Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The way it usually seems to work with these trials is they usually get around 50-100 men to try it out for 6 months, and then they find a ~25% improvement in hair density. Following this, the forum unites in excitement, several people try it out and report no progress a few months later.

But perhaps this time it will be different.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But reversing 5 years of balding? Come on man...you're just baiting us balding dudes.

he said: "Of course, we know that the hair lost in the last five years can be recovered with at least 2 years of treatment.we are unable to indicate how can recover over the time frame indicated why we are continuing to treat certain patients."

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
he said: "Of course, we know that the hair lost in the last five years can be recovered with at least 2 years of treatment.we are unable to indicate how can recover over the time frame indicated why we are continuing to treat certain patients."

It doesn't matter the time frame. Finasteride stops balding but it doesn't recover hair in that timeframe for the majority of men- only a lucky few.

So saying "at least five years of balding" is a bold statement. For me, 5 years of balding is of course a big difference. For some men, 5 years of balding literally means all the hair on the top of their head. If a cream can regrow all of your hair from a slick bald head in only 2 years, this guy will become the most famous doctor of the decade because he will essentially have discovered a miracle cream.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing with stem cells or even hair transplants is I will probably never be able to afford one, and by the time I can, I'll probably be too old for it to mean as much as it would now

You can't afford Turkey prices? Do whatever it takes!

g.i joey

Reaction score
i feel this man may be onto something. i read his italian interviews and it seems the reason he's stalled this for so long was to find a loophole through avoiding the fda approval. I dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket, but i think this man does know a treatment that can at least STABILIZE our hair loss. being almost nw2.5-3 diffuse, id be so grateful for this to be true.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the odds that it is a real legit treatment and not a scam like we hear about every other month.?
It is not a big company, it is just one person.

Do you actually expect to hear a number, like 15%?

Nobody can give you a precise number, unless they are an insider of that operation.

What we know is that they are saying and doing a lot of right things, so their odds are better than zero in my opinion. The man is respected and has done a lot of research. What he says makes sense, for example that it works better on early male pattern baldness.

I'd like more opinions on equol though, which is an ingredient in this topical. I know that equol used to be widely discussed on this forum, but has not in recent years. What is it that killed the interest?

Heavyduty

Reaction score
What are the odds that it is a real legit treatment and not a scam like we hear about every other month.?

Assuming the guy isn't just outright lying, which I wouldn't count on considering he's a reputed doctor from the outside the Wild West of Medicine (hair regrowth), the odds are decent that this would function as a possibly stronger version of rogaine, in a very broad sense of the word function. The drug was, apparently, discovered by accident when people saw it growing abnormal amounts of hair.

Most importantly, I think the key thing here is that instead of the Big 3, we are going to have to find room to accommodate our newest arriver into the Big 4, since it should work synergistically with the others.

People in 2 years might be using this along with Dutasteride, a modified version of Rogaine that works on people without Sulfotransferase (the reason why Rogaine is a hit or miss), and a bi-weekly Keto shampoo to consistently hold the progression of hair loss.

This in in and of itself would be a de facto cure for hairloss, though I can't see the same of a reliable regrowth therapy, it would still be major news!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
To date there remains just too many unknown and/or undisclosed variables in this recent development for me to make a positive prognostication.

So to be fair your question is clearly warranted and appropriate in respect to the disappointment we are accustomed to whenever a "medical break through" generates natural momentum.

From the standpoint of a science enthusiast, I am genuinely excited by Prof. Brotzku's serendipitous discovery. For now anyway.

As a seasoned bald man, with a PH.D. in Hair Cure Hopelessness,

I am conscripted to commence with cautious optimism.

- - - Updated - - -

What we know is that they are saying and doing a lot of right things, so their odds are better than zero in my opinion. The man is respected and has done a lot of research. What he says makes sense, for example that it works better on early male pattern baldness.

I'd like more opinions on equol though, which is an ingredient in this topical. I know that equol used to be widely discussed on this forum, but has not in recent years. What is it that killed the interest?

This is also what I'm wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, I think the key thing here is that instead of the Big 3, we are going to have to find room to accommodate our newest arriver into the Big 4, since it should work synergistically with the others.

People in 2 years might be using this along with Dutasteride, a modified version of Rogaine that works on people without Sulfotransferase (the reason why Rogaine is a hit or miss), and a bi-weekly Keto shampoo to consistently hold the progression of hair loss.

This in in and of itself would be a de facto cure for hairloss, though I can't see the same of a reliable regrowth therapy, it would still be major news!

This would be excellent.
Arguably something is still greater than nothing.

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you actually expect to hear a number, like 15%?

Nobody can give you a precise number, unless they are an insider of that operation.

What is the definition of early male pattern baldness? You can have hair loss for 10 years, but have more hair than someone who started to lose hair just 2 years ago. How can I know if I am suitable for this treatment?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the definition of early male pattern baldness? You can have hair loss for 10 years, but have more hair than someone who started to lose hair just 2 years ago. How can I know if I am suitable for this treatment?

I think early male pattern baldness in this context obviously means not a horeshoe with only dead hairs on top.

Dead hairs stay dead, forever, that's my understanding. If you don't see hair on a spot for five years, that hair is gone. If it's been hairless for 2 years, there's a good chance that very effective treatments can bring those hairs back.

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
I think early male pattern baldness in this context obviously means not a horeshoe with only dead hairs on top.

Dead hairs stay dead, forever, that's my understanding. If you don't see hair on a spot for five years, that hair is gone. If it's been hairless for 2 years, there's a good chance that very effective treatments can bring those hairs back.

Thats cool. But I somehow have the feeling that your theory is wrong. I think there is a clear mechanism that gives instructions to the follicle how strong (if at all) the hair will grow. Obviously something in our body gives the instruction to reduce the strength of the growing hair, to the point that it doesn't grow at all. I somehow believe that controlling that mechanism will bring back what you call "dead hair". I refuse to believe that hair can die for good. Only kind of cell that we know for sure that his death is unreversable is the nerve cell.

We have hairs in very specific locations in our bodies (arms, beard, chest, etc...). Our body doesnt grow hair for example in our forhead. But we know that some deseases can cause our body actually grow hair there. My point is, that mechanism I mentioned, controlls where and how strong to grow some hair in our bodies. If we can control it, then we can potentially grow hair anywhere we want to. (But I also think that it is far away from us, technologically).

Bottom line, I don't think that a hair dies forerver.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
i feel this man may be onto something. i read his italian interviews and it seems the reason he's stalled this for so long was to find a loophole through avoiding the fda approval. I dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket, but i think this man does know a treatment that can at least STABILIZE our hair loss. being almost nw2.5-3 diffuse, id be so grateful for this to be true.

finasteride stabilizes. I want to regrow some of my damn hairline, at least make it strong. I can handle the recession but not the patchy thinning.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of room when you toss rogaine in the trash.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Amen Follisket. This wins my vote for the prayer of the year.
God. If this needs to be exposed as a scam, please, let it happen quickly.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on the strength of the lotion/vehicle used? We could test this out right now if we knew that info. PGE1 isn't terribly expensive assuming the dose required isn't crazy high.

Considering I'm taking oral estradiol (which is surely more potent than topical S-Equol at blocking DHT, I would think?) I feel as though this treatment could be just the thing I need to thicken up my vellus hairs on my hairline... just need to figure out the dose.