I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

shookwun

Reaction score
I have no idea if the function is linear or exponential, I won't offer my uninformed speculation on that matter.

However, reading the above anecdote does make me sad. Here are the facts of my romantic potential and looks maxing:

1) Right now, barring an encounter with an outlier, I will only get love from women who are 3/10 and below, as such I am unlikely to love them;
2) I have some feasible prospects for looksmaxing further, but I'll never be 6'4 for example. I also don't have massive amounts of money, and if I do it all this year I'll be 34+ by the time it's done. My window has largely passed.

I checked my weight this morning and my weight was 175.2 lbs. That's good. I'm making progress, I'm down 65 lbs from my weak, and 10 lbs from January 1st. And I still have some room to improve there. However, I don't really have that much room, I can lose 10 more lbs, perhaps 15, but at that point I'll be extremely cut and it will be hard to maintain. My aesthetics will be bone-limited, whereas now they are fat-limited.

Total cost of laser eye surgery, braces, hair transplant, nose job, and chin implant? About $35,000 each of them also requiring time off. No way.

I'm sure I'll get some improvement, but the life that guy lives is beyond me.

Bruh, this is semi-depressing. If you live in a big metrapolis city, then you have no reason to be sad.

30 year olds are partying just as hard as people in there twenties.

it only becomes depressing when you are mid thirties living in a small city, and realising everyone is getting married and having kids. City life is much more different, or maybe we just don't realise how similar the lives are when you see millions of people every day. It's easier to over look.

Braces are time consuming, depending on the severity, most people can get away with invisalign. if you have messed up teeth ( snaggle tooth, over crowing, and bent side ways teeth then traditional is the only approach.

Just be fortunate you have a good job, and are able to get these procedures done.

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am also in this regard. Could be like 90% of the rest of sufferers on forums who cannot afford this luxury

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh, this is semi-depressing. If you live in a big metrapolis city, then you have no reason to be sad.

30 year olds are partying just as hard as people in there twenties.

it only becomes depressing when you are mid thirties living in a small city, and realising everyone is getting married and having kids. City life is much more different, or maybe we just don't realise how similar the lives are when you see millions of people every day. It's easier to over look.

Braces are time consuming, depending on the severity, most people can get away with invisalign. if you have messed up teeth ( snaggle tooth, over crowing, and bent side ways teeth then traditional is the only approach.

Just be fortunate you have a good job, and are able to get these procedures done.

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am also in this regard. Could be like 90% of the rest of sufferers on forums who cannot afford this luxury

Yes, it's important to have a good career, which I do thankfully, though all this stress makes it hard for me to focus these past few months.

Once Pilox releases the cure, I'll be going clubbing with @nameless and picking up 18 year-old women.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes, it's important to have a good career, which I do thankfully, though all this stress makes it hard for me to focus these past few months.

Once Pilox releases the cure, I'll be going clubbing with @nameless and picking up 18 year-old women.
f*** the cure, get a hair transplant,.

At best a glorified minioxidil with properties of finasteride to inhibit DHT, and accelerate growth.

lets be real here. they are no where near the introduction of growing hair from a bald to full head.

Even if there was potential, let's be realistic on a time frame 5-10 years for a real solution? to long to for me

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** the cure, get a hair transplant,.

At best a glorified minioxidil with properties of finasteride to inhibit DHT, and accelerate growth.

lets be real here. they are no where near the introduction of growing hair from a bald to full head.

Even if there was potential, let's be realistic on a time frame 5-10 years for a real solution? to long to for me

I was joking about pilox.

Surgery is a great option, but my money is tied up right now. I sent a form to the Australian government to repatriate some money I have there, I got an email letting me know it will take 20 weeks to process.

As for hair, the only treatments I have enthusiasm for are Brotzu and Histogen. Brotzu will provide the maintenance needed post-transplant, and Histogen might replace transplants in 2019, it will be a cheaper operation but you'll have to pay for three plane tickets to Mexico city, associated expenses, and a whole lot of time off from work.

Samumed, CB0301, setipiprant come out when I'm approximately 40 so they can f*** off, Tsuji also comes out when I'm 40 and will be for ultra-rich people only.

shookwun

Reaction score
I was joking about pilox.

Surgery is a great option, but my money is tied up right now. I sent a form to the Australian government to repatriate some money I have there, I got an email letting me know it will take 20 weeks to process.

