I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Phantom Menace

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
mzWbD3g.jpg

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you're ugly, all your qualities backfire and make you look even worse/creepier.

So true. In fact, just balding young makes every hobby and passion you have 'wrong'.

Just think about gaming. It's fairly normal for an early twenties guy to play some video games, even just mobile gaming apps for smartphone.
In reality, it's considered normal only if the guy is normal looking, thus not balding. A balding young guy playing on his console feels 'wrong' and has a very deeply unsettling 'NEET' feeling, just as with any other typically youthful activity like smoking some weed or drinking with friends at a house party. A fullhead, instead, is completely accepted or even praised if he's good at, for example, gaming. Think about all those Youtubers who play games and do funny game commentaries. A common feature is a full head of hair. They even make money with it. I'm starting to think a fullhead is the only prerequisite one should have to do anything youthful or remotely dynamic and modern.

The only socially accepted bald hobby is gym. Anything else gets creepier the balder you get. Bald-young combo is boring and dehumanizing. It's socially acceptable to take on some hobbies once you reach your sixties, because old men are mainly balding. In fact balding seems to delete your superficial personal inner worth (read: passions and hobbies and ideals) until the sixties. No one sees past the balding head.

I really hope I'm wrong. Just venting.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogue One, for too many reasons that I wouldn't be able to explain in only one post.

Here's the review of Rogue One I posted on Facebook:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Director: Gareth Edwards
Cast: Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Mads Mikkelsen, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Forrest Whitaker, Ben Mendelsohn, Alan Tudyk
Rotten Tomatoes: 84%
IMDB: 8.3/10

I watched Rogue One last night and I enjoyed it and appreciate it in a way that I could not do for The Force Awakens. Rogue One is the story of the opening crawl from nearly forty years ago, which appeared at the start of A New Hope:

It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR, an armored space
station with enough power
to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's
sinister agents, Princess
Leia races home aboard her
starship, custodian of the
stolen plans that can save her
people and restore
freedom to the galaxy....

That's a large swath of the plot. It sounds like a story that doesn't need to be told, it fills in details best left to the imagination, it's a prequel, etc, and yet ... it was such a beautiful and fun movie. At the end I wanted to know more about characters, and about the new world elements that were (theatrically) introduced in this movie. I'm excited about Star Wars again in a way that I have not been in a long time.

From me, that's meaningful. I basically learned to read from Star Wars, those were most my first novels, so I learned reading by means of ~400 page novels from Timothy Zahn and Kevin J. Anderson. It takes love and passion to get a kid motivated and grandiose space opera did it for me. Having been through the mediocre prequels, and the cynical, soulless cash grab that was The Force Awakens, it was really nice to see a Star Wars movie where a lot of the creatives clearly brought passion and ability to the process. I've also been bummed from seeing a lot of subpar movies in 2016 (Batman v Superman, Star Trek Beyond, etc).

The two aspects which most stand out to me is that it's beautifully shot and it expands the mythology.

Episodes IV, V, VI, and even I were all beautiful to look at, and they've been copied by other science fiction films. In contrast, Episodes II, III, and VII were mostly unimaginative, very lacklustre cinematography. Not so here, we had plenty of beautiful shots. Director Gareth Edwards understands scope, which he had previously demonstrated with 2014's Godzilla. We have a lot of beautiful shots of ringed planets, the death star being assembled, the beaches of that library planet, as well as effective more intiminate shots such as that of Darth Vader near the end. Moving images are arguably the most important part of movies (hence the term "movie"), and this movie excelled at it.

Whereas the Star Wars mythology and universe shrank with Episode VII, it grew here. It is, after all, a large galaxy, a galaxy which is "lived-in" and which the originals made to feel bigger than the events shown on screen. This aspect, the creation of setting, of a sense of place, is back in Rogue One. We explore new planets that are not just the same planets as in the originals with changed names, we're introduced to new roles and social functions, for example Vader's servants. We see more about the politics of the rebellion, that they had discord, and were unsure in which direction to go early on. What this means is that the world we see in the movie is bigger than the movie itself, you can imagine a few other movies made just from the new ideas introduced, and that's a very important ingredient to what made Star Wars great originally. I'll also note that I think this is the first time we've seen a scientist in Star Wars, and they handled it beautifully.

