Latest Patents From Dr. George Cotsarelis

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using seti from Kane. No sides. I've also ordered cetirizine from Kane which is on the way. Going to use both in one topical.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate this private groups sh*t with idiots like swiss temples that want to keep everything secret from all other sufferers

Let start a group buy for all those things wee need as I belive we would easy get a few hundreds to join
I don't like it either but someone did the leg work to find a reputable source , we can do the same just need the effort

hairandthere

Reaction score

Also you need to be on Setipiprant + FGF9 for the follicle neogenesis to occur according to the patents.

What makes you say this? All the patents except for the last one were filed a long time ago and I think Follica has moved on. We found out about all those patents except for the last one 18 months after the filing dates. This is how long it takes for a patent filing to become public with the USPTO and thus when news was reported on it, and when forum threads here in this forum were started. The patents have finally been granted by the USPTO which can be due to a wide variety of factors, including office actions (back and forth adjustments) and manual searching for existing inventions (called prior art).

The final patent in the first post looks like the most exciting one. Perhaps I'm mistaken here, but from what I can tell, none of the text in that patent mentions conjunctive use with Setipiprant or FGF9.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you say this? All the patents except for the last one were filed a long time ago and I think Follica has moved on. We found out about all those patents except for the last one 18 months after the filing dates. This is how long it takes for a patent filing to become public with the USPTO and thus when news was reported on it, and when forum threads here in this forum were started. The patents have finally been granted by the USPTO which can be due to a wide variety of factors, including office actions (back and forth adjustments) and manual searching for existing inventions (called prior art).

The final patent in the first post looks like the most exciting one. Perhaps I'm mistaken here, but from what I can tell, none of the text in that patent mentions conjunctive use with Setipiprant or FGF9.

It's obvs that you should use both. FGF9 Wounding and 5-Aza-2 are mainly for follicule neogenesis,so resurrecting hair. minoxidil will probably used with WNT factor (from wounding or whatever) as a hair growth agent. But you're lacking of a fortress to protect your follicules. Here are CRTH2 antagonist,ready to help ya !
What's the point to grow a forest if there is a giant fire behind your back to burn it down in a instant ?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obvs that you should use both. FGF9 Wounding and 5-Aza-2 are mainly for follicule neogenesis,so resurrecting hair. minoxidil will probably used with WNT factor (from wounding or whatever) as a hair growth agent. But you're lacking of a fortress to protect your follicules. Here are CRTH2 antagonist,ready to help ya !
What's the point to grow a forest if there is a giant fire behind your back to burn it down in a instant ?

İst neogenesis not creating new hair and not just resurrecting?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
If cots is counting on seti to hold our ground after neo genesis then we or I am screwed cause that is still in beginning stages of testing. It's still recruiting.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If cots is counting on seti to hold our ground after neo genesis then we or I am screwed cause that is still in beginning stages of testing. It's still recruiting.

Seti will be out in 2020/2021. Fevi which is better,will be out in 2019 for asthma so we can used it for our hair probs :) !
And Cots will try to make fevi an hair loss treatment.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just a warning

Some guy on this forum just PMed me and he just had his seti tested by janoshik and it was is not seti. The labtesters best guess is oxidized seti.

I asked another member on the private forum what "oxidised seti" means and he said it was old stale rubbish seti at best more likely wasn't produced properly in the first place

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't like it either but someone did the leg work to find a reputable source , we can do the same just need the effort
If you have ever really participated in a private forum group buy though, you would know that they claim to do large batch testing to ensure purity before sending, but you receive your shipping directly from China. The indication of this is quite clear: your purity still hinges on the conscience of the lab. Plus, they clearly messed up and got scammed with one of the CB group buys which is well documented in their own thread so view everything with a grain of salt. Not saying they are liars, not saying they are legit, just contributing to the fact. In fact, they are probably more trustworthy than random group buys someone just suggested here.

(I'm not afraid to talk about this since I am banned there already for "mentioning the forum elsewhere" apparently thanks to swiss and his minion westonci for making fun of the joke bearing the title of this log, which is a shame but whatever)

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen,

Doctor Cotsarelis is an owner of some New patents related to Hair Loss.

I've already posted here, on an another thread, 2 of them, but I found 3 another ones.

Here we go :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Minoxidil for generating new hair follicles and treating baldness
Publication date: 2 Dec 2015
Filing date: 28 Mar 2006

Source: www.google.com/patents/EP2949328A1?cl=en&hair loss=fr

ABSTRACT
Use of minoxidil for the preparation of a pharmaceutical composition for treating a subject to generate a hair follicle and/or to increase the size of a hair follicle in a scalp, eyebrow or scarred region. The treating comprises disrupting an epidermis of the scalp, eyebrow or scarred region, and contacting it with the pharmaceutical composition. The subject may have androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia).
A non-therapeutic method for generating a hair follicle and/or increasing the size of a hair follicle in a scalp, eyebrow or scarred region of a subject. The method comprises disrupting an epidermis of the scalp, eyebrow or scarred region, and contacting it with minoxidil. The subject may have male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness

(...) Follicular neogenesis is defined as the generation of new hair follicles (HF) after birth. Humans are born with a full complement of HF, which can change in size and growth characteristics as in early baldness or can ultimately degenerate and disappear as in late stages of baldness or in permanent scarring (cicatricial) alopecias. Therefore, the generation of new HF is desirable in the treatment of common baldness as well as less common hair loss conditions, such as discoid lupus erythematosis, congenital hypotrichosis, lichen planopilaris and other scarring alopecias.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Shh signaling pathway stimulating agents for treating hair loss (FGF9 !! )
Publication date: 22 Mar 2017
Filing date: 11 Nov 2009

Source: www.google.com/patents/EP3144034A1?cl=en&hair loss=fr

ABSTRACT:
A composition for use in treating hair loss in a subject, wherein the composition comprises an agent that stimulates one or more members of the SHH signaling pathway, and a non-therapeutic method for treating hair loss in a subject, the method comprising administering a composition comprising an agent that stimulates one or more members of the SHH signaling pathway to the subject. The agent may be a glioma-associated oncogene homolog 1 (GLI1) polypeptide, a glioma-associated oncogene homolog 2 (GLI2) polypeptide, a biologically active fragment thereof, or a homolog thereof.