As for hair, the only treatments I have enthusiasm for are Brotzu and Histogen. Brotzu will provide the maintenance needed post-transplant, and Histogen might replace transplants in 2019, it will be a cheaper operation but you'll have to pay for three plane tickets to Mexico city, associated expenses, and a whole lot of time off from work.

Samumed, CB0301, setipiprant come out when I'm approximately 40 so they can f*** off, Tsuji also comes out when I'm 40 and will be for ultra-rich people only.
I could see Nameless being that old guy at the club. There is always that one dude who doesn't fit in, and looks out of place.

pre drinks at his house by himself, gets enough courage to go to the club by himself.

Depending on his personality he could be the bar hugger, solo dancer, the restroom back-in-fourth pacer, randomely walk around, or the wall grinder guy.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
P's. PJ, are you still an NW2? Or has your hair situation gradually worsened? I only ask because if a sparse temple is the worst of your worries, I honestly think you should try and force yourself back out there. A high hairline is unlikely to consign a dude to inceldom and (if I remember correctly) you're an otherwise good-looking guy? :) DB (I do, of course, understand that an NW2 means you're excluded from that YouTube misc's 'god-mode' though - so, if you were otherwise living this lifestyle, I can see how some temple loss could cause problems)

I have progressed to NW2.5 and density have continued to go down. I can't pull the hairstyle I used to be able to even 2 years ago. I used to be able to just get out of shower, user hairspray and spike up my hair. It used to still look presentable good despite recession. Now my styling options have gone down and it's harder for me to get hair to a desirable state. Despite the styling challenges, I will be happy if I can just maintain hair. But recession seems to have picked up lately so I am anxious. Since finasteride doesn't work for me, my options are limited. I am considering starting topical spironolactone.

shookwun

Reaction score
I have progressed to NW2.5 and density have continued to go down. I can't pull the hairstyle I used to be able to even 2 years ago. I used to be able to just get out of shower, user hairspray and spike up my hair. It used to still look presentable good despite recession. Now my styling options have gone down and it's harder for me to get hair to a desirable state. Despite the styling challenges, I will be happy if I can just maintain hair. But recession seems to have picked up lately so I am anxious. Since finasteride doesn't work for me, my options are limited. I am considering starting topical spironolactone.
eh topicals are realy not effective at all.

need to target the DHT within the blood through oral administration

add dutasteride to your regime. I take it your are also on finasteride?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
eh topicals are realy not effective at all.

need to target the DHT within the blood through oral administration

add dutasteride to your regime. I take it your are also on finasteride?

No. finasteride caused reflex hyperandrogenicity in me and my hairline went from really thick NW1 to NW2 in matter of three months. My hair also turned oily whereas before it used to be dry and healthy. As soon as I quit finasteride, the massive shed I was experiencing suddenly stopped. It's been over 8.5 years and my hairline has slowly receded to NW2.5 and density has decreased. My hair never went back to it's pre finasteride state and it still feel lifeless and oily unless I use hair spray. Since duasteride is a stronger anti-androgen, the side effects will be even worse. Dr. Proctor has said that the anti androgens like spironolactone that don't cause increase in testesterone are helpful in cases like me. Here is what Dr. Proctor says in detail.

Question:
What exactly is reflex hyperandrogenicity and what causes it? Is it when the androgen receptors become more sensitive to DHT or is it an increase in overall testosterone that negatively impacts the follicles. Also, should a topical antiandrogen counter this effect?

Dr Proctor Answers:
Reflex hyperandrogenicity is caused by a combination of increased testosterone and increased tissue sensitivity to male sex hormones ( androgens ). The latter is cause at least partially by an increase in the numbers of androgen receptors. Whether the receptors also get more sensitive is not clear, but seems likely.

Reflex hyperandrogenicity is proportional to the strength of an antiandrogen. It limits the use of antiandrogens in (e.g.) treatment of prostate cancer and is why most such patients get castrated.

Because the action of Finasteride is mostly limited to tissues where type-2 5-AR is the important source of androgenic activity, it elicits less reflex hyperandrogenicity than other antiandrogens when used to treat hair loss or prostate enlargement. So this is usually not limiting in hair loss-treatment, at least in the short run. It may even help minimize side-effects such as libido decrease during the use iof finasteride for hair loss. Whether this is also true for Dutasteride ( which blocks both type-1 and type-2 5 Alphareductases ) is not clear yet. And yes, topical antiandrogens such as spironolactone, which do not elicit the increase in testosterone, are likely helpful.

