Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
which is??

DGLA converts to PGE1, which is an official treatment for erectile dysfunction.
L-carnitine is used over the counter for ED.
https://www.drugs.com/ppa/alprostadil-pge1-prostaglandin-e1.html
http://www.life-enhancement.com/mag...itines-better-than-testosterone-for-impotence

So if this goes systemic throughout the skin, it cause conceivably cause priapism in men with healthy dicks. We'll see. Given the ingredients, that's how it looks, that said I don't know about the dosages.

This would be a truly ironic shift from propecia.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
DGLA converts to PGE1, which is an official treatment for erectile dysfunction.
L-carnitine is used over the counter for ED.
https://www.drugs.com/ppa/alprostadil-pge1-prostaglandin-e1.html
http://www.life-enhancement.com/mag...itines-better-than-testosterone-for-impotence

So if this goes systemic throughout the skin, it cause conceivably cause priapism in men with healthy dicks. We'll see. Given the ingredients, that's how it looks, that said I don't know about the dosages.

This would be a truly ironic shift from propecia.

looooooooool thats f*****g hiliarious man

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, stop it with the combover claim and Histogen, it's embarrassing.

Embarrassing is calling this a simple combover. It was a shameless, amateurish, shitty combover/photo trick. I know you got a lot emotionally invested in this, but damn hellouser. You lost the track, man. You need a children-level tutorial to ditch that inexplicable denial attitude. I will help you:

a) first, with the help of an adult, save and open histogen combover before/after in an image editor. Yes, that one of the miserable guy;

b) then you draw the outline of the guy's exposed face portions. Mostly his forehead and nose. Repeat with the fake after pic;

c) now you draw lines following the direction of the main hair locks of that poor creature. Repeat the same with the criminal after pic;

d) again, with the help of a grown-up, you make a rough estimate of the exposed face area so you can infer how hysterically tilted the poor creature's head is in the offensive after pic; as a didactic tool, you can draw a face in a rotten apple or orange (it's your choice, but it must be rotten) and then try to replicate the perspective distortion present in histogen's combover pics;

e) so, you compare the flow/direction of the hair locks maliciously combed;

f) combining those two lines of evidence, you can conclude that the said poor creature is almost as miserable as in the beginning, accounting with a SLIGHT improvement at best;

So if this goes systemic throughout the skin, it cause conceivably cause priapism in men with healthy dicks. We'll see.

No, David, things don't work like that. There isn't any chance of priapism. Remember, we wouldn't spread a PGE1 gel like you would do with a limp schlong. But you were right regarding all the other issues, thanks for your input.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Embarrassing is calling this a simple combover. It was a shameless, amateurish, shitty combover/photo trick. I know you got a lot emotionally invested in this, but damn hellouser. You lost the track, man. You need a children-level tutorial to ditch that inexplicable denial attitude. I will help you:

a) first, with the help of an adult, save and open histogen combover before/after in an image editor. Yes, that one of the miserable guy;

b) then you draw the outline of the guy's exposed face portions. Mostly his forehead and nose. Repeat with the fake after pic;

c) now you draw lines following the direction of the main hair locks of that poor creature. Repeat the same with the criminal after pic;

d) again, with the help of a grown-up, you make a rough estimate of the exposed face area so you can infer how hysterically tilted the poor creature's head is in the offensive after pic; as a didactic tool, you can draw a face in a rotten apple or orange (it's your choice, but it must be rotten) and then try to replicate the perspective distortion present in histogen's combover pics;

e) so, you compare the flow/direction of the hair locks maliciously combed;

f) combining those two lines of evidence, you can conclude that the said poor creature is almost as miserable as in the beginning, accounting with a SLIGHT improvement at best;

No, David, things don't work like that. There isn't any chance of priapism. Remember, we wouldn't spread a PGE1 gel like you would do with a limp schlong. But you were right regarding all the other issues, thanks for your input.

@hellouser, you're really getting the sh*t today, what's the deal?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay but then has any hair loss product in development ever truly deserved the attention it was getting here?

Just how many of us have beat baldness, again? Let's be fair, we literally have nothing right now and there's no way we can sensibly argue any one of these "treatments" over the other.

Most of them have some semi-believable theoretical science behind them and about three and a half rabbit farts' proof to back it up.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could not care less about a combover picture. Histogen has data proving it works better than minoxidil. This lotion has nothing but empty promises.

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could not care less about a combover picture. Histogen has data proving it works better than minoxidil. This lotion has nothing but empty promises.

Anyone who has ever collected, organized, manipulated, analysed and interpreted data knows that it's pure stupidity to assume a priori that you are dealing with an strict objective representation of the phenomenon. This is the pinnacle of scientific naïve realism. To represent a truly compelling evidence, there must be transparency in the process of data collection and further analysis, so the experiment can be replicated multiple times and validated independently. The problem with those kinds of enterprise is that the ultimate objective is profit, so there's no WAY IN HELL all the standards of open, reliable and reproducible science will be met. They simply cannot offer us this now. I'm not a sort of ''histogen skeptic'', I'm just pointing that we simply cannot assume they have a reliable proposal yet. Not yet.

