Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, but at this point, I feel side effects just a few min after applying.

At the moment I am trying to find a balance.

0,25% once a day is good for my líbido but not for my hair.

In the results, 0,25% twice a day is enough to regrowth hair, but I think is going to be too much for my libido. Not sure what to do

I'm in the same boat as you actually, I don't feel anything right after applying but I'm seeing anti-androgenic sides creep in at 2.5mg a day so I'm cutting back to 1.25mg. I have seen an improvement in hair thickness though, the stuff seems legit.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
since the sides with pyrilutamide must be dose dependent I wonder what makes someone prone to them so they get sides on half or even less than that of the dose where the plasma concentrations must be incredibly small compared to the trial yet there nobody has sexual side effects.

with finasteride okay, you take 1/4th of the dose and have 95% of the effect hair and systemic wise. with pyrilutamide you take 1/4th you still have a good chunk of the effect on hair but the systemic effect should be 1/4th and since the concentration with the 10mg a day was so low that all men in the study could tolerate it there must be something to it that gives so many people on reddit and here these side effects. the percentage is too large compared to the study

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you actually, I don't feel anything right after applying but I'm seeing anti-androgenic sides creep in at 2.5mg a day so I'm cutting back to 1.25mg. I have seen an improvement in hair thickness though, the stuff seems legit.
what are the anti androgenic sides? stuff like gyno or libido? not sure if you will see efficacy on 1.25mg. odd that people are reacting to it so differently.

its such a small amount if you think about it, for the covid and cancer trial they gave patients 300mg orally so the systemic effect should be an order of thousand lower with this drug. plus pyrilutamide is weaker than proxilutamide. of course people obviously get side effects on the latter but just to get an idea of the amount of anti androgenic activity. if 300mg proxy is used to silence most androgenic activity in the body then 10mg pyri topically is minuscule

Kaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
since the sides with pyrilutamide must be dose dependent I wonder what makes someone prone to them so they get sides on half or even less than that of the dose where the plasma concentrations must be incredibly small compared to the trial yet there nobody has sexual side effects.

with finasteride okay, you take 1/4th of the dose and have 95% of the effect hair and systemic wise. with pyrilutamide you take 1/4th you still have a good chunk of the effect on hair but the systemic effect should be 1/4th and since the concentration with the 10mg a day was so low that all men in the study could tolerate it there must be something to it that gives so many people on reddit and here these side effects. the percentage is too large compared to the study

I developed a crazy sensibility for the Finasteride worst side effects, in the span of 4 years.

I'm suspecting that people who are getting sides from pyri, probablyhad them with finasteride.

I had gyno, from literally absurdly small amount of finasteride. Like 0,02mg. I dropped the treatment because I can't rub that venom against my scalp for more than 3 or 4 days without getting sides. That made me think that... What if the body, in some people case, is the one that has an overreaction to the systemic hormonal changes? Like a receptor upregulation, but with T, I suppose, where the process of aromatization starts with the slightest of changes. I don't know, as if the body learned, and developed a reflex response, that it's not so dependant of the dose.

Just a thesis.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I developed a crazy sensibility for the Finasteride worst side effects, in the span of 4 years.

I'm suspecting that people who are getting sides from pyri, probablyhad them with finasteride.

I had gyno, from literally absurdly small amount of finasteride. Like 0,02mg. I dropped the treatment because I can't rub that venom against my scalp for more than 3 or 4 days without getting sides. That made me think that... What if the body, in some people case, is the one that has an overreaction to the systemic hormonal changes? Like a receptor upregulation, but with T, I suppose, where the process of aromatization starts with the slightest of changes. I don't know, as if the body learned, and developed a reflex response, that it's not so dependant of the dose.

Just a thesis.
so as far as the studies go, with 0.01mg there is no statistically significant change in DHT and thus most likely any other sex hormone after 12 months. It is hard for me to imagine that doubling that can take someone from no statistically significant inhibition at all to gyno inducing hormonal shift but I guess it can happen because its just statistical averages and some have higher some lower inhibition and sensitivity.

however I think I doesnt need to be the case that someone who gets sides from finasteride gets sides from pyrilutamide. e.g if someone is reliant on DHT or has little of it or is a heavy aromatiser finasteride can be really bad but small amounts of a topical AA could be fine because we dont really see an increase in estrogen there.

