Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there going to be an oral version of this? If not, then when can we expect the topical solution to be available on the market? Also, is it true it can stop loss and thicken existing hair(make it look healthier and more full) like propecia does for users?

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are these examples? They definitely aren’t here or on Reddit. In fact it’s highly rare to see somebody getting results using RU alone.
Trust me guys I wish it worked. I’ve used it in many different forms myself and it did absolutely nothing.
You are getting RU on the blackmarket. That means it is not made in accordance with the exact specifications of the actual drug company that owns it and would market it. And the people who make the blackmarket RU keep it stored, and if you don't store it exactly correct it will lose potency. Plus, the powder has to be formulated into a liquid topical perfectly in order to keep it's potency.

Blackmarket RU is not the same as RU would be if it was mass-marketed by a major drug company.

All of this taken together means that just because blackmarket RU does not work that does not prove Kintor's anti-androgen will not work.

lolok

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there going to be an oral version of this? If not, then when can we expect the topical solution to be available on the market? Also, is it true it can stop loss and thicken existing hair(make it look healthier and more full) like propecia does for users?
No chance this going to be oral. If you take an anti-androgen orally it will obviously go systemic. We don't want that. As I understand it, that's basically turning it into a transitioning medication for people who want to change their gender.

As for your other question, we are just waiting for the Phase 2 results to be released to judge whether or not this is an effective medication or not. Can't answer that yet.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would destroy your balls and transition you quickly

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why on earth would they spend the money to develop a new topical drug when the results are comparable to an existing oral pill?

After all, the oral pill has essentially no side-effect problem, right? Isn't that what the Finasteride research says?

This is why I get so frustrated when grown intelligent adults keep denying Finasteride's common side-effect problem. That mistaken idea isn't only annoying. It has been VERY HARMFUL to us. We could have all been using commercial RU for the last 15+ years already. (That means real RU, not some counterfeit unstable junk from a Chinese meth lab.)
There is almost no doubt in my mind that RU is more harmful on average then finasteride and no where near as effective long-term. That is why it wasn't developed fully, because it wouldn't touch finasteride on the market, just like Kintor's pryalutamide is not going to replace finasteride either.

There is just enough fear mongering about finasteride on the internet to lead the market for a weaker topical to grow significantly since RU trials in the early 2000s.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are getting RU on the blackmarket. That means it is not made in accordance with the exact specifications of the actual drug company that owns it and would market it. And the people who make the blackmarket RU keep it stored, and if you don't store it exactly correct it will lose potency. Plus, the powder has to be formulated into a liquid topical perfectly in order to keep it's potency.

Blackmarket RU is not the same as RU would be if it was mass-marketed by a major drug company.

All of this taken together means that just because blackmarket RU does not work that does not prove Kintor's anti-androgen will not work.
I never said Kintors anti androgen won’t work… and in an earlier post I said the same thing about RU. But when we talk about efficacy of RU we are talking about the stuff made by basement Chinese labs not the stuff expertly produced for clinical trials - why does it matter that under perfect settings if it was produced by a pharmaceutical company it would work? It’s not like any of us have access to quality RU. I’m sure if it was produced by a proper pharmaceutical company there would be some results, no doubts about that.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this was your point or not, but are you saying that since non-pharmaceutical grade drugs in general are not as effective, we shouldn't take the reports from people who've already bought pyrilutamide as complete proof? Since it might not be as potent as when it's released by the company itself?

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
No chance this going to be oral. If you take an anti-androgen orally it will obviously go systemic. We don't want that. As I understand it, that's basically turning it into a transitioning medication for people who want to change their gender.

As for your other question, we are just waiting for the Phase 2 results to be released to judge whether or not this is an effective medication or not. Can't answer that yet.

Would destroy your balls and transition you quickly
Thanks guys, lol, I don't want to destroy my balls. I'm hoping this is as effective as finesterade and comes out by early 2023 or earlier if possible. At same time I'm considering taking finesterade as im losing too much scalp hair. But scared due to the fear mongering about permanent effects with the whole pfs thing. Side effects on the medication won't scare me imo. But I gotta take the risk soon, balding sucks.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, lol, I don't want to destroy my balls. I'm hoping this is as effective as finesterade and comes out by early 2023 or earlier if possible. At same time I'm considering taking finesterade as im losing too much scalp hair. But scared due to the fear mongering about permanent effects with the whole pfs thing. Side effects on the medication won't scare me imo. But I gotta take the risk soon, balding sucks.
There’s no point waiting a whole year hoping that this comes out and that it works. It’s easier to save hair than regrow. Hop on finasteride now.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is almost no doubt in my mind that RU is more harmful on average then finasteride and no where near as effective long-term. That is why it wasn't developed fully, because it wouldn't touch finasteride on the market, just like Kintor's pryalutamide is not going to replace finasteride either.

From what I recall about the RU research, it gets converted into a pretty harmless metabolite immediately. There's no comparison between the potential hormonal effects of that, versus the clear indisputable effects of taking the oral 5ar drugs.

There is just enough fear mongering about finasteride on the internet to lead the market for a weaker topical to grow significantly since RU trials in the early 2000s.

The hair loss forums in the 2000s were full of guys struggling with Finasteride side effects. The conversations sound just like today. Sorry about that but it's true. The internet doesn't lie. The old forum data is archived.

BTW those guys on the forums 15+ years ago were getting black-market batches of RU, just like today. They had inconsistent results from inconsistent quality RU, just like today. None of this stuff is new.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I recall about the RU research, it gets converted into a pretty harmless metabolite immediately. There's no comparison between the potential hormonal effects of that, versus the clear indisputable effects of taking the oral 5ar drugs.

