It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence! | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums

It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence!

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by WhitePolarBear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Love you bro and thanks for looking out. I am very triggered lately, for sure, but in a much better place than I've been in the last two years on here. Not with women obviously, but that's ok. I just can't comprehend this mentality of looking for memes and videos online about superficial women that hate bald people. It is conducive to nothing. This has always made me angry. It's like a nice dog constantly returning to the hand that has beat it. We are not going to progress unless we seek happiness, and it's not in that. I know the typical response to this is, "oh, but that is reality, and you are just coping, etc..." Which is a reasonable response, but so, so untrue. I live in one of the most superficial places and everyday I surround myself with cool, caring people that are honestly not judgemental at all.

Wolf Pack, MorningGlory and doyle11 like this.
  2. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    but yeah, reading through some of my posts, I see how they seem very angry. I am just a vulgar asshole who swears too much. ;)

blackg likes this.
  3. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    also, why do you define companionship as dating someone in a physical relationship. Companionship is every where. What you are saying is SEX is a fundamental human need, and as much as I love sex, i have to disagree. I think you should redefine "need".. we can easily survive without it and many have. I actually believe we can be HAPPY surviving without it. do you disagree?

4. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You can go without sex, companionship, and so on ...

The likeliest outcome is neurological and physiological decay.

Humans absolutely need companionship -- the full spectrum.of companionship -- to not only live fully but to function fully. To deny that is to cope. We're the most social animals on the planet, most of our evolution in the last few million years is driven by social factors, and so on.

5. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I didn't combine sex and companionship in the same group, but your response did. So which is it? Give me some actual studies on men, living in modern society that, while having friendly companionships, abstained from sex for several years and a breakdown of how it's affected their neurological biochemistry.. What do you mean neurological and physiological decay? Love you man, but you're speculating and throwing terms around with no evidence.

MorningGlory likes this.
  6. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    For example, I will give myself. I have consistently been in romantic relationships involving sex from the ages of 18-33. Very intimate, passionate relationships. Because of my current state involving many factors from hair loss to struggling with my business, I have not even TOUCHED a girl in a year and a half. I function beyond what most humans do. Aside from the fact that I seem like a bitter asshole on hair loss talk every night, I wake up early, go to the gym, laugh and converse with people, work, come home, cook, etc... LOSING MY HAIR is a more powerful depressant than NOT HAVING A WOMAN. and no, the correlation is not effecting this. If I could sign an agreement with jesus fucking christ tomorrow stating that I would exchange a NW1 for ever being intimate again, I would, no problem... and I would be happy forever.

The human mind has become too intricate to use evolution examples to fully explain it. The full scope of happiness cannot be describe with a fundamental "need" like sex.

7. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's well known that married men live longer and are healthier than single men. That's been shown multiple times. It's actually more true for men than for women.

You are free to look up the biological effects of ejaculation .it doesn't just effect short term sperm counts ... It effects the brain and endocrine systems too .

8. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your first sentence concerns marriage. Your second, ejaculation. Is this referring to ejcaulation ONLY during sex? or does masterbation count. I can think of a MILLION variables that effect what you're trying to say in the first sentence. either way, this has nothing to do with my opinion that men CAN live fruitful, happy lives in the absence of romantic relationships.

9. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I feel like I've had this discussion several times on HairLossTalk.com and I am retiring from doing it again. haha... Neither of us will convince each other. I truly understand how significant relationships can be to mental health. All I am trying to say is, if well trained, an individual can become happy with the absence of a lot of things that we deem "absolutely neccassary".

10. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No offense man but that's hopeless gibberish.

You start off by saying that you've had nonstop great relationships from 18-33 ... But we know what you've written. You have stated multiple times that women have disappointed you again and again.

You're using an anecdotes, which is not scientific, and it is an anecdote that you do not even understand well. Your own view of yourself is in conflict .

You then imagine that you would be happy as a single NW1 forever. Perhaps one day you'll look back on that claim and laugh at it.

You conclude by saying that the human mind is too complex, but if that is true then you should have no opinion at all.

11. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    what? All I am saying is that I had sex for most of my adult life. I stopped and it in no way effected my desire to have it anymore. Yes, I still recognize how good it was, but i didn't NEED it.

Weren't you a virgin most of your life? Did it mentally destroy you or not? probably not. You were more focused on getting your degree, maintaining friendships, family, etc...

12. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I hope for your sake that at some point you can move on from the catholic priesthood. The alternative is further depression ... And you deserve better.

You're a great guy and you're turtling. You're not like the other guys on the forum, you could have a (good) woman if you wanted.

Do you really think that masturbation and sex are the same thing?

Seriously man.

13. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    and no, I would not look back on that claim and laugh at it. The need to look healthy around my family and friends trumps romantic relationships ten fold. How do i know? I've lived through it and I just said it.

14. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks man, but i simply disagree. HOW can you argue that a man can be happy without a woman? without sex? I have to say it back to you man, COME ON!! The human mind is RESILIENT as hell when it's deprived of things that it would assumable "need". We have so many other things that keep us going. You really think an instinctual need to shove our dick in something wet is going to determine our mind set?

15. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Of course I want to and hopefully, I will. But the alternative is not depression. Don't know how you can claim this. Pretty significant thing to assume.

16. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    damn, deja vu... Im outta here. good night.

17. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Bucky, I wish you lived in my home town. I definitely would be your friend til the end just like my good friend Chucky is to me.
    200w.gif

blackg likes this.
  18. JohnsonDDG

JohnsonDDG Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Back to the original post:

I've heard about this shock on how differently people treat you when you lose a ton of weight.

I've read a number of articles about ugly ducklings turned attractive who say how its almost depressing how nice people are to them now because it confirms that people really do care about appearance (blue pill decimated).

Its quite scary knowing the importance of looks because it could take us down a dangerous rabbit hole: where should we draw the line? Hair transplants, teeth straightening, steroids, tanning, facial surgery etc.

19. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    @JohnsonDDG, do you find women approach you alot? Do you get hit on alot or do you have to be the one to go to them?

blackg likes this.
  20. JohnsonDDG

JohnsonDDG Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've never been hit on by a woman in my life where they ask me out.

I have had women flirt with me - its sometimes hard for me to tell if they are flirting or being friendly - and if they are flirting if they want to date or if they do it for fun.

I've always had decent responses when I asked people out though - I think I've probably asked out about 15 people in person and I think 9 said yes (most people I met were from online dating).

Some of those rejection were harsh though.

I've always figured that because women don't hit on me but are cool when I try with them that it means I'm not some chad but I am at least relatively decent looking.

blackg likes this.