Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Xenithrising

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoa, chill. I was just asking a question and voicing a legitimate concern. One I am still more than happy to dismiss in the face of solid argumentation.
I'm not claiming it's a scam, if anything, I'm hoping for an explanation that would put me at ease.
Apologies, I was blind drunk when I wrote that rant! Positive vibes my man.

JakeSmores80

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if someone at hairlosstalk would be able to translate the presentation, or if it will be subtitled shortly after

Who says that there is a presentation that will be made available? I don't see any presentation from any previous presenters from last year's conference. My past experience shows that alot of these conferences want you to pay and buy tickets to attend the presentations of the scientists that attend them. As such, they shy or refrain from posting technical research presentations online for public consumption.

Last edited:

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who says that there is a presentation that will be made available? I don't see any presentation from any previous presenters from last year's conference. My past experience shows that alot of these conferences want you to pay and buy tickets to attend the presentations of the scientists that attend them. As such, they shy or refrain from posting technical research presentations online for public consumption.
Lol, the eventual hero of millions of hairloss sufferers is holding a presentation and nobody is there to actually watch it. :p

Well, I am sure the Italian forum has some people there and his word is gonna spread very fast afterwards.

rcom440

Reaction score
Its 2016? f*** me.
As if the media means sh*t.
I thought Facebook taught us this.
If this fails and histogen/other 2017 & 2018 fails them im going to shave my head, catch a flight over from aus to Scotland and get some Top notch scalp micropigmentation from skalp or paulbrandwood or some sh*t and live out my days without any worry.
If you base the effectiveness of a "cure" off media coverage then well, grow the f*** up.

Agreed.
For the last 20 years I've been reading cure for the hair loss is only 5 years away!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 hours until the presentation.

I really hope we hear about something he had to say.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that it's very unlikely that you'll hear anything regarding Fidia or release dates - just more insight into the science behind the lotion.

I didn't see Fidia'a name on any of the paperwork and I don't know if they'd let the doctor speak for them on those matters.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Majority of questions that are being asked "again and again" on 180 pages of this forum are found in the Patent that HairBlues posted above. It is like a cycle that goes on here. Hard to find any new information here. Seriously, this thread is becoming like a broken record.

There are plenty of presentations for hair loss from the conferences on youtube I have seen from Dr Costarellis, Dr Brotzu (in Italian), I think Histogen Dr Naughton. There is one from that company out West "samund" think they are called--where he crippled rats and made them walk again same stuff he would use for hair loss.
I would post links but I don't want to post repetitive information since most of the people here have seen these.
Don't want to be a broken record :)

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, the eventual hero of millions of hairloss sufferers is holding a presentation and nobody is there to actually watch it. :p

Well, I am sure the Italian forum has some people there and his word is gonna spread very fast afterwards.

I had learnt about the conference from the 'Italian' woman's Facebook page a while back she was advertising it...maybe she's going..I never bookmarked her FB page but maybe someone else has and can keep an eye out for it.

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
Good sh*t. I think he also has a presentation on the 21st. Wonder if he's saving the best for last.....
He won't be speaking on the 21st. There's however also a round table discussion and question time with the speakers at the end today's event. You can see the full event schedule here:
file_page1.jpg

hairderp

Reaction score
I found this in the link hairblues posted. This sounds pretty good....

Experimental study

Patients of female and male gender characterized by massive hair reduction due to various causes, and also a small number of patients of female gender of postmenopausal age, reporting hair thinning, hair reduction and loss of hair strength were selected. The clinical efficacy of preparation 4 that on previous tests displayed the best characteristics of homogeneity and stability was evaluated .

Treatments :

Lotion A, prepared according to the present example 4 ; Lotion B, comparison, prepared as described in WO 2011/095938 (example 1) and then containing PGE1 and S- equol in 1:1 ratio

Lotion C, containing 7 mg of PGE1 enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A;

Lotion D, containing 1,25 mg of DGLA enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A.

Groups of patients:

• Group 1: 10 (6 male, 4 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;

• Group 2: 10 (5 male, 5 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion B to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;

• Group 3: 6 female menopausal patients for about 3 years, without specific diseases related to hair reduction, treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp.

• Group 4: 4 (2 male, 2 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion C to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp; • Group 5: 4 (2 male, 2 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion D to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;

Evaluation was carried out at pre-determined time points by dermoscopy and direct observation with photographic detections.

Results

On day 7 : both group 1 and group 2 experience a reduction of hair loss, defined "substantial" by patients of group 1 and "modest" by those of group 2. Group 3 feels hair as more robust. Groups 4 and 5 do not report any variation;

On day 20: in group 1 all the patients have stopped losing hair and report the presence of a substantial fuzz. In group 2 hair loss has stopped in 6 patients and fuzz, where present, is more modest (in terms of number/cm2) . Group 3 reports an aesthetic improvement related to hair brightness. Group 4 reports a minimal reduction in hair loss. Group 5 does not report any variation;

On day 45: in group 1, fuzz has grown markedly stronger and takes the colour and consistency of natural hair. In group 2, as expected, all the patients have stopped losing hair, but only some of them report a certain degree of regrowth, fuzz is very weak and not completely coloured yet. Group 3 reports disappearance of split ends. Group 4 reports arrested hair loss in all the subjects and, in some of them, presence of weak fuzz. Group 5 does not report any variation;

On day 90: in group 1 all the patients report total disappearance of hair reduction areas that have been replaced by robust and shiny hair. In group 2 hair reduction is still visible, even if areas are all covered with thick fuzz. Group 3 confirms a general hair improvement. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation;

On day 120: group 1 confirms results already seen at day 90. Group 2 continues improvement, even if in some patients of male gender the fuzz has not got the characteristics of strength and colour typical of hair yet. Group 3 confirms results previously obtained. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation

This sounds great!

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we talking only AA or also Androgenetic Alopecia?

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so he says everybody grew hair? And there were AAG patients in the trials... it looks like we will have to wait more for a big news. like we are used to... :[

PRM

Reaction score
News on presentation:

so if you have more than 40 years old the treatment will not work? What if you used finasteride to protect your follicles from dht damage since you started balding?

I don't get it. In my case, i still have a lot of hairs, of course they are thinner, but does it mean i will not benefit just because i am 40+ ?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so if you have more than 40 years old the treatment will not work? What if you used finasteride to protect your follicles from dht damage since you started balding?

I don't get it. In my case, i still have a lot of hairs, of course they are thinner, but does it mean i will not benefit just because i am 40+ ?

i don't have an official answer for your question. but what we've heard from Dr.Brotzu and confirmed by beps63 (the user for the brotzu trial) every thin hair even if it's vellus will turn to a normal thick hair. but it will take time for vellus (year or more).

Reactions: PRM