Is the cure to this miserable disease anywhere close?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
It already works less well on pigs apparently. In mice it eliminated scarring, but in humans they are talking about "reduced" scarring. Mice have been cured of every disease a thousand times over
Reduced scarring doesn't sound like regeneration of new hair. It's basically worthless.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mice are practically useless for modeling human androgenic hair loss. Macaques or it didn't happen.

Scar reduction is also mostly useless when it comes to regaining hair. Hair follicles are more like organs than tissue. You can reduce the scarring from having an organ amputated, but it doesn't help to replace the organ.

Scar reduction progress can be useful to us in the context of hair transplant surgery.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mice are practically useless for modeling human androgenic hair loss. Macaques or it didn't happen.

Scar reduction is also mostly useless when it comes to regaining hair. Hair follicles are more like organs than tissue. You can reduce the scarring from having an organ amputated, but it doesn't help to replace the organ.

Scar reduction progress can be useful to us in the context of hair transplant surgery.
This. If verteporfin did actually significantly lower scarring then honestly I would get a hair transplant aa soon as it becomes standard practice.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. If verteporfin did actually significantly lower scarring then honestly I would get a hair transplant aa soon as it becomes standard practice.
Imo the only use of this would be to eliminate the risk from a transplant. If it fails or looks like sh*t in a few years you can still shave it down.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you seem desperate, here's my latest wacky plan:

I intend to gently and regularly tug on my miniaturised scalp hairs, long term, with a view to: incrementally elevating their malfunctioning follicles to a shallower depth, so that they might be micro-needled back to full health.

Although profoundly hit and miss, micro-needling definitely works and permanently, but putting the above method into action will prove quite a challenge.

View attachment 167983
To the extent that is is possible I think you would just be moving them further away from their blood supply into and area that the follicles can not grow as optimally. Why pull the terminal follcles into the area where the vellus follicles are. If anything the opposite would make more sense, make the vellus follicles develop so that they are back alongside the terminal follicles

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you seem desperate, here's my latest wacky plan:

I intend to gently and regularly tug on my miniaturised scalp hairs, long term, with a view to: incrementally elevating their malfunctioning follicles to a shallower depth, so that they might be micro-needled back to full health.

Although profoundly hit and miss, micro-needling definitely works and permanently, but putting the above method into action will prove quite a challenge.

View attachment 167983
Follicles have to move deeper into the dermis before they can grow terminal

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo the only use of this would be to eliminate the risk from a transplant. If it fails or looks like sh*t in a few years you can still shave it down.
Exactly. If scars were less noticeable then you can keep / recover your hairline and midscalp with transplants, which is the hardest to protect on finasteride, maintain the crown with finasteride x min, and when you quit the battle you can buzz to a .5 guard and still have a hairline and not have poor scarring. Honestly that might be the best outcome for the next 50 years.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the extent that is is possible I think you would just be moving them further away from their blood supply into and area that the follicles can not grow as optimally. Why pull the terminal follcles into the area where the vellus follicles are. If anything the opposite would make more sense, make the vellus follicles develop so that they are back alongside the terminal follicles

I've had terminal scalp hairs mysteriously grow/regrow years after having begun regularly microneedling all over their area using exactly the same method. How to account for this?
My theory is that there exists a very brief apex in each hair's cycle, sufficient for the shallowest of miniaturised follicles to be reached and temporarily wrecked by my 1.5mm derma stamps' needles.

figure1.gif
1630708792908.jpeg

Perhaps they'll make their way further down with faculties restored ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Microneedling seems able to re-create hair bearing follicles where scar tissue prevents follicle expression. Apparently balding skin, cellulite and cowlicks are all similar phenomenon with different causes but basically scar tissue lacks a typical lattice framework like normal skin. In males, hair re-creation like scar tissue improvement for all of us, seems to be a very low priority in terms of repair. It might be that estradiol repairs the follicle and pushes anagen back to female levels. I continue to note that is is all but only a white/Semitic phenomenon and beard and hair growth might be negatively correlated in general. It seems clear that young XY's do not get male pattern baldness if they go on so-called puberty blockers and finasteride might be similar. If baldness is a disease, I recommend people considering such an option. The problem for males is that puberty blockers might cause lags in growth and boys might stay cute instead of becoming ugly which is, I guess 72% of them. In a bar now with a bar and nobody attractive at all among males even staff. Several cute waitresses who all know me so I opt for cute over big and bald and older. A couple of guys with huge beards and horseshoes, yuck.

Janey

Last edited:

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Microneedling seems able to re-create hair bearing follicles where scar tissue prevents follicle expression. Apparently balding skin, cellulite and cowlicks are all similar phenomenon with different causes but basically scar tissue lacks a typical lattice framework like normal skin. In males, hair re-creation like scar tissue improvement for all of us, seems to be a very low priority in terms of repair. It might be that estradiol repairs the follicle and pushes anagen back to female levels. I continue to note that is is all but only a white/Semitic phenomenon and beard and hair growth might be negatively correlated in general. It seems clear that young XY's do not get male pattern baldness if they go on so-called puberty blockers and finasteride might be similar. If baldness is a disease, I recommend people considering such an option. The problem for males is that puberty blockers might cause lags in growth and boys might stay cute instead of becoming ugly which is, I guess 72% of them. In a bar now with a bar and nobody attractive at all among males even staff. Several cute waitresses who all know me so I opt for cute over big and bald and older. A couple of guys with huge beards and horseshoes, yuck.

Janey
You recommend that prepubescent boys all go on puberty blockers?