I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3412240/
Yet another qualitative study which proves that M.P.B. causes psychological trauma, especially if it manifests before age 30. In the younger patients especially, they found that baldness decreased quality of life very significantly, affecting everything from the subject's self-worth, to their dating and even employment prospects. Multiple other studies have been done which came to similar conclusions. There is SO much proof that hair loss is a genuinely life-altering condition. And yet society just sits back, laughs and does nothing. It literally sickens me.

Here is a KEY quote from the study you posted:

"The results of the Hair Specific Skindex-29 on patients with Androgenetic Alopecia were as follows: symptom scale: 26.3±19.5, function scale: 24.0±20.1, emotion scale: 32.1±21.8, and global score: 27.3±19.1. According to this assessment, QoL was more damaged if the patient had severe alopecia, a longer duration of Androgenetic Alopecia, younger age, had received previous non-medical hair care, and visited the hospital for Androgenetic Alopecia treatment."

Notice that the variable "younger age" is listed AFTER the variable "duration of Androgenetic Alopecia" regarding damage to QoL in connection with Androgenetic Alopecia.

Younger posters dealing with hair loss have been asserting that their situation is worse than mine because they're young. I've been pushing back against that crap. I've been saying that it's the guy who's been dealing with hair loss longer who's life is more damaged. This study confirms what I've been saying all along. Note that "duration of Androgenetic Alopecia" is listed BEFORE "younger age" in the hierarchy of relevant variables regarding damage to QoL due to Androgenetic Alopecia.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
probably the gayest post i've ever read
IMG_3944.JPG

Oh, man! - You kissed a girl! - That is so gay!

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you have a dependance problem that makes girls go away, but you may have become a little bit obsessive about your ex safety and scared her. Again, you could work on that. This kind of concern is not the same as being possessive and affectively dependant.

You are right, I don't have dependence problem at all. If anything, people complain I am too independent. I lived away from my ex-wife. As long as I knew she was safe, I had no problem going days without talking to her. As she was still in college, I had no problem with her male friends giving her rides and stuff. I never felt insecure about her male friends even though I lived two thousand miles away. In fact, I don't think it's possible for me to feel insecure, except for hair loss. When I was in India, my sister used to complain that I never visit her even though I lived in the same city as her.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

shookwun

Reaction score
Just watched that RC video again on YouTube, browsed through the comments and found this:

"FACEandLMS let me tell you my personal experience with both sides of the red pill that allowed me to understand the importance of looks to a greater level than even most who accept the red pill philosophy are capable of. I'm 27, 6'4", 215lbs, athletic build, and mixed (black and white). Because of this my dating life was pretty decent, never any very hot women but ok looking girls with, of course, a lot of rejection along the way. Well, I should say, this was the case until 2013 when I noticed the quantity and quality of single women at the bars and nightclubs in the area went way down, their openness to my advances went way down, their flakiness and fussiness went way up, and I literally spent 2013-2015 sexless. In early 2015, I turned 26 and was determined to have success with women (2013-2014 was sexless partially because I focused so much time/energy on getting ahead in my career). I found the "pick up community"(aka RSD clowns) and hit the bars/clubs hard (multiple times a week) with virtually no success. Girls would be polite some of the time and I got a few numbers (all eventually flaked), I even got a blow job from an older chubby woman (in her 40s), but after going out multiple times a week for six months and getting no where near the success I expected, I knew something was wrong. I found the red pill community (with your videos being part of it). Then I had a handsome white friend tell me about his success with women on tinder and that all the women search for guys there and not in clubs anymore. It was a 1-2 knockout combo! I did a brutally honest analysis of myself and determined that I was for the most part a good looking guy accept for 2 things: my nose and my chin. My nose had been broken before so it was slightly crooked and somewhat ethnics (potato nose). My jaw was strong but I had a short, weak chin and weak jowls (if that makes sense). Fortunately for me, both of these issues were actually correctable surgically. I first got my nose realigned; which didn't cost much because I said it caused breathing issues so my insurance covered it. After recovery (6weeks) I went dating again, bars and nightclubs as well as online dating (tinder, OkCupid, POF) to marginal improvements in results. I put pics in my profile that highlighted my height and showed me with a stronger lower third than usual and I even photoshopped my face a little to show a better nose and this got me dates. I went on a total of 8 dates and ZERO resulted in sex with women even commenting that I look somewhat "different" than my pictures (and the tone wasn't a good one). In October 2015 I committed to getting chin augmentation surgery, and it was the last fix I could think of with a low risk profile. On December 30, 2015, I had the surgery and took a couple weeks off work to grow a beard to hide the change. When I returned to interacting with people they noticed something was different and thought I had lost weight (the surgery made my cheeks look less chubby). By mid-February (after Valentines Day because I'm a cheap bastard) I started dating again (both clubs and online). THE RESULTS WERE UNREAL. I couldn't have predicted the change in a MILLION years, and I'm a pretty smart guy who can see things others usually can't lol. Women were VERY receptive at clubs (girls would light up when they saw me) and my tinder dates all ended in make outs and sometimes sex (if I was into her). I was told on dates that I look BETTER than my photos and this is after taking new pics post-op. I got laid within 2 weeks of starting to date and had a girlfriend within a month. I broke up with her in August, started dating again with the same amazing results and currently have a smoking hot blonde girlfriend! So here are the facts before people start thinking a nose job or a chin implant is a silver bullet that'll end your dating troubles. I'm 6 foot 4 f*****g inches, I work out 4-5days a week so I have a nice body, have a deep masculine voice, high testosterone and everything else on my body and face are esthetically excellent (per facial Golden Ratio analysis). My nose and chin were the only things really out of whack with everything else (hair, brow ridge, cheek bones, eyes, side jaw, ears, lips, teeth) looking masculine/excellent/near perfect (per facial Golden Ratio analysis). Once my nose and chin were brought into harmony with everything else (by a world class cosmetic surgeon) my dating life went from practically begging women for sex to figuring out ways to get rid of women without it hurting them too much. In short, I'm a very unique case where cosmetic surgery was able to have a huge positive effect on my looks. I believe I have the red pill community (including the great works of FACEandLMS) to thank for the knowledge necessary to take the action that changed my dating life (which affects almost every other aspect of my life). I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out on my own, especially with all the misinformation fed to us by women and the general blue pilled public. And before skeptical guys say "sure bro, nice story" keep in mind that I have no ulterior motives like the PUA industry does to sell you lies for thousands of your hard earned dollars. I'm not selling anything, I'm not revealing my identity at all, and I don't want to be contacted personally. I just feel indebted to the red pill community by freely consuming the content and having it greatly improve my life so by sharing my red pill story it may help others like I was helped. THANK YOU RED PILL COMMUNITY!!! TLDR: was blue pilled, found the red pill, took action to improve looks dramatically, is currently good looking and abundant with women."