• The invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions and methods for treating hair loss and regenerating hair follicles. Specifically, the invention relates to fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptides and administering a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide for treating hair loss or regenerating hair follicles.
  • [0028]
    The present invention provides methods of treating hair loss, treating, inhibiting, or suppressing a degenerative skin disorder, and treating androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) in a subject and generating new hair follicles (HF) and increasing the size of existing HF, comprising epidermal disruption or administration of wnt, and administration of a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide or another compound that upregulates sonic hedgehog gene signaling.

• FGF9
  • [0059]
    In one embodiment, the methods of the present invention comprise the step of administering a composition comprising a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide, alone or in composition with one or more additional compounds. In one embodiment, FGF9 refers to Fgf-9, FGF-9, Fibroblast growth factor 9, GAF, glia activating factor, Glia-activating factor precursor, or HBGF-9. In one embodiment, the FGF9 protein of the methods of the present invention has the sequence:
  • administration of recombinant human FGF9 increased levels of sonic hedgehog (SHH) gene expression
3. Methods and compositions for inhibiting or reducing hair loss (PGD2 !)
Publication date: 7 Jun 2017
Filing date: 15 Jun 2007

Source: www.google.com/patents/EP3175856A1?cl=en&hair loss=fr

ABSTRACT
A non-therapeutic method of treating baldness in the scalp of a subject, the method comprising administering a prostaglandin D2 receptor (DP receptor) antagonist to the subject. The antagonist may be a prostaglandin D2 receptor 2 (DP2 receptor) antagonist.

• EXAMPLE 7: HAIRED SCALP CONTAINS A POPULATION OF CD200 HIGH ALPHA-6 INTEGRIN HIGH CELLS THAT ARE LACKING IN BALD SCALP
  • [0500]
    Haired and bald scalp samples from 5 Androgenetic Alopecia patients were subjected to staining and FACS for alpha-6 integrin and CD200. In each case, haired and bald samples from the same patient were compared. A population of alpha-6 integrinhigh CD200high cells was found to be present in the haired but not bald samples (Figure 9). These findings demonstrate the existence of a stem cell population that can be transplanted to generate new HF and treat baldness. Further, these findings demonstrate that administration of CD200 and analogues thereof can be used to treat baldness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Topical Aza-dC treatment on wound healing enhanced hair follicle regeneration.
Aza-dC treatment at all doses tested greatly enhanced hair follicle (HF) neogenesis

Publication date: 27 juil. 2017
Filing date: 21 juil. 2015

Source: www.google.com/patents/US20170209475?hair loss=fr&cl=en

TITLE : 5-aza-2'- deoxycytidine and methods of use thereof for promoting wound healing and regeneration

FIG. 4. Topical Aza-dC treatment enhanced hair follicle regeneration in healed wounds. (A) 10 μL of Aza-dC (dissolved in DMSO) was applied topically to the wound site, once a day, for 2 consecutive days at the time of scab detachment (SD0 & SD1). Aza-dC treatment at all doses tested greatly enhanced hair follicle (HF) neogenesis compared to the vehicle control, with the strongest enhancement seen with the highest tested dose (10 μg). (A) 10 μL of Aza-dC (dissolved in DMSO) was applied topically to the wound site, once a day, for 5 consecutive days at the time of scab detachment (SD0 to SD1). While the two lower doses (1 & 5 μg) showed little effect on the regeneration, the highest dose (10 μg) still enhanced hair follicle regeneration.

• Early Topical Treatment of DNA Methyl Transferase Inhibitor, Aza-Deoxycytidine (Aza-dC), to the Healing Wound Enhanced Regeneration After Healing
  • [0113]
    To further reduce the toxicity of Aza-dC treatment, the inhibitor was applied locally to the wound sites. Unlike systemic treatment, topical application of Aza-dC exhibited little inhibitory effect on wound-induced hair follicle regeneration. When applied to the wound site immediately following scab detachment for 2 days only, Aza-dC greatly enhanced hair follicle regeneration in healed wounds (from 3 to 8 fold) in a dose-dependent manner. (FIG. 4). Therefore, up-regulation of certain genes, via inhibition of DNA methylation, at the times when hair follicles begin to form plays a critical role in the hair follicle regeneration. This stimulatory effect on regeneration was diminished when the topical treatment was extended to 5 days (from SD0 to SD4), suggesting that the expression levels of some of these genes need to be temporally controlled to support hair follicle formation
Edit: adding the last patent in the first post too

I just received Decitabine in the mail yesterday. Is it useless if the wound doesnt cause scabbing?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most important part is scab detachment

But what does it actually mean? Does it mean to physically remove the scab or is it when the body naturally pushes it out

Does anyone know?

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most important part is scab detachment

But what does it actually mean? Does it mean to physically remove the scab or is it when the body naturally pushes it out

Does anyone know?
I think when the body drops a scab ,the underlying tissue is healed and sealed so...........