Peter H Proctor, PhD, MD

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@EvilLocks @Pasbrillantebrunette

If a guy does not give you a compliment on a date do you still think he is into you?

I have to be honest and I am sure i am not only woman....but i don't remember not ever getting a compliment on a date, even if it is just someone being polite.

Even my guy friends who are platonic or married will pay me compliments here and there if i look nice..

Is this a millennial guy thing they don't give compliments when dating? Gijoey said they are 'tacky' I think he is 24. He said women have to earn a compliment (--LOL--not quite sure what that means)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it depends what you consider a compliment... like if the guy tells me he have had a great evening together, I consider it compliment :)

No i mean things like You have nice eyes, or you look nice tonight, or i love your smile, etc just little signals.
The guy i went out with last Summer he told me on first date that when i smile my whole face lights up--that kind of stuff. When he said that and the way he looked at me when he said it, i knew he was into me.

You are French--you must get compliments! LOL

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking back at my past relationships, my women care about me the most when I cared about them the least.

Might be a selection function, because that will happen independently of behaviour if you're an 8 and she's a 7.

That's a powerful selection function, and makes it hard to disentangle the compliments issue as a separate variable.

shookwun

Reaction score
No i mean things like You have nice eyes, or you look nice tonight, or i love your smile, etc just little signals.
The guy i went out with last Summer he told me on first date that when i smile my whole face lights up--that kind of stuff. When he said that and the way he looked at me when he said it, i knew he was into me.

You are French--you must get compliments! LOL
the best is when your in bed together looking at each other, and someone makes that huge lantern lit of smile.

*talking to each other, remote, and brief pause*

'what'

'you just make me smile, and I cant help myself' (while there eyes light up)

(womens voice gets very feminine, and submissive. afterwards snuggle up to you)

RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

shookwun

Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3412240/
Yet another qualitative study which proves that M.P.B. causes psychological trauma, especially if it manifests before age 30. In the younger patients especially, they found that baldness decreased quality of life very significantly, affecting everything from the subject's self-worth, to their dating and even employment prospects. Multiple other studies have been done which came to similar conclusions. There is SO much proof that hair loss is a genuinely life-altering condition. And yet society just sits back, laughs and does nothing. It literally sickens me.

I have noticed this about yourself

How about articulating stories of other men submitting to you as c***-sl*ts, bare-backing foreign Venezuela women in the ***, and having them gob you while there mascara drips down there face.

h-a-i-r p-i-e-c-e stories

:D

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you have to care but never show that you could not live without her.
Also, some women like men who care more than others.

I don't easily get attached to women. In fact that was one of the complaints my past gf's had. It took me 1.5 years of dating my ex-wife before I developed genuine care for her. Before that, I was indifferent to whether she stayed with me. In fact, I even broke up with her once or twice. Funny that was also the time she was craziest about me. But I did eventually get attached to her and showed a little too much concern and her attraction for me dwindled over time. You say that you should never show that you couldn't live without her. What's so wrong in showing your wife that you can't live without her?

Anyway, I learned my lesson. It's not worth getting attached to women. If it wasn't for sex, I probably will never need the company of a women. I don't feel the need for companionship or having kids like a lot of men. I am perfectly happy living alone and spending my time pursuing my hobbies. But I do want regular sex, hence the desire to have a gf.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
the best is when your in bed together looking at each other, and someone makes that huge lantern lit of smile.

*talking to each other, remote, and brief pause*

'what'

'you just make me smile, and I cant help myself' (while there eyes light up)

(womens voice gets very feminine, and submissive. afterwards snuggle up to you)

probably the gayest post i've ever read

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is just an advice. Like I said before, I was showing too much affection in the past, did not work out well for me. It shows too much dependance. Either way, I prefer to keep my feelings for myself and only reveal them from time to time now.
I don't think you have a dependance problem that makes girls go away, but you may have become a little bit obsessive about your ex safety and scared her. Again, you could work on that. This kind of concern is not the same as being possessive and affectively dependant.
Well said.
You should never suffocate the other person with too much affection. It is contra productive.