I Am 18. Ashamed To Leave The House. 1 Year Since I Noticed Severe Balding.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is sometimes better accepting things as they are. Just assure your mind that there will be cure soon and I will be fine. What else you (and I too) could do at this movement. ?

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost all of these guys who freak out about it knew about the side effects beforehand.

I didn't. I just started taking them after my doctor recommended them 2.5 years back and I have no side effects.

It's like, I'm not denying that it obviously can have bad side effects, but when so many of these guys are: Self-diagnosed, watch tons of p*rn, are depressed, paranoid about sides to being with, have never actually taken it, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar the majority of it is bullshit and self-inflicted.

and every one of them who was all "I'll never touch that poison!" at NW3 will be dumping every chemical and snake oil known to man on their scalps when they hit NW5.

The best part for OP is that he's mostly suffering from diffuse as I was. There is absolutely a good chance that the diffuse can be recovered at this point on a finasteride + minoxidil combo.
I tried propecia in my early 20s and had quite a few side effects. Brain fog, mood, body weight, low libido and weak erections. You don’t notice some of these side effects like mood until you get off the drug. I didn’t think my weak erections were caused by propecia because I was told it was extremely rare if it happened so it was never on my mind. After stopping propecia everything went back to normal in a few months. The side effects are real but i guess it depends on how sensitive you are to these anti androgens.

LaryVast

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have accepted yourself for who you are like you said, why are you here?

I am here to check if something changed, If there's a major breakthrough. And when I see posts like these along the way I'm sharing my own experience.

MRKA

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are about to make my same mistake. Started depression at 18 for hairloss and some other reason. Now I am 34 and still depressed. Always telling my self that I would give away everything I have now to go back 18 and glue a fucken wig. To move on with my friends and my gf at that time. nothing will destroy you other than depression. Namely... staying at home and disconnect from society. You will not come back natural... and if you did then you will never be the same like before.

Don't do a transplant it destroyed the remaining of me. And you will look more awkward with a transplant. Especially in the back of the head. Don't trust surgeons they show the best cases they have. And the hair will fall off in like two years. And now you can't even shave because you have a huge fue scar on the entire back of the head. And now the real nightmare starts you will have a hard time shaving the sides and the back "because you cant shave the sides and grow the back so you end up growing both" . You will be obliged to grow your hair and you will look like sh*t. Always. I wish someone told me this when I did it two years ago.

One way. And only one way ...

Wig is the way to go!. f*** anything and anyone.

I totally agree...I am fortunate that this not happen to me.
Those hair transplant is utter sh*t...unless you can be sure that you have no further hairloss.
Altough you can prevent this..but you must be sensible enough not to listen to the anti-Propecia and anti-Avodart brigade on here.
If you listen to them...probably you do not deserve better.

MRKA

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dare you to point out my untrue claim. And, mind you, the claim should be a direct quote from my statement.

Think twice before you write....you wrote: We all know

Some know...is the right wording here.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think twice before you write....you wrote: We all know

Some know...is the right wording here.

You’re on a hairloss forum you windbag of a c***. Don’t try to tell me that you’re here to make friends (I’m serious: don’t tell me that). If you didn’t know hairloss sucked you’d be happily shaved, crawling out of whatever hole you do crawl out of with complete and unerring content. f*** off.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
where ya from? Here in northern eu everybody past 25 is balding/bald, It's ridiculous.
But that is cool ! no competition. The problem is not that we gold bald. The problem is that there are mens that don't go bald :)
Those hair transplant is utter sh*t...unless you can be sure that you have no further hairloss.
Altough you can prevent this..but you must be sensible enough not to listen to the anti-Propecia and anti-Avodart brigade on here.
LOL. Anti propecia ? hahahahahahahahahahaha.
The only difference between me and you , is that you buy the bushit that Merck told us 21 years ago and I prefer to read studies andf believe in science.

You are a proPropecia, simple cause you are ignorant.
Can you tell me in what other reactions in your body the 5-alpha reductase work ? No, see , buy you are inhibiting it .
Can you tell me the relation between DHT, Estrogens and Progesterone ? No, but you are inhibiting DHT.

Can you tell me one hormone, just one, that you can inhibit 70 % of it on your body and will not give you side effects ? You can't even do that with Cholesterol. But, hey, DHT is the devil Hormone, cause Merck told us that.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
But that is cool ! no competition. The problem is not that we gold bald. The problem is that there are mens that don't go bald :)

LOL. Anti propecia ? hahahahahahahahahahaha.
The only difference between me and you , is that you buy the bushit that Merck told us 21 years ago and I prefer to read studies andf believe in science.

You are a proPropecia, simple cause you are ignorant.
Can you tell me in what other reactions in your body the 5-alpha reductase work ? No, see , buy you are inhibiting it .
Can you tell me the relation between DHT, Estrogens and Progesterone ? No, but you are inhibiting DHT.

Can you tell me one hormone, just one, that you can inhibit 70 % of it on your body and will not give you side effects ? You can't even do that with Cholesterol. But, hey, DHT is the devil Hormone, cause Merck told us that.
Stop crying already about propecia jesus christ. Clinical trials have shown a low chance of side effects so stop fear-mongering and go cry more in ur basement that ur fat and bald.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you please tell us What GSK never release dutasteride as Androgenetic Alopecia treatment in USA ? And, actually, there is only one country in the entire world where it is sell as Androgenetic Alopecia treatment ? cause SIDE EFFECTS.

Why Merck, in they long term study of 10 years with Propecia didn't make public the blood test results on Testosterone, Estradiol, Progesterone, etc ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop crying already about propecia jesus christ. Clinical trials have shown a low chance of side effects so stop fear-mongering and go cry more in ur basement that ur fat and bald.
Clinical trial done by MERCK !!!!!!!!! more than 25 years ago ! All the new studies done show that this is not right .
Poor propecia groupie , ignoring reality . May be you like to be a pussy male instead of an alpha male

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clinical trial done by MERCK !!!!!!!!! more than 25 years ago ! All the new studies done show that this is not right .
Poor propecia groupie , ignoring reality . May be you like to be a pussy male instead of an alpha male
Actually i was talking about literally any clinical trail done on finasteride. Most are around 5-7% that have side-effects, that is still a small chance and the side effects are limited. So quit fearmongering and bullshtting. Oh no yesterday i took a finasteride pill and now my weener has shrank 3 inches, my IQ dropped 20 points and i gained 30 pounds of fat. Blablabla,

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually i was talking about literally any clinical trail done on finasteride. Most are around 5-7% that have side-effects, that is still a small chance and the side effects are limited. So quit fearmongering and bullshtting. Oh no yesterday i took a finasteride pill and now my weener has shrank 3 inches, my IQ dropped 20 points and i gained 30 pounds of fat. Blablabla,
You are wrong. How do the meassure the side effects ? Did they check, for example, for depression or anxiety ? NO .

"RECENT FINDINGS:
Finasteride for the treatment of male pattern hair loss was considered safe according to many previous clinical trials. However, these trials have been recently criticized for inadequate safety reporting. Comprehensive review of the current literature reveals that there is a disproportionately high number of men with 5-α reductase inhibitor-associated sexual dysfunction and infertility. Although uncommon, the use of 5-α reductase inhibitors is associated with serious and persistent sexual and reproductive side effects, such as erectile dysfunction, decreased ejaculate volume, decreased libido, and infertility."

Source : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29909472

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
You are wrong. How do the meassure the side effects ? Did they check, for example, for depression or anxiety ? NO .

"RECENT FINDINGS:
Finasteride for the treatment of male pattern hair loss was considered safe according to many previous clinical trials. However, these trials have been recently criticized for inadequate safety reporting. Comprehensive review of the current literature reveals that there is a disproportionately high number of men with 5-α reductase inhibitor-associated sexual dysfunction and infertility. Although uncommon, the use of 5-α reductase inhibitors is associated with serious and persistent sexual and reproductive side effects, such as erectile dysfunction, decreased ejaculate volume, decreased libido, and infertility."

This is getting ridiculous. It's still a small number no matter what anyone says. Plus how many men are their late 30's and older taking this stuff? Libido decreases in our 30's, I can see lots of men blaming finastride for it. Until one of you bashers can give an actual % it's all hot air. Bottom line MOST MEN DO NOT HAVE ISSUES WITH IT....

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

"RECENT FINDINGS:

Although uncommon, thank u for proving my point. Ur acting like everyone who takes it has a non-working dick. So once again i request from you to stay objective and stop the fearmongering. I can only say this: Try it out and if u get side effects u can always stop. Persistent side effects longer than 3-6 months are very uncommon, i'd say maybe 1 in 10000 or even rarer. Everyone has to choose for themselves but imo u are making men go bald just because u happened to take finasteride and ur little dick stopped working.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*** Im 22 and i noticed severe thinning 2 years ago and i'm under finasteride. The problem is that my dick doesnt work good but I dont f*****g want be bald, f*** U

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind I went on with minoxidil from a company called Alopexy for 6 months and no progress was made.

Not even shaving it is a solution, as I have brown spots( i do not know the exact name in english) and some sort of dots also on my head. Plus that, it looks so unnatural to go shave it at 18.

For those asking, I am from Romania.

Won’t powder like Toppik look unnatural? What if people ask me what I did to my hair?I would be even more ashamed to tell them I have to powder my head.

By pills that I tried I mean pills designed for my problem, recommended by the doctor. For example Novophane, hair growth pills which are also good for nails it says.

Being at college, doing minoxidil in the morning would make my hair look wet and exposing the baldness. I can’t go like that outside...

As I said shaving my hair is not looking like an option at my age.

I never took finasteride. Some says it is bad some say it is good.

Keep in mind that Finasteride, and a lot of products you guys mentioned are not easy to buy in my country or even impossible.

I want to mention that the main problem I’m concerned with this is being attractive. You see, I don’t mind if guys notice I have balding and thinning head, but the problem is that if girls do, they might find it unnatractive. After all, a head full of hair is sign of fertility and youth and basically any girl would prefer a guy with hair on his head. My problem makes me insecure and unconfident in my looks, which consequently drags down my attitude.

If I were to count I lose hair in the morning when I go and arrange my hair(but no hairs on the pillow), whenever I sweep my hand through the hair, on the evening and whenever I shower. Perhaps I lose about 80-100 hairs.

The pro and anti finasteride/minoxidil discussions are really confusing. I might try minoxidil again but this time with finasteride. If I notice mood swings, negative feelings and other physical side effects I will stop.

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Won’t powder like Toppik look unnatural? What if people ask me what I did to my hair?I would be even more ashamed to tell them I have to powder my head.

f*** others, do what you want to do, it's your life.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind I went on with minoxidil from a company called Alopexy for 6 months and no progress was made.

Not even shaving it is a solution, as I have brown spots( i do not know the exact name in english) and some sort of dots also on my head. Plus that, it looks so unnatural to go shave it at 18.

For those asking, I am from Romania.

By pills that I tried I mean pills designed for my problem, recommended by the doctor. For example Novophane, hair growth pills which are also good for nails it says.

Being at college, doing minoxidil in the morning would make my hair look wet and exposing the baldness. I can’t go like that outside...

As I said shaving my hair is not looking like an option at my age.

I never took finasteride. Some says it is bad some say it is good.

Keep in mind that Finasteride, and a lot of products you guys mentioned are not easy to buy in my country or even impossible.

I want to mention that the main problem I’m concerned with this is being attractive. You see, I don’t mind if guys notice I have balding and thinning head, but the problem is that if girls do, they might find it unnatractive. After all, a head full of hair is sign of fertility and youth and basically any girl would prefer a guy with hair on his head. My problem makes me insecure and unconfident in my looks, which consequently drags down my attitude.

If I were to count I lose hair in the morning when I go and arrange my hair(but no hairs on the pillow), whenever I sweep my hand through the hair, on the evening and whenever I shower. Perhaps I lose about 80-100 hairs.

The pro and anti finasteride/minoxidil discussions are really confusing. I might try minoxidil again but this time with finasteride. If I notice mood swings, negative feelings and other physical side effects I will stop.
Toppik is not powder and if you know how to apply as in lightly it won’t look unnatural. You overthink a lot specially about the smaller things. The only thing you should really think about before taking is the finasteride because like I stated it does have side effects and some you won’t notice until you stop taking it.