Is This sh*t For Real ?! ( Dr Juan Couto)

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
I wish I had just done this and jumped on finasteride when I still had good density on top. Guys, don't wait for something better. Get a freaking hair transplant today if it will fix you.

It's often the case that people realise after their density loss, the importance of prevention. Hair transplants on their own are never the cure even on those with great hair characteristics who are already diffuse or high Norwood, it's just not enough as a solo treatment. The patient in the OP was a great candidate from every angle so benefited the most.

pegasus2

My Regimen
It's often the case that people realise after their density loss, the importance of prevention. Hair transplants on their own are never the cure even on those with great hair characteristics who are already diffuse or high Norwood, it's just not enough as a solo treatment. The patient in the OP was a great candidate from every angle so benefited the most.

Nope, but since finasteride works for me it would've been a cure. Now I'm stuck needing regrowth so that I have enough grafts.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Nope, but since finasteride works for me it would've been a cure. Now I'm stuck needing regrowth so that I have enough grafts.

Are you diffuse thinning a lot? What's your Norwood including the diffuse area? Maybe you still can make a full comeback especially with that regimen. I know what you mean, this will be my 6th year on finasteride and not only did I not lose any hair but I also regrew a very slightly thinning crown. When I mean it was slightly thin, I mean it couldn't be picked up by a hair technician on inspection let alone anyone else. Only under a microscope when I had shaved my head for surgery there was a smallish area that potentially could become obvious with thinning one day. But still, full maintenance for 6 years of native hair and density, the drug is amazing and I've got grafts in the bank too if needed a little.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Are you diffuse thinning a lot? What's your Norwood including the diffuse area? Maybe you still can make a full comeback especially with that regimen. I know what you mean, this will be my 6th year on finasteride and not only did I not lose any hair but I also regrew a very slightly thinning crown. When I mean it was slightly thin, I mean it couldn't be picked up by a hair technician on inspection let alone anyone else. Only under a microscope when I had shaved my head for surgery there was a smallish area that potentially could become obvious with thinning one day. But still, full maintenance for 6 years of native hair and density, the drug is amazing and I've got grafts in the bank too if needed a little.

My hairline is NW3, starting to grow back in NW2 area. I'm diffusing badly in a NW7 pattern, but it's improved a lot in 6 months. I'm optimistic that I'll be good to go for a transplant next year.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
My hairline is NW3, starting to grow back in NW2 area. I'm diffusing badly in a NW7 pattern, but it's improved a lot in 6 months. I'm optimistic that I'll be good to go for a transplant next year.

Yikes, so you're a diffuse Norwood 7, aggressive. Donor area okay? I've seen some people actually regrow it all back and keep it with meds while some continue to remain diffuse and gradually get worse. You could luck out if you've improved a lot already. The front will need a transplant for sure and that itself will give you some benefits.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Yikes, so you're a diffuse Norwood 7, aggressive. Donor area okay? I've seen some people actually regrow it all back and keep it with meds while some continue to remain diffuse and gradually get worse. You could luck out if you've improved a lot already. The front will need a transplant for sure and that itself will give you some benefits.
My donor area is as thick as ever. I could probably get decent results with a couple of transplants no , but I want to see how much I can regrow first. If rather not get 10k grafts.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
My donor area is as thick as ever. I could probably get decent results with a couple of transplants no , but I want to see how much I can regrow first. If rather not get 10k grafts.

I had 10k grafts and thick hair. But you're smart on trying to regrow as much as possible, it will ultimately look thicker/better/more natural.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen

Shows what a life saver finasteride is. This is almost 7500 grafts and still thin hair, guarantee it's all see through outdoors and receding hairline.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
He certainly looks a lot better now, but it's a shame to use 7500 grafts just to end up with hair you still can't go out in sunlight with. My hair now is probably about where he is after the transplant, so 7500 grafts should give me good coverage.

Of course he is much better but far from a fullhead cure. Ah yes, then for sure you can, good you took action!

whatintheworld

Shows what a life saver finasteride is. This is almost 7500 grafts and still thin hair, guarantee it's all see through outdoors and receding hairline.

That result mostly shows what a life saver transplants are. If I were him I would be ecstatic with those results, absolutely life changing.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
That result mostly shows what a life saver transplants are. If I were him I would be ecstatic with those results, absolutely life changing.

Depends on what your starting point is. I wouldn't be happy with that head of hair in my 20s and 30s as it's way below average and balding especially outdoors. I started off my hair journey with triple the hair he ended up with probably, just a receding hairline. It's a life saver for him since he had nothing but it's important to keep an open mind in that everyone has different expectations and hopes. And that's exactly why no hair transplant doctor will say his surgery is a cure, only for some patients.

whatintheworld

Depends on what your starting point is. I wouldn't be happy with that head of hair in my 20s and 30s as it's way below average and balding especially outdoors. I started off my hair journey with triple the hair he ended up with probably, just a receding hairline. It's a life saver for him since he had nothing but it's important to keep an open mind in that everyone has different expectations and hopes. And that's exactly why no hair transplant doctor will say his surgery is a cure, only for some patients.

I know it's all relative of course. Shave a horseshoe on yourself and compare it with even half-decent coverage, it's a night and day difference.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
I know it's all relative of course. Shave a horseshoe on yourself and compare it with even half-decent coverage, it's a night and day difference.

I'd say a horseshoe is like negative points. Above is like 4 outta 10. When you get something resembling a fullhead you get to like 7. Better hair characteristics may take you to 8 or 9. I'm not talking about the rating of the person, just the hair. You're only truly out of this mess with a fullhead if you're relatively young since that is what almost everyone has. If you're 40 plus, you can get away with that hair in the video but I wouldn't still feel good and I don't think many would on this site. Full head makes a difference at any age particularly when we start to age facially.

The only way for a young proper baldy to get out of this mess is probably a buzz cut after transplants and strategically place the grafts everywhere from a legit NW1-2 hairline. With some optional SMP if needed. It may give the illusion of a full head who chooses to shave it. Sure it's not the same as growing it out but you won't get anyone saying are you balding or bad light pictures/real life.

In the end you do what you can and what makes you feel good.

whatintheworld

I'd say a horseshoe is like negative points. Above is like 4 outta 10. When you get something resembling a fullhead you get to like 7. Better hair characteristics may take you to 8 or 9. I'm not talking about the rating of the person, just the hair. You're only truly out of this mess with a fullhead if you're relatively young since that is what almost everyone has. If you're 40 plus, you can get away with that hair in the video but I wouldn't still feel good and I don't think many would on this site. Full head makes a difference at any age particularly when we start to age facially.

The only way for a young proper baldy to get out of this mess is probably a buzz cut after transplants and strategically place the grafts everywhere from a legit NW1-2 hairline. With some optional SMP if needed. It may give the illusion of a full head who chooses to shave it. Sure it's not the same as growing it out but you won't get anyone saying are you balding or bad light pictures/real life.

In the end you do what you can and what makes you feel good.

Indeed, that does seem like the best course of action.