Latest Patents From Dr. George Cotsarelis

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some interesting quotes for the lazy ones from the patent @Noisette posted, dated from 2011

• increased hair count (e.g. , by measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin)
• increased hair density
• increased thickness of hair or hair shaft (e.g., based on diameter)
• increased hair weight
• hair cuttings
• longer hair
• increase in the amount of terminal hair (by, e.g., measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin, or increased thickness (e.g., diameter) or length of hair fibers)
• increase in the amount of vellus hair (by, e.g. , measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin) (e.g., as measured photographically)
• increase in the amount of nonvellus hair, e.g. , intermediate or terminal hair
• an increase in the ratio of terminal -to- vellus hair
• increased number of hair germs
• increased number of hair follicles (e.g. , as evaluated by a skin biopsy)
• increased number of hair follicles at a more mature stage of development
increased numbers of follicular units with 3 or more hair follicles
• increased hair follicle branching
• formation of new hair follicles ("hair follicle neogenesis")
• formation of new hair follicles with vellus-sized hair shafts (i.e. , hair shafts with diameters less than 30 microns in diameter)
• formation of new hair follicles with nonvellus-sized hair shafts (/. e. , hair shafts with diameters 30 microns or greater in diameter)
• hair follicle regeneration
increased activation of existing hair follicles
• increased number of hair follicles
increased number of activated hair follicles
• increased number of activated pre-existing hair follicles

"In certain aspects the methods described herein are used to replenish hair in scalp that was used or could be used as a donor site for hair transplant surgery."

"a combination of integumental perturbation and one or more pharmacologic treatments, which may be administered in combination or sequentially or cyclically, results in increased hair, increased hair thickness, and/or longer lasting hair. In certain aspects, such a combination treatment results in a 1.25-fold, 1.5-fold, 2-fold, 2.5-fold, 3-fold, 3.5-fold, or 4- fold or more increase in the amount of hair compared to treatment with a pharmacologic treatment alone."

Among those parmacologic treatments, list is huge, are mentionned : MK-386, Prostglandin E2 analogs, Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists and RU 58841 as viable

"Success may also be measured as a reduction or elimination of itching, burning, pain, and tenderness associated with the condition, or a reduction of scalp redness, scaling, and/or pustules. Success may also be measured as a reduction or elimination of inflammation of the scalp."

"Additional objects of the invention are to promote activation, reorganization, or regeneration of hair follicle units or generation of new hair follicle units; to promote development of hair units, for example, to promote the growth of terminal hair (in preference to vellus hair) for or in follicular units; to promote the branching of pre-existing hair follicle units (seen as an increased number of hair shafts per pore); to increase the width of hair in hair follicle units (thereby promoting growth of increased shaft widths); and/or to delay or prevent follicle unit senescence."

Feeling some kind of hype crawling through my spine.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some interesting quotes for the lazy ones from the patent @Noisette posted, dated from 2011

• increased hair count (e.g. , by measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin)
• increased hair density
• increased thickness of hair or hair shaft (e.g., based on diameter)
• increased hair weight
• hair cuttings
• longer hair
• increase in the amount of terminal hair (by, e.g., measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin, or increased thickness (e.g., diameter) or length of hair fibers)
• increase in the amount of vellus hair (by, e.g. , measuring new hair growth as an increased number of fibers in an affected area of the skin) (e.g., as measured photographically)
• increase in the amount of nonvellus hair, e.g. , intermediate or terminal hair
• an increase in the ratio of terminal -to- vellus hair
• increased number of hair germs
• increased number of hair follicles (e.g. , as evaluated by a skin biopsy)
• increased number of hair follicles at a more mature stage of development
increased numbers of follicular units with 3 or more hair follicles
• increased hair follicle branching
• formation of new hair follicles ("hair follicle neogenesis")
• formation of new hair follicles with vellus-sized hair shafts (i.e. , hair shafts with diameters less than 30 microns in diameter)
• formation of new hair follicles with nonvellus-sized hair shafts (/. e. , hair shafts with diameters 30 microns or greater in diameter)
• hair follicle regeneration
increased activation of existing hair follicles
• increased number of hair follicles
increased number of activated hair follicles
• increased number of activated pre-existing hair follicles

"In certain aspects the methods described herein are used to replenish hair in scalp that was used or could be used as a donor site for hair transplant surgery."

"a combination of integumental perturbation and one or more pharmacologic treatments, which may be administered in combination or sequentially or cyclically, results in increased hair, increased hair thickness, and/or longer lasting hair. In certain aspects, such a combination treatment results in a 1.25-fold, 1.5-fold, 2-fold, 2.5-fold, 3-fold, 3.5-fold, or 4- fold or more increase in the amount of hair compared to treatment with a pharmacologic treatment alone."

Among those parmacologic treatments, list is huge, are mentionned : MK-386, Prostglandin E2 analogs, Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists and RU 58841 as viable

"Success may also be measured as a reduction or elimination of itching, burning, pain, and tenderness associated with the condition, or a reduction of scalp redness, scaling, and/or pustules. Success may also be measured as a reduction or elimination of inflammation of the scalp."

"Additional objects of the invention are to promote activation, reorganization, or regeneration of hair follicle units or generation of new hair follicle units; to promote development of hair units, for example, to promote the growth of terminal hair (in preference to vellus hair) for or in follicular units; to promote the branching of pre-existing hair follicle units (seen as an increased number of hair shafts per pore); to increase the width of hair in hair follicle units (thereby promoting growth of increased shaft widths); and/or to delay or prevent follicle unit senescence."

Feeling some kind of hype crawling through my spine.

So we are cured?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
20-25 Hair/cm² won't cure a lot of guys, still would be interesting if it is possible to regrow hair in FUE/FUT scars with this procedure, if yes it could be quite the deal thanks to "unlimited donor hair"

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just give me maintanance with this 1k hair trandplant with erdogan 4k ... job done.. will never visit thia forum again and carry on with my life

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
explanation pls!?

Well IGF-1 and FGF-9 are known for quite some time now, and if Korea don't want to share their product it's their call

But...mother fuckers

img-thing.jpg

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems to work tho

This guy does not have an agressive hair loss pattern here, maybe not even Androgenetic Alopecia, it looks like a stress hair loss disorder, hard to judge without before/after serious pics

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score