Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope at least this lotion will come out before WWIII.
so we can get back our hair before Human extinction. at least we can died with a full head :cool:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks.

So it's gonna be 6 months and that's it?
They are not testing for longer term to see the effect?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
c'mon mate, 6 months is enough.

You're right, it's enough to see if it helps slow down / stop hair loss / thicken vellus / some regrow.
But longer term would have given us more information about the full potential of the treatment...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
when is the next conference, I suspect they'll have the results in Jan, hopefully we'll hear then.

As another said, we have 50% evidence delivered, which is encouraging. We are still waiting on the other half. And hopefully by then we'll have a better idea as to when it will come out.

Im tempted to start on minoxidil, instead of waiting for what feels like an eternity from now :)

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this lotion works on both androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata, doesn't the rule out the possibility that it works by inhibiting DHT to the hair follicle?

Alopecia Areata is the immune system attacking hair follicles and has nothing to do with androgenetic alopecia. Maybe this lotion just promotes hair growth the same as minoxidil, but that alone could not prevent hair loss as it doesn't target the cause.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like schlock. 'Brotzu Lotion'....... think about it.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.... It's not the actual name of the lotion, it's what the internet has decided to call it. It's a lotion (originally) formulated by Dr. Brotzu, Brotzu Lotion makes sense. Highly doubt it's gonna be called that once on market but even if it was how does that reflect the legitimacy of the product?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're joking or not.... It's not the actual name of the lotion, it's what the internet has decided to call it. It's a lotion (originally) formulated by Dr. Brotzu, Brotzu Lotion makes sense. Highly doubt it's gonna be called that once on market but even if it was how does that reflect the legitimacy of the product?

So then if there's a name or some kind of un-official name like 'CB-03-01'.... then why is everyone calling by the ridiculous snake oil sounding name? Brotzu Lotion? Seriously?

And where are the scientific studies? Where are the clinical trials and before/after pics? Where is any official statement from the doctor? Where's the website with info? I haven't seen sh*t but somehow this thread has gotten up to 187 pages. It's like that Trx2 garbage that got like 400+ pages on BTT and turned out to be, you guessed it; BULLSHIT.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So then if there's a name or some kind of un-official name like 'CB-03-01'.... then why is everyone calling by the ridiculous snake oil sounding name? Brotzu Lotion? Seriously?

And where are the scientific studies? Where are the clinical trials and before/after pics? Where is any official statement from the doctor? Where's the website with info? I haven't seen sh*t but somehow this thread has gotten up to 187 pages. It's like that Trx2 garbage that got like 400+ pages on BTT and turned out to be, you guessed it; BULLSHIT.

1. You cannot base the legitimacy of something based on an unofficial name assigned to it by a bunch of people on the internet. There is no point on arguing over the name of this lotion and what exactly constitutes snake oil in terms of nomenclature. Brotzu's Lotion is a very reasonable name to be assigned to this because it is a lotion formulated by a man named Brotzu, hence Brotzu Lotion. Again there's no point in even arguing this because this argument holds no ground.

2. Dr. Brotzu has made statements in which he asserts that the lotion is very effective against both androgenic alopecia and alopecia areata. At this last conference he provided proof to show the efficiency of the lotion against areata. But he did not talk about androgenic alopecia because...

3. FIDIA, a private pharmaceutical company bought the patent off Brotzu and are currently running their own trials for androgenic alopecia. These will most likely finish around December and we would *expect* a statement in January. So the lack of photos is because the trials isn't over. So why should we even bother being hopeful? Because a reputable doctor made extraordinary claims that his lotion is able to effectively halt alopecia. Then a reputable pharmaceutical company bought the patent for this product indicating there is a reason to be a little optimistic. And the most exciting update, the doctor showed proof that his lotion works for alopecia areata as he claimed again indicating he's not full of sh*t.

EDIT: I do want to quickly add that your skepticism is not a bad thing and is actually something that should be encouraged. However, I think the foundation of your skepticism is a little flawed. I want to just show why the optimism in this thread is not completely baseless

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Man, I usually love your posts, but you're seriously dropping the ball here.