I dont know what you mean with up regulation, aromatization can start with the slightest changes I guess once you see a raise in testosterone.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what are the anti androgenic sides? stuff like gyno or libido? not sure if you will see efficacy on 1.25mg. odd that people are reacting to it so differently.

its such a small amount if you think about it, for the covid and cancer trial they gave patients 300mg orally so the systemic effect should be an order of thousand lower with this drug. plus pyrilutamide is weaker than proxilutamide. of course people obviously get side effects on the latter but just to get an idea of the amount of anti androgenic activity. if 300mg proxy is used to silence most androgenic activity in the body then 10mg pyri topically is minuscule

I got gyno from a very low finasteride dose (0.25mg EOD to every 3 days). Based on that I suspect I'd be more sensitive to anti-androgen treatments than most people. With pyri I'm getting a reduced sex drive and ball ache mainly.

You can't count anything out when it comes to anti-androgens, such a variance in reactions, some people tolerate finasteride perfectly and some people get fucked up by a tiny dose. And obviously on the forums it's the latter group that are the loudest.

Last edited:

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with this type of medication is that they cause heart failure

Kaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
so as far as the studies go, with 0.01mg there is no statistically significant change in DHT and thus most likely any other sex hormone after 12 months. It is hard for me to imagine that doubling that can take someone from no statistically significant inhibition at all to gyno inducing hormonal shift but I guess it can happen because its just statistical averages and some have higher some lower inhibition and sensitivity.

however I think I doesnt need to be the case that someone who gets sides from finasteride gets sides from pyrilutamide. e.g if someone is reliant on DHT or has little of it or is a heavy aromatiser finasteride can be really bad but small amounts of a topical AA could be fine because we dont really see an increase in estrogen there.

I dont know what you mean with up regulation, aromatization can start with the slightest changes I guess once you see a raise in testosterone.

I'm talking about a non proportional aromatisation. Like it's aromatising way more than should for the actual DHT level change.

I know it sounds hard to believe. But Finasteride can inhibit systemic DHT at 0.01mg TOPICAL... It's absurd, but gyno doesn't lie. Three aplications, x1 Eod, it's enough. Itch, tenderness... I was checked by a Dr. , and it wasn't nocebo.

I applied topical from age 21 to age 25, and I clearly developed a sensibility. Don't know if it's an increase in aromatization, or that my T absolute levels dropped from that age, and so lees T and more estrogen with aromatization.

My hormonal axis seems to be very efficient, or be functional in a very narrow bracket of values.

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with this type of medication is that they cause heart failure
again there is no evidence for heart failure with these kind of drugs.

there is no incidences of heart failure even with oral anti androgens. they used proxilutamide in their trials at 200mg orally. so lets say you use 10mg topically of pyrilutamide, that is 1/20th of the dose and topically so probably less than a hundredth and additionally proxilutamide is much stronger itself. so you are many hundred times weaker in anti androgenic action than the pills they use and these do not cause heart failure at all. the amount that gets in your blood is minuscule. there is just one fake report using RU on the internet and everybody went after it

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm talking about a non proportional aromatisation. Like it's aromatising way more than should for the actual DHT level change.

I know it sounds hard to believe. But Finasteride can inhibit systemic DHT at 0.01mg TOPICAL... It's absurd, but gyno doesn't lie. Three aplications, x1 Eod, it's enough. Itch, tenderness... I was checked by a Dr. , and it wasn't nocebo.

I applied topical from age 21 to age 25, and I clearly developed a sensibility. Don't know if it's an increase in aromatization, or that my T absolute levels dropped from that age, and so lees T and more estrogen with aromatization.

My hormonal axis seems to be very efficient, or be functional in a very narrow bracket of values.
I think that could only work if finasteride itself stimulates the aromatase enzyme so that all the increased testosterone gets all converted to estrogen.

> But Finasteride can inhibit systemic DHT at 0.01mg TOPICAL

this is of course bullshit. there are various studies using 0.01mg oral and DHT inhibition was not statistically significant to placebo. topical they used 0.1mg in the mazzarella study, they measured all sex hormones and have found no change. so there are two different kinds of evidence with doses 10-30 fold higher than what you are describing showing no changes in sex hormones, I appreciate your personal anecdote but 0.001% every third day topical is actually a laughable amount. thats 1/10th of the mazarella study where nobody saw DHT inhibition and that every third day. maybe you mixed up the decimals but at that point you might as well count actual finasteride molecules and dose them individually. but people claim to get gyno from weed or eating certain foods so gyno might be different reaction to ridiculous changes in estrogen. however I would challenge you to measure your estradiol before and during that regimen and id be very surprised if it increases at all outside of daily fluctuations. because that dose does not suppress DHT it cannot increase estrogen. because it can only increase estrogen by conversion of excess testosterone which you do not have when DHT does not change.

maybe a blood evaluation would be a good idea in general if you think your body reacts so severely too it. maybe you have baseline hormonal problems too. personally for example I have very high estrogen compared to testosterone and dht and thats an issue I think.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got gyno from a very low finasteride dose (0.25mg EOD to every 3 days). Based on that I suspect I'd be more sensitive to anti-androgen treatments than most people. With pyri I'm getting a reduced sex drive and ball ache mainly.

You can't count anything out when it comes to anti-androgens, such a variance in reactions, some people tolerate finasteride perfectly and some people get fucked up by a tiny dose. And obviously on the forums it's the latter group that are the loudest.
have you thought about cutting out the gyno tissue? I read from many people that got gyno then cut it out and then it never came back even back on a higher dose of finasteride. Sure the potential is there but I think there was even a study showing it rarely comes back when the surgery is well done

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you thought about cutting out the gyno tissue? I read from many people that got gyno then cut it out and then it never came back even back on a higher dose of finasteride. Sure the potential is there but I think there was even a study showing it rarely comes back when the surgery is well done
I had surgery to remove the gyno yeah. But it wasn't the only side effect I got from finasteride, as much as I wish I could handle it with no issues.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
again there is no evidence for heart failure with these kind of drugs.

there is no incidences of heart failure even with oral anti androgens. they used proxilutamide in their trials at 200mg orally. so lets say you use 10mg topically of pyrilutamide, that is 1/20th of the dose and topically so probably less than a hundredth and additionally proxilutamide is much stronger itself. so you are many hundred times weaker in anti androgenic action than the pills they use and these do not cause heart failure at all. the amount that gets in your blood is minuscule. there is just one fake report using RU on the internet and everybody went after it
Why are you so sure?

People notice chest pain with RU or Pyri. I had arrhythmias with finasteride. And with pyri I notice arrhythmias like those I noticed with finasteride.

I believe that with testosterone, the heart is stronger.

If you google anti-androgen treatment and heart disease, you will see many associated problems.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there should be more research on better vehicles than the compounds themselves. the ones in use rn are utter garbage and make zero use of modern technology its literally just alcohol like in 1980. no progress on compounds coupled with zero progress on the delivery mechanism results in an overall bad product development. which is pretty sad bc I think everyone could benefit from it, mostly people who get side effects but also efficacy can be improved with a better delivery mechanism. I dont see it happening however because there is little to no money to make there

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there should be more research on better vehicles than the compounds themselves. the ones in use rn are utter garbage and make zero use of modern technology its literally just alcohol like in 1980. no progress on compounds coupled with zero progress on the delivery mechanism results in an overall bad product development. which is pretty sad bc I think everyone could benefit from it, mostly people who get side effects but also efficacy can be improved with a better delivery mechanism. I dont see it happening however because there is little to no money to make there
If these labs can make (copy) pyril they can probably copy better vehicles.

How can we convince them to do that?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If these labs can make (copy) pyril they can probably copy better vehicles.

How can we convince them to do that?
so recently I think there has been quite some research on topical drug delivery and I read a paper from 2022 that goes over all of them recently. not sure I can find it. the problem with this is that while any pharmacist can probably make them its not like you can easily test what you get is actually the proper thing. a mistake in the process can f*** up the entire base in the vehicle and either make it impossible to penetrate or it just penetrates like alcohol and gives side effects. I think the best way to convince them is to make them a price offering. however these would all be individually made and thus quite expensive I imagine. a liposomal from the pharmacy already costs quite a lot and they usually make it for many people and have some kind of process set up. in case of pyrilutamide, the problem with compounding pharmacies is that they cant make it because the active drug is illegal for use.

