Latest Patents From Dr. George Cotsarelis

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree, it's very strange we didn't ear from it before. 300$ for 6 month supply ??? Very strange...Do you think we can bought it ??Where ??

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man...you're the Sherlock Holmes of patents
CASE CLOSED....You can drop the mic

Case closed "gavel smack!" Noisette is a super-sleuth! :)

And looking back at what Bernat Olle said in 2013:

The next step is to test the effects of Fgf9 on human skin in xenograft models and then in the clinic. “If results hold up in humans, we could expect a several-fold increase in new follicles beyond what we were already accomplishing,” says Olle.

Fast forward to today, four years later. Hmm? "The next step" as in, did they already do a phase 1 clinical trial with "fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide"? I get the feeling they did, and the next clinical trial is this pivotal study that's been mentioned, which would mean the final phase before submitting to FDA for approval? And especially if it works!

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Case closed "gavel smack!" Noisette is a super-sleuth! :)

And looking back at what Bernat Olle said in 2013:

Fast forward to today, four years later. Hmm? "The next step" as in, did they already do a phase 1 clinical trial with "fibroblast growth factor-9 polypeptide"? I get the feeling they did, and the next clinical trial is this pivotal study that's been mentioned, which would mean the final phase before submitting to FDA for approval? And especially if it works!

How come they weren't trying fgf9 years ago if the patented it nearly 7 years ago?

Last edited:

MG21

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin
The only way to get it is to contact them directly with the contact form on their website.
The price is 260 USD, I assume there is shipping cost.

But there is a more interesting option. Similar product, but different brand and compagny (Korean of course). But the growth factors came from the same manufacturer. The price is lower, less than 100 USD for 3 months.
For the price, I think it worth to be tried. I'm about to order it, should be done tomorrow morning with the jet lag.
I will give you more information in a next message when I will have a confirmation to shipment. I find also a paper with clinical result for this product and SGF 57.

Seuxin, you are French too ? Isn't it ? I remember you. I met you some years ago on another forum..

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin
The only way to get it is to contact them directly with the contact form on their website.
The price is 260 USD, I assume there is shipping cost.

But their is a more interesting option. Similar product, but different brand and compagny (Korean of course). But the growth factors came from the same manufacturer. The price is lower, less than 100 USD for 3 months.
For the price, I think it worth to be tried. I'm about to order it, should be done tomorrow morning with the jet lag.
I will give you more information in a next message when I will have a confirmation to shipment. I find also a paper with clinical result for this product and SGF 57.

Seuxin, you are French too ? Isn't it ? I remember you. I met you some years ago on another forum..

I'd be on board to try that too. I can't seem to find the link to the $260 product. (?) I'd like to compare both.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Years of preclinicals most likely. I remember Cots saying something that it would take them atleast 10 years to commercialize fgf9

So if Cots filed a patent for a fgf9 polypeptide in late 2009, that would mean that it was pre-clinical almost eight years ago already and maybe nine since they had to get approval to experiment on mice some time before the patent filing date of November 2009.

So anytime 2018 to 2020.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Do you maybe know if this procedure could also be used for neogenesis in scarred tissue and wounds? Would be quite theoretical, but based on this information?

Hey @MrV88 :)

In their following patent, we can see that Follica use their protocol (treatment) before a Hair transplant and also after a Hair transplant...

[00742] In a variation, hair that is regenerated in the treated donor area may -be used as a source of future, repeated hair transplants in accordance with the foregoing method.

"
7.14 TREATMENT FOLLOWING FOLLICULAR UNIT

TRANSPLANTATION

[00741] A 51 year old white male with history Androgenic Alopecia undergoes Hair Transplant with the "Strip Harvesting Method" with donor area located at the posterior scalp along the occipital protuberance. Surgery requires a long scar on the posterior scalp measuring 28 cm. Starting Day 1 , topical Compound is applied only to the 14 cm "left" portion of the scar (in addition to routine wound care), one time per week. In 3 and 6 week follow-up, the right and left aspects of the scar are compared with respect to skin thickness, return of pigmentation, re-establishment of adnexal structures and global assessment the physician and patient's satisfaction regarding the cosmetic result of the 2 distinct lesions using a Visual Analogue Scale (VAS).

[00742] In a variation, hair that is regenerated in the treated donor area may -be used as a source of future, repeated hair transplants in accordance with the foregoing method.

7.15 TREATMENT FOLLOWING FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION

[00743] A 51 year old white male with history Androgenic Alopecia undergoes Hair Transplant with the "Follicular Unit Extraction" with donor area located at the posterior scalp above and below the occipital protuberance. In total 1000 punch graft were taken from the posterior scalp and left to heal with secondary intention. Starting Day 1 , topical Compound is applied only to the "left" portion of the donor area (in addition to routine wound care), for one time per week. In 3 and 6 week follow-up, the right and left aspects of the scar are compared with respect to skin thickness, return of pigmentation, re-establishment of adnexai structures and global assessment the physician and patient's satisfaction regarding the cosmetic result of the 2 distinct lesions using a Visual Analogue Scale (VAS
). "

source: https://www.google.fr/patents/WO2017054009A1 (patent 2017)

cheers

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey @MrV88 :)

In their following patent, we can see that Follica use their protocol (treatment) before a Hair transplant and also after a Hair transplant...

