Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, at this point, I think we already know that Pyri is very effective against alopecia, but that it produces strong sexual side effects.

I think the question now is: Why does Kintor claim that it has no side effects? Has he used a different vehicle or system, or has he tricked the results?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just want to chime in since it seems there' very one-sided feedback on this so far.

I started 31 days ago. 2x5mg Pyrilutamide per day. Actifolic.

I dropped dutasteride, RU, and Stemox for it. I'm down to Pyrilutamide and oral minoxidil (also 2x5mg per day). Off dutasteride for 45 days.

So far no shedding, although my scalp is rather irritated. Liquid panthenol every few days seems to take care that.

Also, dropping dutasteride gave me back my nightly boners.

No sides that I know of. I'm just impressed that Pyrilutamide seems to replace dutasteride and RU just fine with no further hairloss. I hope it stays that way. Some weaker new hairs in my temples that I got from oral minoxidil even seem to thicken up a bit.
thanks for this. it would not be unbelievable that someone has sides not detected in the studies however the implied density of them (basically almost everyone I have read from at least 70% claim sides) when the studies have not claimed any sexual or mental sides or ny serious sides at all is just absolutely ridiculous. either their results are doctored with or people are just very prone to nocebo OR its impure. I have no idea but it seems that the concentration of pyrilutamide is really extremely low in the blood compared to other more potent anti androgens and they are as said even more potent. makes no sense, they claim to be experts in androgen related conditions, they most certainly have people that can gauge how tolerable the systemic impact will be especially when applying for FDA in a time where sexual sides from finasteride is the first thing you find when you google hair loss drugs. their product would be comically shitty.

half the people claim it doesnt work the other half claims sides, completely different pictures than the studies. again reducing dose in contrast to finasteride makes a lot more sense as its side effect profile is likely not as dose INDEPENDENT as with finasteride. although I think using everyday is definitely needed maybe even twice a day but a lower dose twice a day could work better than higher dose once a day.

FerBecken

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record: 3 weeks in, 5mg/day. Actifolic. Monotherapy. No results yet but no sides either (usual morning boners - had crazy sex a couple of days ago). Took one picture today that I will share in a few months IF I get visible results.

Last edited:

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you guys know if it's the legit product ? Anyhow if it is true then it seems topical finasteride/min is our safest option, lol.

I think we need to wait for real product and trial results.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testing any topical anti-androgen:

Facial hair has the opposite reaction to androgens compared to scalp hair. The adrogens boost hair growth on the face.

Apply the drug to one side of your facial hair for a few days in a row. (Use a shaved area of skin, not a grown-out beard.) If the facial hair growth is not being retarded on that side by the drug, then it's not doing much to block androgens. The reason to test only one side of your face is to have a "control" side to compare it with.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you guys know if it's the legit product ? Anyhow if it is true then it seems topical finasteride/min is our safest option, lol.

I think we need to wait for real product and trial results.
This is the million dollar question.

Kintor have spoken publicly about how their first drug produced side effects.

How would we know if artifolic aren’t making those same mistakes, or if it is to do with the vehicle they use.

Kintor probably have much deeper pockets (more money) than artifolic.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe wait for phase 3 which should release soon and has a much bigger sample size and if approved maybe they will publish some info on the vehicle. I think if they do application in us with FDA the vehicle will be documented. with finasteride there is an extensive report e.g

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record: 3 weeks in, 5mg/day. Actifolic. Monotherapy. No results yet but no sides either (usual morning boners - had crazy sex a couple of days ago). Took one picture today that I will share in a few months IF I get visible results.
did you have sides on finasteride?

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe wait for phase 3 which should release soon and has a much bigger sample size and if approved maybe they will publish some info on the vehicle. I think if they do application in us with FDA the vehicle will be documented. with finasteride there is an extensive report e.g
Good point

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link to when / where this data will be made made available?

