Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The biological action of equol is mostly centered on having affinity to the estrogen receptors. Both of the estrogen receptors are expressed in the hair follicle, ERa and ERb. It has a very weak affinity to ERa and a higher affinity to ERb, but it's still pretty weak comparable to estradiol itself.

Equol doesn't directly have any action on DHT, probably indirectly through upregulation of SHBG, which leads to a decrease in free testosterone levels and this in turn leads to a decrease in DHT.

Also some humans can produce equol after soy consumption, more asians are capable of doing this than for example in the western world.

This patent states that equol binds to DHT:
http://www.google.com/patents/US20140135387
Are they lying? out of date?

Equol (7-hydroxy-3(4′hydroxyphenyl)-chroman), the major metabolite of the phytoestrogen daidzein, specifically binds and blocks the hormonal action of 5α-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in vitro and in vivo. Equol can bind circulating free DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor, thus altering growth and physiological hormone responses that are regulated by androgens. These data suggest a novel model to explain equol's biological properties. The significance of equol's ability to specifically bind and sequester DHT from the androgen receptor have important ramifications in health and disease and may indicate a broad and important usage for equol in the treatment and prevention of androgen-mediated pathologies. Thus, equol can specifically bind DHT and prevent DHT's biological actions in physiological and pathophysiological processes.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
This patent states that equol binds to DHT:
http://www.google.com/patents/US20140135387
Are they lying? out of date?

Well first of all it's a patent. There is much bull**** in patents. If patents were true we would be all walking with godly Norwood 1's on earth.

But like I showed you much published research is false also..

Anyway look here; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3607815.stm. They are the same guys from the patent you gave.

They used a rodent model.. Well if that is all the evidence they have.. Enough said I guess.

And trust me if it were really that effective on blocking DHT action, it would be mainstream already here on this forum.

I have honestly also never seen a drug/compound by the way that works through this suggested mechanism (by binding to DHT). Binding to AR yes, but binding to DHT?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19597532
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10946884

Equol has a weak phytoestrogen activity.7 Especially, equol and isoflavones have a binding affinity to estrogen receptor β.8 In addition, equol can bind to the sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG),9, 10

Phytoestrogens can just affect SHBG, just like estrogen can affect SHBG.

But direct action from equol by binding to DHT? Seems pure nonsense to me. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

shookwun

Reaction score
Ill rub this on my sack before I rub it on my head.

Would like more bush growth down stairs.

resu

Reaction score
Search for Equol on Hairlosshelp, people did try it and there was a company that sold but the capsules did not contain enough because it was so expensive and people also got it from group buys.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Search for Equol on Hairlosshelp, people did try it and there was a company that sold but the capsules did not contain enough because it was so expensive and people also got it from group buys.

Read in an article somewhere that oral equol is a complete waste, it just goes into the toilet.

Topical might be different.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We all know that DHT is required for facial hair development. Could this treatment hinder further facial hair development?

Depends how old you are, but it would probably not stop people that have beards grow less because it it does not happen with finasteride.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a reply from FIDIA on this and I'm very excited. They are a reliable company and they seem extremely confident. We should definitely check this one out!

Dragonborn

Reaction score
I posted their reply here but had to remove it for confidentiality reasons.

Like I said, they are extremely confident about it and they mentioned 2017 as the release date.
Well I guess we have to wait and see. When they said 2017. it seems very general did they say which quarter?
However some real pictures would be nice...

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
my email response from just 6 days ago.......

Dear Mr POTATOUSERNAME (just changed this)

Concerning your request, we would like to provide you some details regarding this project.

With regard to the remedy for alopecia studied by Professor Brotzu, in collaboration with the researchers at the University of Cagliari for the part of formulation development, Fidia points out that it is a scientific discovery with very interesting potential, which prompted the company to acquire intellectual property and to work for it to become a real opportunity for all patients who are afflicted by this problem.
It is fundamental now to implement the usual development path to ensure first that the efficacy and safety of the remedy are in compliance with the requirements of the latest regulations governing the production of products for the health of people, and then define the best solution to make it available to patients.

Fidia aims to start the clinical study in March 2016, according to a defined protocol and whose formulation will then have to be developed industrially.
We are unable to forecast now the effectiveness and tolerability results, that will have to be supported by the same study, with statistically significant findings.

We are therefore conscious that it is premature to define a date for the product launch, we hope it will be in 2017 based on the study results.

We kindly ask you to be very careful in circulating this news and please refer always to us in case of any further request.

Best regards

Elena Fedeli
Responsabile Comunicazione
(details removed just now)

Fidia farmaceutici S.p.A.
(more details removed just now)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good of them to respond and good of you to share Potato87.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like there might perhaps be something in this, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. Not at this stage, anyway. There have been so many products over the years that have been believed initially to be extremely effective or even to be a cure, but in the end the excitement has died down when we all realize the treatment is not nearly as effective as we'd hoped for. For instance, members of these forums have been using Setipiprant for several months now to unofficially test its effectiveness themselves, but unfortunately, it is now dawning on us that it doesn't appear to be that much of a miracle treatment after all. As I said, there may be something to this new lotion, but I personally am not all that hyped up about it. Time will tell whether or not it will work as well as this doctor claims. At this moment in time, however, all we realistically have that works is 5-ar inhibitors, Minoxidil, and perhaps also RU58841.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that excites me about this lotion is that they are combining multiple chemicals.

I'm not looking forward to a world where we're expected to get separate prescriptions/purchases for finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, setipiprant, CB0301, PGE2, etc. I know why the pharmaceutical companies want it this way, you should buy each product, but really there's no reason why they all need to be in separate products other than the fact it makes more money that way.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing that excites me about this lotion is that they are combining multiple chemicals.

I'm not looking forward to a world where we're expected to get separate prescriptions/purchases for finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, setipiprant, CB0301, PGE2, etc. I know why the pharmaceutical companies want it this way, you should buy each product, but really there's no reason why they all need to be in separate products other than the fact it makes more money that way.

They're all owned by separate companies. That's how business works.