Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

jazz1

Reaction score
I have RU and kb solution in my fridge as back up incase finasteride stops working I also have irn dragon pdg2 as my friends using that and that alone has halted his hairloss. I post more on hairlosshelp as I find it much more knowledgeable what to use then this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and RU works better than finasteride and dutasteride, a friend of mine on pioneer growth forum is using RU happily now, before that he was on finasteride and dutasteride for years and they slowly stopped working.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me with finasteride, once I started taking it areas which were thick at the time diffused rather quickly.

giannis

Reaction score
Hey irishpride86. You are not the only one that finasteride is making hair worse. I have been on finasteride for three months and my hair is getting thiner at the temples and front. This is a sick joke I started finasteride to maintain my hair i was not hoping for regrowth or thickening but the opposite happened. I went from thining temples to diffuse thining on the whole front area.My hair fall has increased since starting finasteride and i am lossing hairs from the side and back of head which i dont know if its normal. i really dont know if its a shed or i am loosing these hair for good. Should i quit or ride it out until month 6;. Benjamin36 how long have you been on finasteride?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you are not alone here. my hair is significantly thinning all over. It's very depressing. I have been on the Big Three for 20 months now and don't know what to do.

giannis

Reaction score
well i guess there is a reason merck studied finasteride on the vertex/crown only. They knew for sure that finasteride doesnt work in the front (temples hairline) They are not stupid. I ve read so many threads that finasteride doesnt work or made things worse but only few that worked so its like 20% has success at least in the front. Talmode 20 months and not improving or at least staying the same?:woot: Would you say finasteride made things worse? i am three months on finasteride and my hairline, temples is worse. I know its early but Every body says its a shed ride it out out I really wish i never touch that thing and let the process take its natural way. I only wanted to maintain not speed up things:doh:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
giannis, all I wanted from the Big Three was to maintain what I had and grow some if lucky. I have been taking pictures every week since the day one of my treatment and I can tell you for sure that my hair is ****ed now. Maybe it's my aggressive male pattern baldness gene kicking in or I have a very unfortunate case of reflex hyperandrogenicity (my scalp gets extremely oily). who knows.

giannis

Reaction score
So we are f***ed i really dont get it.Why dont you try something else like spironolactone. I am three months on fina and i ve lost so much hair is absurd its like eating my hairline so i am sure fine cause a massive shed. I was slowly thining from the age of 20 and rarely shedding hair. I am afraid to stop now so i am stuck with finasteride hoping that my hair will go back to baseline at least in the next months which i doubt :jackit: wish me luck. i will report back at 6 months

TinSoldier

Reaction score
Honestly, with the amount you stress about your hair you'd be better just to shave it off forever and get on with your life. It looks too me like its an obsession which is completely consuming you in a very unhealthy way. My hair is way worse than yours.. if i had hair like yours I'd be stoked, I wouldnt even come on these forums (in fact I barely ever do anyway).

Fact is dude, to me you're hair is 90% fine. Which means to most people it'll look perfect. Get off these forums, you are a good lookin dude so live your life and appreciate the hair, health and youth you have now while you've still got it. Before you know it youll be 35 and realising you lost many of your best years to your insecurities.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Irish, so you had more success with RU than finasteride? Did you use KB solution to mix it with? When did you start seeing results?

hoju

Reaction score
Honestly, with the amount you stress about your hair you'd be better just to shave it off forever and get on with your life. It looks too me like its an obsession which is completely consuming you in a very unhealthy way. My hair is way worse than yours.. if i had hair like yours I'd be stoked, I wouldnt even come on these forums (in fact I barely ever do anyway).

Fact is dude, to me you're hair is 90% fine. Which means to most people it'll look perfect. Get off these forums, you are a good lookin dude so live your life and appreciate the hair, health and youth you have now while you've still got it. Before you know it youll be 35 and realising you lost many of your best years to your insecurities.

Have to agree with this post

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the best thread on this forum. We need posters like irish that document their progress with clear photos.

Any update on your progress irish? Are you off everything right now?

cuprous

Reaction score
This is the best thread on this forum. We need posters like irish that document their progress with clear photos.

Any update on your progress irish? Are you off everything right now?

I don't agree. I completely respect the varying levels of worry we have with alopecia but when I see Irish's photos where he says he is losing ground or whatever I honestly do not see it at all. Even when he is posting "shed, shed, shed" the photos look like a full head of hair to me. The man needs to pick up a few sports and get the eff away from the mirror and the computer.

Let's keep things in perspective. We all have finite time on this blue planet, we are just another biped among billions that are here now and that have come after. Our ancestors stalked game, suffered famines and war, worried more about when it would rain next than anything else. You have the capability to handle anything, including hair loss. I check my mirror daily like everyone else but for me it's a hobby, an experiment. When the time comes I will go the barber and say "yeah, I'm done pretending, let's get a new hair cut going that doesn't look ridiculous."

Would you marry a chick because she has nice tits? If so, get a prenuptial agreement because it won't last. Tits sag, hair falls out. Perspective, man.

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't agree. I completely respect the varying levels of worry we have with alopecia but when I see Irish's photos where he says he is losing ground or whatever I honestly do not see it at all. Even when he is posting "shed, shed, shed" the photos look like a full head of hair to me. The man needs to pick up a few sports and get the eff away from the mirror and the computer.

Let's keep things in perspective. We all have finite time on this blue planet, we are just another biped among billions that are here now and that have come after. Our ancestors stalked game, suffered famines and war, worried more about when it would rain next than anything else. You have the capability to handle anything, including hair loss. I check my mirror daily like everyone else but for me it's a hobby, an experiment. When the time comes I will go the barber and say "yeah, I'm done pretending, let's get a new hair cut going that doesn't look ridiculous."

Would you marry a chick because she has nice tits? If so, get a prenuptial agreement because it won't last. Tits sag, hair falls out. Perspective, man.
My thoughts exactly. His hair was above baseline/well above baseline for almost there entirety of the thread and hairline had the appearance of a Norwood 1 - 1.5 for the more recent updates. Seems at worse finasteride and minoxidil was maintaining his hair. Shame he couldn't see it.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The OP currently hasn't been active on this forum for over a year now. It makes me wonder how he's doing, and what the current state of his hair is like nowadays.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I remember Irishpride way back when I started posting here 7 years ago lol. If he has not returned it's probably because his hair is fine.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a completely non-judgmental way, I feel the obligation to state that this obsession seems very, very unhealthy to me. I know we all go through this, and hair controls our lives in one way or another, I am guilty myself. But, we can't tell much from this post, and I haven't learned anything. You keep switching treatments every few months. Despite if the treatment is destined to work or not, it won't in that manner. I hope you're doing well man. Few understand how this damn affliction can be all consuming.

- - - Updated - - -

Every single long term RU user has disappeared off the face of the earth. I think it may be killing people

Sniper, man, you're scaring me now!! surely, there has to be some long term RU users still around... wasn't elduterino on here some where?