I'll add a final point: Rogue One nails diversity. We see people of different genders and races among both the primary cast and the supporting cast, where the primary cast are given legitimate roles where they impact the story, they're not just sidekicks like the African American men in the Marvel movies are. There's a woman lead, a woman head of the rebellion, and there are women pilots too. Only the imperial leadership is entirely white and male, which is inherited from the original movies. Fans of the expanded universe know that the empire was human supremacist, an obvious metaphor.

I loved Rogue One, I wish it were longer, and I hope we get more movies like it.

Grade: A

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I think a lot of what you're describing is really just a function of the bald guy looking older. A 20 year old with an NW5/6 will not look 20 years old. People will naturally assume that he's closer to 30, perhaps even 40 if he's got a rough face, and will therefore expect him to behave in a way that reflects that. He gets held to the standards of an economically-established, world weary, middle-age man. Whether this occurs subconsciously or consciously is irrelevant. People don't have the same kind of tolerance for 'NEET's in their 30's as they do for the layabouts in their late teens or early 20's. I suspect it's because, with the younger kids, there is still a strong possibility that they could turn things around. As you say, winking into a wet flannel and living in your parent's basement is a lot more acceptable if the guy's still young. It's only really past the age of 23/24 or so, that the lack of independence starts becoming a problem. The problem is simply that bald guys don't look anywhere near 24. Many are lucky to be mistaken for being just 30. There's an excellent documentary that explores this whole 'false age' thing in detail. If I remember rightly, it's called 'I hate my bald head'. The presenter's name is Rob something and it's available to watch on Youtube (It was originally broadcast on the BBC). About 5-10 minutes in he goes round a small town and asks random strangers (mostly girls in their 20's) to write down on a piece of cardboard what they think his age is. He's 27 (with a grown out NW5). The average respondent though he was pushing 36. The guy looked heartbroken.
I think I found it.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I found it.

What the f***. Seriously. This f*****g guy has been completely wrecked.

I bet a fullhead would not take this documentary seriously, they would deem it a prank or a very funny hoax. Beyond f*****g belief.
As a balding men we know 100% that this is true. I can't believe I'm doomed to this in, I believe, a very few years as far as I can predict from my genetic history. I calculated my total expiration age to 25-26. I think my pa reached his NW6 at 30 and NW5 earlier. By analyzing his photos, our pattern is pretty much the same, like our hair texture and overall appearance.

Hell. This disease is f*****g making me rediscover religion. I'm this close to start to genuinely pray treatments work.

This guy is also a f*****g idiot. He's a total loser. Who knows what the f*** he's doing now, probably killed himself. A would be punk rock star, bald as f*****g socrates. Who the f*** makes this kind of misery public. He shamed himself and was quickly forgotten.

Makes my f*****g blood boil damn asshat. But what makes my blood boil more is the fact that this misery is shared by many, many, many other people and EVERYONE except the sufferers is completely oblivious. Some say the shaved head saved the baldies. I say it f*****g doomed us. Now everyone dismisses this plague with the 'shave it bro' meme.

f*** this gay world.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why men (and, especially, women) are lining up to demonize the Red Pill. 99% of RC dictums are quite demonstrably true. Looks, money and status really are massive drivers of sexual attraction, with a disproportionate emphasis upon the former. I don't understand why so many people are in denial about this. A prime example = my mum. Spends upwards of £100 a month on haircuts, products and clothes, + recently got a pair of 'vanity' braces fitted to try and straighten up her smile. She bemoans my dad's sh*t fashion sense frequently and I even once heard her trying to gently suggest that he should go and have a hair transplant (he's bald). Yet, every time I try to talk to her about the struggles of being bald young, my facial and skin disfigurement, and my terrible strike rate with women, the first thing she says to me is that I have a 'beautiful soul' and that 'real people don't care about looks', 'it's what's on the inside that counts' etc. I wish she could just be honest with me. Admit how much I've lost rather than lying to my face all of the time. Coping and hypocrisy helps no one.

