I'm Becoming Very Disappointed With These Companies

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
whoa... Jesus lol damn dude. Man im 34 be 35 in November aint nothing over! Its just started. Your 20's are so overrated. Trust me on That! But in your 20's you think sh*t like that. I probably did too, "40??? Id rather be dead" There's plenty to do, you don't have to marry a woman 7 years later you hate, work a job that blows and take your brat kid everywhere in your fleeting spare time. CHOICES. I live like im in my 20's just a lil more mature(barely) and understand a lil more. Idk 40 scared me in my 20's now its just a number. I guess it helps people think im 25 lol anyway im just busting your balls on the 40 hate LOL

If you haven't, read my post immediately before yours, as it summarizes my thoughts.

I also love my job and don't plan on ever being a parent, so those aren't issues.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks getting old, sucks being bald. We all want to look and feel young in our 20's, 30's, 40's and so on. Our only hope is that in the future medicine will cure all of humanities flaws and we can be forever young and with full heads of hair, never worrying about diseases, aging and other sh*t.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you haven't, read my post immediately before yours, as it summarizes my thoughts.

I also love my job and don't plan on ever being a parent, so those aren't issues.
i gotcha man, i was just giving you a lil sh*t lol i didnt realize until after everyone else was getting pissed at ya. Or i wouldn't have wrote it. Honestly you can feel however you want. Who's to say im right in how i feel compared to how you feel or vice versa

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's what people say, but usually at that point your life is basically over; any legacy you were going to leave, travel you were going to do, career you were going to have, etc. has come to pass. This is exactly why you see so many dance/soccer moms or middle-aged sports dads living their lives through their kids. From here on out, it's just you getting old.

My only concern is to try to keep myself in good shape, look how I want, go where I want and further my career. Once I get to the point where "old age" is all I have left to look forward to, I'd much rather punch my ticket then.

Sorry dude I'm not going to get into a ping-pong match about it but this statement pretty much shows your immaturity. In your late 30s and 40's, unless you're doing manual labor is when you will be starting to make the big bucks and positioning yourself to be at the top, it's all about experience and wisdom both of which take time to acquire no matter how clever you think you are.

Last edited:

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, studies and surveys seem to go against the notion that "younger is happier". There is an expected slump around 40-50 but it goes way up shortly after.

Can't be assed to find more thorough studies so here's a quick Google search instead:

http://www.economist.com/node/17722567
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35471624
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/at-what-age-does-happiness-peak/
http://uk.businessinsider.com/age-people-are-happiest-2016-5?r=US&IR=T
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/good-new...-adults-are-at-their-healthiest-and-happiest/

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry dude I'm not going to get into a ping-pong match about it but this statement pretty much shows your immaturity. In your late 30s and 40's, unless you're doing manual labor is when you will be starting to make the big bucks and positioning yourself to be at the top, it's all about experience and wisdom both of which take time to acquire no matter how clever you think you are.

You can all stop quoting me about it because I literally do not give a sh*t what any of you think. This started because you were like "try being 40". I don't think I want to try being 40 and I explained how I feel about it, but then got my *** chewed out by waves of people who can't understand that not everyone sees a point in living forever. This is not some objective thing, where you can sit and say "Well, I or my grandparents think everything is hunky-dory at their old age" or link to some study and change my mind about it.

I worked my *** off since I was a teenager to get the kind of work most people would call a "dream job", I guess. I'm not concerned with climbing some corporate ladder or anything; I just hope to work on really high-profile projects.

So back to our regular-scheduled programming: Yes, I feel the future is bright for several of these hairloss companies.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally do not give a sh*t what any of you think

Lol. People say this kind of thing when they desperately want people to think they don't care what they think

If you truly didn't care what anyone thought, you would be ignoring all these responses and going on with your day. It's ok, I care what people think of me too

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that it's because I only know your Internet persona and hope that you aren't actually like this in person, but you should be aware that in many of your posts on here you come across as an elitist prick. I recommend some self evaluation

Skin

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what people say, but usually at that point your life is basically over; any legacy you were going to leave, travel you were going to do, career you were going to have, etc. has come to pass. This is exactly why you see so many dance/soccer moms or middle-aged sports dads living their lives through their kids. From here on out, it's just you getting old.

My only concern is to try to keep myself in good shape, look how I want, go where I want and further my career. Once I get to the point where "old age" is all I have left to look forward to, I'd much rather punch my ticket then.
That's the funniest and most hopeless thing I've read in years.

When I compare how 40 somethings were in the 80's to how they are now it's obvious not old age! I know guys in there 40's competing in ironmans showing kids in their 20's up!

abcdefg

Reaction score
I just logged in today to ask if male pattern baldness is cured yet? It wasnt yesterday when I checked so I wondered if today maybe someone fixed it?

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pavi I can understand what you mean, but there is more going on for treating hairloss now than ever before

I usually like your posts, but in this thread I really don't. But it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. You might view things differently once you're 40, or maybe not. Who knows...

Personally, I see life in different stages and I enjoy it in different ways at the different ages. Some things were better in my teens and some worse. The same goes for my 20s and also true in my 30s. I'm pretty sure same goes for my 40s once and if I get there.

I have regrets about things I have done and a few about things I wish I had done. However, I am proud of the person I am today and I enjoy my life with my kids and wife and I do not want to turn back time, except for the hairline that is...

I also have eternally single friends who never want kids in their early 40s. Seems like and they also say they very much enjoy life as well.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like this post.

EDIT: But only because of its optimism and it more or less demonstrates my point.

What you gonna do if that doesn't work out? I'm a believer in the ways of Tsuji as well, but let's talk "what ifs" here.

