Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude!!! That is an EXTREMELY aggressive regimen. I've only seen a couple people taking oral spino+estradiols, and they've all seen incredible regrowth. I don't think you'll be any different. Keep it up and goodluck

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Good drills on the regime - it certainly is a fact the more aggressive you are with meds the more rewards you'll get !!! I'll look forward to seeing your progress pics :)

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering does you nipples hurt all the time,or only when you touch tham?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
All thats missing in his regimen is RU, dermarolling and some kind of PGD2 inhibitor... perhaps if we got Setipiprant he could incorporate it into his regiment as well and see what happens?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
As i said before, you gonna recover up to 1.5-2 Norwood with this regimen.

how do you know he will cover up to 1.5-2 Norwood , would you please tell me the details or at least your fact ?

The drug he use has lots of side effect and not healthy for the body and also he mentioned his transsexual , I also not sure if all these things work like 2 Norwood !

Please tell me your reason.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh ****t is that before and after ? Good gains dude ! People who take high doses of oral spironolactone ALWAYS get amazing results ! Wish I was brave enough ! I've chucked some ****t into my body over the years but draw the line at spironolactone - but I won't say never - fab results mukka

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Surprised you went for spironolactone as the next step up rather than Dutasteride over finasteride for example. Good luck, this will be an interesting one to follow. Stay safe!

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how in a good few (4-6) months you'll most likely be a complete NW2, from practically balding to what others would call a mature hairline. Haha I was about to go on a rant about how you can be ok with having sides and then I read your first post and you're trans lol.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
id be on spironolactone regardless of my hair loss, its a core part of HRT for trans people. it just happens to be a nice side effect that it helps with my hair loss.

i may switch to dutasteride after my supply of finasteride (7 more months) is used up but its about 5x as expensive for me right now which is a pretty big deal for me.
Yep fair enough. There are a number of topics on here (and particularly on hair loss help) where people have chronicled their experiences with similar regimens which you may want to check out.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so i found an old pic on my phone of just before starting treatment (before pic is around dec 20th, same hair as in the first pic of my post except in harsher lighting) and i tried to recreate it. as you can see there has for sure been significant improvement and i expect it will only get better in a few more months. i almost want to classify myself NW4 now instead of NW5. idk more pics later showing all the new growth/small hairs just coming in.

View attachment 31382View attachment 31383

yes it is definitely risky for men to take but i am trans so the sides are pretty much all positives for me

as for sides i was not on just spironolactone for very long but estradiol has killed my sex drive, its much harder to get/maintain an erection now, and im sure to develop boobs in the next few months. definitely not recommended unless youre in a similar boat to me.

The regrowth is very significant in these pics , thanks for sharing us, Wish you complete more Norwood in the near future , be stick with your regimen at least for 9-10 months and then judge about the result ,
But for guys who are new to this forum : spironolactone ORAL IS NOT SAFE FOR YOUR BODY AND HAS LOTS OF HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS !
Hair is important but not as much as your health.

19 yo nw7 ftw

Reaction score
Yo i'm a 20 yo man with unbelievable aggressive mb ( thinning hardly in nw5-6 area, soon like OP ), i'm on dutasteride since 3 months now + oral minoxidil since 40-50 days, i just had my T level which is 1247 ng/dl or 43.3 nmol/l, can you tell me if it's WAY higher than the normal or just higher ( i know it is rly above average and i expected it cause of my crazy body hairs everywhere... ) so i decided to start spironolactone 100mg/day since 10 days, does it will reduce my testosterone level ? i read some things that spironolactone wasnt actually that strong for that, the real stuff to reduce your T is androcur (cyproterone acetate ) but i'm not thinking about that yet. ( i'm not trans and i don't want to grow boobs etc )

19 yo nw7 ftw

Reaction score
Ok thanks, i think i will do 3 months at 100mg/day spironolactone and then test my T again, and you think i should test my E level too ? i don't understand, a high estrogen level shouldn't be better for hair as it's more a female thing ? i guess you had high dht or very sensitive follicles then

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude honestly with that high Testos id say getting on spironolactone 100mg suddenly is not a very wise choice. Try going from low to high. spironolactone is dose dependent drug. Its primary function is to help water retention by taking off the water from kidney's but it also FREES ESTROGEN/ESTRADIOL from the SHBG.This is the reason why it works for male pattern baldness. Dht and 5ar inhibition comes secondary.
Increase your does like 25mg for first month then 50 then 100. Not sure what next to say.
Also its potassium sparring diuretic so look into the side effects of it.
I read somewhere minoxidil orally with spironolactone IS NOT.SAFE.
Check for drug interactions.

My advice is to stay on dutasteride for more than a year and then think of spironolactone.
Spironolactone is not a joke. It makes finasteride and dutasteride look like candy bars infront of it when administered correctly.
Most people get results but you HAVE to be really desperate to get on it.

Im sorry for cominf off this weird and loud but spironolactone is NO JOKE.