Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

NW2.5372846

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I watched it. He basically said the following:

1) If Brotion was legit, he'd know
2) He's seen this over and over again
3) If it was effective, the major pharma companies would currently be battling over it

My take on these statements

1) Unsubstantiated
2) Ok. I get that. As a person starting out with androgenetic alopecia, I can imagine that decades of false hope can make this look like a scam. But that is again unsubstantiated.
3) Who says they aren't? If they are, Fidia has the patent, and could probably negotiate or capitalize on it themselves

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys constantly hating on this lotion just need to let it play out. Yeah sure I don’t believe this lotion will be a good treatment, but if others still want to believe even when everything points to another direction, you just have to let them have their hope and let them taper off of the hype they’ve had for 2 years. It’s called the 5 stages of grief, let them go through it peacefully.

Denial - Their current stage
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

WHLX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I watched it. He basically said the following:

1) If Brotion was legit, he'd know
2) He's seen this over and over again
3) If it was effective, the major pharma companies would currently be battling over it

My take on these statements

1) Unsubstantiated
2) Ok. I get that. As a person starting out with androgenetic alopecia, I can imagine that decades of false hope can make this look like a scam. But that is again unsubstantiated.
3) Who says they aren't? If they are, Fidia has the patent, and could probably negotiate or capitalize on it themselves

I admire your optimism NW2. It's also fair to say Kobren hasn't seen the images posted by Beps following the conference. Here's another video that's more inline with my thinking. Brotzu lotion probably isn't a scam. But it isn't nearly as effective as we dared to believe either:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares what the hair transplant talk show has to say. Always discussing the same old sh*t.

As for this lotion, everything is in Fidia's hands and they don't seem to care much about it. f*** em.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I admire your optimism NW2. It's also fair to say Kobren hasn't seen the images posted by Beps following the conference. Here's another video that's more inline with my thinking. Brotzu lotion probably isn't a scam. But it isn't nearly as effective as we dared to believe either:

Tbh that guy knows less than us. He's also on Propecia, which affects your brain chemistry

Also month 3 and 6 are inverted in the slideshow. Just goes to show how poorly made the powerpoint was

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love people keep saying "Obviously they chose the best pictures."
1. Brotzu had no choice in what pictures he got
2. Some outside team for Fidia took the pictures
3. It was a private conference to discuss the science behind it, which is why Brotzu was presenting and 90% of the slides were science.
If it was a time for marketing Fidia would of have a team there, it would have been a conference open to the public, they would immediately started posting ads for it.

"It's a scam" but Fidia hasn't yet opened the market for sale or advertised it at all

Reactions: jpo

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have to be naive to expect that a topical anti-dht and some pge-1 will reverse 10 norwoods.
but as long as it helps a bit people are gonna use it if it is not too expensive, and why wouldnt they ?
after all not all people are balding agressively , some maintain baseline for 5+ years on minoxidil alone, and it is supposed to be a sideless topical than you can use in your routine
All that matters is the release date, in the end people are gonna see for themselves if it works or not , talkshows , pictures from private forums and distant relatives of friends of cousins who used it and was great are not contributing anything reliable

NW2.5372846

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I a

I actually like this Brotzu coverage. It's realistic. He himself said it won't regrow multiple norwoods... and we all know that. @Arrade is right, he did omit several important bits, but all in all it's a good video in terms of what to expect. In any event, it was better than Joe Tillman's take on the lotion who didn't even know how to pronounce the actual ingredients, and thinks this is a JAK inhibitor product (JFL!). I also didn't get his co-host's comment "The DHT inhibition is what creates the side-effects..". Ok... and who are you?

Look, if you're NW4+, this will not be a viable solution. Even Brotzu himself said on several occasions that it's best for those who are just starting to lose hair (i.e. persons under 30 or people with extremely gradual hair loss). It's probably going to be just as good as Min/finasteride (which isn't great), and will serve as a maintenance alternative to Min/finasteride (without the sides).

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my last post here, and a honest rant from an Italian man fed up with wop scams targeting foreigners.

You really don't know what corporate Italy is. Take the stereotyped greediness and evil of corporate America, multiply it many, many times: there you have corporate Italy. Italians have a very peculiar 'way of life': what doesn't affect directly them, their family or their friends, is none of their business. Italians also love money and are lazy. This means that an Italian-led corporation like Fidia will always try to scam people in a way or the other as soon as there's no personal interest in doing things properly and honestly.

The only barrier to this kind of despicable behavior is EU-German regulations. When the big Euro emperor strikes in, Italians bow, shake and screech like rats found out in the basement, and follow the rules and quality standards. This is why the food industry (highly regulated) works well in Italy and exports are high quality.

The hair loss/growth industry is highly unregulated. It just takes a half-assed in vitro study (or worse, invalid statistical inferences), passing the non toxicity tests (imposed by the EU, because Italians wouldn't ever have time for that) and a lotion comes out, promising the cure for hair loss. Italy has a very long history of hair growth snake oils; some of these, like infamous Crescina, eventually became part of the popular culture and are widely used as exemplifications of snake oils.

Dr. Brotzu may or may not be a legit doctor. No one can know that. What I can tell with great confidence is that Fidia is evil by default. Whatever comes out of an Italian corporation do not listen, because it's never the truth unless they are being coerced by the EU.

