Is the cure to this miserable disease anywhere close?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not happy with something that gives you a full head of hair after 26 injections then I don't know what to tell you. Keep waiting for that golden rainbow I guess
pegasus that's pic gave me so much hope but will it be able to grow hair on area that have been slick bald for years and help extermelly diffuse thinning area due to accutane and make them look like pre Androgenetic Alopecia state? sorry to ask again i'm stupid af and closer and closer to actually rope and want to avoid a hair tranplant at all cost

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not happy with something that gives you a full head of hair after 26 injections then I don't know what to tell you. Keep waiting for that golden rainbow I guess

Umm . . . did you read my post?

That's the point I was making. I get tired of the balding community's fixation on perfect cures. We don't need perfection. We just need a treatment that isn't ridiculous.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm . . . did you even read my post?
Your post read to me like you want a one time genetic treatment that will completely reverse your hair loss and prevent it from ever happening again without having to take anything else the rest of your life. Clearly from my reply that's how it sounded to me, so if that's not what you meant you could just clarify instead of being snarky.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
pegasus that's pic gave me so much hope but will it be able to grow hair on area that have been slick bald for years and help extermelly diffuse thinning area due to accutane and make them look like pre Androgenetic Alopecia state? sorry to ask again i'm stupid af and closer and closer to actually rope and want to avoid a hair tranplant at all cost
I wish I knew, but I don't know why accutane-induced hair loss is hard to reverse. As for slick bald areas we've seen them regrown after decades with other medications like benoxaprofen, estrogen, spironolactone, and cyclosporine A. That gives hope that BAY will do the same, especially since the macaques they used had been bald for a long time.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The androgen angle will be pretty much covered: we already have ARIs, AR antagonists and more advanced stuff like AR degraders or OliX AR mRNA Silencing tech are coming. Those things should be wildely available over the next few years meaning a functional cure for lower NWs.

Now for those fully bald... Its really hard to tell, lets hope BAY effectiveness isnt diminished on human Androgenetic Alopecia. Maybe a WNT agonist after wounding? KY19382 seems promising and Aneira is developing a growth stim combo with all the good stuff: minoxidil, WAY, prostaglandin analogs, and other things.

Hair cloning is a dream. I dont think Stemson will do it. Lets hope im wrong though.

Last edited:

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I knew, but I don't know why accutane-induced hair loss is hard to reverse. As for slick bald areas we've seen them regrown after decades with other medications like benoxaprofen, estrogen, spironolactone, and cyclosporine A. That gives hope that BAY will do the same, especially since the macaques they used had been bald for a long time.
thanks you so much for your answer man i whish bay would give me my density back then in combination with way and maybe ky if it's not cope. btw sorry to ask that here ut o you have any idea of what gives you more minoxidil in the bloodstream between using 12ml of topical 5% daily or taking 5mg of oral min? thanks for the help

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep waiting for that golden rainbow I guess

Clearly from my reply that's how it sounded to me, so if that's not what you meant you could just clarify instead of being snarky.

Nd9GcS9f4GwnFDUjLFXARMO_mCFxh1pnA7KlQcQWw&usqp=CAU.jpg

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks you so much for your answer man i whish bay would give me my density back then in combination with way and maybe ky if it's not cope. btw sorry to ask that here ut o you have any idea of what gives you more minoxidil in the bloodstream between using 12ml of topical 5% daily or taking 5mg of oral min? thanks for the help
12 ml of topical would give you 6mg in your bloodstream, while nearly all of the oral dose would enter the bloodstream. That's assuming that all of it got on your skin and not your hair, and that you applied it in such a way as to not hide absorption. If you applied 12ml all at once then a large part of it would likely evaporate due to the scalp being supersaturated.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Accutane induced hair loss will probably react positively to BAY. It’s like a hair growth agonist and minoxidil works somewhat for accutane hair loss

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that I will be on finasteride forever. I am glad that I have hair, but I don't like to take pills daily.

I will probably do a hair transplant next year. Nothing is coming out anytime soon.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that I will be on finasteride forever. I am glad that I have hair, but I don't like to take pills daily.

I will probably do a hair transplant next year. Nothing is coming out anytime soon.
at least we have some chance of old age with hair, people over 50 who wait for a stemson may never wait, the cure for aging is even further, I don't even expect it in this century

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Verteporfin is the cure according to @FollicleGuardian

Science also seems solid.
It worked on mice... everything works on mice.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It worked on mice... everything works on mice.
It already works less well on pigs apparently. In mice it eliminated scarring, but in humans they are talking about "reduced" scarring. Mice have been cured of every disease a thousand times over

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 ml of topical would give you 6mg in your bloodstream, while nearly all of the oral dose would enter the bloodstream. That's assuming that all of it got on your skin and not your hair, and that you applied it in such a way as to not hide absorption. If you applied 12ml all at once then a large part of it would likely evaporate due to the scalp being supersaturated.
thanks for the answer i apply 6 ml then wait 4hours and reapply 6 ml and i have my scalp buzzed to help absorption so i assume i only got 75% of the first 6 ml dose then full absorption of the second dose so i get approx 10.5 ml going systemic .
would that still be equal to 5 mg of oral?

i'm having an online consultation with dr vano next month ( the main guy in spain when it comes to the rise of oral min lately) but could you tell me how you came to the conclusion than 12ml of topical 5% equal 6mg so i can ask him knowing the right calculs to do ? ( i thought top responder absorbed 2% of each ml applied) thanks you so much

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
at least we have some chance of old age with hair, people over 50 who wait for a stemson may never wait, the cure for aging is even further, I don't even expect it in this century
I guess I already told you I don't fear aging. I am afraid of some nasty diseases I may get when I become older, buy if I age with health, it will be OK for me. I just want to age with a nice company by my side and with health.

About hair... Well, I am glad I chose to to take finasteride. This forum shows me that I chose the right path. But I really would like to stop taking finasteride =p

I can't imagine how I would feel if I wanted my hair back and all news pointed to a cure only 5-10 years away from now. It would really have a hit on my psychological health.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I already told you I don't fear aging. I am afraid of some nasty diseases I may get when I become older, buy if I age with health, it will be OK for me. I just want to age with a nice company by my side and with health.

About hair... Well, I am glad I chose to to take finasteride. This forum shows me that I chose the right path. But I really would like to stop taking finasteride =p

I can't imagine how I would feel if I wanted my hair back and all news pointed to a cure only 5-10 years away from now. It would really have a hit on my psychological health.
10 years is nothing:)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the answer i apply 6 ml then wait 4hours and reapply 6 ml and i have my scalp buzzed to help absorption so i assume i only got 75% of the first 6 ml dose then full absorption of the second dose so i get approx 10.5 ml going systemic .
would that still be equal to 5 mg of oral?

i'm having an online consultation with dr vano next month ( the main guy in spain when it comes to the rise of oral min lately) but could you tell me how you came to the conclusion than 12ml of topical 5% equal 6mg so i can ask him knowing the right calculs to do ? ( i thought top responder absorbed 2% of each ml applied) thanks you so much
I don't have a link handy, but there's a study finding 1% of minoxidil wound up in serum