"
7.14 TREATMENT FOLLOWING FOLLICULAR UNIT

TRANSPLANTATION

[00741] A 51 year old white male with history Androgenic Alopecia undergoes Hair Transplant with the "Strip Harvesting Method" with donor area located at the posterior scalp along the occipital protuberance. Surgery requires a long scar on the posterior scalp measuring 28 cm. Starting Day 1 , topical Compound is applied only to the 14 cm "left" portion of the scar (in addition to routine wound care), one time per week. In 3 and 6 week follow-up, the right and left aspects of the scar are compared with respect to skin thickness, return of pigmentation, re-establishment of adnexal structures and global assessment the physician and patient's satisfaction regarding the cosmetic result of the 2 distinct lesions using a Visual Analogue Scale (VAS).

7.15 TREATMENT FOLLOWING FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION

[00743] A 51 year old white male with history Androgenic Alopecia undergoes Hair Transplant with the "Follicular Unit Extraction" with donor area located at the posterior scalp above and below the occipital protuberance. In total 1000 punch graft were taken from the posterior scalp and left to heal with secondary intention. Starting Day 1 , topical Compound is applied only to the "left" portion of the donor area (in addition to routine wound care), for one time per week. In 3 and 6 week follow-up, the right and left aspects of the scar are compared with respect to skin thickness, return of pigmentation, re-establishment of adnexai structures and global assessment the physician and patient's satisfaction regarding the cosmetic result of the 2 distinct lesions using a Visual Analogue Scale (VAS
). "

source: https://www.google.fr/patents/WO2017054009A1 (patent 2017)

cheers

If fgf9 can create 2, or 3 times the terminal hairs that minoxidil was able to do, and this treatment can be done more than once with the same results we could all be in great shape with follica and fue...

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score

what da??? all we need is a 0,8 dermaroller and fgf9 until better things hit the market. how can we get our hands on fgf9????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what da

MG21

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this team published a more recent paper...
Their previous papers was about SGF 57 without fgF9 and they tried a similar product with FGF9. Now SGF 57 contains FGF9, so go for it if you want a try.
I ordered yesterday the similar product, should be ship on monday.

Last edited:

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what da??? all we need is a 0,8 dermaroller and fgf9 until better things hit the market. how can we get our hands on fgf9????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? what da

It will be hard to make FGF9 penetrating the scalp coz of it's molecular weight.
All you're seeing is modest results, you can have better results with 1.5mm even greater with 2.5mm and better ones I guess with injection of it + dermaneedling at 1.5mm.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, to summarize....No really news after this congress ? We don't have any things to try !

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How come they weren't trying fgf9 years ago if the patented it nearly 7 years ago?

I think they might have patented in 2009 after in vitro testing, or the very first stages of research, but don't quote me because I am not a scientist. I'm guessing the next step was testing in mice, and they saw some results. By 2013 Bernat Olle was saying ya, it's time now(in 2013) to "test the effects of Fgf9 on human skin in xenograft models and then in the clinic."

I'm guessing they moved on and finished testing fgf-9 with human xenograft models, and probably grafted onto the backs of mice. Mice are speedy when it comes to healing and hair cycling, so they probably finished that study within a year or so. If all went well in that study, then it represents the start of testing with human tissue and accumulating safety data. Add a couple years for more testing and formulation of the drug for human trials. I am just guessing that the next step for them is to test this fgf-9 polypeptide in clinical trials (in humans not mice). I'm also guessing that because it is a new drug, it's the reason a doctor working in a clinical setting will have to apply it to the scalp after laser 'perturbation.' They may apply an exact amount of the drug as a control measure. Perhaps this is the pivotal phase 3 study they mentioned about to start soon?

Last edited:

MG21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man, please could you shere the link for this stuff?
(Or Pm me). Thanks
Hi,
sorry yes I forgot to mention it.
So the other product is called Cellcurin a brand name of PnP Biopharm the manufacturer of growth hormones. PnP Biopharm also supplies the manufacturer of SGF-57.
Here the link to their website:https://www.cellcurin.com/home-eng
Cellcurin exists in 2 conditioning.
- bottles ready to use (called Cellcurin hair Serum), containing growth factor + botanical extract. Daily use, lasts about 3 weeks.
- 5 ml vials (called Cellcurin hair ampoule) containing only growth factor lyophilized powder that should be mixt with saline solution or purified water. Sold by set containing 8 vials.
1 vial is for 2 applications, one per week. So the set lasts 16 weeks.

To order Cellcurin products, the best way is to contact them directly: https://www.cellcurin.com/contact-us-new. You can pay by PayPal.
I also found a Korean website selling Cellcurin vials set and shipping overseas, but is more expensive.

I guess concentration is higher in vials but I didn't ask. They told me that efficacy is equal for both conditioning product, the only difference is the way to use it. They specified that for vials, penetration could be enhanced by dermarolling.
Maybe growth factors are encapsulated in liposome for "the bottle" not for the vials.(I didn't ask). Encapsulation is one of their technology::https://www.pnpbiopharm.com/skin-delivery

You can also find the clinical trials paper here:
https://www.oatext.com/Therapeutic-...-with-androgenetic-alopecia-a-split-study.php

I hope that my text is comprehensive. I'm not native English speaker.
Regards,

edit: I've intentionally modified my text and withdrawn the price of the product because I didn't know If I have the right to communicate it. But this product is affordable !

Last edited: