I'm Becoming Very Disappointed With These Companies

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's frustrating though.

Yes, the sun ages you, but it also gives you life, you need a bit of sun as well for vitamin D3 and circadian rhythms.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...campaign=20161015_sunlight-exposure-vitamin-d

I'm not saying the sun is the work of the Devil and it must be avoided at all costs. It's just that the "it's genetics" excuse for everything instead of doing something about it is getting old.

Far too many posters are like this

476f2bebc57a2e8cd7eccfca3d01095a.jpg

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if you do age badly and get wrinkles fairly early on, it's still nowhere near as fatal for your looks as baldness is. Not even close.

In fact, a bit part of what we today perceive as ageing can be chalked up to baldness. Take that out of the equation and you'd be shocked at the levels of hotness you can pull off well into your forties.

If you are unattractive with a shaved head you were never attractive to begin with. Attractiveness is largely determined by the structure of the face. The presence of actually bald male sex symbols should be indicative enough of this.

This is one aspect of the hair loss community ive never gotten - men who were never good with women in the first place suddenly agonizing over how their dating life is or is perceived to be ruined by their hair loss. In reality the process of losing their hair has just made them finally start taking account of how they really look.

you might look better with a thick head of hair, but if the make or break feature is your hair, you're ugly. Its that simple. A lot of men dont want to have that ego crushing realization though, and find a convenient culprit for their lack of sexual attractiveness to women in their hair loss.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are unattractive with a shaved head you were never attractive to begin with. Attractiveness is largely determined by the structure of the face. The presence of actually bald male sex symbols should be indicative enough of this.

This is one aspect of the hair loss community ive never gotten - men who were never good with women in the first place suddenly agonizing over how their dating life is or is perceived to be ruined by their hair loss. In reality the process of losing their hair has just made them finally start taking account of how they really look.

you might look better with a thick head of hair, but if the make or break feature is your hair, you're ugly. Its that simple. A lot of men dont want to have that ego crushing realization though, and find a convenient culprit for their lack of sexual attractiveness to women in their hair loss.

I'm strongly disagree with this, in the general sense. The number of bald male sex symbols is INSANELY small and all of those guys would look better with hair. You only say they don't because you're so used to seeing them without hair. This is cope, plain and simple.

Hair is possibly the most valued aesthetic characteristic there is after the face. There are fairytales, sonnets, songs, etc. written about women with amazing hair and in media, how often do you see a NW4 prince charming? Never.

Hair frames the face, it adds character and individuality, can be attractive all on its own, etc. The men who generally do look good bald have very specific face shapes if you pay attention. I think it's logically inconsistent to say that you weren't attractive to begin with if you're not when you're bald, when in the latter case you are MISSING an incredibly obvious aesthetic feature.

A while ago, I was arguing with David about height vs other features and when I googled something like "Would you date a 5ft 7 guy?" the FIRST thing I read was this woman saying "Yeah, but I hate when they look good in their picture, but when you meet up, they have a bald spot. Ew".

Here's a simple test. Chris Evans, Hemsworth, Clooney, Viggo Mortensen, Zac Efron, Brad Pitt, etc. are all considered attractive men at least at the peak of their career. Do you really think Zac Efron would look nearly as good if he was rocking the Rock's hairdo or the George Costanza? Let's all be honest here, of course he wouldn't. He'd go from being the envy of straight men everywhere and the lust of women and probably gay dudes to one of those "Celebs who used to be hot" lists.

Do you really believe this would mean he was ugly the whole time? Please.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is largely depending on the individual. Some look even better bald, some worse. It depends on the type, facial structure etc.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm strongly disagree with this, in the general sense. The number of bald male sex symbols is INSANELY small and all of those guys would look better with hair. You only say they don't because you're so used to seeing them without hair. This is cope, plain and simple.

Hair is possibly the most valued aesthetic characteristic there is after the face. There are fairytales, sonnets, songs, etc. written about women with amazing hair and in media, how often do you see a NW4 prince charming? Never.

Hair frames the face, it adds character and individuality, can be attractive all on its own, etc. The men who generally do look good bald have very specific face shapes if you pay attention. I think it's logically inconsistent to say that you weren't attractive to begin with if you're not when you're bald, when in the latter case you are MISSING an incredibly obvious aesthetic feature.

A while ago, I was arguing with David about height vs other features and when I googled something like "Would you date a 5ft 7 guy?" the FIRST thing I read was this woman saying "Yeah, but I hate when they look good in their picture, but when you meet up, they have a bald spot. Ew".

Here's a simple test. Chris Evans, Hemsworth, Clooney, Viggo Mortensen, Zac Efron, Brad Pitt, etc. are all considered attractive men at least at the peak of their career. Do you really think Zac Efron would look nearly as good if he was rocking the Rock's hairdo or the George Costanza? Let's all be honest here, of course he wouldn't. He'd go from being the envy of straight men everywhere and the lust of women and probably gay dudes to one of those "Celebs who used to be hot" lists.

You mean the very specific face shapes that all attractive people have like strong cheekbones and strong jaws? Those specific shapes? oh yeah. If you're trying to tell me vin diesel has the same face shape as bruce willis has as freddie ljungberg you're blind as a bat.

Zac efron example is bizarre, because i already said you would look better, but what you're trying to tell me is that without his hair he would be considered unattractive. You're coping. If you're ugly without your hair, you sure as f*** werent much better looking with your hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I just googled sexiest man in the world as an experiment.

The top-30 all have hair. Every single one. 30/30. Some of them are NW2 or NW3. One of the 30 guys is in there as a joke I think, the other 29 should be serious. So it's 29/29 with good hair. They're also all caucasian, and all young. 2 of the men are old (George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr.) virtually all of the other ones are in their 20s or 30s. Of the men I recognize, all are of average height or greater except for James McAvoy who is 5'7 (but that's hidden in movies). They all have good clean skin.

But really you're wasting your time arguing with him. If he thought hair was irrelevant he wouldn't be here.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I just googled sexiest man in the world as an experiment.

The top-30 all have hair. Every single one. 30/30. Some of them are NW2 or NW3. One of the 30 guys is in there as a joke I think, the other 29 should be serious. So it's 29/29 with good hair. They're also all caucasian, and all young. 2 of the men are old (George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr.) virtually all of the other ones are in their 20s or 30s. Of the men I recognize, all are of average height or greater except for James McAvoy who is 5'7 (but that's hidden in movies). They all have good clean skin.

But really you're wasting your time arguing with him. If he thought hair was irrelevant he wouldn't be here.

lol

I never said hair was irrelevant, twice now i've had to repeat that yes, you will look better with hair. It is always better to have it than to have not. Its also better to have reading comprehension than it is to not have it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Indeed, which is why I'll leave this with...

lol

I never said hair was irrelevant, twice now i've had to repeat that yes, you will look better with hair. It is always better to have it than to have not. Its also better to have reading comprehension than it is to not have it.

Sweet backpedaling, bro. Your thesis statement was: "If you are unattractive with a shaved head you were never attractive to begin with"

Thus, your position is that hair is irrelevant.

MynamesName

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you can really play devils advocate for this. This issue is similar to cancer, a cure can be out there, but the government makes billions off of charging patients for treatment on the long term so a cure isn't something good on a business perspective. Same can be said for hairloss where desperate people like us are willing to spend on money on all kinds of junk that doesn't work and the companies making tons of money from taking advantage of this. If you want it to end, you need money: get a bunch of hair transplants and have money to keep getting some in later years

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
@That Guy

You seem to be well versed in many aspects of the hair loss war, so I can assume you're not dense. So many advances for anti aging are available today, coupled with even more readily available information to better help live a long healthy life. Invest in your health and your 40s will be like your 20s, with the addition of a lot more wisdom and disposable income.

What advances for anti aging that are available today are you thinking of?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

There's a lot of propaganda in the media about that new nutraceutical drug from MIT, which contains nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and pterostilbene. It supposedly works well in mice.
https://www.elysiumhealth.com

Calorie restriction is the most plausible anti-ageing method, which definitely works in mice, but that will only slow ageing, it won't reverse it.

ETA: There's a clinical trial for metformin and anti-ageing.

