Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s too many variables to get any definitive idea online of if RU58841 works. First of all most people are buying it from the same few vendors who could be selling old/underdosed/something completely different to RU58841. This isn’t an approved pharmaceutical so there’s no standardisation of anything. On top of that people are applying it in different vehicles, storing it in different ways and using it at different intervals. On top of that the few people claiming it works are people already using finasteride and minoxidil to further complicate things. Many people are just dumping it in minoxidil bottles yet we don’t know if these compounds react or not. I think it’s a complete waste of money to be honest, I like MPMD but as previously mentioned he has affiliate links to these companies also, so even his results are questionable (and even he is using finasteride now). On top of that we have exactly 0 human studies available to us to show its effectiveness/safety. Oh and I used it personally before anyone asks and it did nothing for me.
Tbh, if you look on the Good Looking Loser forum. You'll see his account (just) before he started YouTube. He mentions that since he used RU (per recommendation of Chris, the admin) he barely loses any hair with it anymore while blasting steroids.
So the whole affiliate link is just a BS story imo. You'll see him log about how he experiments with Tren and Mast and still barely loses hair. Even when he was -5K followers he was an big promoter on RU58841. He has an amazing before after as well that is well logged.
There is no reason to not believe him.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s too many variables to get any definitive idea online of if RU58841 works. First of all most people are buying it from the same few vendors who could be selling old/underdosed/something completely different to RU58841. This isn’t an approved pharmaceutical so there’s no standardisation of anything. On top of that people are applying it in different vehicles, storing it in different ways and using it at different intervals. On top of that the few people claiming it works are people already using finasteride and minoxidil to further complicate things. Many people are just dumping it in minoxidil bottles yet we don’t know if these compounds react or not. I think it’s a complete waste of money to be honest, I like MPMD but as previously mentioned he has affiliate links to these companies also, so even his results are questionable (and even he is using finasteride now). On top of that we have exactly 0 human studies available to us to show its effectiveness/safety. Oh and I used it personally before anyone asks and it did nothing for me.
Lots of people have results with RU, the people saying otherwise are the people who craft their opinions without taking into account the bias of the posts that claim lack of results. Most people turn to RU out of desperation when finasteride and dutasteride are not working anymore, expect miracles and like you said, have a million variables including their own consistency that go into it's efficacy.

There are enough examples of people who only use RU and get visible results to know that it does work in some capacity. I just don't think it's strong enough to move the needle for the people who need it the most and have exhausted other options.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of people have results with RU, the people saying otherwise are the people who craft their opinions without taking into account the bias of the posts that claim lack of results. Most people turn to RU out of desperation when finasteride and dutasteride are not working anymore, expect miracles and like you said, have a million variables including their own consistency that go into it's efficacy.

There are enough examples of people who only use RU and get visible results to know that it does work in some capacity. I just don't think it's strong enough to move the needle for the people who need it the most and have exhausted other options.
I am trying a RU regiment now for at least one year. I use steroifs as well so jt should be more effective (based on anectodatl reports). I will update this threas

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh, if you look on the Good Looking Loser forum. You'll see his account (just) before he started YouTube. He mentions that since he used RU (per recommendation of Chris, the admin) he barely loses any hair with it anymore while blasting steroids.
So the whole affiliate link is just a BS story imo. You'll see him log about how he experiments with Tren and Mast and still barely loses hair. Even when he was -5K followers he was an big promoter on RU58841. He has an amazing before after as well that is well logged.
There is no reason to not believe him.
Yeah RU worked so well for him that he no longer uses it and had to get a hair transplant…

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Where are these examples? They definitely aren’t here or on Reddit. In fact it’s highly rare to see somebody getting results using RU alone.
Trust me guys I wish it worked. I’ve used it in many different forms myself and it did absolutely nothing.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are these examples? They definitely aren’t here or on Reddit. In fact it’s highly rare to see somebody getting results using RU alone.
Trust me guys I wish it worked. I’ve used it in many different forms myself and it did absolutely nothing.
Trust him guys, he used it himself and it didn't work so it doesn't work for anyone ever.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trust him guys, he used it himself and it didn't work so it doesn't work for anyone ever.
I’m still waiting for you to link me results. Why don’t you post your results with it? If you read my post I’m not saying people should trust my results, I’m saying they should trust the fact I have no reason to say negative things about the drug. I wanted it to work and experimented with it for 2 years.
Remember people, RU is so effective that it never even made it to published human clinical trials. In fact it’s so effective that the people reporting success with it happen to also be using finasteride and minoxidil which combined treats hairloss in the vast majority of people.
The only evidence we have of it working is in mice and macaques - hardly great evidence…

