Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

Silverfox1

Reaction score
Looks to me, you have more hair than when you started which i'd call success. Heck even maintaining is success.

Having said that I'm hoping for regrowth and I guess we all are.

Personally I would stick with finasteride, as I think the other drugs are more risky and you have decent hair.

secrethero89

Reaction score
hello mate. my hair looks like yours. Finasteride just made my hair thinner in 8 months. If you tried dutasteride please keep me updated.

thiswomps

Reaction score
dude are you trying to grow hair on your forehead now? a negative norwood? you look fine irish, calm down...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Irish, you can never be sure one way or the other. Accept that fact. Just remember, finasteride will buy you some time but its not going to cure you. How much time it buys you is unknown. If you are going to be bald its going to happen no matter what unless we find a cure. You are a diffuse thinner with an almost perfectly straight hairline. I am in the same boat as you almost. Your chances of being a high Norwood is very low. Accept these facts and enjoy your life. I finally am although its not always easy when you have OCD about your hair. These medications are not hurting your hair. Maybe your body but not your hair. If you are destined to lose hair its still going to happen.

Age is eventually going to be another factor for you too. You will have to deal with age relating thinning too. Hope you can handle that too. You are lost because you honestly believe these medications are supposed to be some type of cure. If they were, your hair will stay the same for the rest of your life. Remember finasteride can help you slightly or modestly but you can never be certain how much or if at all. If your hair loss is slow consider yourself a success. If your hair loss suddenly speeds up, consider your balding genetics a success. One way or another, unless we get a cure, you are going to lose hair due to age and/or genetics. Take your finasteride and if you want use minoxidil and pray your hair loss is slow. That's all you can do at the moment. Once new treatments are available you can try those. Save your money now as those are going to be expensive and if they don't work, I am sure a hair transplant will help keep the illusion of more hair at the front than anything you have used in the past. If you don't believe me, check out Dr Rahal's hair transplant website. That doctor can give you the hairline of your dreams. Until then sprinkle on some toppik if you want to conceal some of your diffuse thinning. Its easier to conceal when you have as much hair as you do.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Irish, whatever your hair situation is now really does not matter. You are not going to cure baldness with finasteride or dutasteride. Do you understand that? If you are going bald, they are going to help slightly, modestly or not at all. Most likely, at least slightly which is better than nothing but they are not going to speed it up. I know how you feel, but let me save you some time as I wasted so much time worrying the same thing. I finally realized, that as long as I still have basically a full head of hair, although my density is slowing getting worse, I will keep taking finasteride and trusting its doing something. If you want to play Russian roulette with your hair, quit all treatment for one year and see what happens. I did that with some of my treatments and I slowly started to see more loss so I realized either its a shed or the meds were working. I chose the meds were working theory, so I keep using them. Its your call.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]irishpride86, the ru you get (which also seem to give you massive hair loss when you start using it again):

Do you make mix it yourself or do you just buy a mix?
Got any sideeffect of those?
Also where you get the drug from, mate? [/FONT]

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
Dude what's up with all the acne? Do u think its caused from hormone imbalance from going on and off of finasteride/dutasteride?

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
How is anyone using RU when a proper vehicle has yet to be determined ?

nishrad

Reaction score
hey man id really like to know from which website u get the ru from....and do they accept payment only in usd or any other currency??
plus how do you store ru since ive heard its very unstable!!

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good man. You've gone through a hell of a journey thus far. The war with MBP wages on, but you've won many battles through the course of several years. You've gone through many shedding phases, but it seems to be holding up. I think the shedding is due to the multitudes of meds you've been on/off and tried, they're cycling at different times and I think that's causing the sheds.

Have you tried adding Nizoral? If not, you should! Maybe you have and I missed it or forgot. Sorry, was reading a lot!

At the least, your hair has NOT gotten worse. That at least is indication that the meds are working.