I'm Becoming Very Disappointed With These Companies

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
no one owes us anything man. Be grateful scientists are working on it, period. There are actually more promising treatments in the pipeline than anytime in history. Every treatment I try destroys my hair more and more. You regrew almost all yours with minoxidil. stop being greedy.

I'm not being greedy... I just want my old hair back and I don't want to have to rearrange my whole day around min applications and wait 4 hours before I can workout, and min makes my hair dry and thin when I apply it so I always have to wear a hat. My quality of life is still nowhere near what it was. I'm not being greedy

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not being greedy... I just want my old hair back and I don't want to have to rearrange my whole day around min applications and waiting 4 hours before I can workout, and min makes my hair dry and thin when I apply it so I always have to wear a hat. My quality of life is still nowhere near what it was. I'm not being greedy

ok ok, my bad brother... why not just use the foam? it dries in like five minutes and doesn't effect your workouts.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok ok, my bad brother... why not just use the foam? it dries in like five minutes and doesn't effect your workouts.

I use the foam and the can says not to get it wet for 4 hours after applying it. I always assumed that meant sweat too, so I wait 4 hours after I apply it to go run or lift

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the foam and the can says not to get it wet for 4 hours after applying it. I always assumed that meant sweat too, so I wait 4 hours after I apply it to go run or lift

what the hell? no man, that stuff is absorbed almost immediately.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does it say not to get it wet for 4 hours?? If you're right I will be upset lol

I would say you can sweat 30min after a minoxidil application.. that info is bogus. Why can't you "get it wet" it's completely dried after like 5 min anyways and already absorbed into skin. Hell, I used to get side effects (increased heart rate) immediately after applying it!

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say you can sweat 30min after a minoxidil application.. that info is bogus. Why can't you "get it wet" it's completely dried after like 5 min anyways and already absorbed into skin. Hell, I used to get side effects (increased heart rate) immediately after applying it!

I'm gonna have to look into it more! Idk the pamphlet in the box says not to shampoo or wash your hair before 4 hours after application so I assumed sweat would compromise the absorption

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what people say, but usually at that point your life is basically over; any legacy you were going to leave, travel you were going to do, career you were going to have, etc. has come to pass. This is exactly why you see so many dance/soccer moms or middle-aged sports dads living their lives through their kids. From here on out, it's just you getting old.

My only concern is to try to keep myself in good shape, look how I want, go where I want and further my career. Once I get to the point where "old age" is all I have left to look forward to, I'd much rather punch my ticket then.

Yeah honestly dude, don't give this spiel to anyone in real life, because it makes you come across as a weirdo

Sokubo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 2020s will be seen as the decade of hair-loss reversal, believe me; all through injections.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I'm sorry but you're ridiculous dude. You think people don't travel after 40? Especially if you're single? Hell, my parents do more now in their 60' than they ever did with us (which makes sense). Sure, there's a lull if you have kids, but life doesn't just end.

Yeah, they do and by that time, they're wrinkled, geriatric fucks who wish they'd done it sooner. Also, the 18 years or so it takes to raise a single kid is one hell of a "lull".

I can't wait until you guys are 60, still denying that getting old sucks. If you guys didn't agree, you wouldn't be here combating hairloss; you'd romanticize it like everyone else in denial of how bad aging really is. At 60, you'll be here, typing "Oh, it's not so bad you weirdo!" with arthritic fingers that resemble a topographical map. Then, you'll get up from your holo-computer to go get the handful of pills that you have to take every day for the rest of your lives to make sure your spleen doesn't shut down, your dick still stand and your fluids aren't totally out of whack. All the while combating that damn gout flare up, COPD cough and feeling cold even if you're set on fire. You'll b**ch that your family never comes to see you and when they do, you'll annoy the crap out of them with stories from 30 - 40 years ago and how everything was so much better back then, but really, you just talk about it so much because your young years were the last time you were physically able to do anything relevant.

I've heard and seen this story time and again. "Life is going to be so great when I retire and I'm old as sh*t! Me, my wife and our sexless marriage are gonna have the time of our lives!" and then they don't because they're old and can't stay up past 8 o'clock anymore. Yeah, some people can really age gracefully, but most don't. You think you'll be different from the rest, but you probably won't. Being old sucks and it starts in middle age.

Now, it's totally possible that in 20 - 30 years, huge advancements will be made in regenerative medicine, healthcare, etc. and I'll be wrong and everyone will be great at age 40+,

but until then, cope on, my brothers.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, they do and by that time, they're wrinkled, geriatric fucks who wish they'd done it sooner. Also, the 18 years or so it takes to raise a single kid is one hell of a "lull".

I can't wait until you guys are 60, still denying that getting old sucks. If you guys didn't agree, you wouldn't be here combating hairloss; you'd romanticize it like everyone else in denial of how bad aging really is. At 60, you'll be here, typing "Oh, it's not so bad you weirdo!" with arthritic fingers that resemble a topographical map. Then, you'll get up from your holo-computer to go get the handful of pills that you have to take every day for the rest of your lives to make sure your spleen doesn't shut down, your dick still stand and your fluids aren't totally out of whack. All the while combating that damn gout flare up, COPD cough and feeling cold even if you're set on fire. You'll b**ch that your family never comes to see you and when they do, you'll annoy the crap out of them with stories from 30 - 40 years ago and how everything was so much better back then, but really, you just talk about it so much because your young years were the last time you were physically able to do anything relevant.

I've heard and seen this story time and again. "Life is going to be so great when I retire and I'm old as sh*t! Me, my wife and our sexless marriage are gonna have the time of our lives!" and then they don't because they're old and can't stay up past 8 o'clock anymore. Yeah, some people can really age gracefully, but most don't. You think you'll be different from the rest, but you probably won't. Being old sucks and it starts in middle age.

Now, it's totally possible that in 20 - 30 years, huge advancements will be made in regenerative medicine, healthcare, etc. and I'll be wrong and everyone will be great at age 40+,

but until then, cope on, my brothers.

Lol

My parents are in their 60's. My mom is very physically fit and energetic, exercises every day, enjoys a very high quality of life physically, and has friends in the same age bracket doing the same. My dad is only slightly overweight, doesn't exercise, and still has no health issues keeping him from participating in every day activities including lots of home repair work. My parents go on a f*** ton of mini vacations.

One of my parents' friends who is the same age runs in 5ks competitively regularly.

Before my grandmother passed in her 80's, sure she liked to share her life experiences with the family, but she was also energetic, and very interested in us and what we are doing now. I have an elderly family friend in her 90's who's the same way....a very pleasant person to be around. The only truly bitter old person I know is my other grandmother, but she's always been that way, age is not the issue.

But your right, we should euthanize people when they turn 40

just smh. You sound miserable lol

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

My parents are in their 60's. My mom is very physically fit and energetic, exercises every day, enjoys a very high quality of life physically, and has friends in the same age bracket doing the same. My dad is only slightly overweight, doesn't exercise, and still has no health issues keeping him from participating in every day activities including lots of home repair work. My parents go on a f*** ton of mini vacations.

One of my parents' friends who is the same age runs in 5ks competitively regularly.

Before my grandmother passed in her 80's, sure she liked to share her life experiences with the family, but she was also energetic, and very interested in us and what we are doing now. I have an elderly family friend in her 90's who's the same way....a very pleasant person to be around. The only truly bitter old person I know is my other grandmother, but she's always been that way, age is not the issue.

But your right, we should euthanize people when they turn 40

just smh. You sound miserable lol

I didn't say we should euthanize people at age 40, nor am I miserable. I know it sounds like doom and gloom, but I honestly don't think it to be, nor do I intend for it to be depressing.

I said I don't want to be around to be old and that's the perfect age to go — old enough that you've lived, but before you start developing age-related problems.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't say we should euthanize people at age 40, nor am I miserable. I know it sounds like doom and gloom, but I honestly don't think it to be, nor do I intend for it to be depressing.

I said I don't want to be around to be old and that's the perfect age to go — old enough that you've lived, but before you start developing age-related problems.

