Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

br1

Reaction score
I've read this on hairlosscure.com and I think its more useful than writing 1000 of emails because these retards will not answer. Just read the following suggestion from a hlc2020 member:

"If you guys really wanna get FIDIA’s attention and have them post some kinda news/information about the Brotzu lotion….just start one-starring their business page on google. In Google, search “Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A. italy” and put a one star review, with a comment about Brotzu. I’m sure that would get their attention….and somehow get them to tell us what is going on with the Brotzu lotion."

This will raise their attention because companies DO care about how people rate them. So do something useful. Call them, write them mails, sign the petition or rate them on google. Everything you do from these options is still better than coming here and telling everybody that Brotzu is a scammer and snake oil seller.

I know. I know.. it's a painful process to realize your fantasies are all just.... fantasies..

No magic lotion.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I know. I know.. it's a painful process to realize your fantasies are all just.... fantasies..

No magic lotion.

Can't deny that it's a pretty efficient tactic tho... someone should just link their google business in here so we can really do some damage to their reputation

br1

Reaction score
Can't deny that it's a pretty efficient tactic tho... someone should just link their google business in here so we can really do some damage to their reputation
I am just having some fun..

Honestly, I don't think they are pursuing the lotion anymore. Besides, if you read the doctor's efficacy evaluation on the lotion's results: "good', "very good", "excellent".. That, to me, said it all.. It might work for the micro-circulation and stuff.. But won't grow any hair.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
z2yycqd.png

I bet this brainless fanatic is from HairLossTalk.com.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I am just having some fun..

Honestly, I don't think they are pursuing the lotion anymore. Besides, if you read the doctor's efficacy evaluation on the lotion's results: "good', "very good", "excellent".. That, to me, said it all.. It might work for the micro-circulation and stuff.. But won't grow any hair.

I'm with you 100%, anyone who still holds hope in this lotion is completely delusional

br1

Reaction score
I'm with you 100%, anyone who still holds hope in this lotion is completely delusional
If it ever gets out, great! Don't think it will do much more than Minoxidil, and it still does not solve the DHT issue..

But my point is: keeping "faith" up, literally loosing hair while waiting for a "possible release", is delusional like you said. Get on real treatments if you care enough about your hair, or move on..

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it ever gets out, great! Don't think it will do much more than Minoxidil, and it still does not solve the DHT issue..

But my point is: keeping "faith" up, literally loosing hair while waiting for a "possible release", is delusional like you said. Get on real treatments if you care enough about your hair, or move on..

To do some more than Minoxidil, despite what you all may think, it's already a big achievement. I don't think any other substance alone (except estrogens) does more than it. minoxidil is always the first choice from the forum users when it comes to find a contender for a new treatment; but at the end, it always wins on points. Its regrowth, when it comes to good responders, is very powerful. Its only problem is that over time it can't reach the pace of Androgenetic Alopecia. But aside from vasodilating and forcing the Anagen phase it does not do anything for DHT.
This lotion, instead, does a lot about it, despite what you erroneously think: Equol is a competitive DHT blocker, but the real power is that it acts as a phytoestrogen for the estrogen receptor beta. This double action can do wonders. I think half of a proof of it could be the results achieved by the IESON's user WuWei after he added to his regimen a lotion containing Equol incapsulated in liposomes. Also, it was never properly tested by the forum users before him.

Plus, synergy aside, I would like to remind this very useful post by one of the most knowledgeable members of the forum, who surely knows one or two things more than you and me:

This shows PGE2, but PGE1 binds to the same receptors -- effects might be a little different upon PGE1 binding, or due to differences in cell type (image from Dey et al.).

pge2_pathway.png

Marubayashi et al. observed increased intracellular calcium in minoxidil-treated DPCs. Han et al. found that minoxidil enhanced hair growth in organ culture, and that this effect was dependent on minoxidil-induced ERK and Akt phosphorylation. Kwack et al. also found phosphorylation of Akt (PKB), increased PKA phosphorylation, GSK-3beta phosphorylation (and consequently increased beta-catenin stabilization and transcription of beta-catenin target genes, obviously very important for hair growth!) in minoxidil-treated DPCs. And we also know about upregulation of VEGF (Lachgar et al. and again Marubayashi et al.) -- VEGF of course binds to VEGFR in endothelial cells to effect angiogenesis. All this is why I said minoxidil and PGE1 act on similar pathways.

I'm curious though about why you think direct effects of minoxidil and PGE1 on vascular cells rather than the cells of the hair follicle itself is so critical? Is there any research/publications along these lines? I searched but couldn't find any. I would expect, unless proven otherwise, that most of the beneficial effects of both minoxidil and PGE1 are dependent on their (known in the case of minoxidil) actions on the cells of the hair follicle rather than on cells of blood vessels.

Regarding this old post that I recently figured I had totally missed, @InBeforeTheCure could you please re-elaborate the reasoning behind the capability of a product to have lasting effects over time when treating Androgenetic Alopecia (I remember you said that the lotion could do well if the Equol was potent enough to constantly suppress DHT over time) ? How would you define the potential of the lotion? What does it seem to you more credible about the compounds involved in this lotion? The fact that PGE1's pathway is really similar to Minoxidil may lead to similar effects in terms of regrowth, maybe kept constant over time by the DHT blockage provided by S-Equol?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've read this on hairlosscure.com and I think its more useful than writing 1000 of emails because these retards will not answer. Just read the following suggestion from a hlc2020 member:

"If you guys really wanna get FIDIA’s attention and have them post some kinda news/information about the Brotzu lotion….just start one-starring their business page on google. In Google, search “Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A. italy” and put a one star review, with a comment about Brotzu. I’m sure that would get their attention….and somehow get them to tell us what is going on with the Brotzu lotion."

