I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I am taking a break from dating because of my hair situation... I feel too insecure! But, yes, I once dated this guy who was very very independant and made me feel guilty (you know how guys can be good at that) for things like caring... Whatever, since I am more distant.

At least in the meantime you can get hundreds of compliments here.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm coming to a conclusion; all the girls that I'm into are guys with very noticeable hair loss.

Girl I went on a couple dates with who ghosted me is now dating a guy that is rocking a diffusing NW3

My oneitis is now dating some guy rocking a very unconvincing combover; he also is rocking a beard to hide dat weak lower third

Time to stop taking my Finasteride and start having CONFIDENCE

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm coming to a conclusion; all the girls that I'm into are guys with very noticeable hair loss.

Girl I went on a couple dates with who ghosted me is now dating a guy that is rocking a diffusing NW3

My oneitis is now dating some guy rocking a very unconvincing combover; he also is rocking a beard to hide dat weak lower third

Time to stop taking my Finasteride and start having CONFIDENCE
You're BDD tho lol

The nw3 is probably just a slightly receded hairline

Do you still have a full head btw?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heh, not trying to start another gender war on here or anything, but genuinely you have no idea how I feel it's the other way around.

Although, sometimes that can be a good thing... until she u-turns completely and gets angry that you apparently don't give a sh*t anymore, etc.

yeah but is that gender? I mean i think that is just uneven feelings and in this case the guy being manipulative. but can easily be man/woman woman/ man man/man woman/woman.
....m/f/m?? well maybe not this scenario.. probably 3 people enough feels to go around perhaps.
I am starting to get the poly appeal.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah but is that gender? I mean i think that is just uneven feelings and in this case the guy being manipulative. but can easily be man/woman woman/ man man/man woman/woman.
....m/f/m?? well maybe not this scenario.. probably 3 people enough feels to go around perhaps.
I am starting to get the poly appeal.

Well I was going to say, let's not look into this too much, but why not..

When it is said "you know how guys can be (..a specific way)" it implies exclusivity to that gender, a generalisation, the term wasn't "you know how people can be". It's like if I were to say women are shitty drivers, and then later acknowledge both genders can be shitty drivers, that's not very convincing.

That's all, but I believe pas has since acknowledged it can be down to either gender.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I am taking a break from dating because of my hair situation... I feel too insecure! But, yes, I once dated this guy who was very very independant and made me feel guilty (you know how guys can be good at that) for things like caring... Whatever, since I am more distant.

I just put a profile back up today.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Although, sometimes that can be a good thing... until she u-turns completely and gets angry that you apparently don't give a sh*t anymore, etc.

When she complains that you don't give a sh*t, given even less sh*t. She will come back to her senses.

A friend of mine has been dating this girl for two months. She complained about this sh*t. I told him to ignore her some more but against my advice, he tried to explain things to her. Lo and behold, she got even more distant. After that, I told him to ignore her texts and calls and just pretend that he is busy. He did that once or twice and she was all sweet with him again. Unfortunately he was too weak to stick to my advise and now they are on verge of break up.

My recommendation for guys when it comes to dealing with women:

- Never apologize, even if it's your fault
- Never back down and appear weak
- If she doesn't answer your text, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT text her again unless she texts you first. When she does text you after not
responding to you, make her wait before you respond. At least 5-6 hours. A day is even better. Never appear too eager.
- Don't delude yourself by thinking that you can make women see logic by having a rational conversation with her. Women operate on emotions so learn to manipulate their emotions

These guidelines are not set in stone and may vary by situation. So one should use his common sense but follow similar template.

"I convinced my women to see fallacy of her ways by having a rational conversation with her" - Said no guy ever

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When she complains that you don't give a sh*t, given even less sh*t. She will come back to her senses.

A friend of mine has been dating this girl for two months. She complained about this sh*t. I told him to ignore her some more but against my advice, he tried to explain things to her. Lo and behold, she got even more distant. After that, I told him to ignore her texts and calls and just pretend that he is busy. He did that once or twice and she was all sweet with him again. Unfortunately he was too weak to stick to my advise and now they are on verge of break up.

