Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It also shows your follicles never die.

At least when it comes to the NW2 and up area.

I think even up to NW0 the follicles are still there (for me at least). I have vellus hairs all the way down to a juvenile hairline. It's just a matter of finding something to force them to grow terminal hairs.

Hey recedecingyt, it's nice to see your success story back up, thank you Wolf Pack. :notworthy

I honestly think you could become a full Norwood 1 if you give those frontal peach fuzz hairs more time to recover. How are your temples points doing? I can't see how your temple points are doing due to the angle your pics were taken.

Other than that, your transition will be marvelous. :)

Thank you Agustin! Yeah, I'm hopeful they will eventually thicken up. There has been definite progress since my last update. I made this little timeline thingy a while back but it's almost 3 months old now and things have improved a bit since then. Need to update it again when I'm not feeling so lazy.

My temple points are good though. I'll try to include a pic where you can see them in my next update. Tbh I never really lost them even at my worst.

9S36hsT.jpg

Damn.. Now that is impressive regrowth. Congrats!

Thanks! I haven't forgotten about getting those pics for you btw. Just incredibly lazy. I'll get around to it soon I promise lol.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm so if I want to get my hair back I have to basically become a woman? Hmm.... after all, life as bald man sucks,so why not try to live as woman with hair-can not be worse than this.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can only hope topical spironolactone gives simliar results.

Damn you oral spironolactone!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm so if I want to get my hair back I have to basically become a woman? Hmm.... after all, life as bald man sucks,so why not try to live as woman with hair-can not be worse than this.

I mean I'm not advocating anybody go down this path. I'm only trying to demonstrate what's possible.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have now read a portion of this thread recedingyt. It's an incredible turnaround, lost for words really. Would you say spironolactone was a better at regrowing than Minoxidil? My guess is spironolactone was better at thickening miniaturised hairs but Minoxidil got you some new growth?

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
I mean I'm not advocating anybody go down this path. I'm only trying to demonstrate what's possible.

I noticed that you take biotin supplements.
I get my biotin from natural resources like mangold, spinach etc.. and my silica from cucumber.

Highly recommend you to invest in a slow rpm juicer for your much needed nutrients.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, life as a bald man is pretty much ****ed. So why not just give it all up to become a woman with hair? Seems like a fair tradeoff for me.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, life as a bald man is pretty much ****ed. So why not just give it all up to become a woman with hair? Seems like a fair tradeoff for me.

Can y'all stop posting **** like this? Snide comments like this are the reason I removed my thread previously. I'm not transitioning because of hair, so stop making it out like I am or like it's a valid reason for transitioning.

And I really don't care if you're just trying to be playful/make a joke, comments like this are just plain rude regardless of intent.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think you look a bit more feminine, something about your facial structure has changed, and your eyes seem different as well. It also looks like you lost a bit of weight? Or at least there was some redistribution of fat around your face.

Either way, congratulations on the hair regrowth. If I was a chemist, right now I would be working on a topical estrogen molecule that would have a long half life with low systemic absorption. That sounds like just the thing we need. I don't know if a topical estrogen would be as effective as the systemic estrogen that you're taking. But I think that, in theory, antagonizing the DHT in the scalp and hair follicles itself would probably be enough to produce these effects. I could be wrong though.

I always used to say that hormones are probably the most poweful tool we have against hair loss and as you can see by the result are way more powerful than we can hope for things like CB or Setipiprant to be. There is a reason that women are so resistant to hair loss and it's either all their estrogen or progesterone. It saddens me that someone is not working on a topical version of that to fight hair loss, it sounds like it would be the bomb if made properly.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your hair looks great, and your face does look more delicate and feminine. I bet I'd be jealous of you in full makeup--you probably look stunning. :D

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone wondering whether or not I'm more feminine now, you guys tell me. Body is very feminine too. Would not recommend a similar regimen to a cis guy.

5OFWZqS.jpg

The result will be great when you're fully transitioned. I see you as female, I wouldn't recognize you as male if I first saw you as you currently are. I think you blend in just fine, and you look happier in the latest pic. :) Keep up with your HRT and the Minoxidil, you've earned the fruits of your labor.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! This year has been quite emotionally taxing but I'm a better, healthier, happier person for having gone through it.

I think my story shows that amazing things would be possible if we had a powerful formulation of antiandrogens/estradiol that doesn't go systemic to use against Androgenetic Alopecia.

I often wonder why the idea isn't being explored more, but I'm no expert on the logistics of such an idea.

I'm sure you're quite stunning yourself Joan :)

But since you mention it, here's a pic I snapped last night before my show. Figured you guys probably have wondered what I actually look like as 'myself' so here it is!

rgiX0IC.jpg

what show, you famous now?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
But since you mention it, here's a pic I snapped last night before my show. Figured you guys probably have wondered what I actually look like as 'myself' so here it is!

rgiX0IC.jpg

Woah, you look so... female! That's amazing. Would never have thought you were born male if I didn't know better.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
recedingyt;1283718 I'm sure you're quite stunning yourself Joan :) But since you mention it said:
http://i.imgur.com/rgiX0IC.jpg[/IMG]

Damn, you barely wear any makeup at all and are soo pretty! You still look like a teenager. I was wondering about your hair too. You can grow it longer and get extensions. I bet they'd look beautiful and be more comfortable than a wig.