I'm Becoming Very Disappointed With These Companies

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, I'm glad this thread happened because it's shown me something important: There are two sides to the "blue pill".

The only thing "sad" that's happening here is the amount of butthurt and how I have to defend a personal belief that doesn't even affect you.

I never used to understand how or why I had such a strong likes : message ratio, but now it's obvious: The truth only matters to people on here as long as it's convenient. Yes, passed a certain age, life does get increasingly more difficult to enjoy to its fullest. Don't believe me? Go to any old-folks home. For every 80 year old that still possesses Mel Brooks' level of energy and enthusiasm, there are 1000x more sitting in their wheelchairs shitting their pants and unable to tell yesterday from last month. You're going to be like Mel (who's actually 90) though, and not like the average person? Right. I said I don't want to live be in that state and think middle-age is a reasonable amount of time to have lived that would save you from such a fate.

What do I get for that? Personal attacks and accused of being "disrespectful" to two trolls. One of which has been on my nuts since before I joined here and the other who is salty af because I take the word of scientists and their research over his ignorant, pessimistic rhetoric and hope for future technologies to fail so that he can't blame baldness for his personal problems anymore. What do I get for that kind of thing? Praise, apparently. Yeah, go me; tell those people it's not like the 80s anymore, Japanese laws are more progressive, expose how that obsessive weight lifter is just hiding his insecurity behind machismo, say women don't generally like bald guys, tell off that naysayer who's using the same disproven arguments as 1000x before, share a funny .gif! Say, "Hey, life starts to suck more and more as you get older and I think I'd rather go before I get very old." and it's like vultures on a f*****g dead gazelle.

The best anyone can do to show why I'm not allowed to have the right to live my life this way or have the audacity to say they know what I'll think in the future is mental gymnastics about "optimism", personal attacks and my post count. What a joke.

Two sides to the blue pill: Those who reject reality entirely and those who only care about reality when it's convenient.

Why you getting emotional bruh?

I thought you didn't care what people think

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you getting emotional bruh?

I thought you didn't care what people think

I don't. It's just funny with a large helping of depressing how everyone here is so against "blue pill" mentalities, but here we are, on the opposite side of the same coin.

"Being bald isn't a big deal! It's just hair! Just shave it bro! It's all about confidence" = derided for being the load of garbage it is.

"Being old isn't a big deal! Age is just a number! You've just gotta think positive and stuff!" = perfectly acceptable.

This, despite the fact that balding is, like wrinkles, declining cognitive function, declining motor function, increased likelihood of infection and disease, bygone career, etc. an inevitability of getting old. The entire argument against me here in the thread can be summed as "Stuff gets increasingly bad and/or more difficult as you get old, but none of this matters if you're confident!"

One extreme rejects the concept completely; the other accepts the concept, but rejects specifics of the concept that don't apply to them yet or base their expectations on exceptions rather than the rule.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
omg TL;DR lol

Dude, no one's going to ready your essays; try being more succinct if you want to participate.

It wouldn't be an issue if you had more than a 3rd grader's level of reading ability. It takes a whole ten seconds to read that, at most.

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope Histogen will open a center in Tirkush like Noisette said. It's better for europeans.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy No doubt you're entitled to your own beliefs in every aspect of life. It's yours and no one else. But I really do feel bad for you if you think 40ish is a good time to die. You're 25 and claim to have completed a good amount of things on your bucket list. How short is this list of yours? I am about to be 28 in a few months and I haven't begun to scratch the surface of my life goals. You struck a nerve in a lot of people, including myself, because your statement echoes a lack of appreciation of ones own life, when so many people out there are much less fortunate in that aspect and would give anything to live another year with their loved ones. If you live past 40 and youve done everything you wanted, why not dedicate the rest of your life by giving back and helping those less fortunate? Just an idea if you so happen to reach the unfortunate age of 40.

You seem to be well versed in many aspects of the hair loss war, so I can assume you're not dense. So many advances for anti aging are available today, coupled with even more readily available information to better help live a long healthy life. Invest in your health and your 40s will be like your 20s, with the addition of a lot more wisdom and disposable income.

I admit, I have my moments. Some days I am in a shitty mood and angry at the world just because I am slowly losing my hair. Pisses me the hell off, but what helps me is thinking about how blessed I am, and try to move on and do whatever I can to slow it down.

My hope is one of these hair loss treatments coming out follow a similar path as the smart phone. The iphone debuted in 2007, and 10 years later we cant imagine life without a smart phone. The moment these treatments come out,with or without solid proof of effectiveness, im hopping on a plane and getting it done. You cannot put a price on my hair, and I will pay what ever it takes.

In my profession, we are in our prime between 30-60, and I'm ahead of schedule. I cannot fathom wanting to cut my life off at 40. This thing we call life is too fun.

