of what you are is a bad thing . in fact its the way to go.

but though you CAN change yourself. like abcdefg said you dont have to wear glasses just coz your genes want so (or god) . again, the human will is the strongest thing on earth.

look at human kind. they found out so much, they created so much and everything just with their own will.

and this what you see now on earth is just a little beginning of what will be possible in future.

like kurzweil says...developement grows exponentiel. it doesnt go straight.

im pretty sure, that in 10-20 years there will be much better treatments for baldness... if not a cure and if that cure doesnt come the next 2 - 3 years. its still possible that intercytex brings out hair cloning in 2008.

Pondle

Reaction score
neomonk said:
abcdefg said:

You know whats funny? Reading your weakass post. Your post is filled with misdirected hatred and extreme denial. This subject should be dead. All JustShaveIt was doing was just offering another way of looking at balding. It's obvious you're the uneducated one and do no possess any level of indepth knowledge on genes. If you're genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, then you will lose your hair - it's inevitable. Even if you spend millions on hair treatment etc, the reality is that you will lose your hair. Just look at celebrities for example...they have millions and millions of dollars at their disposal and they cannot escape their genes. Bruce Willis, Pete Samprass, Billy Zane, Vin Diesel, etc etc. Even Donald Trump can't hide the fact that his whole head is a comb over. You don't think these men have spent millions on different hair drugs and treatment? It really never got them too far. Have those drug treatments worked? No. Even if you get a hair transplant, your hair will look like $#iT anwyays because the hairs around the implanted hairs will look like $#iT in years to come. Let's just be realistic here. When you compare illnesses vs balding, you're making foolish uneducated comparsions. That's like comparing apples with ground beef. You can take Tylenol for a cold or fever. Genes control your height, the way you look, the way you age, etc etc etc. Things that cannot be simply controlled by any drug etc. Genes even control how long your peni5 is, and drug companies still push drugs that they know won't even work. But they do prey on your self consciousness and fear and thats how they make money. It's funny how you assume that people will be regrowing hair 10 yrs from now because someone like you said that 10 yrs ago to this day and there is still no cure. Just hope.

First up, hair loss treatments that actually work are a new phenomenon. It's only in the last ten years that effective treatments for hair loss have become widely available. You speak as if we've had our current therapies for decades. We haven't. Regaine only became available OTC in the 90s and in high strength formulations in about 1996, I believe. Propecia was first launched in December 1997 (here in the UK we had to wait until 2002). Avodart was only launched in 2002 and still hasn't been "officially" marketed for hair loss. No doubt many promising potential treatments will fail to make it to market. But we will have new treatments in the near future. It is a commercial imperative and a scientific inevitability. Until then, the present generation of treatments can keep us above baseline for many years. :)

G

Pondle said:
neomonk said:
abcdefg said:

First up, hair loss treatments that actually work are a new phenomenon. It's only in the last ten years that effective treatments for hair loss have become widely available. You speak as if we've had our current therapies for decades. We haven't. Regaine only became available OTC in the 90s and in high strength formulations in about 1996, I believe. Propecia was first launched in December 1997 (here in the UK we had to wait until 2002). Avodart was only launched in 2002 and still hasn't been "officially" marketed for hair loss. No doubt many promising potential treatments will fail to make it to market. But we will have new treatments in the near future. It is a commercial imperative and a scientific inevitability. Until then, the present generation of treatments can keep us above baseline for many years. :)

excactly, pondle, about the same i wrote.

beaner

Reaction score
Why are you guys even arguing with this idiot. One poster had it correct earlier....this is just the banned poster "Dukshyboy" under a different handle. Stop aruging with him and he will go away.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I never said science can fix everything. Also you say celebrities go bald big deal. They use the same treatments we do I dont know why people are so stupid they think celebrities have there own underground network of special treatments like batman or something. They have more money but they obey the same laws of nature we all do. Science cant grow you a new brain, or make your penis longer so what who cares. 100 years from now they can grow you a bigger penis in a dish and surgically implant it if your that unconfident in your manhood. Explain what genes do or are? Everything, and I mean everything is a process happening in the body for some reason. Baldness can definitely be stopped maybe not with todays treatments but certainly within 100 years from now so dont say stupid things. Your on a freaking computer over the freaking internet that science invented to show your stupidity in science not being able to achieve things simple minded Neanderthals like you cant understand.