What if it doesn't? What happens when you can't "lift" anymore? What happens when you start to slow down? Your girlfriend won't ever know the way you "used to be". That's the funny thing here: I'm saying that once you get old, your stories all become about how you USED to be rather than what you ARE or will be. Nope, your hairloss will hold back (because that's what it all hinges on) your confidence and prevent you from doing all you ever wanted to do for the remainder of your life — forever a shadow of your former self.

That's really what getting old is.

I say I don't want to live dwelling on the past and all you people go apeshit. Please, this is just people ganging up on me essentially for having a different lifestyle and values. At less than a quarter-century old, I've scratched most of the things off the bucket list. So I have to wonder what all these middle-aged people who are just planning on living it up now or later have been doing all this time. You want to get old and fumble to find meaning when your body (and possibly mind) have gone to sh*t? Fine, but I don't.

Deal with it.

Yeah, now i see your point. Im ready for death.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I rip out my Norwood 3vwxyz/4abc hair, and become a six

Our treatment options suck (in the present state).

Aging sucks (older people can't really get the same results, it's a fact. Sorry 30+ year olds, your
just too damn old! ).

Trolling sucks.

ADHD sucks.

Bipolar sucks.

Ben Affleck really sucks! Don't believe me? Watch Superman versus Batman (born full head,
do I even need a reason?).

Did I miss anything?

I always assumed Ben Affleck had hair proceducre/hair system combo.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
It does worry me that I sometimes use people on this forums views to validate my own insecurities about my hairloss, and then every so often one of them comes up with this kind of nonsense.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure it's all that bad. There's a ton of 40+ hotties out there I'd bang in a second and I'm only in my late 20s myself.
Sure they all have excellent hair but that's just it - provided you stay in shape, take care of yourself and actually have good hair, age doesn't really need to be that big of an issue.

As for how likely you are to actually keep your hair past 35 and how many men manage to maintain their looks - that's a different story entirely.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
The pessimistic nature of this thread is also counter-productive. Are we expecting male pattern baldness to be cured overnight? I've not been in the game long, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out this is a long game. Just get on a regimen, put your hairloss to the background of your life, and live it. We are about to get an in-depth interview with Riken shortly, as well as being able to monitor those on the group buy for Brotzu to interest you in the short-term. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have some more information regarding Brotzu, Histogen and Replicel. PATIENCE PLEASE.

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on one forum or another for about 20 years. TWENTY YEARS. In that time, do you know what new drug was released? Dutasteride. And it's still off label. I've seen it all - Follica, Intercytex, etc. Nothing is going to show up tomorrow. Nothing is going to show up next year. Nothing is going to show up "in five years." 20 years? I'd be shocked if there wasn't a new protocol within the next 20 years (and by then, if it wasn't genome-based, I'd be very disappointed), but a more near-term projection beyond that is not only optimistic, it's counter to history.

Those of you on tenterhooks waiting for something by 2018, forget about it - get an hair transplant and move on with your life.

I understand it's been hard for you. But times have changed. I'm afraid the older generations who have felt the pain of nothing coming to save them and continuously try to dent the enthusiasm of the younger generations has now gone beyond healthy scepticism, and into the realms of absurdity. Look at it a different way... as you've pointed out, there has been very little, if anything for 20+ years. Instead of believing this pattern will continue, do you not think we are about due something significant?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you're already a loser (who else would have 400 posts since July, not to mention how much detail you put into them); you're clearly not doing much with your time anyway, so what's gonna change at 40 for you? Why not just end it now?

It takes me around a minute or two to type most of these posts.

Most people these days have absolutely piss-poor reading and writing skills.

Not sure it's all that bad. There's a ton of 40+ hotties out there I'd bang in a second and I'm only in my late 20s myself.
Sure they all have excellent hair but that's just it - provided you stay in shape, take care of yourself and actually have good hair, age doesn't really need to be that big of an issue.

As for how likely you are to actually keep your hair past 35 and how many men manage to maintain their looks - that's a different story entirely.

Literally all of the "celebrity" women I think are hot are over 40. Kate Beckinsale, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Aniston, Tricia Helfer...

My point was less about looks and more about goals and overall health into middle age and beyond. Yeah, if I wind up 50 and in good physical and mental health, that will be great, but if I wind up that age with nothing left to look forward to, save for getting old, I'd be fine with not waking up the next day. Honestly, it's a liberating feeling; preferring death rather than age and inability.

EDIT: Perhaps this is where the rage comes in. I said I consider 40 "optimal age to die", but I did not say "Oh, I'm going to kill myself at 40". I'm saying, I'd take death at 40 while in good health over decades of deterioration — which is what happens to most people.

I understand it's been hard for you. But times have changed. I'm afraid the older generations who have felt the pain of nothing coming to save them and continuously try to dent the enthusiasm of the younger generations has now gone beyond healthy scepticism, and into the realms of absurdity. Look at it a different way... as you've pointed out, there has been very little, if anything for 20+ years. Instead of believing this pattern will continue, do you not think we are about due something significant?

You cannot reason with these naysayers. It's not hard to see why they feel this way, but I do wish they would not let their past get in the way of discussing contemporary science.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on one forum or another for about 20 years. TWENTY YEARS. In that time, do you know what new drug was released? Dutasteride. And it's still off label. I've seen it all - Follica, Intercytex, etc. Nothing is going to show up tomorrow. Nothing is going to show up next year. Nothing is going to show up "in five years." 20 years?

Twenty years ago was nintendo. Today is PS4. Just a few years ago, we had to spend days sequencing DNA, now we can do it in minutes. You don't really know what is going to show up in the next five years.