hmmmm

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Method

Yes I did, and there is a method to it too.. I figured you would bring up the FDA food pyramid, and also say something to denounce it. Which basically does a 360 degree flip, and further illustrates my main point from the beginning. I know you are definitely intelligent enough to see the correlation here.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hair systems are awful, Paladin. I tried that route myself and quickly realized how foolish I was. It was a real pain in the ***. You think waiting for minoxidil to dry, etc, is a hassle! Try painting your forehead with sh*t that smells like airplane glue and having to wait for that to dry so that your coworkers don't think you've developed a sniffing habit. Even worse is when you don't get it on just right, having to clean up the residual glue is a mess. And I'm sure the sebum and sh*t that builds up under your piece after three days smells far worse than the spironolactone you all complain about, and it itches like hell.

It did look fantastic, though. Of course the chicks thought I was a freak about not letting them get their fingers TOO much into my hair. I had a nice piece, you could run your fingers through it, but if someone really took a close look, i.e. ran their fingers along your scalp, it was very very detectable.

Paladin, what do you say when someone tries to run their fingers through their hair? Aren't you sick of having to hide that thing? The lies, the people staring at you, and you wondering whether or not something isn't in place? It was an awful lifestyle with that thing on.

G

[
A) transplants- they look great through new techniques, however the limited donor area will ALWAYS play a problem.. Most of the pictures I have seen, guys still look balding.. Never getting a full head of hair back

a) Jesuuus. Look at some newer FUE photos for a start and some Woods photos. Limited donor area is a problem for some guys, but ive seen some great results with only 2 or 3 procedures. Bad hair transplant`S are still prelavent, depends on the doctors skill more than anything else.

B) Drugs- Most people and pictures I have seen show men with every insignificant results.. THe best results I have seen with drugs is people who are just starting to lose their hairloss.. I think the pictures of Martin on this hairloss site is the most impressive ive seen thus far.. And im still wondering why his eye brows change colors during the seasons.

Ive never been overally impressed by Martins results, ive seen countless better results. Do BETTER research!!!!!!! Go to regrowth.com and look at the editors results, poke around on hairlosshelp.com and search for Seattle rocks photos, go to Hairsite and look at some of the photos there.

I wore a hair system for 4 months in 1997 a year after i first started losing my hair. It sucked. One of the worst periods of my life. You take away one anxiety about your hair looking sh*t for another. Will people notice my hair hat? Will she feel it when she runs her hand through my hair? It makes you almost paranoid...you know what im talking about.

Im glad i got rid of it and started on propecia and minoxidil. If i went from norwood 2 to norwood 5 tommorow i would shave my head in a second, never again would i go through the hell of wearing a hair system.

Paladin_X

Reaction score
hilarious

No scientific background.. Prove what I am saying is wrong.. Prove it.. Use data, use pictures, show me your own results that would disqualify what I am saying

A) MEDS- People who are extremely balding show very moderate results.. And all of the cases I have seen or read about showed insignificant hair growth.. Growth that definitely does not justify the risks, and the tedious tasks involved.. IF I AM WRONG, AND OFF BASE, then prove im wrong.

b) transplants.. again if you are extensively balding, The donor area will never be enough to compensate.. After all the money the best results you will get is a middle aged balding look..

c) hairsystems.. some look disgusting.. Some are over priced and cost rediculous amounts of money.. But if you look hard enough you can get something that Looks natural and costs little.. Down side to hair systems is that its fake hair.. and requires forms of maintenance.. They are far from perfect.. But helped me greatly..

I dont see anything extreme about these claims.. And im up for being educated.. if you believe I am wrong.. I would def be interested in seeing "proof"

Paladin_X

Reaction score
darn

Sorry zimmy i wrote that post before i saw yours.. Yeah hair systems arent for everyone.. and it greatly depends on what type of hairsystem you have.. It can make make a world of difference.. My experiences have been positive so far.. Heres a question for you.. Is it possible to use meds, and wear a hair system at the same time? I would imagine using minoxidil on a shaved head would be easier.. If I use the meds ill apply for 8 months.. then let my hair grown in and see how well they are working.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Paladin,

One: Do you allow people to touch your hair?

and, What do you do when people touch your hair without getting your approval first, like most mammalian women tend to do with men? Do you freak out and jerk your head away like a man suffering paranoia?

Two: Whenever ANYONE looks at your hair, ANYONE, even if they are just innocently admiring your hair color (even though they are probably wondering if that little beast up there has a name, or wondering where the edges of your rug are and visualizing how you must look without it on)... do you find yourself getting paranoid thinking that your rug isn't on right?

Three: When you are at social functions, and you see a group of people all talking and looking at you, do you ever wonder if they are talking about your rug?

