I'm Becoming Very Disappointed With These Companies

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm becoming ever so pessimistic about a new treatment being here by 2018. Follica has already delayed, who knows what samumed is doing, I also haven't heard anything about histogen or replicel. JAK inhibitors I'm not so sure work for Androgenetic Alopecia and Riken is years away. Brotzu, who knows, and everything else is 5-10 years away.

I hate being the Debbie downer, so someone please play devils advocate with me and prove me wrong

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
No one has more info then u do to play Devils advocate. We wait, there's no other option. A solution is inevitable, I suggest in the mean time instead of worrying when the treatment will come out you should spend ur time working out, working on ur career, whatever else u can to better ur self. Worst case scenario you didn't waste time waiting on a solution to ur hair and you'll have something else to offer, best case scenario you have something extra to offer and hair. I hope this resonates with u bro. I hope I didn't come off insensitive. I've been personally losing weight. I noticed the more goal oriented I became with this the less I think about hair loss and when the new treatment will come out. You do have to admit it is looking like they're will be a new treatment coming out eventually even if it's not 2018. There's more companies then ever working on a treatment. It's a matter of time. I wouldn't worry about the timeline anymore and live ur life. It'll be here before u know it.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one has more info then u do to play Devils advocate. We wait, there's no other option. A solution is inevitable, I suggest in the mean time instead of worrying when the treatment will come out you should spend ur time working out, working on ur career, whatever else u can to better ur self. Worst case scenario you didn't waste time waiting on a solution to ur hair and you'll have something else to offer, best case scenario you have something extra to offer and hair. I hope this resonates with u bro. I hope I didn't come off insensitive. I've been personally losing weight. I noticed the more goal oriented I became with this the less I think about hair loss and when the new treatment will come out. You do have to admit it is looking like they're will be a new treatment coming out eventually even if it's not 2018. There's more companies then ever working on a treatment. It's a matter of time. I wouldn't worry about the timeline anymore and live ur life. It'll be here before u know it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement my man. My hair situation has gotten way better since I began taking minoxidil and lasercomb and 2% keto but I just want the day to come where I have my full and thick curly hair back. I'm only 20 and it sucks to know that less than 5% of guys my age are dealing with this. I'm probably a thinner NW2 but it still sucks having to spend hours on my hair and feel social anxiety about it

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm becoming ever so pessimistic about a new treatment being here by 2018. Follica has already delayed, who knows what samumed is doing, I also haven't heard anything about histogen or replicel. JAK inhibitors I'm not so sure work for Androgenetic Alopecia and Riken is years away. Brotzu, who knows, and everything else is 5-10 years away.

I hate being the Debbie downer, so someone please play devils advocate with me and prove me wrong

Brotzu is making announcement (i believe from thread) in November..thats around corner.

I can't really speak to other stuff off top of head. (I thought Histogen was coming in 2017 in Mexico?)

Almost 200 of us (myself included) purchased the cream and their will be plenty of test subjects over next few months.
IF that works that is a potentially huge game changer available NOW.

It's really one f*****g year to hole on for a lot of these treatments to come out. 12-15 months. Not a cure but huge game changers could be on way.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement my man. My hair situation has gotten way better since I began taking minoxidil and lasercomb and 2% keto but I just want the day to come where I have my full and thick curly hair back. I'm only 20 and it sucks to know that less than 5% of guys my age are dealing with this. I'm probably a thinner NW2 but it still sucks having to spend hours on my hair and feel social anxiety about it

I'm 22, I know exactly what ur talking about. We're the lucky ones tbh. We'll probably have a decent solution and still be "young". I take solace in that fact lol. I'm around nw2/3 and I can still hide my hair loss decently. I noticed while I'm out with ppl they don't comment or notice and I don't think about it either. It's only when I'm alone where I think about it. If you feel like your getting over burdened with this sh*t, I recommend asking a friend to hang out. It's crazy how fast you forget about it when hanging out and laughing/thinking about other things.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu is making announcement (i believe from thread) in November..thats around corner.

I can't really speak to other stuff off top of head. (I thought Histogen was coming in 2017 in Mexico?)

Almost 200 of us (myself included) purchased the cream and their will be plenty of test subjects over next few months.
IF that works that is a potentially huge game changer available NOW.

