Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're wrong. There are at least 3 very good studies in macaques which, as we well know, is a highly predictive model of efficacy in humans. One of them even investigated the efficacy of RU58841 in the long term with good results.

We have second-phase clinical trials that, according to Prostrakan, were successful and compared the efficacy of RU with that of Finasteride.

It was not commercialized because the patent was about to expire and the executives of the pharmaceutical company expected, like many of you, that it would cause "dramatic" regrowth results.

As for the anecdotal experience, i used it for years and it worked very well. I had been using dutasteride for a long time but got some thickening by adding RU to the arsenal.
We never saw data from the trial on humans and we have no official reason for why it never made it further.
Studies on monkeys are good but to know how effective a treatment truly is it requires large high quality clinical studies on people. There are lots of treatments that have grown hair on animals and some that even looked promising until reaching stage 3 clinical trials. If we took the animal studies as conclusive we would expect results similar to finasteride from RU yet so many people have tried it and haven’t experienced that. Like I said before it’s hard to evaluate somethings efficacy if you’re using multiple treatments. I don’t deny that I could be wrong about RU, I just haven’t seen much that shows it to really work. That’s why anyone creating photo logs is super useful for everyone.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys had me worried when I checked up on this thread. When you were talking about "it not working," I thought you were talking about pyrilutamide, not RU. (That would make sense for this thread after all.)

I figured that an above user had tried pyrilutamide before it was approved, and was reporting on its lack of success. I thought this may have been the case because for some reason I thought it was one of those drugs that's already used for other purposes besides hair loss, and is available for people to try on their hair after getting it prescribed for an alternative condition. But I don't think this is true, I don't believe the drug is available anywhere yet.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys had me worried when I checked up on this thread. When you were talking about "it not working," I thought you were talking about pyrilutamide, not RU. (That would make sense for this thread after all.)

I figured that an above user had tried pyrilutamide before it was approved, and was reporting on its lack of success. I thought this may have been the case because for some reason I thought it was one of those drugs that's already used for other purposes besides hair loss, and is available for people to try on their hair after getting it prescribed for an alternative condition. But I don't think this is true, I don't believe the drug is available anywhere yet.
It’s not available officially yet but there have been a few group buys. Hopefully in a few months people that participated in those might have some results to share.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not available officially yet but there have been a few group buys. Hopefully in a few months people that participated in those might have some results to share.
How long ago did these group buys take place?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We never saw data from the trial on humans and we have no official reason for why it never made it further.

Why on earth would they spend the money to develop a new topical drug when the results are comparable to an existing oral pill?

After all, the oral pill has essentially no side-effect problem, right? Isn't that what the Finasteride research says?

This is why I get so frustrated when grown intelligent adults keep denying Finasteride's common side-effect problem. That mistaken idea isn't only annoying. It has been VERY HARMFUL to us. We could have all been using commercial RU for the last 15+ years already. (That means real RU, not some counterfeit unstable junk from a Chinese meth lab.)

Last edited:

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long ago did these group buys take place?
The last group buy I saw ended in December I think, with people expecting to receive their order in February. There was some kind of delay with synthesis though so I don’t know if the participants have got theirs yet. Group buys are going on all the time though. The one I’m talking about had a lot of participants though so I’d hope we’d get at least a few anecdotes from it.

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there going to be an oral version of this? If not, then when can we expect the topical solution to be available on the market? Also, is it true it can stop loss and thicken existing hair(make it look healthier and more full) like propecia does for users?

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are these examples? They definitely aren’t here or on Reddit. In fact it’s highly rare to see somebody getting results using RU alone.
Trust me guys I wish it worked. I’ve used it in many different forms myself and it did absolutely nothing.
You are getting RU on the blackmarket. That means it is not made in accordance with the exact specifications of the actual drug company that owns it and would market it. And the people who make the blackmarket RU keep it stored, and if you don't store it exactly correct it will lose potency. Plus, the powder has to be formulated into a liquid topical perfectly in order to keep it's potency.

Blackmarket RU is not the same as RU would be if it was mass-marketed by a major drug company.

All of this taken together means that just because blackmarket RU does not work that does not prove Kintor's anti-androgen will not work.

lolok

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there going to be an oral version of this? If not, then when can we expect the topical solution to be available on the market? Also, is it true it can stop loss and thicken existing hair(make it look healthier and more full) like propecia does for users?
No chance this going to be oral. If you take an anti-androgen orally it will obviously go systemic. We don't want that. As I understand it, that's basically turning it into a transitioning medication for people who want to change their gender.

As for your other question, we are just waiting for the Phase 2 results to be released to judge whether or not this is an effective medication or not. Can't answer that yet.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would destroy your balls and transition you quickly

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why on earth would they spend the money to develop a new topical drug when the results are comparable to an existing oral pill?