The hair loss forums in the 2000s were full of guys struggling with Finasteride side effects. The conversations sound just like today. Sorry about that but it's true. The internet doesn't lie. The old forum data is archived.

BTW those guys on the forums 15+ years ago were getting black-market batches of RU, just like today. They had inconsistent results from inconsistent quality RU, just like today. None of this stuff is new.
Did you really just say "the internet doesn't lie"? I have some terrible news for you my friend.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you really just say "the internet doesn't lie"? I have some terrible news for you my friend.

Congratulations, keyboard warrior. You exploited my poor choice of words. I was thinking "The internet doesn't forget" when I wrote that.

So.... how many guys do you think have stopped getting Finasteride side effects, because you out-maneuvered me there?

You cannot debate away a medical problem. Reality doesn't work like that.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations, keyboard warrior. You exploited my poor choice of words. I was thinking "The internet doesn't forget" when I wrote that.

So.... how many guys do you think have stopped getting Finasteride side effects, because you out-maneuvered me there?

You cannot debate away a medical problem. Reality doesn't work like that.
No but you can abstract one to be as great of a problem as you imagine it to be by not actually recognizing the sample & selection bias of the people who are reporting it. I'm not debating that people have side effects from finasteride because all drugs have side effects, I'm just saying that what you are doing right now is exactly why double blinded trials are a staple of drug development.

You're relying on anecdotal evidence to claim one clinically tested drug is more safe then one that has 0 published human data when the clinically tested drug is quantifiably safe in the majority of users.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No but you can abstract one to be as great of a problem as you imagine it to be by not actually recognizing the sample & selection bias of the people who are reporting it. I'm not debating that people have side effects from finasteride because all drugs have side effects, I'm just saying that what you are doing right now is exactly why double blinded trials are a staple of drug development.

Sometimes a big pile of expensive research by competent people turns out to be wrong. It happens. The smartest thing we can do is trust research as a general rule but be open to the possibility of error.

Suppose, hypothetically, that Finasteride DID have a widespread side effect incidence (like 25% or more). What would that situation look like? The forum chatter, attempts to find alternative options, etc . . . . I'd guess that it would look exactly like the last 20 years.

Remember, the research didn't say that 2% of users got side effects severe enough to quit the drug. Their figure included temporary ball aches. Sore nipples. Headaches & mood. Temporary sexual side effects. Watery semen. Persistent sexual side effects that weren't severe. Etc. ALL OF IT has to fit inside the 2%.

The group who actually quit the drug would have been way smaller than 2%. Does your gut instinct buy that?

Do these tiny side effect rates sound plausible for any drug that alters the balance of sex hormones in any way? How does that compare to other drugs that alter the sex hormone profile in humans, like female birth control for example?

The Finasteride side effect data is simply not credible IMO.

You're relying on anecdotal evidence to claim one clinically tested drug is more safe then one that has 0 published human data when the clinically tested drug is quantifiably safe in the majority of users.

This is the forum for experimental research topics. If you wanna talk about drug safety in the regulatory-approved sense, there are other forums for it. We all know that RU doesn't have FDA approval and Finasteride does.

I'm willing to consider indirect evidence as well as direct & clinical trials. It makes the picture a lot more complicated but sometimes it explains reality better.

Last edited:

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor Pharma Announces First Patient Dosing in Phase II Clinical Trial of KX-826 for Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Patients in the US

"Suzhou, March 1, 2022 - Kintor Pharmaceutical Limited (“Kintor Pharma,” HKEX: 9939), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative small molecules and biological therapeutics, today announced the first patient dosing in its phase II clinical trial of KX-826 ("pyrilutamide") in the US for the treatment of male androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) patients on February 28, 2022.

Androgenetic Alopecia is the most common type of hair loss affecting 50-60 million men and 30-35 million women in the US, but there are few therapeutic options. So, a safer and more effective drug is in urgent need to address the concerns for the people suffering from hair loss.

Dr. Youzhi Tong, founder, Chairman and CEO of Kintor Pharma, commented, " As a topical AR antagonist, KX-826’s phase I and phase Ib clinical trials in the US have demonstrated a preliminary positive safety, pharmacokinetics and tolerability profile in dosing frequency. KX-826 has showed good efficacy and safety profile in the phase II clinical trial in China for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia male patients. We look forward to accelerating the clinical process of KX-826 and benefiting more people suffering from hair loss in China and globally.”"

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor Pharma Announces First Patient Dosing in Phase II Clinical Trial of KX-826 for Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Patients in the US

"Suzhou, March 1, 2022 - Kintor Pharmaceutical Limited (“Kintor Pharma,” HKEX: 9939), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative small molecules and biological therapeutics, today announced the first patient dosing in its phase II clinical trial of KX-826 ("pyrilutamide") in the US for the treatment of male androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) patients on February 28, 2022.

Androgenetic Alopecia is the most common type of hair loss affecting 50-60 million men and 30-35 million women in the US, but there are few therapeutic options. So, a safer and more effective drug is in urgent need to address the concerns for the people suffering from hair loss.

Dr. Youzhi Tong, founder, Chairman and CEO of Kintor Pharma, commented, " As a topical AR antagonist, KX-826’s phase I and phase Ib clinical trials in the US have demonstrated a preliminary positive safety, pharmacokinetics and tolerability profile in dosing frequency. KX-826 has showed good efficacy and safety profile in the phase II clinical trial in China for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia male patients. We look forward to accelerating the clinical process of KX-826 and benefiting more people suffering from hair loss in China and globally.”"
Still no results...
I do not understand why from a business standpoint. As their Covid medicine dropped their market value. Having a good Phase II result for hairloss could improve this vastly.

Guess we have to wait a bit longer