Man bro I used to pay attention to your comments... I'm not sure I can take anything you say serious now!

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's what people say, but usually at that point your life is basically over; any legacy you were going to leave, travel you were going to do, career you were going to have, etc. has come to pass. This is exactly why you see so many dance/soccer moms or middle-aged sports dads living their lives through their kids. From here on out, it's just you getting old.

My only concern is to try to keep myself in good shape, look how I want, go where I want and further my career. Once I get to the point where "old age" is all I have left to look forward to, I'd much rather punch my ticket then.

Oh that guy, let me tell ya man. Im 41. Hairs getting real thin over past 4 years.
I dont want to travel, swim, get caught in strong wing and im scared to let my girl see my hair in the morning.
Once this treatment is realeased ill be 44, and believe me ill be going wild brutha wild. Hair loss is the only thing thats keeping me back. Once that weights lifted from my shoulders im going ape sh*t and doing all i ever wanted to do. Swim, run in the rain, get a fancy haircut, travel and bang lots of international hotties. Im old, but im not dead. Far from it.
Right now i have a girl whos 27 and beautiful and i love her and i want her to know me the way i used to be, confident in my appearance.. I can still lift more than most any men my age, im fast as hell and i got a mean jumpshot.
What im trying to say is that to all us guys who are up in years, we are ready to enjoy life again too cause weve been held down for way to long. Young, old , even the gross very old...screw it, lets follow our King Tsuji and we will soon all walk with our full heads held high!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh that guy, let me tell ya man. Im 41. Hairs getting real thin over past 4 years.
I dont want to travel, swim, get caught in strong wing and im scared to let my girl see my hair in the morning.
Once this treatment is realeased ill be 44, and believe me ill be going wild brutha wild. Hair loss is the only thing thats keeping me back. Once that weights lifted from my shoulders im going ape sh*t and doing all i ever wanted to do. Swim, run in the rain, get a fancy haircut, travel and bang lots of international hotties. Im old, but im not dead. Far from it.
Right now i have a girl whos 27 and beautiful and i love her and i want her to know me the way i used to be, confident in my appearance.. I can still lift more than most any men my age, im fast as hell and i got a mean jumpshot.
What im trying to say is that to all us guys who are up in years, we are ready to enjoy life again too cause weve been held down for way to long. Young, old , even the gross very old...screw it, lets follow our King Tsuji and we will soon all walk with our full heads held high!

I like this post.

EDIT: But only because of its optimism and it more or less demonstrates my point.

What you gonna do if that doesn't work out? I'm a believer in the ways of Tsuji as well, but let's talk "what ifs" here.

What if it doesn't? What happens when you can't "lift" anymore? What happens when you start to slow down? Your girlfriend won't ever know the way you "used to be". That's the funny thing here: I'm saying that once you get old, your stories all become about how you USED to be rather than what you ARE or will be. Nope, your hairloss will hold back (because that's what it all hinges on) your confidence and prevent you from doing all you ever wanted to do for the remainder of your life — forever a shadow of your former self.

That's really what getting old is.

I say I don't want to live dwelling on the past and all you people go apeshit. Please, this is just people ganging up on me essentially for having a different lifestyle and values. At less than a quarter-century old, I've scratched most of the things off the bucket list. So I have to wonder what all these middle-aged people who are just planning on living it up now or later have been doing all this time. You want to get old and fumble to find meaning when your body (and possibly mind) have gone to sh*t? Fine, but I don't.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whoa... Jesus lol damn dude. Man im 34 be 35 in November aint nothing over! Its just started. Your 20's are so overrated. Trust me on That! But in your 20's you think sh*t like that. I probably did too, "40??? Id rather be dead" There's plenty to do, you don't have to marry a woman 7 years later you hate, work a job that blows and take your brat kid everywhere in your fleeting spare time. CHOICES. I live like im in my 20's just a lil more mature(barely) and understand a lil more. Idk 40 scared me in my 20's now its just a number. I guess it helps people think im 25 lol anyway im just busting your balls on the 40 hate LOL