Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought one would be able to get back to Norwood 1 on that dose of spironolactone alone. Thanks for documenting. Since you're trans, have you considered castration?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought one would be able to get back to Norwood 1 on that dose of spironolactone alone. Thanks for documenting. Since you're trans, have you considered castration?

Yeah I'd love to get an orchi but they are expensive (to me anyway). Plus getting them removed will cause the scrotum to shrink, which negatively impacts SRS results. Not sure if it would be worth it in my case.

Great, its a shame you started so late, hair line wont get restored 100% or near that.

Yeah it wont get restored 100% but I think it honestly has a decent chance of restoring close to it. It's hard to show what I mean without a higher quality camera than I currently have so you'll just have to take my word for it that there's enough vellus hairs on my hairline right now that if they all went terminal I'd have pretty close to a NW1-NW1.5 hairline with really good density. I buzzed my head with no guard yesterday and it's amazing how much density I really have up there - its not far from the density on the sides/back of my head at all. I just need to keep using minoxidil since I'm clearly a really good responder. The only thing is my hairline is high, just as it always has been even when I was like pre puberty. Wish I had some pictures to prove it, but yeah I've always had a 5 head pretty much.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Great regrowth!

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

I've recovered from my shed (and then some I think). Not gonna lie, when I first realized just how much progress I had lost I was considering suicide. It sucked sooooo much to see my hair basically lose 6-7 months of worth of progress/new hair growth and me trying to grow it out (it obviously needs to be long if I intend on passing as a woman at some point in the future). I take solace in the idea that I'm pretty sure I've gained ground through this shed, and now that I know how important minoxidil is, a shed of this magnitude should hopefully never happen again. My hairline actually gained a LOT of new hairs this past month... really exciting!

The difference is night and day if you compare the pics. They weren't there before the shed, so this is all new hair on the hairline (my density was higher pre-shed but not the actual hairline shape itself). I know it's probably getting old hearing this but there's also more vellus hairs popping up on my temple points still, so I don't think things are done improving. I've started using minoxidil twice a day again (since 2-3 days ago), but on my morning application I only focus on the hairline. I use about 0.5mL-0.75mL when I do just my hairline. I really hope this will give me the best results possible on my hairline, because it'd be a dream come true if I wound up not even needing a hair transplant in order to have a decent enough hairline that I can hide my deep temples/'M' shaped hairline with either a middle part or bangs.

1.jpg

Mirror for the above image (higher res)

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha you told me some things about price of estradiol and sprio in another thread just a while ago but after reading the first few posts of this thread, I think I shouldn't do such a thing. If it's really that detrimental to your "man health" (penis function, sterillity, libido, etc) like you say then I should probably stay away from it.

It's tempting though because you have such insane regrowth. By far one of the best succes stories I've ever seen.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8/26 update (natural light) -

I think its safe to say that I'm fully recovered from the shed and I think it's actually thicker than before the shed too, yay! Luckily my hair grows fast as **** so you can really see how dense it is now (was kinda hard to tell in my last update since it was a buzz cut which can easily disguise thinness). I'd venture to say that it's almost natural density even? I'm pretty happy right now. My hairline has improved (a tiny amount) but I feel like that's about to kick into overdrive anyday now. the vellus hairs on my temples are definitely getting longer, idk about thicker but hopefully that is soon to follow. Still using minoxidil daily, still on my hormone regimen, etc. Hard to really discern where my final hairline might end up being, but assuming all the vellus hairs that are on my hairline go terminal it will pretty much be NW1-1.5 territory (hardly any signs of recession AND good density, one can hope! :D)

IMG_26051.jpg

updated timeline:

hair progress.jpg

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive, I'd imagine at this point any more sheds you experience you will only rebound with better results.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Wolf Pack for resurrecting the thread :)

On topic: things are going well. Will post an update either tonight or tomorrow.

TryingToJoin0

Reaction score
In regards to oral and topical spironolactone, is oral more effective when it comes to hairloss(or the same?) ? And are the sideffects with oral spironolactone the same with the topical version?

I noticed you put up that warning for the oral spironolactone, but was curious if that applies for the topical version as well.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I think it is important to stress that this person is transgender and is thus taking meds most non-trans males would never take i.e. spironolactone and estrogen. I work with a transgender male to female colleague. This person was about a Norwood 4 prior to starting meds and was placed on a very similar regimen (my colleague is on a higher finasteride dose tho) and this person has had COMPLETE reversal of hairloss with the development of a full head of hair over the course of about a year, albeit with a male hairline. Amazing what the meds can do.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I think it is important to stress that this person is transgender and is thus taking meds most non-trans males would never take i.e. spironolactone and estrogen. I work with a transgender male to female colleague. This person was about a Norwood 4 prior to starting meds and was placed on a very similar regimen (my colleague is on a higher finasteride dose tho) and this person has had COMPLETE reversal of hairloss with the development of a full head of hair over the course of about a year, albeit with a male hairline. Amazing what the meds can do.

No need to specify I'm trans considering I made a big point to stress that I am trans and that cis males should stay away from my regimen, but thanks for your anecdote. It's amazing what estradiol and antiandrogens can do.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to oral and topical spironolactone, is oral more effective when it comes to hairloss(or the same?) ? And are the sideffects with oral spironolactone the same with the topical version?

I noticed you put up that warning for the oral spironolactone, but was curious if that applies for the topical version as well.

Topical spironolactone is safe as it does not go systemic. Oral is definitely more effective than topical, but I advise against using it for hair loss if you are a cis male who intends to stay that way... That is, unless you enjoy the thought of severe ED and growing boobs :^)

shookwun

Reaction score
crazy recovery.

pretty much bald back to a NW2

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It also shows your follicles never die.

At least when it comes to the NW2 and up area.

The Belgian's follicles are alive and angry with the transplanted grafts. They feel they had a short turbulent life and long to grow hair.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey recedecingyt, it's nice to see your success story back up, thank you Wolf Pack. :notworthy

I honestly think you could become a full Norwood 1 if you give those frontal peach fuzz hairs more time to recover. How are your temples points doing? I can't see how your temple points are doing due to the angle your pics were taken.

Other than that, your transition will be marvelous. :)

KRATOS1980

Reaction score
PLEASE TLL ME IS IT AA OR Androgenetic Alopecia ?

HELLO GUYS,
IM A 20 YEAR OLD MALE FROM ITALY
IN OCTOBER I NOTICED A COIN SIZED BALD PATCH. I WAS REALLY STRESSED ABOUT IT AND I DECIDED SHAVE MY HEAD OFF.
ITS BEEN NEARLY 2 MONTHS SINCE I NOTICED IT. CURRENTLY IT LOOKS LIKE THE BALD PATCH IS GONE BUT THE HAIR LOOKS THINNED OR WEIRD I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN. WAS IT AA ? OR IS IT Androgenetic Alopecia?
( PICTURES ARE ATTACHED UNDER ) TODAY I TOOK A PIC WITH FLASH AND WITHOUT.

YOUR ANSWERS WOULD BENEFIT BE ALOT. THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE.

GOOD CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY

photo_2015-12-26_22-12-36.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-38.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-32.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-29.jpg