Latest Patents From Dr. George Cotsarelis

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. One must adress everything. But for people like me who have had horrific sides that maybe an option to keep some hair...
Thanks for the link

I didn't know that, but yes it's still better than nothing, and maybe PGD2 antagonists will change that fact for many of us

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also @BaldyBalderBald (la gradation ascendante traduit bien cette putain de maladie de merde!)
does not that mean that Histogen is some kind of "scam"?

Bizarrement ce nom est venu naturellement, je n'ai même pas eut à réfléchir.

I don't know what to think about HSC anymore, too many factors.
They are taking their sweet time to release it, pushing many times their timeline, we don't know exactly why, medical regulations ? For example maybe in Korea clinical trials are not so regulated and that's why they already have this kind of products and why Histogen is performing their trials in Mexico rather than in the US.
To improve their product ? Lack of investors ?

I don't think this is a scam, just a poorly managed company with a lack of money and investors to complete their goal

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Since 2016.
We need an explanation about this

Interested indeed :)

The authors of the patent for FGF9 are Cotsarelis and OH SANG KWON (a korean scientist).

Follica seems to be a different approach for FGF9. In fact, they administering it (with other coumpounds) after disrupting the epidermis.
They said that " Adding Fgf9 to wounds increases the regeneration of hair follicles in mice lacking gamma/delta T cells in their skin, similar to human skin " .

Also it is confirmed on their patent " a) disrupting the epidermis in the region of said hair loss in said subject and (b) administering a composition comprising a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide to said subject "

F.jpg

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The authors of the patent for FGF9 are Cotsarelis and OH SANG KWON (a korean scientist).

Follica seems to be a different approach for FGF9. In fact, they administering it (with other coumpounds) after disrupting the epidermis.
They said that " Adding Fgf9 to wounds increases the regeneration of hair follicles in mice lacking gamma/delta T cells in their skin, similar to human skin " .

Also it is confirmed on their patent " a) disrupting the epidermis in the region of said hair loss in said subject and (b) administering a composition comprising a fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide to said subject "

View attachment 67916

Man...you're the Sherlock Holmes of patents
CASE CLOSED....You can drop the mic

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf...this betrayal....Why ? They don't use skin disruption tho.

View attachment 67916

What about 3:25?

They are using what appears to be a motorized needle on the scalp while using the needle-less syringe to just drop the solution onto the skin. Is that not a needling device? They say it is injected.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

They are using what appears to be a motorized needle on the scalp while using the needle-less syringe to just drop the solution onto the skin. Is that not a needling device? They say it is injected.

I wasn't sure, but yes it seems you're right

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems to work tho

Follica is bettter than this. Now just imagine what Follica can do.

"What about 3:25?

They are using what appears to be a motorized needle on the scalp while using the needle-less syringe to just drop the solution onto the skin. Is that not a needling device? They say it is injected."

It's called a meso-gun for mesotherapy

Last edited:

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score

Make a good point :) I wonder if it was a microneedling device... but it seems it was not. Maybe I'm wrong ;)

For Follica, disrupting the epidermis would cause pinpoint bleeding and after they administering the coumpound. Here, FGF9 is administering before the eventual microneedling

In their clinical study the protocol is :
" (SGF57) was topically applied on the treated half of the scalp and followed by microneedle therapy.. "

Pics from their study

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make a good point :) I wonder if it was a microneedling device... but it seems it was not. Maybe I'm wrong ;)

For Follica, disrupting the epidermis would cause pinpoint bleeding and after they administering the coumpound. Here, FGF9 is administering before the eventual microneedling

In their clinical study the protocol is :
" (SGF57) was topically applied on the treated half of the scalp and followed by microneedle therapy.. "

Pics from their study

Weird protocol, i wonder why are they doing microneedling after compound application and not before

Edit : Your pics disappeared @Noisette

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird protocol, i wonder why are they doing microneedling after compound application and not before

Simple theory but maybe it's quite similiar to mesotherapy. When you apply it first and microneedling after,the needle is soaked with it and goes through the skin at the same time of skin disruption.
But I still don't see what differences can it make with the after processus.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait a sec they only wound the epidermis? The hair follicles are in the lower part of the dermis though.

The epidermis on average is 1mm thick and the dermis being the thickest of all 3 layers is 2-4mm thick.

IMG_0027.JPG

From what I understand, the follicles are located in the reticular dermis which is the lower half.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022671/

I wonder how they get their topicals to penetrate past the upper dermis... I always thought the purpose of their wounding was to be able to access the root of the follicle in the dermis. Maybe some pathways?

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec they only wound the epidermis? The hair follicles are in the lower part of the dermis though.

The epidermis on average is 1mm thick and the dermis being the thickest of all 3 layers is 2-4mm thick.

View attachment 68287

From what I understand, the follicles are located in the reticular dermis which is the lower half.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022671/

I wonder how they get their topicals to penetrate past the upper dermis... I always thought the purpose of their wounding was to be able to access the root of the follicle in the dermis. Maybe some pathways?

Follica is : A disruptor + An incisor + an Applicator.

