Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens! | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by recedingyt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. recedingyt

recedingyt Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    yea i want to be clear i am only documenting this so people know how powerful extreme regimens can be

but i STRONGLY ADVISE against using estradiol/spironolactone in cis men. you WILL develop boobs, become depressed, lose almost ALL penis function, permanent sterility, and its generally just not good for your health/liver!!

i frequent 4chan's lgbt board and i see gay guys taking this type of stuff over there to preserve their "boyish" looks (against all warning that it shouldnt be used in cis men, even if you're gay) and they almost always end up regretting it due to irreversible side effects.

2. 19 yo nw7 ftw

19 yo nw7 ftw New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yo i'm a 20 yo man with unbelievable aggressive mb ( thinning hardly in nw5-6 area, soon like OP ), i'm on dutasteride since 3 months now + oral minoxidil since 40-50 days, i just had my T level which is 1247 ng/dl or 43.3 nmol/l, can you tell me if it's WAY higher than the normal or just higher ( i know it is rly above average and i expected it cause of my crazy body hairs everywhere... ) so i decided to start spironolactone 100mg/day since 10 days, does it will reduce my testosterone level ? i read some things that spironolactone wasnt actually that strong for that, the real stuff to reduce your T is androcur (cyproterone acetate ) but i'm not thinking about that yet. ( i'm not trans and i don't want to grow boobs etc )

3. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    I googled it and 1247ng/dL is pretty dang high. According to google:

As for spironolactone, wikipedia had this to say:

So it inhibits your ability to make use of testosterone as well as the production of testosterone. Normally I would not recommend spironolactone to any man who is not okay with possible feminization and I dont think your case is any different... 100mg/day is a pretty low dose considering how high your T levels are but i think if youre going to do this you should monitor your levels very closely because if you suppress your T too much or your estrogen gets high for whatever reason you risk developing gyno/ED among other things...

As an interesting aside, I had a relatively low T level and naturally high E level considering how extensive my male pattern baldness was (these readings were taken BEFORE starting my HRT).

Testosterone: 493 ng/dL
    Estrogen: 122 pg/mL

So with that said I dont think it is always as simple as high T = aggressive male pattern baldness even though there is definitely a link.

4. 19 yo nw7 ftw

19 yo nw7 ftw New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ok thanks, i think i will do 3 months at 100mg/day spironolactone and then test my T again, and you think i should test my E level too ? i don't understand, a high estrogen level shouldn't be better for hair as it's more a female thing ? i guess you had high dht or very sensitive follicles then

5. Nadester

Nadester Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dude honestly with that high Testos id say getting on spironolactone 100mg suddenly is not a very wise choice. Try going from low to high. spironolactone is dose dependent drug. Its primary function is to help water retention by taking off the water from kidney's but it also FREES ESTROGEN/ESTRADIOL from the SHBG.This is the reason why it works for male pattern baldness. Dht and 5ar inhibition comes secondary.
    Increase your does like 25mg for first month then 50 then 100. Not sure what next to say.
    Also its potassium sparring diuretic so look into the side effects of it.
    I read somewhere minoxidil orally with spironolactone IS NOT.SAFE.
    Check for drug interactions.

My advice is to stay on dutasteride for more than a year and then think of spironolactone.
    Spironolactone is not a joke. It makes finasteride and dutasteride look like candy bars infront of it when administered correctly.
    Most people get results but you HAVE to be really desperate to get on it.

Im sorry for cominf off this weird and loud but spironolactone is NO JOKE.

6. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    Yes definitely get your E tested with your T. You dont want that getting too high or you risk feminization. Estrogen is good for your hair generally speaking but it all depends on the person, having high E by itself doesn't necessarily mean you won't lose hair if you have a hormonal imbalance like i apparently did.

as Nadester said you may want to start your dosages a little lower than 100mg/day since it is such a powerful drug. i dont think 100mg day is bad for someone like you as long as you accept possible feminization as a risk, but most people start with 25mg/day for a few weeks, then up to 50mg for another few weeks, etc. until they reach their desired dose because some people react really negatively to the drug. look up side effects before starting so you can keep an eye out. as for oral minoxidil + oral spironolactone, i know some user on here did it for almost a year or something like that without issue. i'm not 100% sure if they have negative interactions but im just saying he did it and went from like nw3 to nw1 i believe. oral minoxidil sounds a little crazy though, personally id stay away from too many drugs that have an impact on your heart (which both minoxidil and spironolactone do)

7. 19 yo nw7 ftw

19 yo nw7 ftw New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on a low dose for oral minoxidil ( 15mg/day ), well the only feminization i would accept is smoother skin ( idk if it's correct ) and less body hair, but definitely not gyno, i guess i will stay with 100mg spironolactone/day until i got no sides, what is the first sign of gyno, nipples hurting ? if it happens to appear, it will disappear if i stop spironolactone or not ? i saw some guys with higher spironolactone doses without any sides so i won't say i'm 100% sure i wont get sides with 100mg but i'm kinda confident...

and yes i'm desperate, lost almost all my hair and still losing 500+ hairs / day...