After all, the oral pill has essentially no side-effect problem, right? Isn't that what the Finasteride research says?

This is why I get so frustrated when grown intelligent adults keep denying Finasteride's common side-effect problem. That mistaken idea isn't only annoying. It has been VERY HARMFUL to us. We could have all been using commercial RU for the last 15+ years already. (That means real RU, not some counterfeit unstable junk from a Chinese meth lab.)
There is almost no doubt in my mind that RU is more harmful on average then finasteride and no where near as effective long-term. That is why it wasn't developed fully, because it wouldn't touch finasteride on the market, just like Kintor's pryalutamide is not going to replace finasteride either.

There is just enough fear mongering about finasteride on the internet to lead the market for a weaker topical to grow significantly since RU trials in the early 2000s.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are getting RU on the blackmarket. That means it is not made in accordance with the exact specifications of the actual drug company that owns it and would market it. And the people who make the blackmarket RU keep it stored, and if you don't store it exactly correct it will lose potency. Plus, the powder has to be formulated into a liquid topical perfectly in order to keep it's potency.

Blackmarket RU is not the same as RU would be if it was mass-marketed by a major drug company.

All of this taken together means that just because blackmarket RU does not work that does not prove Kintor's anti-androgen will not work.
I never said Kintors anti androgen won’t work… and in an earlier post I said the same thing about RU. But when we talk about efficacy of RU we are talking about the stuff made by basement Chinese labs not the stuff expertly produced for clinical trials - why does it matter that under perfect settings if it was produced by a pharmaceutical company it would work? It’s not like any of us have access to quality RU. I’m sure if it was produced by a proper pharmaceutical company there would be some results, no doubts about that.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if this was your point or not, but are you saying that since non-pharmaceutical grade drugs in general are not as effective, we shouldn't take the reports from people who've already bought pyrilutamide as complete proof? Since it might not be as potent as when it's released by the company itself?

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
No chance this going to be oral. If you take an anti-androgen orally it will obviously go systemic. We don't want that. As I understand it, that's basically turning it into a transitioning medication for people who want to change their gender.

As for your other question, we are just waiting for the Phase 2 results to be released to judge whether or not this is an effective medication or not. Can't answer that yet.

Would destroy your balls and transition you quickly
Thanks guys, lol, I don't want to destroy my balls. I'm hoping this is as effective as finesterade and comes out by early 2023 or earlier if possible. At same time I'm considering taking finesterade as im losing too much scalp hair. But scared due to the fear mongering about permanent effects with the whole pfs thing. Side effects on the medication won't scare me imo. But I gotta take the risk soon, balding sucks.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, lol, I don't want to destroy my balls. I'm hoping this is as effective as finesterade and comes out by early 2023 or earlier if possible. At same time I'm considering taking finesterade as im losing too much scalp hair. But scared due to the fear mongering about permanent effects with the whole pfs thing. Side effects on the medication won't scare me imo. But I gotta take the risk soon, balding sucks.
There’s no point waiting a whole year hoping that this comes out and that it works. It’s easier to save hair than regrow. Hop on finasteride now.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is almost no doubt in my mind that RU is more harmful on average then finasteride and no where near as effective long-term. That is why it wasn't developed fully, because it wouldn't touch finasteride on the market, just like Kintor's pryalutamide is not going to replace finasteride either.

From what I recall about the RU research, it gets converted into a pretty harmless metabolite immediately. There's no comparison between the potential hormonal effects of that, versus the clear indisputable effects of taking the oral 5ar drugs.

There is just enough fear mongering about finasteride on the internet to lead the market for a weaker topical to grow significantly since RU trials in the early 2000s.

The hair loss forums in the 2000s were full of guys struggling with Finasteride side effects. The conversations sound just like today. Sorry about that but it's true. The internet doesn't lie. The old forum data is archived.

BTW those guys on the forums 15+ years ago were getting black-market batches of RU, just like today. They had inconsistent results from inconsistent quality RU, just like today. None of this stuff is new.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I recall about the RU research, it gets converted into a pretty harmless metabolite immediately. There's no comparison between the potential hormonal effects of that, versus the clear indisputable effects of taking the oral 5ar drugs.

The hair loss forums in the 2000s were full of guys struggling with Finasteride side effects. The conversations sound just like today. Sorry about that but it's true. The internet doesn't lie. The old forum data is archived.

BTW those guys on the forums 15+ years ago were getting black-market batches of RU, just like today. They had inconsistent results from inconsistent quality RU, just like today. None of this stuff is new.
Did you really just say "the internet doesn't lie"? I have some terrible news for you my friend.