Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by recedingyt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. recedingyt

recedingyt Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    This site sucks for image hosting so I will just link to an imgur album with my progress/story. Please read the descriptions.

http://imgur.com/a/XL74b
    • Current regimen:
      • 0.5mg dutasteride - 1x/day
      • 200mg Spironolactone - 1x100mg/morning, 1x100mg/night
      • 6mg estradiol valerate (oral/sublingual) - 1x2mg/morning, 1x2mg/midday, 1x2mg/night
      • 5mg medroxyprogesterone - 1x/day
      • 5% Minoxidil liquid (2 to 3 mL from my crown to just behind my hairline) - 1x/day
      • 15% minoxidil liquid (1 mL on the hairline/temples/temple points) - 1x/day
    • Things I believe to have helped in the past that I plan on picking back up:
      • Dermarolling with a 1.5mm roller 1x/week (no topicals on this day & I only did my temples/hairline)
      • Lithium Chloride immediately after dermarolling
    FAQ:

Q: Why post this if it's not practical for men to use?

A: Because it's meant for other trans women, not men. I have had many post here, PM me, find me on other places like 4chan/tumblr/kageshi/reddit, etc. and tell me how much my story has helped them. You're just not the target audience and that's okay. I also happen to think looking at my story is a good way we can be sure that full recovery is possible, and that maybe one day some treatment will come along that will be able to do the same thing without all of the side effects.

Q: Are you trans because of your hair loss?

A: That's honestly ridiculous, no. If anything I would have transitioned sooner if I had been more well educated on the effects of hormones and such. I never realized they could stop balding and/or make you age like any other woman does and in my head I would have rather been a bald man than a bald woman at the time. I even talked to my parents and my then girlfriend about it when I was 15 or so, before I even started balding. FYI my older sibling is also trans, and I had no idea until I was 19. It's pretty much genetic, I think.

Q: Can I take x amount of spironolactone or estradiol x times a week and not get side effects?

A: Idk and anyone who says they do is fucking with you. There's no way of knowing how your body will respond to anything. You could be extremely sensitive to the medication. I know I am considering how fast my regrowth started and other things like how much breast development I've gotten (I'm a 34C!) so I think it's just impossible to say. My opinion is that if you are a man, and you wish to remain a man, you absolutely should not take hard antiandrogens like spironolactone, and you DEFINITELY want to stay as far away from estrogen as possible. I know what it's like to be a girl in a body that I hate, and I really wouldn't wish it on anyone... which is exactly what would happen if you were to feminize yourself for the sake of hair. You will end up feeling very similarly to most FTMs if I had to guess. Dysphoria is worse than hair loss, trust me!

Attached Files:

#1 recedingyt, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017 at 11:01 AM
  2. davepeters3345

Dislikes Received:
    Dude!!! That is an EXTREMELY aggressive regimen. I've only seen a couple people taking oral spino+estradiols, and they've all seen incredible regrowth. I don't think you'll be any different. Keep it up and goodluck

Vincent777 likes this.
  3. steveo1218

steveo1218 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good drills on the regime - it certainly is a fact the more aggressive you are with meds the more rewards you'll get !!! I'll look forward to seeing your progress pics :)

Vincent777 likes this.
  4. thaxceptional1

Dislikes Received:
    nice results man keep at it

Vincent777 likes this.
  5. kuca

kuca Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just wondering does you nipples hurt all the time,or only when you touch tham?

Vincent777 likes this.
  6. alex85

alex85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    As i said before, you gonna recover up to 1.5-2 Norwood with this regimen.

Vincent777 likes this.
  7. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    only really when i touch them. i definitely have breast buds though, i can feel them under the skin.

i didnt believe id even come close to that before starting.. i honestly thought id be lucky to get back to nw4/nw3.5 but if all the hairs that are on my head thicken and grow to normal length i think you may be right... my hairline is coming back and my crown looks a million times better than it did

8. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    All thats missing in his regimen is RU, dermarolling and some kind of PGD2 inhibitor... perhaps if we got Setipiprant he could incorporate it into his regiment as well and see what happens?

Vincent777 likes this.
  9. bilboswaggins

bilboswaggins Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    hellouser conducting his own clinical trials
    clever thinking

isishearmyplea likes this.
  10. Parsia

Parsia Member

Dislikes Received:
    how do you know he will cover up to 1.5-2 Norwood , would you please tell me the details or at least your fact ?

The drug he use has lots of side effect and not healthy for the body and also he mentioned his transsexual , I also not sure if all these things work like 2 Norwood !

Please tell me your reason.

11. Notcoolanymore

Notcoolanymore Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I need a better monitor, but I am not seeing much improvement at all. At least at this point.

12. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    HRT is pretty pricey so im not really looking to start anything else at the moment, id be willing to try it later down the line though when i can afford it

problem is, the before picture sucks. it's taken in much more forgiving lighting than the afters. i will try to get a better picture today or tomorrow and highlight the areas that are all new growth... its pretty significant tbh

13. @CMP1

@CMP1 Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Any major sides using oral spironolactone? Ive heard its pretty risky....

14. steveo1218

steveo1218 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh ****t is that before and after ? Good gains dude ! People who take high doses of oral spironolactone ALWAYS get amazing results ! Wish I was brave enough ! I've chucked some ****t into my body over the years but draw the line at spironolactone - but I won't say never - fab results mukka

15. The Far Side

The Far Side Member

Dislikes Received:
    Surprised you went for spironolactone as the next step up rather than Dutasteride over finasteride for example. Good luck, this will be an interesting one to follow. Stay safe!

16. doublebatman

doublebatman Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good results. Be interesting to see where this goes. Good luck!

17. SayifDoit

SayifDoit Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's amazing how in a good few (4-6) months you'll most likely be a complete NW2, from practically balding to what others would call a mature hairline. Haha I was about to go on a rant about how you can be ok with having sides and then I read your first post and you're trans lol.

18. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    id be on spironolactone regardless of my hair loss, its a core part of HRT for trans people. it just happens to be a nice side effect that it helps with my hair loss.

i may switch to dutasteride after my supply of finasteride (7 more months) is used up but its about 5x as expensive for me right now which is a pretty big deal for me.

19. The Far Side

The Far Side Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep fair enough. There are a number of topics on here (and particularly on hair loss help) where people have chronicled their experiences with similar regimens which you may want to check out.

20. Parsia

Parsia Member

Dislikes Received:
    The regrowth is very significant in these pics , thanks for sharing us, Wish you complete more Norwood in the near future , be stick with your regimen at least for 9-10 months and then judge about the result ,
    But for guys who are new to this forum : spironolactone ORAL IS NOT SAFE FOR YOUR BODY AND HAS LOTS OF HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS !
    Hair is important but not as much as your health.