Religion exists because people need myths. Hypocrisy is the norm of human beings. It helps a lot as it maintains social stability.

For example, the denial that baldness or general ugliness is a problem for men. If there was no denial, society might need to rectify the issue, and impose artificial equalizers (however effective). That won't happen, it allows discrimination to exist unblocked by social conscience or empathy.

There might be quotas against men in some sectors of the job market due to the perception male privilege. Which males do you think will lose their jobs? The less privileged males, which depending on context can mean the poorer ones, the dumber ones, the uglier ones, it's very context dependent. But there needs to be inequality among men for this discrimination to happen, it's a lubricant to the overall system that facilitates its operation.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In general @DBW, denial of bigotry is one of the highest forms of bigotry, and is necessary for the broader social framework of bigotry to exist, because people like to believe that they're "good".

For example, people in the USA underplaying the history of slavery and Jim Crow laws, or anti-semites denying the holocaust, or conversely extreme zionists telling everyone that everything is fine in the Gaza strip. The worse, and more severe, the bigotry is, the more complete the denial will be, on average.

A cogent example would be the denial of the failings of US foreign policy -- it is simply impolite and downright social suicide in some circles to blame US foreign policy for problems in the rest of the world. The vast majority of Americans have absolutely no idea that their country did anything wrong in Russia in the 1990s or in Libya in 2011, and that denial is itself a product of hatred or indifference against those people, a hatred or indifference so strong that it is unchallenged.

It has also been said in the context of genocides (e.g. Armenia) that denial of the genocide is the last phase of the genocide, as you are removing the victims from the history books, removing their influence.

[I'm aware that I went off-topic].

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least 8. Very cute face, looks a little spoiled (if that is a look), but it suits her well.

Yes, she is on c*** carousel from 14 years old and parents are aware.

She is very cute, would bang.

nasilnik-diany-shuryginoy-obratilsya-k-ney_1.jpeg

454(2).jpg

"Rapist" in jail now for a 8 years. Quite handsome.

She is ultimate jailbait. Who on the universe would REFUSE to bang her? (again she is w/o make up there)

1487659762_mpopr657.jpg

Banged? Go jail for a 8 years.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't understand why men (and, especially, women) are lining up to demonize the Red Pill. 99% of RC dictums are quite demonstrably true. Looks, money and status really are massive drivers of sexual attraction, with a disproportionate emphasis upon the former. I don't understand why so many people are in denial about this. A prime example = my mum. Spends upwards of £100 a month on haircuts, products and clothes + recently got a pair of 'vanity' braces fitted to try and straighten up her smile. She bemoans my dad's sh*t fashion sense frequently and I even once heard her trying to gently suggest that he should go and have a hair transplant (he's bald). Yet, every time I try to talk to her about the struggles of being bald young, my facial and skin disfigurement, and my terrible strike rate with women, the first thing she says to me is that I have a 'beautiful soul' and that 'real people don't care about looks', 'it's what's on the inside that counts' etc. I wish she could just be honest with me. Admit how much I've lost rather than lying to my face all of the time. Coping and hypocrisy helps no one. And it's ultimately just disrespectful.

Your mums example shows how widespread unconscious lack of empathy is. People generally struggle to put themselves in others shows. Your mum clearly doesn't like certain things about your dad but fails to see that what bothers her about your dad may bother other women about you. I wonder if this lack of empathy is more common among women than men. As women appear to be more self absorbed than men, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Yes, she is on c*** carousel from 14 years old and parents are aware.

She is very cute, would bang.

nasilnik-diany-shuryginoy-obratilsya-k-ney_1.jpeg

454(2).jpg

"Rapist" in jail now for a 8 years. Quite handsome.

She is ultimate jailbait. Who on the universe would REFUSE to bang her? (again she is w/o make up there)

1487659762_mpopr657.jpg

Banged? Go jail for a 8 years.

What is the show she's on about? Her being raped? And how old is she?