Last edited:
Reactions: 300

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah RU worked so well for him that he no longer uses it and had to get a hair transplant…
He still uses it and did not get a hair transplant.
Besides that, you miss the point what I am saying here at all.
You latter point is there are no RU-only results. This is also not true.
I am on a Dutch hairlossforum as well and a couple users posted good results with RU only. Some with pictures.
I seem to understand how this forum works more and more (not really a constructive and happy place where somebody would change their minds in a insightful discussion) so I take it that you'll probably don't find this all very important or change your mind.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for you to link me results. Why don’t you post your results with it? If you read my post I’m not saying people should trust my results, I’m saying they should trust the fact I have no reason to say negative things about the drug. I wanted it to work and experimented with it for 2 years.
Remember people, RU is so effective that it never even made it to published human clinical trials. In fact it’s so effective that the people reporting success with it happen to also be using finasteride and minoxidil which combined treats hairloss in the vast majority of people.
He still uses it and did not get a hair transplant.
Besides that, you miss the point what I am saying here at all.
You latter point is there are no RU-only results. This is also not true.
I am on a Dutch hairlossforum as well and a couple users posted good results with RU only. Some with pictures.
I seem to understand how this forum works more and more (not really a constructive and happy place where somebody would change their minds in a insightful discussion) so I take it that you'll probably don't find this all very important or change your mind.
I’d love to be wrong on this actually. Good looking loser did a podcast not that long ago with MPMD who asked him what his current protocol was he said only keto shampoo as he got a hair transplant. I’ll try find the link later.
I’m not on any Dutch forum but can you link these results you’re talking about? I’m sceptical as usually anyone that has reliable results from any of the more experimental treatments usually ends up with those results getting posted here as they are few and far between. If you’re experimenting with RU yourself definitely take pictures for comparison. Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
Edit:
In this video GLL says he only uses Nizoral and Laser Cap after having 3 hairloss procedures. Hardly a RU success story. I remember being severely disappointed when I heard this.

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dudes, RU is just an androgen receptor blocker with preclinical data (good monkey data, showing long term efficacy), human clinical studies, and TONS of anecdotes. Its efficacy lays somewhere between finasteride and dutasteride. Its funny to hear newbies saying "but we dont have success stories bla bla..." Its a maintenance drug! Just to stop or slow down your hairloss.

Stacked with ARI meds like finasteride or dutasteride is effective as f***. Its a weapon that fits well for prevention, something that doesnt quite sell for NW3+. Those should wait for Stemson or DoNovo.

Last edited:

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dudes, RU is just an androgen receptor blocker with preclinical data (good monkey data, showing long term efficacy), human clinical studies, and TONS of anecdotes. Its efficacy lays somewhere between finasteride and dutasteride. Its funny to hear newbies saying "but we dont have success stories bla bla..." Its a maintenance drug! Just to stop or slow down your hairloss.

Stacked with ARI meds like finasteride or dutasteride is effective as f***. Its a weapon that fits well for prevention, something that doesnt quite sell for NW3+. Those should wait for Stemson or DoNovo.
Where are these success stories?
I used it for maintenance and it didn’t even do that for me. If it was as effective as you claim there would be way more success stories with photos showing dramatic changes. There aren’t many good studies also. Mostly on mice and one on monkeys - hardly overwhelming evidence when you consider that lots of drugs have shown promising results in animal models.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d love to be wrong on this actually. Good looking loser did a podcast not that long ago with MPMD who asked him what his current protocol was he said only keto shampoo as he got a hair transplant. I’ll try find the link later.
I’m not on any Dutch forum but can you link these results you’re talking about? I’m sceptical as usually anyone that has reliable results from any of the more experimental treatments usually ends up with those results getting posted here as they are few and far between. If you’re experimenting with RU yourself definitely take pictures for comparison. Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
Edit:
In this video GLL says he only uses Nizoral and Laser Cap after having 3 hairloss procedures. Hardly a RU success story. I remember being severely disappointed when I heard this.
Thought you meant MPMD. Who still uses RU.
https://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=32275&page=60

This is the link with pictures in one of the Dutch guys with results. If you go a few more pages back, you'll see more succes stories.
That GLL is not on finasteride and does use LLC is really weird imo. Does not even say anything about RU, because he also does not use finasteride.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought you meant MPMD. Who still uses RU.
https://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=32275&page=60