8. Nadester

Nadester Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lol 15 mg!!! You need ATLEAST 30 or 40 mg of minoxidil for regrowth.
    Still id tell you to ride out dutasteride for more than a year.
    Taking spironolactone with dutasteride is not relevant AND dangerous.
    You are inhibiting DHT with dutasteride and lowering your testos with spironolactone. Also your estrogen is increasing.

YOU WILL get sides with this. I can guarantee you.
    Here is what id say:-
    1. Ride dutasteride for a year and drop oral minoxidil. You have to act sane. Patience is important here.
    2. If you start spironolactone then drop dutasteride and oral minoxidil.
    Start with 25 mgx2 a day AFTER a meal(cramps are usually)reported. Then increase the dose after 1 month till you get till 100 mg.
    Also gyno is far fetched. The reason why recedingyt has it is coz he uses Estrogen pills too.
    Go google and research all you can before you start ANYTHING. Im seriously freaking out here

9. maxou

maxou Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Where do you get that from? I've read that even a low dose of 5mg of oral minoxidil is effective

10. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    sorry im not sure you really know what youre talking about lol ive seen people taking as low as 5mg oral minoxidil and still getting results. dropping dutasteride on spironolactone... why? if hes not getting sides from dutasteride right now then its not like hes going to get sides if he keeps using it considering dutasteride already nukes your DHT by 99% or something like that. dangerous? the dangerous part is the spironolactone, not the dutasteride assuming he was side free before starting spironolactone. also, gyno is not common at low doses but is certainly not something he should write off completely.. yes im intentionally developing gyno using estrogen but just saying that spironolactone doesn't cause gyno very often is irresponsible advice honestly. it can and does cause feminization in males (hence why im on it lol) including but not limited to

if you want to see a real case of what im talking about check this guy out, its almost identical except he is using a higher spironolactone dose and RU58841 (which as far as im aware doesnt cause feminization)

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ine-at-16-NW3-at-19-Now-22-with-Norwood-0-5-1

11. 19 yo nw7 ftw

19 yo nw7 ftw New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I won't drop dutasteride because my wish is to fight both DHT and T so i think it's a good combo, and ye i have absolutely no sides at all with dutasteride ( even my semen didn't turn into water AT ALL after 3 months so i think i won't get sides on dutasteride or it will be little ones )
    I also read good results with low oral minoxidil dosage, and i don't really know if i want to increase my dosage, 15mg is like in the ' middle ' between low and high dose and i don't want to take crazy risks for my heart so i'll wait before upping my loniten dose ( thats oral minoxidil name btw )

12. smyth01

smyth01 Established Member

Dislikes Received:

Really dangerous advise.

13. 19 yo nw7 ftw

19 yo nw7 ftw New Member

Dislikes Received:
    And i also wanted to know, is topical minoxidil completely useless next to oral minoxidil ?

14. alex85

alex85 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You will probably need 1000-1500 grafts hair transplant in future(hairline repair) to reach solid NW1. With your regimen on, ofc.

15. Raz

Raz Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am sure your results will be fantastic, dude. Already starting to show up.

16. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    yeah, i am hopeful that i wont need too many grafts. i want natural density on the hairline and the crown though so it is truly like i was never bald. i was thinking around 3-4k grafts, mostly placed in the hairline. hard to say though because im noticing even more vellus hairs popping up on the hairline still, so i may get better results there than i anticipated. i expected the bulk of my regrowth to be in the crown/midscalp but it's happening all over.

thanks man

17. Stephen788

Stephen788 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I wouldn't opt for too many grafts, you'll definately need to touch up your crown some time in the future aswell.

18. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    yea i know, my crown and hairline are the two most important areas for me because if I have long hair i can easily hide thin spots in the midscalp with hair from my crown. plus like 80% of my mid scalp is actually pretty dense tbh.

i was thinking like 2k grafts to reconstruct my hairline and like 1-2k in the crown. im not especially worried about having a high hairline either because i always did even before puberty, i just want it to be a natural hairline shape/density because i could always have a hairline reduction sometime in the future if I opt for facial feminization surgery

19. davepeters3345

davepeters3345 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Unbelievable. Keep it up and grats

20. thaxceptional1

thaxceptional1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    how did u grow that much in 2 weeks?