I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like Joe Rogan a lot but c'mon, he tries the only effective treatments for many years, tries two failed hair transplants and then continues treatments for more years until eventually giving in, and then says he wishes he shaved it sooner?

Riiiiight.

When the topic of balding does come up, he indeed sounds like a cope-artist for sure. I remember in particular Jesse Ventura being on the show, and I can't find the exchange on the actual podcast but it went something like this:

Rogan: "But the bible has some crazy violence, like God killing 40 kids for calling a guy bald, nuts isn't it?"
Ventura: "I wish I had that power."
Rogan: "But that is crazy right, just for calling a guy bald he got a bunch of bears to rip them apart, for nothing right?"
Ventura: (with some conviction) "I sure wish I could have got some bears to any kid who's mocked my baldness."
Rogan: "..but that's nuts, for something so childish..."

I liked Ventura throughout this podcast (and I thought I wouldn't) and this was great, he was open about how much bald shaming hurts him, even as a 70 year old guy he isn't for a second denying the bitterness that baldness inflicts in you, and the revenge you want upon others.

Rogan kept missing what Ventura was saying and kept being like "bro it's just baldness! Right?!" and again, sounded like a cope-artist.

The guy who spent years trying to regain his hair, now acting like it isn't a big deal at all.

I like that he's a somewhat balanced and humble guy, in his own way spiritual or at least in touch with himself, but when it comes to baldness he isn't facing the reality, I can tell from how he talks about it.

Even in the exchange above (which went on quite a bit more than what I've quoted, with Rogan echoing the same sentiments repeatedly) it's like he had to go out of his way to really hammer home how "cool" he is with baldness, how little of a deal it is to him, and it's so transparent.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Rogan is a baldness cope artist. Telling young guys to "just shave it bro, that's what I did" after 2 failed transplants and failed medicating. Easy to say for a guy in his 40s with masculine features. He fought it with everything and lost the battle, shaving it when he was left with no other option. It's like some people want to take us down with them.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's like some people want to take us down with them.

Hahaha it does almost feel like this.

I think with Rogan he's convinced himself that it shouldn't be a big deal, because he is a "spiritual" guy, into his yoga and meditating, the idea that some "superficial" aspect of his being could affect him, it doesn't correlate with the type of human being he's trying to be, or put across.

So I will give it to him that he's not an intentional cope-artist, it's just that this aspect of his life is major kryptonite, it doesn't add up with anything else and that's incredibly troubling for him to deal with.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a few nights ago me and my friends had a night out. One of my close girl friends, I would say she's a 6.5-7. She could be more attractive if she lost some weight. She's the typical talkative and confident girl. Has high standards and knows what she wants. She is absolutely a natural at flirting with guys especially when drunk, and she's good at it! When I asked her how she could feel so good about herself, she just said I'm just a positive person.
So yeah, we went out. She flirted with countless of hot guys. Like on a scale of 8-9. Whereas me just being the usual nervous and awkward type. What do I do when guys give me attentions? I look away. She is the type of girls who can get to sleep with 9s just because she's confident as f***. And this is the girl who once said to me "Samantha, if anything, you have a better chance at getting hot guys than I do". But I don't. I have no confidence. I tried and covered up my problems with hair fibre as much as I can. In my room, I will look myself in the mirror posing and think damn this girl's got it. But in reality, I have no confidence.

I guess what I'm trying to say it, confidence isn't everything. But lack of confidence is pretty much the end even for girls. Im pretty much insecure just about everything. Not entirely sure if it's due to my previous abusive relationship or hair loss. I can't buy drugs or wigs to cure or hide my lack of confidence. So I haven't dated for a very very long time. From now on I'm trying to be more out there and talk to people. But I'm not sure how far I can get.

you dont really get how the sexes work do you? In my 20s I was a 9 at least..... I would visit pound town with 5s or 6s all the time lol. It was just easier and they were more willing to do gross stuff, and me being a gross guy it just seemed like a natural fit.
Any guy will talk to/f*** a "cute" girl, even a little pudgy/thick. It does not work in reverse.
I will say girls will be attracted to some mystery and confidence but you better have SOMETHING physically to back it up.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
you dont really get how the sexes work do you? In my 20s I was a 9 at least..... I would visit pound town with 5s or 6s all the time lol. It was just easier and they were more willing to do gross stuff, and me being a gross guy it just seemed like a natural fit.
Any guy will talk to/f*** a "cute" girl, even a little pudgy/thick. It does not work in reverse.
I will say girls will be attracted to some mystery and confidence but you better have SOMETHING physically to back it up.

I don't think @samantha3333 is an idiot, she probably knows the difference between getting sex and getting a relationship.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
woman with confidence issues LUL best joke 2k17
57822c19e1ad1.png

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think @samantha3333 is an idiot, she probably knows the difference between getting sex and getting a relationship.

apparently not since her entire post read about sex. the difference is her friend is putting out the easy vibe and getting laid. She makes it seem like shes just to shy to even put herself out there. Thats not confidence in a guys eyes, its just work. "Hmmmmmm I can eat this piece of sirloin now and be full or work extra hard for some decent filet but be extra hungry when I finally get it".

Maybe she needs to clarify what she is talk about because the entire thread reads about sex and NOT about relationships.
Im willing as shy as she is if she makes eye contact with any guy in the bar, points to her vag (without saying a word) she could be slamming dong in the bathroom in 10 minutes....... thats how her OP reads. I never even took it as this was a girl writing the OP since this is kind of the mens forum.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
2ABkMKP.gif

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
She's sad because the tall good-looking ripped NW1's that she wants will laugh at her if she uses that approach.

All the other men don't count, a lot of women won't even acknowledge their existence.

Women's hypergamy problems.

It's partly what fuels feminism. Easy to think guys have it easier when you only see the good looking dudes living in God mode.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
TRXQI9G.gif

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dante seems very emotional, fragile and sensual guy.

Playing on piano, painting, drinking wine in solitude...

Girl's dream!

But that all doesn't matter because he doesn't look like this:

44f178d5ce9db764b2ba5c086987ee23.jpg

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Parisienne? Still volunteering in Israel? Is it a coincidence that Pas showed up around the time she left?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the beginning, I have always really appreciate Dante (sorry to talk about you in the third person) and I think we have a lot in common intellectually speaking (not that he cares/OldSurrenderTalking), though he is very suspicious towards women (even the balding ones!). I never thought me quoting his pic yesterday, to comment about an artefact that was in it (so not commenting on him in anay ways) would bring such a reaction...

I pictured a hairline on his photo back to summer (just black line, nothing funny or anything) and he reacted the same and deleted all of his photos.

It's not connected with gender, really.