This is the link with pictures in one of the Dutch guys with results. If you go a few more pages back, you'll see more succes stories.
That GLL is not on finasteride and does use LLC is really weird imo. Does not even say anything about RU, because he also does not use finasteride.
Even MPMD said in a recent video he hasn’t been consistent with topicals.
Thanks for the link, was that guy using RU alone? Sorry I don’t understand Dutch. If those are RU only results though they are very good.
And yeah GLL’s protocol is weird my guess is that his balding pattern just stabilised naturally and the few transplants he had have covered the lost ground. I was super disappointed to see that video because before MPMD he was one of the top content creators when it came to hairloss.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are these success stories?
I used it for maintenance and it didn’t even do that for me. If it was as effective as you claim there would be way more success stories with photos showing dramatic changes. There aren’t many good studies also. Mostly on mice and one on monkeys - hardly overwhelming evidence when you consider that lots of drugs have shown promising results in animal models.

You're wrong. There are at least 3 very good studies in macaques which, as we well know, is a highly predictive model of efficacy in humans. One of them even investigated the efficacy of RU58841 in the long term with good results.

We have second-phase clinical trials that, according to Prostrakan, were successful and compared the efficacy of RU with that of Finasteride.

It was not commercialized because the patent was about to expire and the executives of the pharmaceutical company expected, like many of you, that it would cause "dramatic" regrowth results.

As for the anecdotal experience, i used it for years and it worked very well. I had been using dutasteride for a long time but got some thickening by adding RU to the arsenal.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're wrong. There are at least 3 very good studies in macaques which, as we well know, is a highly predictive model of efficacy in humans. One of them even investigated the efficacy of RU58841 in the long term with good results.

We have second-phase clinical trials that, according to Prostrakan, were successful and compared the efficacy of RU with that of Finasteride.

It was not commercialized because the patent was about to expire and the executives of the pharmaceutical company expected, like many of you, that it would cause "dramatic" regrowth results.

As for the anecdotal experience, i used it for years and it worked very well. I had been using dutasteride for a long time but got some thickening by adding RU to the arsenal.
We never saw data from the trial on humans and we have no official reason for why it never made it further.
Studies on monkeys are good but to know how effective a treatment truly is it requires large high quality clinical studies on people. There are lots of treatments that have grown hair on animals and some that even looked promising until reaching stage 3 clinical trials. If we took the animal studies as conclusive we would expect results similar to finasteride from RU yet so many people have tried it and haven’t experienced that. Like I said before it’s hard to evaluate somethings efficacy if you’re using multiple treatments. I don’t deny that I could be wrong about RU, I just haven’t seen much that shows it to really work. That’s why anyone creating photo logs is super useful for everyone.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys had me worried when I checked up on this thread. When you were talking about "it not working," I thought you were talking about pyrilutamide, not RU. (That would make sense for this thread after all.)

I figured that an above user had tried pyrilutamide before it was approved, and was reporting on its lack of success. I thought this may have been the case because for some reason I thought it was one of those drugs that's already used for other purposes besides hair loss, and is available for people to try on their hair after getting it prescribed for an alternative condition. But I don't think this is true, I don't believe the drug is available anywhere yet.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys had me worried when I checked up on this thread. When you were talking about "it not working," I thought you were talking about pyrilutamide, not RU. (That would make sense for this thread after all.)

I figured that an above user had tried pyrilutamide before it was approved, and was reporting on its lack of success. I thought this may have been the case because for some reason I thought it was one of those drugs that's already used for other purposes besides hair loss, and is available for people to try on their hair after getting it prescribed for an alternative condition. But I don't think this is true, I don't believe the drug is available anywhere yet.
It’s not available officially yet but there have been a few group buys. Hopefully in a few months people that participated in those might have some results to share.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not available officially yet but there have been a few group buys. Hopefully in a few months people that participated in those might have some results to share.
How long ago did these group buys take place?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We never saw data from the trial on humans and we have no official reason for why it never made it further.

Why on earth would they spend the money to develop a new topical drug when the results are comparable to an existing oral pill?

After all, the oral pill has essentially no side-effect problem, right? Isn't that what the Finasteride research says?

This is why I get so frustrated when grown intelligent adults keep denying Finasteride's common side-effect problem. That mistaken idea isn't only annoying. It has been VERY HARMFUL to us. We could have all been using commercial RU for the last 15+ years already. (That means real RU, not some counterfeit unstable junk from a Chinese meth lab.)

Last edited: