Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens! | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums

Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by recedingyt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. recedingyt

recedingyt Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    if you're talking about the temple comparisons, there really wasn't that much change between the two other than the hairs became thicker/darker/longer. it was hard to pick up on camera just how much regrowth was beginning to happen when i did the first pics on feb 10th so when they became easier to see on camera i updated (because someone said they didnt see any improvement, which i knew to be false)

im tempted to post pics again because im running into even more small hairs on my temples/hairline now like i was a few weeks ago but they will be hard to see on camera until they are darker so i will just wait another month or so before i update again.

if you mean how did they grow that long in 2 weeks then all i can say is ive always had insanely fast growing hair, i've cut the back and sides like 3 times now (at least 6cm cut off so far) since the original dec 20th pic just to keep it in line with the growth i have on the top so i dont wind up with a mullet

thaxceptional1 likes this.
  2. julien1200

julien1200 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey,

May I ask you where do you buy you spironolactone ?
    Inhouse ? Or does your Doctor prescribe it to you ?

I would like to find a safe source.

Best

3. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    i buy from alldaychemist but inhouse is safe too

4. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
  5. bilboswaggins

bilboswaggins Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
  6. abman

abman New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, thats really cool! Keep it up man, thats great!

7. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    i saw my ex gf's mom the other day and she stopped me to take a look at me trying to figure out what was different. after a pause she goes "did you get a hair transplant?" lmao

here's a comparison of around the last time she saw me vs now http://imgur.com/a/kGWGp

i think im going to buzz my head or do it with a really low guard sometime soon to even out the length on top. it looks pretty silly right now because of the varying lengths of hair (it doesnt layer as well/create the image of density in areas like my crown at the moment since it is so short compared to the front/mid scalp). in any case this should show a clearer picture to you guys about how much ive really regrown when i get around to it.

8. eenrak

eenrak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Damn that's quick. I think you will reach Norwood 1. Congrats! :)

9. TD500

TD500 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Impressive results good job man.

10. julien1200

julien1200 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    sorry for this question but do you still have erections with spironolactone ?

11. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    the answer to that question is complicated because i am not only on spironolactone, i am taking estradiol as well. when i was taking only spironolactone at the start of my hormone therapy, i had no change in my sexual function or my drive. however, that only lasted a month and then i got on estradiol which almost immediately zapped my sex drive into oblivion.

as for erections now that i'm exactly 2 months on estradiol and 3 months on spironolactone: random erections are gone entirely, including morning wood. I've woken up with morning wood once or twice i guess, but it is very very rare now (and it may have more to do with me missing a dose of my hormones here and there). with that being said i'm still perfectly functional, i get full erections and can keep them without problem.

basically: the only difference is the drive really. my function is the same. YMMV, especially since i'm on more than just spironolactone.

12. brunobald

brunobald Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for sharing your results. Your results point towards a missing piece of the puzzle. Male to female hormones treatment never fails to show impressive regrowth. Good luck.

13. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    On the topic of tansgenders, has anyone paid attention to Larry Wachowski (one of the Matrix movie creators) when he transitioned into Lana Wachowski?

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Is that a wig? If not... holy shit.

14. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    most of the hair looks like dreads but then the hairline is normal. looks like a wig IMO or extensions at least. i also don't know the logistics of dying dreads. it's probably not easy I assume, especially in odd colors like that.

the hairline might be real though.. who knows how long she's been on HRT. i've gotten at least as good of results and i'm only 2 months into estradiol/3 months spironolactone+finasteride, so i'm most likely not even half way to my "peak" results.

15. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_03591.jpg IMG_03601.jpg IMG_03621.jpg

4 months, crown is basically natural density now except in a small spot

mid scalp looking good too now that the new hairs are growing in at a respectable length relative to the other hair

hairline is much improved, still kinda obviously thin but there's a ton of new hair there at the moment as you can see in my 3rd pic which will help fill in/round out my hairline.

all in all my hair is pretty much identical to how it was in 2010 right now, which i'm pretty satisfied with. cant wait for around a year or so on treatment

hairblues likes this.
  16. TD500

TD500 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Very impressed, I really doubt you will have to wait a year to see a nw1 with thick hair. You have responded not only really well, but extremely fast.

17. brunobald

brunobald Member

Dislikes Received:
    Is this for real? I have never seen anything like this before.

18. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Dat dere estrogen, so good for hair. Nice man.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    yup its looking that way, i may not need anywhere near as many grafts as i originally thought to fix my hairline. in fact i may just get a scalp advancement or something if it's cheaper since the results are basically instant

very much for real. i'm as shocked by my results as everyone else is. i haven't had a transplant and i dont work for any companies or anything like that, these are my real results.

oh and i wanted to say that i'm basically quitting minoxidil for now. it's annoying to keep up with and i dont like the way it makes my hair look. i haven't used it in about a month and i haven't noticed any hairs falling out so i think i'm good as far as sheds go.

20. brunobald

brunobald Member

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty cool that you don't need minoxidil. Estrogen must be doing all the work here. Amazing thanks for the updates.