"Nonetheless, dutasteride-ION application on skin also did not lead to drug penetration in the receptor compartment when Franz diffusion cells were used, and more meaningful, despite increasing dutasteride distribution in the stratum corneum and within the hair follicles, did not further increase dutasteride penetration in the remaining skin compared to the control solution"

"experiments did not detect finasteride in the receptor solution when the finasteride-ION permeation experiment was performed in Franz diffusion cells."

so there is a lot of info about how to make these things when you have the tools. I dont understand why no company is jumping in these studies, probably because there is not much money to be made. some are quite promising and they use Franz diffusion cells with human skin to check if the solution permeates the dermis and how much retention there is.

someone would need to dig through the studies and find out if it could work for pyrilutamide. (based on molecular size and charge etc, I dont know much about that). or ask a chemist. there was a guy on tressless recently who seemed in this area and had an idea for a vehicle and was searching for people to test it. but these things from the internet have never worked out..

then contact the lab if they could even do that. I assume if they can make the molecule they could make the solution as well if there is enough demand? again however, you'd need some kind of way to ensure that they are doing it right and that is probably not so trivial.

I personally think that it would be much more feasible to have significant progress in hair loss research by making things we already have work well instead of researching new chemicals. because ultimately the androgen receptor is the primary target and of course you can target anything downstream however there are so many pathways involved that it is extremely hard to achieve something meaningful and this has been shown over and over again through the failure of companies like samumed, follicum, histogen etc. all who tried to address pathways downstream that are ultimately altered by androgen receptor action.

then the question becomes though why Kintor with the funding they have would not make such a solution themselves. and maybe they have if they are so certain that there is no systemic action, maybe everyone is just using it without the proper vehicle. however id be surprised if that is so and if they aren't just using stupid ethanol pg. it will be really interesting once they have a phase 3 application in the US because then they will have to publish what vehicle they are using and how they prepare the whole thing. I hope its not ethanol. I think that'd be a lost opportunity but I can almost bet they are doing that because its cheap and seems to work well enough. however if you go the way of expensive trials, why not go the whole way... ethanol is such a dumb way to deliver a f*****g anti androgen to the skin only. they make super advanced PROTACs and then use alcohol to deliver them would be REALLY dumb.

in 2022 we have so many alternative options, from nano carriers to liposomal solutions in every variation, studies show it is possible to have 5* the drug in the skin with high retention and minimal diffusion past the dermis into the system so why not make use of that research. thats what I dont understand.

I think hasson and xylon went in the right direction however for the wrong reasons. also they made theirs stupid high in concentration and did not publish anything from the case studies to the actual vehicle because they are in it for the money and not scientific progress.

imagine a vehicle as described in these studies that combines dutasteride and some anti androgen and it has maximum local retention and minimal systemic impact, that would be better than anything a new company can come up with. or maybe its not even possible in vivo. I wouldn't know why though because the Franz diffusion cell literally uses human skin samples to make realistic. olix are also testing their iRNA molecule with this method. I think the future lies in proper delivery but I dont see anyone in industry getting serious enough about it at this point

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
so recently I think there has been quite some research on topical drug delivery and I read a paper from 2022 that goes over all of them recently. not sure I can find it. the problem with this is that while any pharmacist can probably make them its not like you can easily test what you get is actually the proper thing. a mistake in the process can f*** up the entire base in the vehicle and either make it impossible to penetrate or it just penetrates like alcohol and gives side effects. I think the best way to convince them is to make them a price offering. however these would all be individually made and thus quite expensive I imagine. a liposomal from the pharmacy already costs quite a lot and they usually make it for many people and have some kind of process set up. in case of pyrilutamide, the problem with compounding pharmacies is that they cant make it because the active drug is illegal for use.