Fidia is evil and lazy and will probably never do a statement regarding Brotzu lotion. If they do, it will be half-assed exactly like the presentation. Brotzu's research may or may not be legit; what is almost certain is that Fidia will never make a working product. They will make a cheap product at a very high price, because effectiveness is none of their business (remember: it doesn't affect them nor their friends). This also explains why they are allegedly being aggressive with those replicating Brotzu's research: they just want the money.

Never, EVER trust Italians when there's no close supervision by a powerful authority and there's no direct (i.e. personal) interest from their point of view.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my last post here, and a honest rant from an Italian man fed up with wop scams targeting foreigners.

You really don't know what corporate Italy is. Take the stereotyped greediness and evil of corporate America, multiply it many, many times: there you have corporate Italy. Italians have a very peculiar 'way of life': what doesn't affect directly them, their family or their friends, is none of their business. Italians also love money and are lazy. This means that an Italian-led corporation like Fidia will always try to scam people in a way or the other as soon as there's no personal interest in doing things properly and honestly.

The only barrier to this kind of despicable behavior is EU-German regulations. When the big Euro emperor strikes in, Italians bow, shake and screech like rats found out in the basement, and follow the rules and quality standards. This is why the food industry (highly regulated) works well in Italy and exports are high quality.

The hair loss/growth industry is highly unregulated. It just takes a half-assed in vitro study (or worse, invalid statistical inferences), passing the non toxicity tests (imposed by the EU, because Italians wouldn't ever have time for that) and a lotion comes out, promising the cure for hair loss. Italy has a very long history of hair growth snake oils; some of these, like infamous Crescina, eventually became part of the popular culture and are widely used as exemplifications of snake oils.

Dr. Brotzu may or may not be a legit doctor. No one can know that. What I can tell with great confidence is that Fidia is evil by default. Whatever comes out of an Italian corporation do not listen, because it's never the truth unless they are being coerced by the EU.

Fidia is evil and lazy and will probably never do a statement regarding Brotzu lotion. If they do, it will be half-assed exactly like the presentation. Brotzu's research may or may not be legit; what is almost certain is that Fidia will never make a working product. They will make a cheap product at a very high price, because effectiveness is none of their business (remember: it doesn't affect them nor their friends). This also explains why they are allegedly being aggressive with those replicating Brotzu's research: they just want the money.

Never, EVER trust Italians when there's no close supervision by a powerful authority and there's no direct (i.e. personal) interest from their point of view.
I stopped reading when you said “Dr.Brotzu may not be a legit doctor.”
You haven’t even followed this thread, you’ve posted 3 times or so and have barely any relevant facts. Fidia already makes some hydropauloic or something acid that tops the market.

Edit: never mind a read more of what you said. I can believe Fidia is trash and would water down the lotion. But there is profit in this so let’s hope they release it soon

WHLX

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love people keep saying "Obviously they chose the best pictures."
1. Brotzu had no choice in what pictures he got
2. Some outside team for Fidia took the pictures
3. It was a private conference to discuss the science behind it, which is why Brotzu was presenting and 90% of the slides were science.
If it was a time for marketing Fidia would of have a team there, it would have been a conference open to the public, they would immediately started posting ads for it.

"It's a scam" but Fidia hasn't yet opened the market for sale or advertised it at all

You've made some good points. It's hard to understand why Fidia didn't post better images.

What are the rational explanations for this?

1. Because they don't want other companies to re-create and sell the product?
2. Because they don't have other images that are very impressive.

In his conversations with Clockwise, Beps cited an 11% increase in hair density? That isn't too impressive. Even the leading proponent of this lotion is lending weight to theory 2:

'G. Brotzu says that the statistics has been missunderstood. The hairgrow for the testers after 6 months is 11%'

There are more knowledgeable people here than me on this lotion. To me, I think on balance it makes more sense that Fidia are trying to improve a lackluster product to bridge the expectations created online.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've made some good points. It's hard to understand why Fidia didn't post better images.

What are the rational explanations for this?

1. Because they don't want other companies to re-create and sell the product?
2. Because they don't have other images that are very impressive.

In his conversations with Clockwise, Beps cited an 11% increase in hair density? That's isn't too impressive. Even the leading proponent of this lotion is lending weight to theory 2:

'G. Brotzu says that the statistics has been missunderstood. The hairgrow for the testers after 6 months is 11%'

There are more knowledgeable people here than me on this lotion. To me, I think on balance it makes more sense that Fidia are trying to improve a lack lustre product to bridge the expectations created online.

No, I just think they're assholes.

Dinnosaur

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They discuss the Brotzu weekend fiasco in depth:

Could you give us a run down

not every italian is like you

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update for those who care:

I just made payment for 30 grams of RS-Equol (mixed), same source as @IdealForehead . Should be quite a supply, hopefully it is legit.
I plan to use 30 mg daily all over my head for starters.

Now the shipping wait begins.
Are you going to pair the treatment with dermarolling to negate absorption issues?

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, after this weekend and with me having no expectations for this lotion anymore, it is probably time for me to keep visits to this forum at a minimum. We know that beyond this It takes atleast a year (probably a couple) for a new better treatment to come out and to rot here everyday hoping for updates is not what I want my future to be. Thankfully minoxidil is doing its job and after a horrible shed last month my hair hasn't looked this good since early 2017. I of course hope that this lotion somehow isn't utter BS and can maintain (or function like finasteride without sides) so I can add it to my regimen, but I literally have no expectations for it anymore, which is probably for the best. I wish everyone the best, will be lurking here every once in a while and help where I can.