- The disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum / epidermis
- The Incisor for removing tissue
- The applicator for applicating the coumpounds​

In a book called " Alopecia : New Insights for the Healtcare Professional " The author talk about Follica.
upload_2017-11-1_18-49-9.png

" SUMMARY
The present disclosure provides methods and systems that involve the induction of multimodal injury to a subject's skin. This approach maximizes the responsiveness of the treated area to treatments for producing hair follicles; exciting, activating, and dispersing existing hair-producing structures; and bringing about other physiological changes that correspond to increased hair growth and/or the growth of more robust hairs. Conventional methodologies invoke a single injury model to induce hair growth. In contrast, the present methods and systems provide heretofore unattainable advantages through use of a multi-pronged approach of de novo hair follicle production, in combination with reorganization of existing structures to produce new follicular units, as well as pharmaceutical enhancement of both processes, and other gainful techniques.

In one aspect, methods are provided for treating skin of a subject comprising disrupting the epidermis and, optionally, the stratum corneum at a target area of the skin; and, removing dermis tissue from a plurality of portions of the target area to form void spaces in the dermis at the target area while leaving the remainder of the dermis at the target area substantially intact.

Also provided are systems for treating a subject's skin comprising a disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum, epidermis, or both at a target area of the skin; an incisor for removing tissue from a portion of the target area to form a void space therein; and, an applicator for delivering a composition to the target area.

In a further aspect kits are provided, the kits comprising a container comprising an aliquot of a physiologically active composition; and, a handpiece comprising an applicator for applying the physiologically active composition to a body surface; a chamber for accommodating the container and placing the physiologically active composition in fluid communication with the applicator; a disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum, epidermis, or both at a target area of the body surface; and, an incisor for removing tissue from a portion of the target area to form a void space therein
"

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I just orgasmed...

Was so caught up in the wounding aspect of it that I didn't realize there is a multi-step process Follica is taking. This is great news for a previously damaged dermis as well since it is being removed from a plurality of portions. Regeneration at its finest! This clears up a lot!

Thank you @Noisette

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is : A disruptor + An incisor + an Applicator.

- The disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum / epidermis
- The Incisor for removing tissue
- The applicator for applicating the coumpounds​

In a book called " Alopecia : New Insights for the Healtcare Professional " The author talk about Follica.
View attachment 68293

" SUMMARY
The present disclosure provides methods and systems that involve the induction of multimodal injury to a subject's skin. This approach maximizes the responsiveness of the treated area to treatments for producing hair follicles; exciting, activating, and dispersing existing hair-producing structures; and bringing about other physiological changes that correspond to increased hair growth and/or the growth of more robust hairs. Conventional methodologies invoke a single injury model to induce hair growth. In contrast, the present methods and systems provide heretofore unattainable advantages through use of a multi-pronged approach of de novo hair follicle production, in combination with reorganization of existing structures to produce new follicular units, as well as pharmaceutical enhancement of both processes, and other gainful techniques.

In one aspect, methods are provided for treating skin of a subject comprising disrupting the epidermis and, optionally, the stratum corneum at a target area of the skin; and, removing dermis tissue from a plurality of portions of the target area to form void spaces in the dermis at the target area while leaving the remainder of the dermis at the target area substantially intact.

Also provided are systems for treating a subject's skin comprising a disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum, epidermis, or both at a target area of the skin; an incisor for removing tissue from a portion of the target area to form a void space therein; and, an applicator for delivering a composition to the target area.

In a further aspect kits are provided, the kits comprising a container comprising an aliquot of a physiologically active composition; and, a handpiece comprising an applicator for applying the physiologically active composition to a body surface; a chamber for accommodating the container and placing the physiologically active composition in fluid communication with the applicator; a disruptor for disrupting the stratum corneum, epidermis, or both at a target area of the body surface; and, an incisor for removing tissue from a portion of the target area to form a void space therein
"

Thank you! Do you maybe know if this procedure could also be used for neogenesis in scarred tissue and wounds? Would be quite theoretical, but based on this information?

MG21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I discovered SGF57 for less than one week and was surprised I did not hear of that before. And now this name appear on this forum.
It seems to me that data from clinical trial regarding SGF57 are for previous version without FGF9
"2016" version is now with FGP9.
I think it's very close to Histogen HSC
This product is not distributed in Europe or America but you can buy it directly from the manufacturer. Is not so expensive, less than 300 USD for 6 month of treatment.

Last edited:

MG21

My Regimen
Reaction score
A topical growth factor cocktail with FGF9 from Korea.
Kuba197 talk about it page 14

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I discovered SGF57 for less than one week and was surprised I did not hear of that before. And now this name appear on this forum.
It seems to me that data from clinical trial regarding SGF57 are for previous version without FGF9
"2016" version is now with FGP9.
I think it's very close to Histogen HSC
This product is not distributed in Europe or America but you can buy it directly from the manufacturer. Is not so expensive, less than 300 USD for 6 month of treatment.

Price sounds good but nobody know if it's working or not. Maybe it's scam like Histogen!?