This is my opinion, and it's that your outlook in life is very immature. Your response to those who criticized you is telling of that. I know you don't care what I think, but at least now you know what I think :)

I really cant tell if you are just trolling us in this thread. It's late and im brain dead, so lets not go grammer nazi on me if I rambled. I just spent the last 8 hours catching up on my hair loss readings all over the internet.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The matter has been discussed, but replies were lost in the rollback, so stop talking to me about it.

The jist is that I feel middle age is a good amount of time to have lived and therefore a good time to go before old age starts to gradually deteriorate your quality of life and I don't care if you disagree. It's hypocritical on this site how people are able to be honest about how balding (aging) affects your quality of life socially, but get bent out of shape and go on personal attacks, feeding you the same kind of BS cope when faced with the reality that they will be physically and mentally less capable and more susceptible to disease due to age. People have been more understanding of people who've killed themselves due to hairloss. Apparently, being bald is worse than being 70 and decrepit.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you don't care what I think. You don't know me or anyone else here, so why should you. LMAO i really cant comprehend someone wanting to kill themself over their hair loss. Did they go from a 10/10 to a 2/10 in the looks department? That's insane...... literally. At the end of the day, its 90% mental. You have you beliefs and I have my own. Our outlook in life dictates how you live and if you're happy, that's all that matters.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im nw2 diffuse thinning to Norwood 5 and yes, I would definitely go from an 8/10 to a 2/10. I think it really depends on the personal outlook. With most people i know baldness barely affects their attractiveness though.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The matter has been discussed, but replies were lost in the rollback, so stop talking to me about it.

The jist is that I feel middle age is a good amount of time to have lived and therefore a good time to go before old age starts to gradually deteriorate your quality of life and I don't care if you disagree. It's hypocritical on this site how people are able to be honest about how balding (aging) affects your quality of life socially, but get bent out of shape and go on personal attacks, feeding you the same kind of BS cope when faced with the reality that they will be physically and mentally less capable and more susceptible to disease due to age. People have been more understanding of people who've killed themselves due to hairloss. Apparently, being bald is worse than being 70 and decrepit.

even if i did go completely bald... and you regrew all your hair.... your wife would rather bang me... fact

dont forget that

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah some people in 20 looks like they are 35-40. And some looks for 20 in their 35-40.

I dont know if its that simple. I think a good percentage of how you age is based on genetics. Also I do think for men hair is decent part of that since most men do bald as they get older that works to your advantage if your lucky enough to keep your hair since then its unusual making you look younger.
All im saying is some parts of looking young for your age are not under your control IMO. Some are but some arent.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very little of external signs of aging have to do with genetics; as much as 90% of it is due to years of damage from the suns UVA rays.

Take good care of your skin, where sunscreen, dress well, eat well, maintain your hair and exercise and you can appear younger than you really are for a very long time. Also, attitude is a big thing: don't be like "Oh I'm too old for that sh*t" and disregard new things.

My grandparents are like this. They're almost 70 and look and act like they're in their late 40s at worst. In fact, yesterday I was hanging out with a friend and we ran into my grandparents and he was like "Who are those people?" and he couldn't believe they were my grandparents.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if you do age badly and get wrinkles fairly early on, it's still nowhere near as fatal for your looks as baldness is. Not even close.

In fact, a bit part of what we today perceive as ageing can be chalked up to baldness. Take that out of the equation and you'd be shocked at the levels of hotness you can pull off well into your forties.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very little of external signs of aging have to do with genetics; as much as 90% of it is due to years of damage from the suns UVA rays.

Take good care of your skin, where sunscreen, dress well, eat well, maintain your hair and exercise and you can appear younger than you really are for a very long time. Also, attitude is a big thing: don't be like "Oh I'm too old for that sh*t" and disregard new things.

My grandparents are like this. They're almost 70 and look and act like they're in their late 40s at worst. In fact, yesterday I was hanging out with a friend and we ran into my grandparents and he was like "Who are those people?" and he couldn't believe they were my grandparents.

90% your full of it man...

why pull random numbers out your arse you know nothing

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
90% your full of it man...

why pull random numbers out your arse you know nothing

Hey douche canoe, maybe before accusing someone of talking out their ***, check yourself because you have most definitely rekt yourself. I've shared this 100x on these forums and you can read the scientific studies linked within the articles.

Dermatologists repeatedly put the % around the same.

You can read about it here

Here

Here

and Here

Also, check out this trucker who's left side of his face spent the majority of its time in the sun

Screen-shot-2012-06-03-at-4.10.16-PM.png

Sorry to rip you out of your fantasy land, where you can just blame "genetics" for everything.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey douche canoe, maybe before accusing someone of talking out their ***, check yourself because you have most definitely rekt yourself. I've shared this 100x on these forums and you can read the scientific studies linked within the articles.

Dermatologists repeatedly put the % around the same.

You can read about it here

Here

Here

and Here

Also, check out this trucker who's left side of his face spent the majority of its time in the sun

Screen-shot-2012-06-03-at-4.10.16-PM.png

Sorry to rip you out of your fantasy land, where you can just blame "genetics" for everything.

That ugly photo is really convincing.