G

beaner said:
Why are you guys even arguing with this idiot. One poster had it correct earlier....this is just the banned poster "Dukshyboy" under a different handle. Stop aruging with him and he will go away.

hm, ya some guys in this thread argue. but i dont do. i try to discuss the toppic.

i dont think he is a scam. maybe , maybe not, but for me he brought up some interesting thoughts.

like the one of accepting it. i accept my hairloss now too.

bubka

Reaction score
nobody here is going to argue that you need to accept that you have male pattern baldness, to to accept that your only choice is to shave your head is pathetic and up for total scrutiny, as it was warranted, and rightly and justly received

also, this Calvinism philosophy that god made you bald in crazy too

G

bubka said:
nobody here is going to argue that you need to accept that you have male pattern baldness, to to accept that your only choice is to shave your head is pathetic and up for total scrutiny, as it was warranted

ya thats true, but i dont think anyone ever said this. they just recommend it if you are nw3 or beyond.

but you arent, so its no good choice for you.

neomonk

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I never said science can fix everything. Also you say celebrities go bald big deal. They use the same treatments we do I dont know why people are so stupid they think celebrities have there own underground network of special treatments like batman or something. They have more money but they obey the same laws of nature we all do. Science cant grow you a new brain, or make your penis longer so what who cares. 100 years from now they can grow you a bigger penis in a dish and surgically implant it if your that unconfident in your manhood. Explain what genes do or are? Everything, and I mean everything is a process happening in the body for some reason. Baldness can definitely be stopped maybe not with todays treatments but certainly within 100 years from now so dont say stupid things. Your on a freaking computer over the freaking internet that science invented to show your stupidity in science not being able to achieve things simple minded Neanderthals like you cant understand.

This is purely not a debate about science or technology. Of course there have been major advancements in science and technology. The sky is also blue and 1+1=2. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. My reason for bringing up examples of celebrities is simply to point out the fact that they have millions to spend on products that can "fight" or "reverse" baldness. They have more resources than the common man/woman and yet they still cannot conquer male pattern baldness. They all end up being bald or concealing it someway (even though most ppl can tell). That's a case study to point out that maybe we cannot stop baldness in OUR lifetime (maybe?). I was not saying that they have their own underground network and aren't human beings etc. Celebrities have money and access to the best doctors in the world and they still cannot "cure" balding. If they could, no movie star would be bald and they would be all perfect looking. And to add to your point, there might be a cure for baldness 100 yrs from now but what good will that do for us NOW? Most of us will be dead in 100 years. Or wait, in your mindset we could probably find some way of stopping aging using drugs etc etc. Yes reality flash, aging is dictated by genes as well.

Did you ever think that maybe balding is natural evolution of the human species? And that humans are getting less hairy over time? From caveman days to now, we have less and less hair? Just take a look at your parent's photo albums from when they were kids, teens etc. People back then all had full heads of hair. And in today's society we see male pattern baldness as early in the teenager yrs to early twenties age range. What if 100 years from now, the accepted norm will be a bald head and a cure for baldness was really a waste of everyone's time and money?

Pondle

Reaction score
neomonk said:
My reason for bringing up examples of celebrities is simply to point out the fact that they have millions to spend on products that can "fight" or "reverse" baldness. They have more resources than the common man/woman and yet they still cannot conquer male pattern baldness. They all end up being bald or concealing it someway (even though most ppl can tell). That's a case study to point out that maybe we cannot stop baldness in OUR lifetime (maybe?).

You seem to erroneously assume that all celebrities experiencing hair loss are using effective treatments. Many probably aren't using anything at all. Others may be using crap. I saw a tabloid story a while back that suggested Sadie Frost advised Jude Law to use "Chinese herbs" (!) to tackle his hair loss. Effective treatments for male pattern baldness are definitely a minority interest. The fact that you have to get Propecia on prescription is a major constraint on market size. We know that men are less likely to visit their doctors than women. They may lack the knowledge or confidence to enquire about male pattern baldness treatments when they are actually there. And the doctor may lack to knowledge to inform them about effective treatments.

And to add to your point, there might be a cure for baldness 100 yrs from now but what good will that do for us NOW?

Probably sooner than that. Seen the recent story in Nature?

Most of us will be dead in 100 years. Or wait, in your mindset we could probably find some way of stopping aging using drugs etc etc. Yes reality flash, aging is dictated by genes as well.

Yes but life expectancy is increasing year on year. Life expectancy increased dramatically in the 20th century. Life expectancy at birth in the United States in 1900 was 47 years. At the end of the century it was 77 years, an increase of 64% (or an increase of 30 years). Of course, much of this was due to reduced infant mortality but progess is being made in the field of biogerontology. Aging is an accumulation of damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs. Advanced biochemical and molecular repair technologies may be able to fix the damage we call aging (thereby greatly extending maximum lifespan).

Did you ever think that maybe balding is natural evolution of the human species? And that humans are getting less hairy over time? From caveman days to now, we have less and less hair?Just take a look at your parent's photo albums from when they were kids, teens etc. People back then all had full heads of hair. And in today's society we see male pattern baldness as early in the teenager yrs to early twenties age range. What if 100 years from now, the accepted norm will be a bald head and a cure for baldness was really a waste of everyone's time and money?

Other, hairier primate species also demonstrate male pattern baldness. It is not a case of an evolutionary path towards baldness :lol: And no, people today are not "more bald" than people many years ago. :roll: Developed societies are older than they were 100 years ago, because of lower birth rates and longer life expectancy. If the cohort of older males is larger than the cohort of younger males, you'll quite naturally see more male pattern baldness as a proportion of the total male population.