Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
so if you have more than 40 years old the treatment will not work? What if you used finasteride to protect your follicles from dht damage since you started balding?

I don't get it. In my case, i still have a lot of hairs, of course they are thinner, but does it mean i will not benefit just because i am 40+ ?

Beps is older than 40 so there's no reason to think it won't work, just that it's less effective.

Reactions: PRM

PRM

Reaction score
Thanks for answering, tzt and smoothsailing.

It's been 20 years of finasteride and minoxidil. I'm so tired of this, it would be frustrating if Brotzu's lotion was not indicated for me.
I hope to quit finasteride next year to start a family. Brotzu's lotion is my last hope after many years waitting for safer alternatives.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beps is older than 40 so there's no reason to think it won't work, just that it's less effective.
i'm not sure what do you mean about"less effective"?
he's 52 and he claim that his hair now is better than when he was 38.
it's more related to how many years have you been loosing your hair. beps was loosing for 30 years.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What´s going on @beps63? I´ve read you but I don´t speak Italian, so can you please tell us what Brotzu said. Thank you very much!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
so he says everybody grew hair? And there were AAG patients in the trials... it looks like we will have to wait more for a big news. like we are used to... :[

Man, I wish people were a little more informed. We've known all along this presentation is only for AA.

Otherwise they didn't say it doesn't work for 40-50 year olds, its just not as effective. We've know that for months. That said @beps63 said he's improved his hair by 13 years and he's in his 50s.

There's no disappointing news here at all, this is good news to me and it we are getting further validation. It seems like things are on still on track and to me that's fantastic news!

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now we just need to wait until January, as according to beps Fidia's trial ends in late December. Hope Beps will keep us informed

PRM

Reaction score
Worm, you are correct. But when he says that it may not be as effective for 40+ olds, i think he refers to those who never treated their hair loss.

There are many men over 40 years old under finasteride in better hair condition than younger guys who never used antiandrogens.

So i guess the 40-50 years old point causes some confusion.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, someone asked Brotzu to provide info on Androgenetic Alopecia, and he responded that there is an ongoing trial in Milan and that he does not know anything else.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I wish people were a little more informed. We've known all along this presentation is only for AA.

Otherwise they didn't say it doesn't work for 40-50 year olds, its just not as effective. We've know that for months. That said @beps63 said he's improved his hair by 13 years and he's in his 50s.

There's no disappointing news here at all, this is good news to me and it we are getting further validation. It seems like things are on still on track and to me that's fantastic news!

Man, I wish you could read^^. Official program: “12:00 PM Giovanni Brotzu – Treatment of alopecia with cationic liposomes carrying DGLA and equol.” I don't read areata anywhere so I don't see why I could not expect news for male pattern baldness. ;) still waiting for updates from the presentation though

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for answering, tzt and smoothsailing.

It's been 20 years of finasteride and minoxidil. I'm so tired of this, it would be frustrating if Brotzu's lotion was not indicated for me.
I hope to quit finasteride next year to start a family. Brotzu's lotion is my last hope after many years waitting for safer alternatives.
I am not sure, when he meant that it is not so good for older people, he probably was simply trying to say that it doesn´t work so good, when you hair was lost already a long time ago.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but people were hoping to hear one or two comments about Androgenetic Alopecia as well and maybe even a release date. Even though he sold the patent to Fidia it is very possible, that they are still in touch.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, but people were hoping to hear one or two comments about Androgenetic Alopecia as well and maybe even a release date. Even though he sold the patent to Fidia it is very possible, that they are still in touch.
I don't think there is anything wrong with hoping he lets some info slip regarding Fidia or the Androgenetic Alopecia trials (if he even knows). The problem is that a lot of people on this forum will bash the product as it relates to Androgenetic Alopecia and/or Fidia because nothing was said regarding it meanwhile nothing was ever supposed to be said about it.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't have an official answer for your question. but what we've heard from Dr.Brotzu and confirmed by beps63 (the user for the brotzu trial) every thin hair even if it's vellus will turn to a normal thick hair. but it will take time for vellus (year or more).

If that's true I'm gunna buy two bottles and finally be able to grow an awesome beard while my head hair regrows too. That would be so sick!

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with hoping he lets some info slip regarding Fidia or the Androgenetic Alopecia trials (if he even knows). The problem is that a lot of people on this forum will bash the product as it relates to Androgenetic Alopecia and/or Fidia because nothing was said regarding it meanwhile nothing was ever supposed to be said about it.
For being honest, I don´t see people bashing the product because of Brotzu´s presentation. But many (including myself) are starting to become nervous, because we haven´t had any news in the past few months. No press release, nothing. Personally, I am getting tired of being disappointed again and again. Well, maybe it is my own fault, that I am falling into the same trap again and again by hoping that "the cure" is close. Look, the lotion is definetly not gonna "hit the market in 2016"........I guess, for my own peace of mind it is the best not to have any hope at all, but rather wait for actual facts.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Only reason which makes me sick is that every step takes years... If they would give us at least a date range. The funny part, brotzu has this lotion since many years, ...

Brotzu said he sees no reason why it should take long not to be on the market
and it will only take several months. As far as I remember.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only reason which makes me sick is that every step takes years... If they would give us at least a date range. The funny part, brotzu has this lotion since many years, ...

Brotzu said he sees no reason why it should take long not to be on the market
and it will only take several months. As far as I remember.

i think he said within a year--he was speculating about Fidia that was in the Italian Article I posted.

We should hear something by the end/beginning of the year.

Maybe at that point we can have either Administration or someone else reputable contact the company if they are willing on our behalf.

Lets all try to hold on until January.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that a lot of people on this forum will bash the product as it relates to Androgenetic Alopecia and/or Fidia because nothing was said regarding it meanwhile nothing was ever supposed to be said about it.

But many (including myself) are starting to become nervous, because we haven´t had any news in the past few months.

This arguably the thing that is fueling so many haters and naysayers.

People are worried about a lack of news, but forget that it took years before anyone even learned of this lotion at all and FIDIA is still giving the occasional, cookie-cutter "we're working on it" type of response. The idea that no news = bad news is misguided

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking if it's possible to use the minoxidil with liposomes ? the minoxidile lifetime is too short about 4-5 hours. so with the liposomes it may still longer?
is that feasible ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking if it's possible to use the minoxidil with liposomes ? the minoxidile lifetime is too short about 4-5 hours. so with the liposomes it may still longer?
is that feasible ?

Id be curious to know this too, I have been thinning recently, and I feel like minoxidil would give me exactly the growth i need. I just dont want to be F'ing around when I know down the line I'll want to be using brotzu's lotion when it hits the market. When that will happen, who knows...

Is it worth using for 6 months though? Then stopping assuming Im using the lotion, will it mess sh*t up, or could it have enhanced effects....