I'm not sure how seriously to take it, but I'm tempted to believe this dude is telling the truth. From my, albeit quite limited experience, and 2nd hand observations, the difference between being a full-blown, young-Kelly-Slater-style Chad with virtually zero discernable flaws, and even a reasonably-above-average 6 is ginormous. It certainly plays out with how things worked at my high school, whereby one dude, who was literally disgustingly good-looking (a real life 8/9 easy - and I rate low!), kind of a mix between Sean O'Pry and Harry Styles, got almost all the pussy. A couple of his cronies, both 6/7s out of 10 did pretty well for themselves as well, but the difference was exponential. Essentially, the average bloke got one girl a year (if he was lucky), the two 7's got maybe five or so (I'm speculating a little bit here), and the 'alpha' got well into the high teens. [I should point out I'm only taking about their success rates with the girls at their school]

What y'all think? It the relationship between 'interest from women' and 'physical attractiveness' exponential or linear? Is this poster legit?
Start running hair piece game as soon as possible.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that that list you quoted is non-hierarchical. Keep sipping your cope.

Nope.

I'm 100% sure that you're wrong. I'm 100% sure that the list is hierarchical.

Text in research papers is not informal random talk. A research study is a professional scientific communication. Each word in scientific studies is deliberate, and the order of lists in scientific studies is intentional. In scientific studies scientists make these types of lists in a hierarchical manner.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
here, take this L

&

sip this cope

Kind Regards,

shookwun

Nope.

I'm 100% sure that you're wrong.

Research communication is not informal talk. It's a scientific study. Each word is very deliberate in these studies, and the order of lists in studies is intentional. In studies scientists make these types of lists in a hierarchy manner.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
here, take this L

&

sip this cope

Kind Regards,

shookwun

I've been reading scientific studies for almost 3 decades and I understand them much better than you ever will.

In fact, in studies these types of lists are made in a hierarchical manner and if you had any brains you would realize that w/o having to be told. A scientific study is a professional form of communication.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might be a selection function, because that will happen independently of behaviour if you're an 8 and she's a 7.

That's a powerful selection function, and makes it hard to disentangle the compliments issue as a separate variable.

Also 'caring' and 'romancing' are two different things.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also 'caring' and 'romancing' are two different things.

I can see how that would be for a lot of people.

Personally, I don't know if I'm capable of romancing without caring. It's a emergent byproduct of caring for me. But that's just me.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that that list you quoted is non-hierarchical. Keep sipping your cope.