- If she doesn't answer your text, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT text her again unless she texts you first. When she does text you after not
responding to you, make her wait before you respond. At least 5-6 hours. A day is even better. Never appear too eager.
- Don't delude yourself by thinking that you can make women see logic by having a rational conversation with her. Women operate on emotions so learn to manipulate their emotions

These guidelines are not set in stone and may vary by situation. So one should use his common sense but follow similar template.

"I convinced my women to see fallacy of her ways by having a rational conversation with her" - Said no guy ever
Bare in mind that none of these tricks are necessary if you are Chad.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

51UGaSpCgkL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Carnegie says that reason-based debates with people (not specifically women) are pointless and for the most part counterproductive.

However, he suggests acknowledging mistakes, even when one is not mistaken, and moving forward, and having empathy for others.

My adjustment would be to not necessarily apologizing. I think we apologize too much in our society, the apology is a cheap thing. Far better is to make adjustments moving forward than to reflect on each other's apologies.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
David, did you read this yet? Another good book besides the one above.

Unknown.jpeg

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Bare in mind that none of these tricks are necessary if you are Chad.

Oh, these "tricks" are still necessary even if you're a Chad but if you're a Chad then when you do these things they aren't tricks. It's just how you are. When you're a Chad you have an "I don't give a damn" attitude towards her and the relationship because you can get lots of other women.

What you guys are talking about is trying to learn to act as if you are Chads. Can regular Joes trick women into thinking that they're Chads? Do women know which men other women like and which men other women don't like?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
They are, if the women has option to go to other Chads. Psychological component of attraction can't be completely divorced. Also, not just for attraction, women operate on emotions in general.

pjhair, the thing is that Chads naturally behave in the manner you've described. That's just how they are. Chads can get lot of women and Chads know this. And since they can get lots of women they don't worry about what any one woman thinks. And the idea of some inferior guy trying to act like a Chad might work with a few women but most women are not going to fall for it since most women will see through his act. You see, most women know which men other women like.

Last edited:

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are, if the women has option to go to other Chads. Psychological component of attraction can't be completely divorced. Also, not just for attraction, women operate on emotions in general.
Disagree.
'Flaws' for a regular Joe/ or below average looking guy such as sending to many messages will be looked at as needy and annoying.
If you are good looking and the girl is really attracted to you trivial sh*t such as this has no impact whatsoever, it will be perceived as cute.

"Oh, Chad sent me 3 messages while I was taking a shower, he really cares about me!"
Vs.
"This fat uggo sent me 3 messages while I was taking a shower, what a creep!"

Tricks such as waiting 5 hours before you respond has no impact whatsoever if the girl is super attracted to you. It's already in the bag.

If you're ugly on the other hand, any mistake you make will mean she's going to move on to the next guy she has lined up.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
So a few nights ago me and my friends had a night out. One of my close girl friends, I would say she's a 6.5-7. She could be more attractive if she lost some weight. She's the typical talkative and confident girl. Has high standards and knows what she wants. She is absolutely a natural at flirting with guys especially when drunk, and she's good at it! When I asked her how she could feel so good about herself, she just said I'm just a positive person.
So yeah, we went out. She flirted with countless of hot guys. Like on a scale of 8-9. Whereas me just being the usual nervous and awkward type. What do I do when guys give me attentions? I look away. She is the type of girls who can get to sleep with 9s just because she's confident as f***. And this is the girl who once said to me "Samantha, if anything, you have a better chance at getting hot guys than I do". But I don't. I have no confidence. I tried and covered up my problems with hair fibre as much as I can. In my room, I will look myself in the mirror posing and think damn this girl's got it. But in reality, I have no confidence.

I guess what I'm trying to say it, confidence isn't everything. But lack of confidence is pretty much the end even for girls. Im pretty much insecure just about everything. Not entirely sure if it's due to my previous abusive relationship or hair loss. I can't buy drugs or wigs to cure or hide my lack of confidence. So I haven't dated for a very very long time. From now on I'm trying to be more out there and talk to people. But I'm not sure how far I can get.

I don't know how far you'll get either but I do know that when I had my hair when confident unattractive women tried to hit on me I politely got out of it. Good luck.