Four: When you are in the company of anyone with your rug on, do you ever find yourself pondering who in your social circle knows you have a rug versus who in your social circle you think you are fooling? Do you have close friends who you can confide in who you can talk openly with about the fact that you are wearing a rug and you can be honest with them about it... and then, the other friends who you are still maintaining your little secret from. Do you ever wonder if these two groups of people talk to each other?

Five: Do you think that women prefer men with hair loss, or men who wear rugs?

I'm just curious. I hated my rug, and since I have a rug lover right here and in person I was just wondering how the hell you dealt with these issues? Wearing a rug was hell! It started out okay, but just the sheer concept that every day you had to manually adjust this thing on your head and you had to do it perfectly the same day in or day out or the big secret would be revealed was way too much for me. I'd rather be bald!

Redbone

Reaction score
Paladin do you beleive in anything? You must have hope in something positive??? For a baldies Nick Cage and Robin Williams look good. They both had extensive H/T's as well as a whole host of other hollwood dudes.

G

Sorry Paladin if i was getting a bit uptight.

Im sure some guys are very happy wearing a hair system, but to me it made me feel really paranoid. I must admit when i first started wearing the hair system for a few days i felt great, then jeez i just realised i had made a big mistake.

Some hair systems look great, but it takes so much effort to make them look great. Though i suppose having a consistent regimen of using minoxidil takes effort as well.

If you want to use meds with a hair system well propecia would obviously be no problem, whether you want to go down that road. minoxidil on a shaved head would be okay , be very easy to apply, i presume you take the system off at night or is it one of those that is bonded to your scalp?

If your happy wearing the hair system then thats totally cool, i just dont think theres a substitute for the real thing. When i started losing my hair in 1996 i thought i would be bald really soon,i was losing it faaast until i got on propecia. Now im 29 and my hair hasnt looked this good in a long, long time. I was an ABSOLUTE sceptic about minoxidil when i first heard of it in 1997, i tried it for 2 weeks, hated it , threw it away, i didnt think it would work most of all, so then i looked into hair systems.

If you want ,give meds a go for at least 6 months, you may be pleasantly supprised.

G

Re: Method

Paladin_X said:
Yes I did, and there is a method to it too.. I figured you would bring up the FDA food pyramid, and also say something to denounce it. Which basically does a 360 degree flip, and further illustrates my main point from the beginning. I know you are definitely intelligent enough to see the correlation here.

Well you are right on my being intelligent but then I didn't need you to tell me that. And you continue to duck and dodge the issues, so we will let it go since you are disingenuous at best.

Paladin_X

Reaction score
very good

No i definitely understand the issues and concerns you are stating about hairsystems.. I felt those concerns a lot before i went and got one.. My situation might be a little different however.. I currenlty use a very small partial lace system that is only about 2 inches wide.. I use dermmatch to cover up my thinning areas.. The final result looks very good, and after time i have developed a strong confidence.. I have friends who would rip me up into pieces if they knew.. But the system blends in very well and is totally undectable. Im at the point where I want to get a larger system and shave off my thinning areas because applying dermmatch is becoming too tedious and time consuming.. As far as the system maintenance, it really has been less then I expected.. Most of the maintenance I deal with is using the damn dermmatch..

With my small partial system, it really isnt as bad as I thought it would be.. attachment and removal is very simple for me.. and the lace is very lightweight, doesnt feel like I have anything on my head at all.. Its completely invisible against the scalp.. As far as a full size unit.. Im hoping I get similiar experiences.. but I shall find out.. I was hoping I could apply minoxidil. directly on my scalp.. or perhaps through the hair system lace.. Dont know how it would effect the base material though.. I am only 23 years old.. and I am a little scared about screwin around with my hormones with propecia/proscar.. And another reason why I am not sure about the meds route is because I hate the requirements of doing something everyday forever.. Through my gut instincts and what I have read through researching,,, If I am going to take meds, this is the time to do it.. I really believe that the longer you wait the worse results you will get.. If i was very bald, I honestly would not consider taking medicines because I really do not see them being that effective for very bald men.

Is there any kind of topical DHT inhibitor that is as effective as oral consumption, but less side effect risks? I have a few pictures of my current state of thinning.. as well as some pictures of my system, etc. If anyone is interested in seeing, I would be happy to send.. ANd if anyone has any pictures of their own.. and can send them to me.. would greatly be appreciated.. I will be honest, A lot of the pictures that look sincere, show moderate results with meds.. I find that alot of pictures I have seen that show a night and day results.. are pictures that really seem questionable.. But im naturally a skeptic .

G

Re: hilarious

Paladin_X said:
No scientific background.. Prove what I am saying is wrong.. Prove it.. Use data, use pictures, show me your own results that would disqualify what I am saying

A) MEDS- People who are extremely balding show very moderate results.. And all of the cases I have seen or read about showed insignificant hair growth.. Growth that definitely does not justify the risks, and the tedious tasks involved.. IF I AM WRONG, AND OFF BASE, then prove im wrong.

b) transplants.. again if you are extensively balding, The donor area will never be enough to compensate.. After all the money the best results you will get is a middle aged balding look..

c) hairsystems.. some look disgusting.. Some are over priced and cost rediculous amounts of money.. But if you look hard enough you can get something that Looks natural and costs little.. Down side to hair systems is that its fake hair.. and requires forms of maintenance.. They are far from perfect.. But helped me greatly..

I dont see anything extreme about these claims.. And im up for being educated.. if you believe I am wrong.. I would def be interested in seeing "proof"

Most of what you say is general drivel, which is somewhat hard to
"prove that you are wrong." I have personally used male pattern baldness drugs and hair transplantation and am very happy with the results. That proves nothing but it IS important to me.

However, you continue to generalize and pontificate and to what end, I am not sure.

Hey, if you don't want to do the male pattern baldness drugs, don't. If you want to wear a rug, do. Don't want a hair transplant, hey don't get one.

But you constant broadslides are useless and baseless. If you want to see what propecia and minoxidil can do, LOOK UP THE Freakin FDA studies and see for yourself. No one here needs to convince you of anything.

And stop taking up our valuable disk space.

:moon:

Axon

Reaction score
Futzy, before and after:

futzygood.txt

That is all.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wow.

Not only did your hair grow back, but it looks like you gave up the lipstick as well. :twisted:

That is fantastic. thanks for the pix.

Redbone

Reaction score
Paldin your post are to damn long- you should really condence them I am sure you can make a point without the 2000 word novels youve been posting. You make Milton's Paradise Lost seem like an Essay.

G

redbone said:
Paldin your post are to damn long- you should really condence them I am sure you can make a point without the 2000 word novels youve been posting. You make Milton's Paradise Lost seem like an Essay.

Good one!

:laugh:

Axon

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen Bruce use the F word.

Nice.

EDIT heh, the link to that picture got overwhelmed. Too much traffic...

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
He's bruce lee man, what the F000k do you expect? :p

G

Axon said:
I don't think I've ever seen Bruce use the F word.

Nice.

EDIT heh, the link to that picture got overwhelmed. Too much traffic...

A thousand pardons! This guy drives me crazy!

As moderator, I feel compelled to go back and edit myself!

:rockon:

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Hi.

Darn the picture is not showing up on my browser.. :(

Zimmy thanks for the links.. actually that seatlerock guy.. Ive seen those pictures everywhere.. Theres a lot of controversy about them.. And no matter the case.. whatever it is.. this is some kind of rare/freak occurence.. In any event.. taking all those drugs as old as he is.. he definitely is going to be Fucked later in life in MY OPINION..

Out of everything, you know what impressed me the most? On regrowth.com under the propecia page, they show a photo of a before and after photo of someones progress during the clinical trials.. Yet when you click on clinical trial photos, or go to propecia.com and look at clinical trial photos, you dont see anything that significant.. What im trying to say is.. Its pretty odd that the picture on regrowth, someone who supposedly is from the clinical trials, would not be posted on the propecia web site, since it shows better results then the pictures they do have posted.. That to me is pretty fishy.. The pictures on propecia's website seem very realistic of what that particular drug alone can do. The picture on regrowth seems false... because if someone from the clinical trials showed that much regrowth.. It would only be common sense that propecia would post that picture under the extreme results that only a very small percentage of people experienced.

Bruce when you show anger, it just proves that what I am saying your taking time to comment, and its frustrating you. Especially when after all our discussion you make a comment that denounces your previous arguments.. and I set that up intentionally.. So you then resort to the typical I have no facts, im a retard, no scientific base.. etc. Bottom line of my posts was to question things a little, and explain things arent as clear cut as people make it out to be.. You go on to argue that im being retarded since there is all this HARDCORE DATA, and how you keep stressing the FDA, FDA, FDA, and argue about the accuracy, and honesty of FDA findings.. yet in another argument you denounce an FDA model, and claim that the FDA came out with something due to a correlation between the FDA and grain producers.. right there alone you are admitting that not everything the FDA does, or sponsors is Gods word.. But you brought up a specific example of how the FDA could have been influenced by BIG BUSINESS.. and that was my whole point from the start.. So i suggest you just give up.. and stop digging a deeper hole. even though it is easier to do when everyone is on your side of the fence trying to make an a**h** out of just one person. You can gang rape me all you want, everyone can call me a shmuck, but i know that anyone with a reasonable open mind, would see some truth to the babbling I have done..