It's really one f*****g year to hole on for a lot of these treatments to come out. 12-15 months. Not a cure but huge game changers could be on way.

Let's hope man! I WISH follica would release their product. 25 terminal hairs per cm2 is a cure for me

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22, I know exactly what ur talking about. We're the lucky ones tbh. We'll probably have a decent solution and still be "young". I take solace in that fact lol. I'm around nw2/3 and I can still hide my hair loss decently. I noticed while I'm out with ppl they don't comment or notice and I don't think about it either. It's only when I'm alone where I think about it. If you feel like your getting over burdened with this sh*t, I recommend asking a friend to hang out. It's crazy how fast you forget about it when hanging out and laughing/thinking about other things.

Very true. I would take finasteride but I'm paranoid about side effects and my DHT levels are literally very low. 1 value above being too low actually. I think my hair follicles would up regulate androgens at that point

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very true. I would take finasteride but I'm paranoid about side effects and my DHT levels are literally very low. 1 value above being too low actually. I think my hair follicles would up regulate androgens at that point

How is your progress with current treatments?

Did you talk to Dr about topical DHT fighters? Not suggesting i am very new to this. Im a woman I just purchased topical spironolactone (not good for men i dont think ) going to try this for a while. I know there are men DHT fighting topicals they talk about on here a lot...Dont know which go systemic or not. I think some use topical Finestrade? If it does not go systemic this may be another option if you start to lose ground. But probably won't need--its really not that long.. Im 45 I do remember at 20 time felt very slow a year felt like a long time..at 45 it does not seem as long..I don't know if this is universal perception or not but try to hold on..Other guy gave GREAT advice..going to follow some myself.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell me about it bro. Got in shape, started gym n all and then out of nowhere male pattern baldness struck me, temples receded in a matter of days, I quit gym, not able to concentrate on studies and now I am out of shape too :(. My forehead is huge and I can't even look myself in the mirror. I wish there was something out there to save us from this cancer.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell me about it bro. Got in shape, started gym n all and then out of nowhere male pattern baldness struck me, temples receded in a matter of days, I quit gym, not able to concentrate on studies and now I am out of shape too :(. My forehead is huge and I can't even look myself in the mirror. I wish there was something out there to save us from this cancer.

This is so true for me too, everyone tells you to "shave it and go to the gym brah", but balding actually makes me want to workout LESS. It's so demotivating when I actually started to give a sh*t about my appearance for the first time in my life and then this disease decides to kick you in the nuts

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is so true for me too, everyone tells you to "shave it and go to the gym brah", but balding actually makes me want to workout LESS. It's so demotivating when I actually started to give a sh*t about my appearance for the first time in my life and then this disease decides to kick you in the nuts

It's a sad situation for us. My only hope is Tsuji to be honest. I am praying day and night that we do get it by 2020. I am ready to live a shi*** life if I can get my life back after 4 years from now.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently 24.

By the time I am 26, the following quite likely will have come to pass:

- Histogen

- Brotzu Lotion

- ShiseidoCel

I'm particularly interested in that last one because next year, I plan to get a transplant (assuming I can maintain what I have) which would bring me back to Norwood Nothing. That means that in 2 years from now, I could get Shiseido's treatment (if they meet their launch goal) and be done with male pattern baldness forever.

Tsuji is still on track for 2020, in which case I'd be 27 - 28 years old.

For me, the absolute worst case scenario with these treatments is that I'd be very late 20s or early 30s when they are commercialized.

There is hope

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, trust me you wont be saying that when you are 40, especially if with a full head of hair.

That's what people say, but usually at that point your life is basically over; any legacy you were going to leave, travel you were going to do, career you were going to have, etc. has come to pass. This is exactly why you see so many dance/soccer moms or middle-aged sports dads living their lives through their kids. From here on out, it's just you getting old.

My only concern is to try to keep myself in good shape, look how I want, go where I want and further my career. Once I get to the point where "old age" is all I have left to look forward to, I'd much rather punch my ticket then.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, this is why I'm getting a transplant now

f*** waiting

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

no one owes us anything man. Be grateful scientists are working on it, period. There are actually more promising treatments in the pipeline than anytime in history. Every treatment I try destroys my hair more and more. You regrew almost all yours with minoxidil. stop being greedy.