You're committing fallacy by stating that because something is called X by the public or has a snappy marketing name that it must be invalid. You're hyped about Follica, but don't have any issue with the "RAIN" name? So people are going to get "RAIN'd" on (and you know they're banking on people saying exactly that), but somehow, Follica is exempt? Tsuji's method is called "The Primordium Method" and that sound badass as f***. Who knows what they will actually call the treatment when it is available. I guarantee you it will be something that sells.

You know, like "Rogaine" or "Propecia". Just because something doesn't have a bunch of 0s, 1s and letters in the name doesn't mean anything

Second, in that interview with Brotzu that keeps circulating, he very specifically says the article numbers, the dates, page and journals in which the findings are published. As was shared a few pages back, I think it was the patent itself that had clinical data.

Third, did you bother to watch that video from the conference the doctor recently held containing your precious before and after pictures? Have you taken the time to bother reading anywhere that the FIDIA trials are still ongoing? Yeah, the conference pictures were for AA, but it shows that the lotion is working — as stated — for at least one of the conditions. Let me guess though, he was honest about AA, but lying to everyone about Androgenetic Alopecia?

This isn't like all of the other "treatments" you can find where the only ingredients are amino acid and vitamins.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are still doing it. What interview? Where? Why is it not posted on PAGE ONE of this thread instead of links to interviews in a language almost all of us cant speak? Where are the links? This thread is such a disorganized mess, it's hard to take it seriously.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are still doing it. What interview? Where? Why is it not posted on PAGE ONE of this thread instead of links to interviews in a language almost all of us cant speak? Where are the links? This thread is such a disorganized mess, it's hard to take it seriously.

Here's a link to a good FAQ thread but it needs some slight updating:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/the-big-bad-awesome-brotzu-lotion-faq.100452/

Here's an interview in Italian:
http://www.alopecia24.it/cura-alopecia-2016-intervista-giovanni-brotzu/

Here's an English translated interview:
http://translate.google.com/transla...llicapelliforum.com/dermatologia/dott-brotzu/

There's no reason to discredit the doctor for doing interviews in his native tongue.

Ideally I would like it if we had a locked thread that was updated by an informed moderator. Whereas nobody could comment, just some guy keeps an informed thread with proof for everything he posts. I would nominate "That Guy"

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Ideally I would like it if we had a locked thread that was updated by an informed moderator. Whereas nobody could comment, just some guy keeps an informed thread with proof for everything he posts. I would nominate "That Guy"."

Agreed im not going read 187 pages of bullshit.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
A DHT inhibitor without side effects? Sounds almost too good to be true
No not really. S-equol isn't some insane anti-androgen like ru, or finasteride and can be bought as a supplement. Is there gonna be someone who claims sides? Probably, then again you have people who claim minoxodil gave them ED when it raises pge2 which is a vasodilator.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Third, did you bother to watch that video from the conference the doctor recently held containing your precious before and after pictures? Have you taken the time to bother reading anywhere that the FIDIA trials are still ongoing? Yeah, the conference pictures were for AA, but it shows that the lotion is working — as stated — for at least one of the conditions. Let me guess though, he was honest about AA, but lying to everyone about Androgenetic Alopecia?

Because ambiguity is a theme in this thread, I won't link the video and I'll just say 'Yes, but it was in Italian, I couldnt understand anything and none of the photos had clear indication of which is the before and after'

This thread needs organization. Like @Jim lahey said, I'm not reading 187 pages of bullshit.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Ideally I would like it if we had a locked thread that was updated by an informed moderator. Whereas nobody could comment, just some guy keeps an informed thread with proof for everything he posts. I would nominate "That Guy"."

Agreed im not going read 187 pages of bullshit.

My FAQ thread that was created months ago still exists somewhere. I would also agree that if a mod @Roberto_72 or @Admin were willing...

I could update that thread will all current info, links, etc. and they could maybe make it a sticky or something?

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Because ambiguity is a theme in this thread, I won't link the video and I'll just say 'Yes, but it was in Italian, I couldnt understand anything and none of the photos had clear indication of which is the before and after'
This thread needs organization. Like @Jim lahey said, I'm not reading 187 pages of bullshit.

By the way, how is your hair doing these days?