I didn't want to compare histogen with Brotzu's potion, but f***, one more point: therapeutic targets and approaches are chosen based on an explanatory model of the system involved, which is grounded in theories developed and supported by experimentation, epistemological assessment and further critical reorientation...it's a dynamic and mutating process, and the pieces - small blocks - generated by basic science ALL the f*****g time are constantly pushing researchers to different directions. Scientific theories are not static, so paradigms are being overturned all the time. The implications? The consensus on what constitutes and acceptable explanation are always evolving. In this regard, not considering any evidence ( or lack of) provided by the two enterprises, but how plausible and parsimonious the claims are, you know what I think? I think the potion has higher odds of bringing some smiles faster than the big sketchy enterprise that is constantly delaying trials and results and has to resort to MISERABLE combover tricks. Yeah, f*** you all, throw rocks at me now you barbarians !!!!! I've always had mixed feelings about the potion -whatever the motherfucking commercial name it'll receive - but you know what?? Use the occam's razor, my friend. Simplicity is key to wide-ranging solutions. The most elegant solutions are S-I-M-P-L-E and theoretically sound! Am I implying that the potion will work?? Not at all!! I'm just arguing that without reproduction and validation of the effect claimed, they are both more or less in the same position....except the potion refers to more plausible mechanisms of action.

Last edited:

ironix

Established Member
Reaction score
And where are the scientific studies?

Beside all the infos @The 7TH Sense already posted, fidia still has an ongoing study for the lotion. Samumeds 135 day trail lasted from august 2015 until april 2016, so 9 Months. Fidia started their trails in may 2016 so it's very possible that they are still collecting data and their trail is still in progress. Also samumed released those results a few weeks ago, nearly 2 years after they started this trail, so fidia still has a lot of time and it is most certainly not fidias fault that they haven't released data by now. Trails need their time.

Wasn't the product delayed for another year or however long, another empty promise

It wasn't delayed. Fidia never said they are going to release anything in 2016/2017. All those rumors came from users or the doctor himself and where never backed by claims from fidia. Except their bad communication fidia did nothing wrong until now.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though the product will be eventually released, will it work for Androgenetic Alopecia or just areata? Don´t get me wrong, but I still believe in Fidia. Problem is we need to be careful specially after what happened last Christmas.

resu

Reaction score
Even though the product will be eventually released, will it work for Androgenetic Alopecia or just areata? Don´t get me wrong, but I still believe in Fidia. Problem is we need to be careful specially after what happened last Christmas.

The original claim is that it's for both, then the Brotzu made one was only for AA and Fidia for Androgenetic Alopecia, in the end it probably wont work on any.

Reactions: br1

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Beps opinion was very positive in androgenetic alopecia,he said that he had a lot of new hairs. I dunno it is real.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

My best guess is that it will definitely work for AA, what remains to be seen is how well it works for Androgenetic Alopecia.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The original claim is that it's for both, then the Brotzu made one was only for AA and Fidia for Androgenetic Alopecia, in the end it probably wont work on any.

Last November in the italian conference for hair loss, Dr brtozu made a conference and show that it works for AA. he shows pictures too. what do you want more ?

resu

Reaction score
Last November in the italian conference for hair loss, Dr brtozu made a conference and show that it works for AA. he shows pictures too. what do you want more ?

So the claim that the Brotzu lotion works for AA is valid and the Fidia formulation is for Androgenetic Alopecia.

ironix

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole 38 pages on the thread on ieson because my italian is too bad to understand everything. But in summary from those pages I read, those who reported about the lotion saw some positiv, but not impressive results. Someone said his hair look more healthy and other reported some minor regrowth. But there's a catch and most of them just had enough lotion for only a few weeks so those reports are quite useless. Also someone said that he had good results in the beginning but did lose those after a few weeks and he thinks that the lotion lost it's stability over time.

All in all i don't like to comment those results too much because I don't think that they are significant nor is the lotion from spato a good comparison to the actual lotion from fidia.

Spato seems to make a crowdfunding project for the lotion. He also provides some photos of his results. They look good but i don't know if it's because of the styling or if he takes other medications. You can check them for yourself if you like, here is a link: http://crowdfundingspatolozione.blogspot.ch/?m=1

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the end of the day, the treatments worth being truly concerned about are the ones that have major pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies backing them or indie startups that use the same technologies and no: I'm not interested or convinced by your big pharma conspiracy theories.

FIDIA, RIKEN, L'Oreal, PureTech, Shiseido etc. are the best bets we have, the way I see it. This is for exclusively two reasons:

• The Research they're going with is sound and there is scientific precedence to indicate it's likely a worthwhile pursuit.

• They already have the funds to see the treatments through to completion (even if it takes years) and, perhaps most importantly, developing a better treatment or outright cure for hairloss would be in these companies best interests as it would reclaim a customer base they either can't tap into to begin with, or they lost forever after a certain point.

So what I'm getting at, in regards to the conversations about Histogen and the like on the previous page, is that developing treatments can be split into the categories of either "Indie Startup" with some potentially promising research (we'll know for sure after trials) and doctors who hope this will make them rich, but not much money to finish it; or established cosmetics corporations with promising research which would allow them to reclaim or conquer a mammoth portion of the cosmetics industry worth billions of dollars in products.

Who do you really want to put your faith in?

Last edited: