I Had An Epiphany. Confidence Does Matter, A Lot!

shookwun

Reaction score
I don't know how far you'll get either but I do know that when I had my hair when confident unattractive women tried to hit on me I politely got out of it. Good luck.
If you were more confident nowadays you could still manage to pull a fatty in your present state of appearance.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When she complains that you don't give a sh*t, given even less sh*t. She will come back to her senses.

A friend of mine has been dating this girl for two months. She complained about this sh*t. I told him to ignore her some more but against my advice, he tried to explain things to her. Lo and behold, she got even more distant. After that, I told him to ignore her texts and calls and just pretend that he is busy. He did that once or twice and she was all sweet with him again. Unfortunately he was too weak to stick to my advise and now they are on verge of break up.

My recommendation for guys when it comes to dealing with women:

- Never apologize, even if it's your fault
- Never back down and appear weak
- If she doesn't answer your text, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT text her again unless she texts you first. When she does text you after not
responding to you, make her wait before you respond. At least 5-6 hours. A day is even better. Never appear too eager.
- Don't delude yourself by thinking that you can make women see logic by having a rational conversation with her. Women operate on emotions so learn to manipulate their emotions

These guidelines are not set in stone and may vary by situation. So one should use his common sense but follow similar template.

"I convinced my women to see fallacy of her ways by having a rational conversation with her" - Said no guy ever
Are you sure you aren't biased because of your divorce?

Just asking btw, I've heard this before from friends

It's kinda disgusting tbh and makes me not wanna date lol

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Disagree.
'Flaws' for a regular Joe/ or below average looking guy such as sending to many messages will be looked at as needy and annoying.
If you are good looking and the girl is really attracted to you trivial sh*t such as this has no impact whatsoever, it will be perceived as cute.

"Oh, Chad sent me 3 messages while I was taking a shower, he really cares about me!"
Vs.
"This fat uggo sent me 3 messages while I was taking a shower, what a creep!"

Tricks such as waiting 5 hours before you respond has no impact whatsoever if the girl is super attracted to you. It's already in the bag.

If you're ugly on the other hand, any mistake you make will mean she's going to move on to the next guy she has lined up.

To be honest, what I was recommending are not tricks. Women respond positively to chads because they are already attracted to them. As long as a women is attracted to you, she will respond positively to you. There are two components to attraction:

1) Looks (By far the most dominant component)
2) Psychology. (less important but can make or break things if all else is equal)

Have you ever wondered why Kirsten Stewart cheated? She was dating a good looking guy. Indian actress Bipasha Basu cheated on John Abraham, the very definition of chad. Why do good looking people get cheated on? Some times women cheat because they want some one even better looking but that is not always the case. Sometimes women just fall out of attraction. That's when psychological component comes in place. It's very important to understand that. My wife left me because she simply lost her attraction for me. I often worry that making everything about looks, people on hairlosstalk will come to a rude awakening when they get in a long term relationship.

Also, the reason I suggest guys to stop texting a girl who doesn't text them back is not merely to create attraction. I want men to grow a backbone. It makes me sick when I see my friends basically keep texting women constantly hoping for a response. What happened to self respect? I want men to stop acting like a doormat. It should be quid pro quo. You take a step if she takes a step. You text her only if she text you back. If she doesn't text you back then she can go f*** herself and you find a different women.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
pjhair, the thing is that Chads naturally behave in the manner you've described. That's just how they are. Chads can get lot of women and Chads know this. And since they can get lots of women they don't worry about what any one woman thinks. And the idea of some inferior guy trying to act like a Chad might work with a few women but most women are not going to fall for it since most women will see through his act. You see, most women know which men other women like.

I was not telling people to act. I genuinely want men to stop being a doormat. You simply can't fake this thing. I suggested my friend to delay responding to texts from a women who was ignoring his texts. He did that and she was all sweet and everything. But my friend couldn't fake it for more than a day and reverted back to his usual self. They are not on verge of break up now.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were more confident nowadays you could still manage to pull a fatty in your present state of appearance.

he is still holding out for those Miami University girls circa 1985...hes building a Delorean so he can go to 2025 get the cure--then go back to 1985 to re live the glory club days.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair ,

It's nice to hear that a man with experience takes time building a bond. I've never fallen in love at first sight, it always takes me time, people on this forum told me this was because I'm ugly.

You're a handsome man, who has had many options in life, and you also take your time, it's nice for me to hear.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
utter retardation

who the f*** texts a girl that isn't texting them back, how f*****g dumb do you have to be to appear NEEDY to a WOMAN

axiomatic Impact cliffs;

>be good looking
>don't be a f*****g retard
>acquire puss

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
utter retardation

who the f*** texts a girl that isn't texting them back, how f*****g dumb do you have to be to appear NEEDY to a WOMAN

axiomatic Impact cliffs;

>be good looking
>don't be a f*****g retard
>acquire puss

You would be surprised. A friend of mine texted a women two times and she didn't respond. I told him to never text her again, he laughingly said to me, and I quote : "Man I have unlimited talk and text on my phone. It doesn't cost me anything to text her. So why shouldn't I?"

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of entrenched Hollywood stereotypes (this (probably unconscious) belief that because Ross ground down Rachel, this random dude pestering an unresponsive crush can do the same), genuine neediness/desperation (for guys who are lonely, don't have many friends etc. it can be incredibly difficult not to kind of 'latch on' to the (1 in 100) women who show them some initial interest) and very poor social skills. Sadly, all three of these are to some extent interrelated. There's an excellent (if a little dubious) sociological book called 'Love Shy' by Brian Gilmore. It provides some interesting analysis of these kind of men, why the act how they act etc. It's an interesting read

I can kind of understand the desperation thing but there's no way this kind of faggotry is down to entrenched Hollywood stereotypes. It's social retardation. I don't even know if it's down to experience, even back when I was a virgin (2months ago) I knew, as should any man, that nothing turns a moist, quivering vag into the f*****g Sahara desert faster than a beta male texting/ringing/showing how much he misses you boo. Never. f*****g. Ever appear needy or weak in front of a woman you're sexually interested in. f*****g Rule #2 (#1 is have a good face dummy)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You would be surprised. A friend of mine texted a women two times and she didn't respond. I told him to never text her again, he laughingly said to me, and I quote : "Man I have unlimited talk and text on my phone. It doesn't cost me anything to text her. So why shouldn't I?"

Did he actually give a f*** about meeting up with this girl? That excuse sounds like someone who doesn't give a sh*t

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no way this kind of faggotry is down to entrenched Hollywood stereotypes. It's social retardation. I don't even know if it's down to experience, even back when I was a virgin (2months ago) I knew, as should any man, that nothing turns a moist, quivering vag into the f*****g Sahara desert faster than a beta male texting/ringing/showing how much he misses you boo. Never. f*****g. Ever appear needy or weak in front of a woman you're sexually interested in. f*****g Rule #2 (#1 is have a good face dummy)

Not everyone has as much social awareness/intelligence as you. Movies do define norms for a lot of people. When I was growing up in India, boys in my school used to think that following a women home after school will make her attracted to them. Their perception was created by romantic movies in which protagonists were doing that. They used to think the more desperation they show to a women, the better. All due to movies.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've posted some photos of myself on rankmyphotos.com to get an estimate.

Unfortunately their scores look meaningless, I'm rating some women now in the hope that I'll get more votes if I give more votes, and I see that almost all women are in the 4-8 range. That's not a great system.

What matters is your percentile, not your number.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren't biased because of your divorce?

Just asking btw, I've heard this before from friends

It's kinda disgusting tbh and makes me not wanna date lol

I'm kind of pragmatic and libertarian about genders. Some men suck, some women suck.

I don't think its that complicated...we have some basic differences, yes...but men don't want women up there asses and women don't want men up there asses. UNLESS they are being led on or dangling and that is to feed the ego and it happens with both sexes.
Basically that is when someone is being used; for women usually its for sex and for men it's usually for 'stuff' or favors.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know. I knew it wasn't the done thing to do from a pretty early age as well, but I just couldn't stop myself. I was (I've stopped dating now) just so needy for some reason. Every girlfriend I've ever had has commented exactly the same thing. I just reeked of desperation 24/7 even when I was a 6.5/7 out a 10. I just needed them to talk to me. Deliberate 3 day radio-silence never even crossed my mind. Brb low self-esteem.

Well hopefully the feedback you've got is enough to know to learn to restrain yourself now.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
because Ross ground down Rachel
Who, IRL, chose Brad Pitt before and Justin Theroux later, not David Schwimmer.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think? Surely not 100%? You think a world full of solely chads and stacys then would be every bit as sexless (and sexually asymmetric) as the one we live in now? I can see how hierarchies would still form (they'd be alphas and betas etc.) but at least this future society's equivalent of the 3/10s would still be exceptionally attractive, and thus able to have fulfilling and rewarding relationships/sex with each other, even if the even more attractive 'alpha's' don't want them?

Yes, I think. The percentile actually means something.What I'm seeing now is that every single woman so far, and I've looked at over 100, has a rating between 4 and 8. Maybe I've missed 1 or 2. This is not a meaningful number system in my opinion.

In a world full of Chads and Stacies a new hierarchy would form. The 3/10s of that society would be as sexless as the 3/10 of our society, they would want a parallel universe machine to move here.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who, IRL, chose Brad Pitt before and Justin Theroux later, not David Schwimmer.

yeah but in the Ros and Rachel days she was going out with Adam Duritz (counting crows) Tate Donovan and Paul Rudd

And lets not forget about a chubby Vince Vaughn in-between Brad and Justin.

Personally Justin is freaking HOT.