I work at one of the largest hospitals in the world and our hospital does a lot of research. I read a lot of studies at the hospital and I talk with actual researchers. I ask them to explain things about studies to me, including how studies are structured. I know what I'm talking about, unlike yourself.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I've indicated in the past I work at one of the largest hospitals in the world and our hospital does a lot of research. I'm 100% certain that you're wrong.

The numbers seem very similar honestly.

26 and 24 are close are they not?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is just an advice. Like I said before, I was showing too much affection in the past, did not work out well for me. It shows too much dependance. Either way, I prefer to keep my feelings for myself and only reveal them from time to time now.
I don't think you have a dependance problem that makes girls go away, but you may have become a little bit obsessive about your ex safety and scared her. Again, you could work on that. This kind of concern is not the same as being possessive and affectively dependant.

I agree

I like to feel needed and cared for but i don't like to feel responsible for someones insecurities.

no one likes to feel stalked or obsessively tracked down or burdened by what at least feels in the moment like bullshit.

I had a BF who was so insecure about my job that one time i did not call him and i had worked 24 hours straight..when i got home i felt strung out it was like 8 am i had just fallen asleep and the phone rang...(i dont know if any of you have worked like 24 hours straight and had that real fatigue feeling that your whole body is super sensitive even your ears) he starts yelling at me as soon as i answered the phone LOL i started to cry...NOT because he was yelling at me and i felt bad...but it felt so painful to be woken up my heart was pounding out of my chest i was so exhausted.
Needless to say we did not last much longer after that...it was too much.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree

I like to feel needed and cared for but i don't like to feel responsible for someones insecurities.

no one likes to feel stalked or obsessively tracked down or burdened by what at least feels in the moment like bullshit.

I had a BF who was so insecure about my job that one time i did not call him and i had worked 24 hours straight..when i got home i felt strung out it was like 8 am i had just fallen asleep and the phone rang...(i dont know if any of you have worked like 24 hours straight and had that real fatigue feeling that your whole body is super sensitive even your ears) he starts yelling at me as soon as i answered the phone LOL i started to cry...NOT because he was yelling at me and i felt bad...but it felt so painful to be woken up my heart was pounding out of my chest i was so exhausted.
Needless to say we did not last much longer after that...it was too much.

I've done some 24 hour shifts, for example when I have to stay up all night operating a telescope. I certainly have zero patience when I finally get to my bed.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
And here's another quote from the study posted by DBW:

"Not surprisingly, patients of younger age and longer durations of Androgenetic Alopecia had a decreased QoL. Physical appearance is extremely important to most young men, and early onset of hair loss can have a definite negative effect on self-image and self-esteem. Low self-esteem makes life difficult when finding life partners and employment18. This result suggests that a longer duration of Androgenetic Alopecia may result in more severe hair loss, but tolerance of alopecia does not occur."

This quote is key because a lot of young posters here talk about how they wouldn't care about their hair loss if they were past their 20s or 30s. I tell these posters that they're FOS and they don't know what they're talking about. They shrug off my warnings. Please observe the highlighted part of the above quote from the study posted by DBW. Note that it says, "tolerance of alopecia does not occur".

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
And here's another quote from the study posted by DBW:

"Not surprisingly, patients of younger age and longer durations of Androgenetic Alopecia had a decreased QoL. Physical appearance is extremely important to most young men, and early onset of hair loss can have a definite negative effect on self-image and self-esteem. Low self-esteem makes life difficult when finding life partners and employment18. This result suggests that a longer duration of Androgenetic Alopecia may result in more severe hair loss, but tolerance of alopecia does not occur."

This quote is key because a lot of young posters here talk about how they wouldn't care about their hair loss if they were past their 20s or 30s. I tell these posters that they're FOS and they don't know what they're talking about. Of course they say I don't know what I'm talking about. Please note that highlighted part of the above quote from the study posted by DBW. Note that it says that "tolerance of alopecia does not occur".

The ageing process is very abstract to 22 year-olds.

You're probably not going to succeed in making them empathize.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Poor girl! That is crazy!
I don't even call, find it too intrusive. It is like a text you can answer whenever you want, right.
Better: I don't date anymore, that way I am sure I am not showing too much affection!

I don't think I really was too needy or anything, I think it was the guy who had problem (we saw each other only on week ends, how is that needie?), still traumatized me and now I am a psychopath. :)

you had a bad break up and are taking a break from dating?

what happened?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I once dated this guy who was very very independant and made me feel guilty (you know how guys can be good at that) for things like caring...

Heh, not trying to start another gender war on here or anything, but genuinely you have no idea how I feel it's the other way around.

Although, sometimes that can be a good thing... until she u-turns completely and gets angry that you apparently don't give a sh*t anymore, etc.