Last edited:

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of propaganda in the media about that new nutraceutical drug from MIT, which contains nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and pterostilbene. It supposedly works well in mice.
https://www.elysiumhealth.com

Calorie restriction is the most plausible anti-ageing method, which definitely works in mice, but that will only slow ageing, it won't reverse it.

ETA: There's a clinical trial for metformin and anti-ageing.

Sure, I'm familiar with all that, calorie restriction will extent lifespan much less in humans than in mice, btw, if the effect is there(likely is), it's very minimal. I got the impression the person I quoted was mostly thinking of cosmetically rejuvenative treatments, so I'm curious which ones in particular he meant.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Height, athletic body, and money, all make a man more sexy. None of these assertions are even debatable.

But there are sexy men without height. There are sexy men without athletic bodies. There are sexy men without big money. How can this be?

There is a whole lot of variation among individuals, that's how. Even the strongest unchallenged rules of attractiveness are still not THAT reliable.

Last edited:

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Height, athletic body, and money, all make a man more sexy. None of these assertions are even debatable.

But there are sexy men without height. There are sexy men without athletic bodies. There are sexy men without big money. How can this be?

There is a whole lot of variation among individuals, that's how. Even the strongest unchallenged rules of attractiveness are still not THAT reliable.

its down to the face man... weve all banged the occasional bird because she had an alright body then woken up the next morn only to do a runner and change your name by depol ...

u can have zac effrons hair , zyzz body , a massive c*** and drive a lambo ... but if you got a face like an inbred donkey then the only action your gonna get is from palm and her five friends

end thread/

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
The presence of actually bald male sex symbols should be indicative enough of this.

dean-wtf.gif

Zac efron example is bizarre, because i already said you would look better, but what you're trying to tell me is that without his hair he would be considered unattractive.

Uh ... yes? I mean, obviously you would still be able to make out his potential, but that's about it. I can easily tell when a bald(ing) guy has good facial features that would probably make him a hot fullhead but that's nowhere close to actually being hot.

No need to talk hypothetically - take Jude Law. Used to find him ridiculously hot. Now his looks went down the drain along with the hair.
And no, it's not just age; Eric Dane is the exact same age and still looks great. Hair.

Same with half my high school crushes. Lost their looks to baldness even though overall most of them kept in shape. Unless you're willing/able to compromise on looks, baldness is a deal-breaker.

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score

I was going more along the lines of a better scientific understanding on improving your chances of a long healthy life, with a low dose of HGH :). Healthy eating, avoiding UV, PRP for skin, microdermabrasions, etc?

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's one thing to be bald, but ill be damned if I let myself be bald and fat. Just keep that in mind guys.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...I sense lots of esteem issues with the negative comments.....lol

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes, symmetry is considered attractive. And a recent study suggests females like a wide face and-or head. It;s manly apparently. But I'm a about the same age and build as Jason Statham but more hair. Statham doesn't have a wide head but perhaps a heavy brow, which very many women also find attractive in a male. Statham's wife is 20 years younger and a Victoria's Secret model. We can be sure there are many Statham look alikes out there. But women also want security since time immemorial. Looks are way down the list of priorities for women looking for male partners, it's true. Women are the pretty ones, the peacocks, and they don't necessarily want a male who reflects their beauty. Security is number one for very many women since cave man days apparently. I've seen a lot of homely men with beautiful women. Some butt-ugly men out there with nice looking women, it's true. Saw some guy walking on the sidewalk just the other day. He had a face on him you'd think only a mother could love. And holding his hand was a gorgeous woman. I thought to myself, yup there goes another one.

Last edited:

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently 24.

By the time I am 26, the following quite likely will have come to pass:

- Histogen

- Brotzu Lotion

- ShiseidoCel

I'm particularly interested in that last one because next year, I plan to get a transplant (assuming I can maintain what I have) which would bring me back to Norwood Nothing. That means that in 2 years from now, I could get Shiseido's treatment (if they meet their launch goal) and be done with male pattern baldness forever.

Tsuji is still on track for 2020, in which case I'd be 27 - 28 years old.

For me, the absolute worst case scenario with these treatments is that I'd be very late 20s or early 30s when they are commercialized.

There is hope

How do you feel about these treatments now that guy? :D