"Nonetheless, dutasteride-ION application on skin also did not lead to drug penetration in the receptor compartment when Franz diffusion cells were used, and more meaningful, despite increasing dutasteride distribution in the stratum corneum and within the hair follicles, did not further increase dutasteride penetration in the remaining skin compared to the control solution"

"experiments did not detect finasteride in the receptor solution when the finasteride-ION permeation experiment was performed in Franz diffusion cells."

so there is a lot of info about how to make these things when you have the tools. I dont understand why no company is jumping in these studies, probably because there is not much money to be made. some are quite promising and they use Franz diffusion cells with human skin to check if the solution permeates the dermis and how much retention there is.

someone would need to dig through the studies and find out if it could work for pyrilutamide. (based on molecular size and charge etc, I dont know much about that). or ask a chemist. there was a guy on tressless recently who seemed in this area and had an idea for a vehicle and was searching for people to test it. but these things from the internet have never worked out..

then contact the lab if they could even do that. I assume if they can make the molecule they could make the solution as well if there is enough demand? again however, you'd need some kind of way to ensure that they are doing it right and that is probably not so trivial.

I personally think that it would be much more feasible to have significant progress in hair loss research by making things we already have work well instead of researching new chemicals. because ultimately the androgen receptor is the primary target and of course you can target anything downstream however there are so many pathways involved that it is extremely hard to achieve something meaningful and this has been shown over and over again through the failure of companies like samumed, follicum, histogen etc. all who tried to address pathways downstream that are ultimately altered by androgen receptor action.

then the question becomes though why Kintor with the funding they have would not make such a solution themselves. and maybe they have if they are so certain that there is no systemic action, maybe everyone is just using it without the proper vehicle. however id be surprised if that is so and if they aren't just using stupid ethanol pg. it will be really interesting once they have a phase 3 application in the US because then they will have to publish what vehicle they are using and how they prepare the whole thing. I hope its not ethanol. I think that'd be a lost opportunity but I can almost bet they are doing that because its cheap and seems to work well enough. however if you go the way of expensive trials, why not go the whole way... ethanol is such a dumb way to deliver a f*****g anti androgen to the skin only. they make super advanced PROTACs and then use alcohol to deliver them would be REALLY dumb.

in 2022 we have so many alternative options, from nano carriers to liposomal solutions in every variation, studies show it is possible to have 5* the drug in the skin with high retention and minimal diffusion past the dermis into the system so why not make use of that research. thats what I dont understand.

I think hasson and xylon went in the right direction however for the wrong reasons. also they made theirs stupid high in concentration and did not publish anything from the case studies to the actual vehicle because they are in it for the money and not scientific progress.

imagine a vehicle as described in these studies that combines dutasteride and some anti androgen and it has maximum local retention and minimal systemic impact, that would be better than anything a new company can come up with. or maybe its not even possible in vivo. I wouldn't know why though because the Franz diffusion cell literally uses human skin samples to make realistic. olix are also testing their iRNA molecule with this method. I think the future lies in proper delivery but I dont see anyone in industry getting serious enough about it at this point
This is why I think Kintor might be using a different vehicle.

Their first drug produced side effects. Their updated drug (reportedly) does not.

Do you know if you can buy a nano or liposomal vehicles? If we can, then theoretically one could purchase drugs like pyril in powder form and mix at home.

I don’t want to do that because I’m a little sceptical non-offical chemicals and I’m not a back yard chemist so mixing doesn’t come naturally.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
If someone who is taking piry analyzes his blood and the levels are the same as those in the study, it would not clarify if the problem is the vehicle?

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Hope111 I would like to test my blood. I will ask to my doctor if they can do that.

By other hand @badnewsbearer , if you find a right vehicle, any pharmacy from Andorra can manipulate Pyri and mixed with the vehicle.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I think Kintor might be using a different vehicle.

Their first drug produced side effects. Their updated drug (reportedly) does not.

Do you know if you can buy a nano or liposomal vehicles? If we can, then theoretically one could purchase drugs like pyril in powder form and mix at home.

I don’t want to do that because I’m a little sceptical non-offical chemicals and I’m not a back yard chemist so mixing doesn’t come naturally.
I bought topical liposomal finasteride last week. you need a pharmacy that makes it for you. just buying liposomes and mixing them together with the drug doesnt work. you want the molecule inside the liposomes otherwise it makes no sense. and so I think you need special equipment for it, no chance to mix this at home. where have you read that they updated their drug? I haven't seen that anywhere