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pyrilutamide seems to replace dutasteride and RU just fine with no further hairloss.
Too early to say after just 31 days because it should take months after stopping dutasteride for the effects to wear off. It's not like minoxidil where if someone stops they very quickly start a monster shed.
Pyri targets the same sh*t as RU, but is much more effective, so definitely is a good replacement for that. I hope pyri alone will be enough for maintenance but if not you can always use it in combination with dutasteride/finasteride as they're complementary.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm adjusting my dose. I'm using 0.5ml 0.5% once a day (that would be like 0.25% once a day), and I'm keeping my libido at 85-90%.

Can someone tell me which is more effective in the Kintor studies, 0.25% twice a day, or 0.5% once a day?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm adjusting my dose. I'm using 0.5ml 0.5% once a day (that would be like 0.25% once a day), and I'm keeping my libido at 85-90%.

Can someone tell me which is more effective in the Kintor studies, 0.25% twice a day, or 0.5% once a day?

here is their poster. it seems they are quite equal in hair count however in personal and professional assessments 5% once seems a bit better but hard to say with such a small sample. I think they are probably quite equal

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw @Modill there it states that after 2 weeks pyr and metabolites reached steady state meaning that after that, no further accumulation of the drug and its metabolite occurred

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw @Modill there it states that after 2 weeks pyr and metabolites reached steady state meaning that after that, no further accumulation of the drug and its metabolite occurred
I know, but at this point, I feel side effects just a few min after applying.

At the moment I am trying to find a balance.

0,25% once a day is good for my líbido but not for my hair.

In the results, 0,25% twice a day is enough to regrowth hair, but I think is going to be too much for my libido. Not sure what to do

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I you feel them a few minutes after applying then we have identified that it is placebo. because that is neither enough for penetration and certainly not enough to find and bind to any androgen receptor especially outside of the skin cells of your scalp and ceertainly not enough to affect bioproteinsynthesis in the cells that affect your libido. even taking it orally would take hours and hours to show any effects. how do you know 0.25% is not enough for your hair? its not like you have been trialing that for a good period of time.

think about it this way. the difference between 0.5% twice and once a day is not that great and the difference between 0.25% twice and 0.5% once is not that great either. so it is plausible that 0.25% is somewhat effective as well. you could potentially combine it with a low dose of CB or fluridil or try some dose in between like 0.2% twice or anything that you can tolerate. the dosing does not have to be discrete in that regard.

also maybe just try it a bit longer, libido might just came back, certainly dont believe it can be affected "a few min after applying", you are not taking coke

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I you feel them a few minutes after applying then we have identified that it is placebo. because that is neither enough for penetration and certainly not enough to find and bind to any androgen receptor especially outside of the skin cells of your scalp and ceertainly not enough to affect bioproteinsysthesis in the cells that affect your libido. even taking it orally would take hours and hours to show any effects. how do you know 0.25% is not enough for your hair? its not like you have been trialing that for a good period of time.

think about it this way. the difference between 0.5% twice and once a day is not that great and the difference between 0.25% twice and 0.5% once is not that great either. so it is plausible that 0.25% is somewhat effective as well. you could potentially combine it with a low dose of CB or fluridil or try some dose in between like 0.2% twice or anything that you can tolerate. the dosing does not have to be discrete in that regard.

also maybe just try it a bit longer, libido might just came back, certainly dont believe it can be affected "a few min after applying", you are not taking coke
He might be taking coke ‍♂️

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not a placebo effect. Last night 30 minutes after applying 0.5ml my stomach started to hurt as if it were poisoning. This is the second time that happens to me.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not a placebo effect. Last night 30 minutes after applying 0.5ml my stomach started to hurt as if it were poisoning. This is the second time that happens to me.
I dont think pharmacy grade pyrilutamide should give you stomach burning. maybe try a different supplier I heard someone on reddit say they had different experiences with different suppliers. or just try a different drug like CB at this point and wait for pharmacy grade pyrilutamide. it could be that you get stomach pain that fast but not from the anti androgenic effect of the drug but because there is some other weird stuff mixed in and in that case you should be careful anyway. however it'd be strange that you did not have that during the 6 weeks previously