I Am 18. Ashamed To Leave The House. 1 Year Since I Noticed Severe Balding.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he was just receding I wouldn't have suggested finasteride or dutasteride so early but he's diffuse thinning too .Receding hairline and diffuse thinning at 18 well I think without treatment he will be bald by mid 20 's at the latest. Just trying to be realistic. Try minoxidil first for maybe 6 months max and see how it goes but you can't afford to wait very long if that dosnt work.

LaryVast

My Regimen
Reaction score
I felt exactly what you feel when I was in your age and my hair started to thin out.
I can only tell you that in time, it will be better and no matter what pill you'll take or treatment, You will learn to accept yourself as you are, people see how your self confidence is, and no matter if you have hair or not, that will determine the person you going to be.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Just see a doctor or derm knowledgeable on hair loss. They will be your guide, and probably have good advice.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is brutal, man.

Get on finasteride and minoxidil asap. It's your only hope. The people telling you to wait are f*****g high; at this rate you'll likely be a NW7 by 22 - 23 at the latest.

agreed 100%. if i was this guy i would be sleeping outside the doctors office waiting for it to open. it doesn't look so bad at first glance (i was about to post "NW1 no male pattern baldness") but you can see he has bad diffusing and is hiding it with a comb forward. that is the type of thinning that gets bad quickly and he is rapidly heading to NW7. i would def get on finasteride even at 18.

no matter what others say, minoxidil without finasteride is a waste of time. minoxidil will slightly thicken your hair cosmetically but it will do nothing to stop the DHT from killing your follicles.
the guy above said not to take finasteride, yet to take some Estrogen while in the very same thread talking about "untested medications being unsafe" ??? not quite sure if he knows it but finasteride is FDA approved for hair loss and alfatradiol is not.
ultimately i have been on finasteride for 10 years, my penis still works fine. i have been on a lot harder drugs than finasteride and yet my penis still functions fine; so i think a lot of people on these boards are hypochondriacs - or they are just very weak dicked (probably weak willed too) people on here.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

-I am an 18 year old guy, and the balding won the fight against me.
-When I noticed the balding was already noticeable(about 1 year ago) I decided it is time for treatment. So I tried everything written on the internet, every method because I was desperate to believe it. Tried even the legit cures like minoxidil and all sorts of pills for 5-6 months but only made it worse...

-At this point I am a student and seeing every guy my age having hair, styling it however he wants makes me so jealous.
It’s just not fair, it makes me look so bad not to mention how unnatractive a girl finds an 18 year old balding guy. It looks so unnatural and bad...

-I have androgenetic alopecia from what I have been told (mom also started balding after she gave birth and now she has few hair at the top but did not lose it completely,and dad only went bald in his late 30’s but by choice)

-I want to know, how did other guys manage to handle it at my age? How did people react(boys and girls) what did they think of it? I know many of you will say they cut it completely and also that some friends might tell you “you look better”. Isn’t that lying to ourselver though and don’t they just say that to make us feel better?definitely bald is better than thin rare hair on top, but 19 and bald sounds depressing for me.
Thank you.
Use toppik or any other hair concealer when you go out. You have plenty of hair for now to use concealer and in the meantime use minoxidil. I wouldn’t use any anti androgens or anything messing with hormones at such an early age. I don’t even use them now and I’m 32.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Finasteride is a poison. I can't say otherwise.
RU ... he can try very low dose, it's better than nothing.
You're a troll, but ok.
Do you understand what you are saying ? How do you know it Ru don't go systemic ? There is not a single study done in humans !!!!!! Ru, not matter at what dose, should not be use it.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I felt exactly what you feel when I was in your age and my hair started to thin out.
I can only tell you that in time, it will be better and no matter what pill you'll take or treatment, You will learn to accept yourself as you are, people see how your self confidence is, and no matter if you have hair or not, that will determine the person you going to be.
If you have accepted yourself for who you are like you said, why are you here?

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
You are about to make my same mistake. Started depression at 18 for hairloss and some other reason. Now I am 34 and still depressed. Always telling my self that I would give away everything I have now to go back 18 and glue a fucken wig. To move on with my friends and my gf at that time. nothing will destroy you other than depression. Namely... staying at home and disconnect from society. You will not come back natural... and if you did then you will never be the same like before.

Don't do a transplant it destroyed the remaining of me. And you will look more awkward with a transplant. Especially in the back of the head. Don't trust surgeons they show the best cases they have. And the hair will fall off in like two years. And now you can't even shave because you have a huge fue scar on the entire back of the head. And now the real nightmare starts you will have a hard time shaving the sides and the back "because you cant shave the sides and grow the back so you end up growing both" . You will be obliged to grow your hair and you will look like sh*t. Always. I wish someone told me this when I did it two years ago.

One way. And only one way ...