This will raise their attention because companies DO care about how people rate them. So do something useful. Call them, write them mails, sign the petition or rate them on google. Everything you do from these options is still better than coming here and telling everybody that Brotzu is a scammer and snake oil seller.

Man, I'm telling you frankly, this is really a bad idea. First because a "shitstorm" could only harm FIDIA and probably will do nothing in terms of making them give an update; instead, they could instantly sue all of you if you go down hard on those comments.
Secondly, many associations are starting to move more and more on Italian forums, because a bunch of Brotzu testers joined the FB groups providing their very good experiences with the lotion. Unfortunately, still only Areata, one of them told me that the results of Androgenetic Alopecia had to be evaluated more precisely because to launch and advertise such a product you need a statistical study with precise numbers (and he knew nothing about them and what FIDIA is doing by his own admission). However Areata people are now moving because they want the lotion out for the AA kids, for whom the lotion works best.
I would suggest that now is the perfectly time to have patience and to wait, because we need to see the results on Androgenetic Alopecia and there's nothing we could to to anticipate them.
One thing is for sure, we'll know this lotion is a dud if FIDIA markets it without releasing any studies or any reports or of they just remain vague on their advertisements. I think it will be marketed anyways at this point, being a cosmetic, this doesn't mean that it will work if it will come out.

Last edited:

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
To do some more than Minoxidil, despite what you all may think, it's already a big achievement. I don't think any other substance alone (except estrogens) does more than it. minoxidil is always the first choice from the forum users when it comes to find a contender for a new treatment; but at the end, it always wins on points. Its regrowth, when it comes to good responders, is very powerful. Its only problem is that over time it can't reach the pace of Androgenetic Alopecia. But aside from vasodilating and forcing the Anagen phase it does not do anything for DHT.
This lotion, instead, does a lot about it, despite what you erroneously think: Equol is a competitive DHT blocker, but the real power is that it acts as a phytoestrogen for the estrogen receptor beta. This double action can do wonders. I think half of a proof of it could be the results achieved by the IESON's user WuWei after he added to his regimen a lotion containing Equol incapsulated in liposomes. Also, it was never properly tested by the forum users before him.

Plus, synergy aside, I would like to remind this very useful post by one of the most knowledgeable members of the forum, who surely knows one or two things more than you and me:

Regarding this old post that I recently figured I had totally missed, @InBeforeTheCure could you please re-elaborate the reasoning behind the capability of a product to have lasting effects over time when treating Androgenetic Alopecia (I remember you said that the lotion could do well if the Equol was potent enough to constantly suppress DHT over time) ? How would you define the potential of the lotion? What does it seem to you more credible about the compounds involved in this lotion? The fact that PGE1's pathway is really similar to Minoxidil may lead to similar effects in terms of regrowth, maybe kept constant over time by the DHT blockage provided by S-Equol?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I'm telling you frankly, this is really a bad idea. First because a "shitstorm" could only harm FIDIA and probably will do nothing in terms of making them give an update; instead, they could instantly sue all of you if you go down hard on those comments.
Secondly, many associations are starting to move more and more on Italian forums, because a bunch of Brotzu testers joined the FB groups providing their very good experiences with the lotion. Unfortunately, still only Areata, one of them told me that the results of Androgenetic Alopecia had to be evaluated more precisely because to launch and advertise such a product you need a statistical study with precise numbers (and he knew nothing about them and what FIDIA is doing by his own admission). However Areata people are now moving because they want the lotion out for the AA kids, for whom the lotion works best.
I would suggest that now is the perfectly time to have patience and to wait, because we need to see the results on Androgenetic Alopecia and there's nothing we could to to anticipate them.
One thing is for sure, we'll know this lotion is a dud if FIDIA markets it without releasing any studies or any reports or of they just remain vague on their advertisements. I think it will be marketed anyways at this point, being a cosmetic, this doesn't mean that it will work if it will come out.

Your post has comforted me a little bit. I don't think this lotion is a cure but if it can give me back 1 to 2 Norwood to bridge the time to Follica, Shiseido and Tsuji then it's awesome.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah man i agree . Based off of what Brotzu has said about the lotion i cant see why i wouldn't have at least the effect of Minoxidil.

Minoxidil affects the perictye which to have an increased effect on blood circulation but is largely dependant on sulfotransferase enzyme which is why only a few have a really good response to it. Where as Dr Brotzu has pointed out DGLA has an effect on both the Perictye and more importantly endothelial cells.

As for S-equol independant literature says this : It is interesting that the mechanism of its anti-androgen action differs from that of the anti-androgen drugs used in clinical practice to block the effects of DHT. For example, s-equol has no affinity for the androgen receptor (22) and therefore does not function as an androgen receptor blocker. It also does not appear to alter the synthesis of DHT in the way that 5-reductase inhibitors do, but, rather, it appears to powerfully bind directly to DHT (22), and this effect is seen with both R- and S-equol (TD Lund, RJ Handa, ED Lephart, KDR Setchell, unpublished data, 2003)

As for L-Carnitine, it dramatically increases the metabolism of cells creating an inherent ability to increase mitochondria function in follicle cells.

All looks pretty promising on paper, and even if it doesnt meet up to what Brotzu said, to have something that trumps the effects of Minoxidil for many would be pretty amazing. Who knows though. I assume these effects are reliant on the ability to actually deliver them to where they need to be.