Wig is the way to go!. f*** anything and anyone.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you understand what you are saying ? How do you know it Ru don't go systemic ? There is not a single study done in humans !!!!!! Ru, not matter at what dose, should not be use it.

Using Minoxidil alone is not a good way to prevent hair loss ... you don't know that ? Poor you.
See ya !

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the guy above said not to take finasteride, yet to take some Estrogen while in the very same thread talking about "untested medications being unsafe" ??? not quite sure if he knows it but finasteride is FDA approved for hair loss and alfatradiol is not.
ultimately i have been on finasteride for 10 years, my penis still works fine. i have been on a lot harder drugs than finasteride and yet my penis still functions fine; so i think a lot of people on these boards are hypochondriacs - or they are just very weak dicked (probably weak willed too) people on here.

Almost all of these guys who freak out about it knew about the side effects beforehand.

I didn't. I just started taking them after my doctor recommended them 2.5 years back and I have no side effects.

It's like, I'm not denying that it obviously can have bad side effects, but when so many of these guys are: Self-diagnosed, watch tons of p**rn, are depressed, paranoid about sides to being with, have never actually taken it, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar the majority of it is bullshit and self-inflicted.

and every one of them who was all "I'll never touch that poison!" at NW3 will be dumping every chemical and snake oil known to man on their scalps when they hit NW5.

The best part for OP is that he's mostly suffering from diffuse as I was. There is absolutely a good chance that the diffuse can be recovered at this point on a finasteride + minoxidil combo.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want to try lots and lots of medicines and snake oils in your head that might or might not work, or do you want to take one pill daily and never think of this problem ever again?

You have a chance of 90%+ that you won't have side effects with finasteride. Try it and, if you don't like it, just stop taking it, but never, NEVER lose the chance to take finasteride.

If you don't want to take finasteride, print a photo of Tsuji and buy a candle to put under it, like many people in this forum do.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
agreed 100%. if i was this guy i would be sleeping outside the doctors office waiting for it to open. it doesn't look so bad at first glance (i was about to post "NW1 no male pattern baldness") but you can see he has bad diffusing and is hiding it with a comb forward. that is the type of thinning that gets bad quickly and he is rapidly heading to NW7. i would def get on finasteride even at 18.

no matter what others say, minoxidil without finasteride is a waste of time. minoxidil will slightly thicken your hair cosmetically but it will do nothing to stop the DHT from killing your follicles.

What about google what actually is alpha.estradiol vs beta-estradiol ?
FDA was approve 21 years ago. A lot of things changed during 21 years. FDA is only for USA, not for EUROPE. Alpha estradiol is approve in EUROPE, in GERMANY.

You can take anti androgens and your penis will " work fine ". It all depen how fine you wanted to work. You are eliminating 70 % of the androgen that make you an alpha male . You are a pussy men now. Yep, there are mans that like to be a pussy.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost all of these guys who freak out about it knew about the side effects beforehand.

I didn't. I just started taking them after my doctor recommended them 2.5 years back and I have no side effects.

It's like, I'm not denying that it obviously can have bad side effects, but when so many of these guys are: Self-diagnosed, watch tons of p*rn, are depressed, paranoid about sides to being with, have never actually taken it, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar the majority of it is bullshit and self-inflicted.

and every one of them who was all "I'll never touch that poison!" at NW3 will be dumping every chemical and snake oil known to man on their scalps when they hit NW5.

The best part for OP is that he's mostly suffering from diffuse as I was. There is absolutely a good chance that the diffuse can be recovered at this point on a finasteride + minoxidil combo.

Science b**ch. Learn how estrogen and DHT interact. Learn in how many reaction on the body the 5-alpha reductase works. There is not a chance you can't get side effect from Finasteride. Is all depend if you want to live like an alpha male or a pussy .

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Science b**ch. Learn how estrogen and DHT interact. Learn in how many reaction on the body the 5-alpha reductase works. There is not a chance you can't get side effect from Finasteride. Is all depend if you want to live like an alpha male or a pussy .

Easy for you to say. Dutasteride saved you for over a decade. Now, you’re not even letting this kid try Finasteride.

capedbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's like, I'm not denying that it obviously can have bad side effects, but when so many of these guys are: Self-diagnosed, watch tons of p*rn, are depressed, paranoid about sides to being with, have never actually taken it, etc. You can bet your bottom dollar the majority of it is bullshit and self-inflicted.

To be fair, there are some people who don't respond to finasteride as well as others. I've personally taken finasteride for a little over a year, and my hairloss kept progressing at the same rate. No idea why since finasteride is supposed to decrease DHT.. I was so sad it didn't do anything for me, and just left me with a lower libido and watery semen.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what else FDA approved. DHT gel. yep. And you know for what DHT gel is used ? for people with low DHT, cause it cause weaker erections, impossibility to reach and orgasm or weaker orgasm . Now, do you understand the contradictions of the FDA ?